Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195715 times)

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »
I've only just had this happen very recently!!  I can see how it would be annoying if you've had it from the get go.  Sometimes the last thing you want when getting romantically involved with a young adult Sim, is to have them come with two kids :o  And as much as I do get 20,000 I still have to make two extra bedrooms for the kids.  And then try to get the founder at least a bit friendly with them.  Which is hard to do in challenges like these when time is everything!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
@crstasse  those abductions happened right after GTW first came out. After that the devs at EA re-tuned the abduction/pregnancy rate and nowadays it is very rare. The only time I've had a sim pregnant from abduction now is after spamming the satellite over and over again and, strangely, about five seconds into a new game!

That was why I asked, in my experience abduction and then abduction resulting in pregnancy is so rare it is hardly even a game feature anymore.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2015, 10:57:35 PM »
I think they have fine tuned it too much the other way now! 

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2015, 12:18:17 AM »
An observation/tip and a couple of questions:

Since each of the alien collections must be represented at least once in their museum, you'll have to do the plants with either the founder or the first heir. Plants can't be placed into personal inventory so they can't be transferred to the founder's lot after moving.

How long after an abduction do the belly sparkles show up? In other words, how long after an abduction would it be before you know your Sim is pregnant?
Must Aliens actually marry or can they just procreate with another alien living in the house? The rules say they must marry an alien, but I guess I was wondering why this is since the other bloodlines do not have to get married. It isn't a big deal either way. It's more just curiosity.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2015, 01:17:04 AM »

Since each of the alien collections must be represented at least once in their museum, you'll have to do the plants with either the founder or the first heir. Plants can't be placed into personal inventory so they can't be transferred to the founder's lot after moving.

How long after an abduction do the belly sparkles show up? In other words, how long after an abduction would it be before you know your Sim is pregnant?
Must Aliens actually marry or can they just procreate with another alien living in the house? The rules say they must marry an alien, but I guess I was wondering why this is since the other bloodlines do not have to get married. It isn't a big deal either way. It's more just curiosity.

Usually the sparkles happen fairly quickly usually after the abducted moodlet expires but meantime the sim starts having thought bubbles with baby related icons.

The other questions will need a challenge team member to answer.  :)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »

The idea was mainly that all the heirs in the alien bloodline should be full aliens. But if your sim is in a good enough relationship to try for baby, then it should be fairly easy to marry the housemate that he or she has the baby with.

Edited to add: We've modified the rules to allow harvest from plants. The harvest must be from a plant that your alien heir has grown, however, and each fruit must be unique. In other words, you can't just set 7 fang flowers that you harvested from Sixam in the Museum, nor can you grow one dragonfruit and use 7 fruits from it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2015, 10:31:28 AM »

MarianT updated the rules for this problem:

4. Aliens must place 2 portraits in the Museum, one in disguise and one not. Their collections are limited to geodes, space rocks, aliens, and alien plants (dragonfruit, cowplant, and UFO plant may be included). If you want to use the harvest from alien plants, the fruits must come from plants that your alien has grown, and each must be different.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2015, 11:24:22 AM »
@MarianT, thanks for clearing up my alien question. I'll start with a full alien then.

In regards of the new rule:
... the fruits must come from plants that your alien has grown...
How much of the gardening the alien has to do: everything or can someone help with e.g. watering and weeding?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »

4. Aliens must place 2 portraits in the Museum, one in disguise and one not. Their collections are limited to geodes, space rocks, aliens, and alien plants (dragonfruit, cowplant, and UFO plant may be included). If you want to use the harvest from alien plants, the fruits must come from plants that your alien has grown, and each must be different.

There are only 6 different options: Orb, fang flower, quill plant, UFO, dragonfruit, and cowplant/berry. One variety will have to be repeated. Maybe the Death Flower could be included in order to get 7 different plants?

Regarding the Retail Option, Carl's guide says:

Selling the Business
You can sell your business at any time, should you tire of managing it or want to buy a new one on another lot. Know that Retail Perks go with it, but you will get the business' full face value - all money in its account and the value of all combined objects on the lot transferred to your household funds.

Does this mean that the perks stay with the lot or that once the lot is sold the perks are gone? I have not played retail before, so I'm unsure. If the perks stay with the lot, then subsequent heirs wouldn't be able to buy the existing lots as they would automatically get the perks. Of course, if Carl means that the perks disappear it's a non-issue.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »

There are only 6 different options: Orb, fang flower, quill plant, UFO, dragonfruit, and cowplant/berry. One variety will have to be repeated. Maybe the Death Flower could be included in order to get 7 different plants?

Regarding the Retail Option, Carl's guide says:

Selling the Business
You can sell your business at any time, should you tire of managing it or want to buy a new one on another lot. Know that Retail Perks go with it, but you will get the business' full face value - all money in its account and the value of all combined objects on the lot transferred to your household funds.

Does this mean that the perks stay with the lot or that once the lot is sold the perks are gone? I have not played retail before, so I'm unsure. If the perks stay with the lot, then subsequent heirs wouldn't be able to buy the existing lots as they would automatically get the perks. Of course, if Carl means that the perks disappear it's a non-issue.

I was under the impression that there was a 4th alien plant, but if not, then I'll add death flower.

As for the retail perks, I'm pretty sure that they disappear when you leave the household that owns the store.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2015, 03:13:20 PM »
I'm a bit confused about the alien museum items. How can one heir add 7 geodes that are not the same type of geode because there are only 6 different types... Was your original idea for each museum item to be different? Or is it only the plants that have to be different. (There are only 4 different space rocks too.)  :-\

Also the death flower takes quite a bit of work to graft/grow etc, seems a little out of proportion re: effort compared to other non-alien heirs? Considering another non-alien heir could just go out and grab 7 frogs that are at least worth something. (Death flower only worth $1)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »
Only harvested plants have to be different, because it's too easy to get 7 fruits from one plant. If you want to use plants rather than harvested items (which you can only do with the first heir) you could have all 7 plants the same or a mix. With everything else, duplicates within the type are okay.

@Tipi, your heir should do all the work for the collection. You can plant a cowberry or dragonfruit from someone else's plant, but the weeding and watering have to be done by your sim.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2015, 06:55:12 PM »
Right, got it. Thanks for the super quick reply MarianT :)

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:01 PM »
This sounds fantastic, I can't wait to start.  I just wish it started on the 2nd, since tomorrow is my day off.

I'm planning Tycho Curious for C option, Thornton Wolff Jr. for A option and Lucy Burb for B option.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2015, 10:21:11 PM »
I have a question about marriages. So, the rules say that heirs can only marry when they've moved out, correct? Does that mean that children, barring the alien abduction, can only be born after the move? If so, does that mean the successful lineage aspiration is out for this challenge, due to the fact that one cannot be living with their grandchild?