Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195280 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2015, 08:24:42 PM »
Hi, guys, so I just want to make 100% sure this is what you mean. When you say that heirs can only marry after moving out, does that include having children (barring alien abductions)? Speaking of alien abductions, what do the Mansion Baron and Retail Bloodlines do about abduction pregnancy?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2015, 08:50:58 PM »
Hi, guys, so I just want to make 100% sure this is what you mean. When you say that heirs can only marry after moving out, does that include having children (barring alien abductions)?

Correct.  They cannot marry or have children while still staying with parents.  They have to finish requirement, move out, then you are allowed to get marry and reproduce.  Only exception is the Alien option.

Speaking of alien abductions, what do the Mansion Baron and Retail Bloodlines do about abduction pregnancy?

We have the requirement of "both parents must live on the lot" - with abduction pregnancy, you won't be able to fulfill this requirement.  Hence alien abductions children for Mansion and Retail bloodline cannot be counted as heirs.  You can send them back to home world or keep as spares.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2015, 09:15:01 PM »
I think I have this correct; founders do not need to complete a unique aspiration. So are they allowed to switch around aspirations to farm satisfaction points or are they stuck on their 'initial' aspiration until it is completed anyway?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2015, 12:01:03 AM »
I think I have this correct; founders do not need to complete a unique aspiration. So are they allowed to switch around aspirations to farm satisfaction points or are they stuck on their 'initial' aspiration until it is completed anyway?

I hope they can hop around because that's what I've been doing!I just finished my first founder's first week and he has done a LOT of aspiration switching.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2015, 05:38:18 AM »
This question relates to the alien option specifically - does the founder still needs two portraits and a collection, or have I misunderstood? I just checked against the spreadsheet after the previous questions as I'd completely missed they didn't have to do a unique aspiration, and the initial (not second) portrait and collection are blanked out for the founders.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2015, 05:41:59 AM »

Correct.  Only founders (your 3 starting sims) do not need to complete unique aspiration.  Yes, they are allowed to switch aspirations around for points.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2015, 05:47:50 AM »
This question relates to the alien option specifically - does the founder still needs two portraits and a collection, or have I misunderstood? I just checked against the spreadsheet after the previous questions as I'd completely missed they didn't have to do a unique aspiration, and the initial (not second) portrait and collection are blanked out for the founders.

You still need two portraits, but do not need a collection.  Good catch on the spreadsheet, I will inform Lena about the changes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2015, 05:54:25 AM »
Ah, thank you for clearing that up! I know the rules must have been a nightmare with the different options :) Not to mention the spreadsheet, I am in awe.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2015, 09:15:17 AM »
Spreadsheet updated now, thanks for catching the error callycat

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
@LenaLJ I am hoping you can help me regarding the spreadsheet.  I downloaded it and did a save as.  When I choose a bloodline option it doesn't show the requirements, but shows #Name.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I am trying to open it with Excel Starter.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I figured out that I have to use Google docs in order to get it to work.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2015, 03:12:45 AM »
I just have one question.  When you move in spares or partners are you allowed to change their aspirations? 

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2015, 03:18:24 AM »
@LenaLJ I am hoping you can help me regarding the spreadsheet.  I downloaded it and did a save as.  When I choose a bloodline option it doesn't show the requirements, but shows #Name.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I am trying to open it with Excel Starter.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I figured out that I have to use Google docs in order to get it to work.

Yes the code sadly only works in the same program.

I would rather make the sheets in excel myself, but not all have that but google docs all can get free access to. So that ended up beign the main reason for the choice years ago.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2015, 07:45:47 AM »
I just have one question.  When you move in spares or partners are you allowed to change their aspirations? 

Yes, allowed.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »
Thankyou.  I thought so, but I still played it safe for the first week!

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »
I only hope our talented builders will build more houses for this challenge, and here i am not only thinking about starters, but also mansions and what other creative idears you have :)
(I cant build anything pretty and not 15 different builds :O )