Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195760 times)

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2015, 05:06:46 PM »
It's not very elegant, but I tested it and the party bush doesn't seem to cause the same problems. I deleted the toilets but didn't need to get Steel Bladder.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »
It's not very elegant, but I tested it and the party bush doesn't seem to cause the same problems. I deleted the toilets but didn't need to get Steel Bladder.

Is the party bush in build/buy?  That could be an easy temporary solution.

Tested with a new game, everything clean and new, no Landgraab's, no download house.
Still cannot put things in ANY frig no matter where or what kind.  Haven't tested trying to drag to sink or trash but it will probably be the same.  Same problem with queueing.  Next shot is going to be to uninstall GT.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »
The main issue with using Steel Bladder is that in this challenge it's banned except for Alien founders and heirs.

2. Have obtained the Never Weary, Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry, and Antiseptic rewards. Only the founders and heirs working on the Alien option may get these rewards.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »
Hopefully the party bush works so we can sidestep this issue until it is fixed anyway. I agree @callycat not very elegant at all. lol
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2015, 08:15:10 PM »

Is the party bush in build/buy?  That could be an easy temporary solution.

Yes, go to Build, Outdoor Plants, Shrubs and there are two of them with the GT icon in the top left of their picture.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »
Hopefully the party bush works so we can sidestep this issue until it is fixed anyway. I agree @callycat not very elegant at all. lol

Fortunately I don't have this bug (at the moment) in my RD file, but I wondered if it would work and have been testing it in a new save which did produce the bug. So far, still so good here...

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2015, 08:35:10 PM »
I didn't have the toilet bug until I visited the mansion in Windenburg...don't know if it's the cause, but I didn't notice a problem before that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2015, 11:55:10 PM »
I've "sort of" fixed things.  First, I removed every single file that could be removed including ALL save files.  (desktop)  Then I "repaired" the EP!!  Then I repaired game.  Then I went back in and tested in so many ways to rule out variants.  The key is no toilets anywhere on your lot.  So I'm using a bush inside the house in the various bathrooms which meant remodeling since it takes up 4 squares instead of one.  I am also avoiding going into Windenberg.  So far I can once again drag cooked food (or anything else I want to drag anywhere) to the frig or trash.  My Sims happily use the bush.  They stay seated and eat their meals.  I can queue some things some times but it's not a guarantee.  Sometimes the queue drops but less often.  My Sims follow directions now.  I can play again!!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2015, 06:05:18 AM »
Well I hope they fix it soon, cause Windenburg is so beautiful that it will be hard for me to stay away

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2015, 08:35:36 AM »
The main issue with using Steel Bladder is that in this challenge it's banned except for Alien founders and heirs.

This raised another question for me: are the Mansion bloodline rewards (dvs Frugal, Carefree, Connections and Professional Slacker) open for everybody even in other bloodlines?

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2015, 08:47:17 AM »

This raised another question for me: are the Mansion bloodline rewards (dvs Frugal, Carefree, Connections and Professional Slacker) open for everybody even in other bloodlines?

I hope so! I think the idea of the alien ones being restricted is that they are the powers the line is supposed to be recovering, but I hope I didn't misunderstand or I will be restarting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2015, 09:28:37 AM »
There's no restriction on the rewards that the sims in the Mansion Baron option have to get -- they're open to everyone. Callycat has the right idea -- the other rewards are supposed to be "alien" powers.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2015, 11:35:05 AM »
Thaks, callycat and MarianT. That's the impression I had but wanted to be sure.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »
Discovered a problem with using the bush.  It starts to reek!  Had to put toilets back in.  Hope it doesn't cause issues.  This challenge is so much more interesting than just a dynasty.  Always something new. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »
Discovered a problem with using the bush.  It starts to reek!  Had to put toilets back in.  Hope it doesn't cause issues.  This challenge is so much more interesting than just a dynasty.  Always something new. 

The smell wears off fairly quickly if you have them outside. I haven't tried putting them inside, but I'm not much of a builder :)

anything