Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195702 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 09:58:11 PM »
Only the founders have to start on a 40x30 lot?  There are a limited number of each size so if you were going for Mansion Baron, how would an heir stuck on a 20x15 lot achieve that?  I forget what the value of the lot has to be for that aspiration.  This challenge is pretty confusing at the moment so guess I'll just have to practice to make sure I get it right, right?  Ah, what horrible fate that is.  Guess I'll just have to suffer through it. (hand on brow dramatically)  lol 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 10:30:10 PM »
You can achieve Mansion Baron even if you are stuck on the tiniest lot.  It is about the value of the house+lot, just buy expensive items and put it in your house, that will increase the value.  My favorite is the $15,000 violin, small and expensive.

Mansion Baron is all about money, as long as you make enough money, you can use the cash to buy anything to increase the lot/house value.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 11:20:10 PM »
My current Dynasty family lives in a largish, but fairly modest house because I don't like playing huge homes. I just stick stuff like the columns and expensive items in the basement. I used the Knight statue because I forgot about those violins! Next time, though... :)

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 03:22:01 AM »
I've been browsing for the last month and trying out some of the challenges here.  This is my first time posting though  :) I love the sound of this challenge and actually getting the chance to play along with other people at the same time.
I just have a few questions.
1. If you go the retail option, does the founder and heirs still have to max a unique career along with running the retail shop?
2. Do you have to purchase a retail shop in Magnolia Parade, or can I just buy a lot in Newcrest and change it to retail?

Thanks!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 06:55:25 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, crstasse!

So glad you're going to try one of the challenges. To answer your questions, yes, your founder and heirs do have to max a unique career in addition to running the shop. But they do not have to purchase a shop in Magnolia Parade. You can't buy a lot in Newcrest if your 3 bloodlines are living in Newcrest, but you can buy an empty lot in one of the other towns.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 07:12:51 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  I kind of figured it out now that of course I would have to buy the lot in Magnolia Parade, part of the challenge is to see who owns the most blocks in Newcrest  ;D 

I think the retail one sounds kind of hard, only because I've not had much experience with it, and trying to sell stuff is so time consuming.  I'm play testing with it at the moment.  I think I'll just stick to the Mansion option.  Although I do like a hard challenge.

Thank you so much for your speedy reply.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2015, 07:22:12 AM »
Not sure how I'll go with this, but thank god we can buy one potion of youth when they are an elder.  I know I had about four attempts at the immortal dynasty and kept failing because I never maxed their careers  :'(  I finally managed it with the Villain career path  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2015, 07:38:07 AM »
@crstasse, I forgot to mention that the last challenge of the Tournament is still open. You might find it good practice for next year, if you're interested.

@Joria, We'll be doing a Tips thread for this as soon as it goes "live." (Dec. 3)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »
Just to make sure I've got this clear... it is only the founder of each bloodline that builds a museum right? And so future heirs just visit the founders lots and add their museum contributions while visiting?

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2015, 05:58:01 PM »
Next questions: Is there a time restriction on when you must have moved the next heir out of the family house? Could an alien heir have a nooboo to a sim that does not live in the family house? If so, would that nooboo be considered the next heir?
Also, because I've never played rotationally... how much money does a moving sim get?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2015, 06:07:11 PM »
Just to make sure I've got this clear... it is only the founder of each bloodline that builds a museum right? And so future heirs just visit the founders lots and add their museum contributions while visiting?

Correct.  Only the first lot (founder lot) will contain the museum where all your future heirs visit that lot to put their contributions.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »
Next questions: Is there a time restriction on when you must have moved the next heir out of the family house?
No time restriction.  However you need to be beware that active household will age, you don't want to leave your heir with the founder too long. 

Could an alien heir have a nooboo to a sim that does not live in the family house? If so, would that nooboo be considered the next heir?
Do you mean a female alien heir have a child with another male alien and that male alien isn't staying in the family house?  If that nooboo is the first child, and your male counterpart is full alien, i don't see any reason to not count the nooboo as heir.  @MarianT, what do you think?

Also, because I've never played rotationally... how much money does a moving sim get?
$20,000

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2015, 07:36:34 PM »
Next questions: Is there a time restriction on when you must have moved the next heir out of the family house?
No time restriction.  However you need to be beware that active household will age, you don't want to leave your heir with the founder too long. 

Could an alien heir have a nooboo to a sim that does not live in the family house? If so, would that nooboo be considered the next heir?
Do you mean a female alien heir have a child with another male alien and that male alien isn't staying in the family house?  If that nooboo is the first child, and your male counterpart is full alien, i don't see any reason to not count the nooboo as heir.  @MarianT, what do you think?

I was thinking mainly of male alien heirs who get abducted while still living with their parents, that you could count that child as the next heir. But I think a female alien heir should wait until she moves out to start having children.

Edited to add: I just added a clarification (I hope) to the rule. It's the 2nd in General Rules and Restrictions.

And I just re-read Playalot's question and realized I didn't quite answer it. Basically, an alien heir who gets abducted and gets pregnant can count that child as the heir if playing the Alien option. But otherwise, both parents have to live on the lot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering about that as it seemed to give aliens quite a benefit compared to non-aliens otherwise. lol, thought I'd found a loop-hole  ;)

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »
Looking forward to the tips.  I need all the help I can get!  I've been play testing just the retail option (to see if it's doable) on one person only and find selling to be such a slow process.  He's just become an adult and the shop is only worth $19,000.
Okay, that aside, I have another question.  If the founder moves in a potential partner and they bring 20,000 with them, is that okay?  Can we keep that money?
She also brought a teenager daughter and son (still a child) with her, which I had no idea she had considering she was still just a young adult herself.  She must have got knocked up really young  :o