Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 192845 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2015, 03:51:09 AM »
I have a question about marriages. So, the rules say that heirs can only marry when they've moved out, correct? Does that mean that children, barring the alien abduction, can only be born after the move? If so, does that mean the successful lineage aspiration is out for this challenge, due to the fact that one cannot be living with their grandchild?

Your grandchild does not have to be a child of an heir

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2015, 08:16:55 AM »
Go live is tomorrow!  I am excited to start this challenge.  I have started creating my three founders and they are just about ready for tomorrow.  :)

I haven't had a chance to playtest so I expect I will have more questions, clarifications once I do.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2015, 08:55:20 AM »
I have a question about marriages. So, the rules say that heirs can only marry when they've moved out, correct? Does that mean that children, barring the alien abduction, can only be born after the move? If so, does that mean the successful lineage aspiration is out for this challenge, due to the fact that one cannot be living with their grandchild?

I wouldn't recommend that you use Successful Lineage or Big Happy Family to satisfy the requirement that your heir have a unique aspiration, but you can pick up points from the Family aspirations later.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »
This is a really good tip!!  Any family type Aspiration is a no go in this challenge.  I spent all night researching Carl's Sims 4 guide on everything  ;D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:59 AM »
Quite a few aspirations can be completed while your heir is a teen. Renaissance Sim and Computer Whiz can both be completed within a couple of days of becoming a young adult. Those are probably the aspirations you want to focus on first. Then, as MarianT says, use some of the longer aspirations as shared aspirations for farming points. Also, remember that your heir cannot switch aspirations until they complete their unique one, so you probably want to get that done as soon as possible.

There are even things you can work on while the heir is a child, like collecting frogs toward the completed collection for Curator, catching fish to meet the "Collect 20 types of fish" for Angling Ace, Logic skill for Renaissance Sim/Nerd Brain, and violin or piano for Musical Genius, etc. If you know they'll be going for Computer Whiz, have them spend a lot of time on the computer playing the math game or practicing typing/playing Keyboard Commander so you get those 100 hours in early. Once they max Mental, they can start getting Video Gaming skill, too.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »
I feel like i am done with the spreadsheet, so please take a look , i hope i will help you all get organised. Rival Dynasty Spreadsheet

Tom or anyone else from the team, can you add it in the rules.

A quick guide to use it:
On each family screen you can set your bloodline option, that will add the right requirements in the sheet for the family.

All skills, careers and aspirations are made as drop down lists, but you dont have to use them you can write what you want in the fields :)

Remember you need to make your own personal copy of the sheet before you can change things in the sheet :)

---------------------------

If you find any errors in the sheet, or have improvement idears, please PM me

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2015, 10:43:17 AM »
I will be happy to add it. A huge round of applause for Lena.  :D Thank you so much!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2015, 10:55:14 AM »
Thanks so much, Lena! I know it will be helpful.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:23 AM »
Woot spreadsheet done, thanks Lena.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2015, 06:42:11 PM »
I feel like i am done with the spreadsheet, so please take a look , i hope i will help you all get organised. Rival Dynasty Spreadsheet

Thanks Lena!

Now I am really ready. 8)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2015, 06:31:24 AM »
Everyone is now free to begin their official Dynasty files. I am really looking forward to reading player's stories for this one. It is such a creative and different kind of Dynasty. I do not think I have officially credited MarianT with this event, but make no mistake - this is her baby and not mine. All the other Dynasties were indeed my creations and then others helped refine things, but this one is all Marian. Well done!  ;D

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2015, 07:10:39 AM »
This sounds like a fun challenge that might required some planning before doing.

I'm sure LenaLJ's spreadsheet will come in handy.
Kudos to MarianT for coming up with this.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2015, 07:28:26 AM »
I will be starting my founders when I get home from work - I almost could call in today, but end of month accounting waits for no one.  So my trio will have to wait to find their new homes until tonight.

Thanks for MarianT for coming up with a terrific idea for a dynasty and Thanks for LenaLJ's work on the spreadsheet.  Thanks for everyone who helps make this a wonderful land of challenges and dynasties.  Apparently, I am still in my thankful mood.  Now off to work to swipe a Christmas tree and try to do some work. :)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2015, 08:15:46 AM »
While Metro is right that I did come up with the idea, I have to say that the current challenge is much improved upon the original, thanks to him and the others. LenaLJ's spreadsheet is going to be a real boon to players -- it's also a handy summary of what your sims have to do. And Nutella's play-testing and questions exposed more than a few weaknesses. They're a great bunch to work with, and I hope we can bring you many great challenges in 2016!

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2015, 08:21:34 AM »
You guys are amazing!  I'm very excited to be a part of this new amazing Rival Dynasty Challenge.  Thanks so much to Lena for your spreadsheet.  I'm the type of person that has to document everything  :)  I love spreadsheets  ;D