Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195780 times)

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #285 on: January 08, 2016, 08:21:32 PM »
I am truly in love with this challenge. I think it will be the first dynasty I actually complete. A large part of this has to do with the rotational play. The Sims version I loved the most was version 2 because I played rotational play with the Summerdreams, Capulets, and Montys. When my computer went down and I lost that file after years of playing them I felt like family members had passed away.  LOL  Also, I have never had a favorite SIM as much as I loved Bianca Monty. LOL Not sure why but she was my favorite. Well, this challenge has helped me find a new favorite. However, I just wish I knew how to say her name.... Soibohn or something like that. Just makes me think soybean. LOL My challenge is revolving around the world. I have the Eastons (east of the Atlantic Ocean) which are the manion barons, Americas (retail), and Simax (alien).

I also want to give huge kudos to Nutella for her assistance with her challenge page. I had to restart and due to her advice throughout her challenge I feel confident I will be able to meet all the necessary criteria for the dynasties. Well back to simming. :-) 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2016, 08:26:22 PM »
@Makenziegma, glad to hear you're enjoying it! I really liked Bianca Monty, too. And Puck Summerdream gave me a red-haired alien child. Good times.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2016, 03:24:36 AM »
KRae thank you for how to pronounce my new favorite Sims name. :-)

Marian, this challenge is so amazing why don't you talk to metro about making some of the shorter challenges be rotational somehow? That is how I LOVE to play!!!

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2016, 12:37:27 AM »
Well I think there might be a problem.... When I came back to my first family to start their 2nd week the one sim had leveled up completely in fitness. This is not even a skill I had her working on. Now my concern is if this keeps happening it will be impossible due to once a skill is maxed another founder will be unable to finish it. With just fitness for this dynasty it wasn't in my plans to have anyone level up in this but I don't want this to keep happening because I am sure it would become a problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I appreciate any help or ideas. :-)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2016, 07:45:16 AM »
I've heard that there's a bug that gives sims a level 10 fitness when you rotate away from them. I think it's more likely that you have that bug unless your other sims have been spending a lot of time at the gym and your sim has been there.

Other skills in which your sims might gain points while you're not playing them are cooking (the grills at the park) and logic (the chess tables). And I suppose dancing now, too. But other than that, I can't think of any that might be a problem. Let us know, though, if you start picking up other skills unexpectedly.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »
So does that mean that these are not skills I should attempt to be unique skills for an heir within a dynasty?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2016, 06:58:32 PM »
So does that mean that these are not skills I should attempt to be unique skills for an heir within a dynasty?

Probably. There are definitely some skills that you want to be "free," that is, unique to any heir. I think there's a list in the Hints and Tips section. Basically, rocket science for aliens and painting for mansion barons and retail, along with logic, which is required for several careers. If you look at the careers you plan to use, you can figure out which skills will be needed by more than one heir in a line.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2016, 09:35:42 PM »
I had planned on skills such as rocket science, painting, etc. I just didn't expect some to be bugged. I will need to reevaluate and make sure that fitness, cooking, and logic are free for all blood lines.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2016, 08:51:07 PM »
Working diligently on this really helps me see that to some extent these dynasty stories write themselves. Yes there are more creative authors out there such as Marian. :-) However, to some extent these stories are told by the Sims. Really inspiring me to want to make a huge leap and create my own dynasty story. Also, have to admit I am so hooked by this having a hard time wanting to do the regular challenges.... LOL They are always great but I am intrigued by this challenge. I think due to my ADHD the rotational play aspect is amazing. By the time I get bored I am on to the next and soon not wanting to wait to get back to see what they have been up to... LOL

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: January 14, 2016, 10:31:57 AM »
@Makenziegma, we're always ready for more sims stories!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2016, 09:43:04 AM »
so...I have a quick question. I have GTW but I would like to do the alien option minus the aliens and strangely colored skin. Could I use "unnatural" eye colors for the 'pass along' trait instead of skin color?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: January 15, 2016, 09:54:17 AM »
so...I have a quick question. I have GTW but I would like to do the alien option minus the aliens and strangely colored skin. Could I use "unnatural" eye colors for the 'pass along' trait instead of skin color?

The "pass along" skin color is only for people who don't have GTW but want to do the alien option. If you play your aliens in disguise, they'll look like normal sims. You'll have a hard time getting the two portraits if your aliens aren't actually aliens. Also, you don't have to do the alien option; you can do two of one option or even all three the same option.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2016, 09:57:12 PM »
My Dinner Party is stuck!  Have everything completed but no matter how much food there is or who is doing the action "Call to Meal" is not showing up so can't complete the party. Need to get silver for my chef.  Anything I can do?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: January 18, 2016, 08:58:53 AM »
My Dinner Party is stuck!  Have everything completed but no matter how much food there is or who is doing the action "Call to Meal" is not showing up so can't complete the party. Need to get silver for my chef.  Anything I can do?

Ouch! The only thing I can think of is to cancel the party and start a different one. That's a shame because the Dinner Party is usually one of the easier ones to complete.

anything