Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 194930 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2015, 12:28:23 PM »
I do have to say that I just went and saved the ones I would want into my library, and they go under the heading of "mine" instead of "maxis."  However, I think most of us by now know which houses come with a clean hood, and which ones don't. 

@simfulicious, That should be okay. We mainly want to avoid people getting houses that have career or party rewards among their furnishings, as these can give an advantage.

@reggiko, Glad you're enjoying it. There's no one "right" strategy, at least I hope not.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
From the rules:

Can we put any other maxis pre-builts in our library before we start this file?  Not all of them currently exist in the library on their own, but I don't think they are any different than the ones that are there (in terms of gameplay)...they just didn't put them in the library when they put the other ones there.

I really like this idea.

I wonder if the team would consider this as a way to break ties. Oasis Springs and Willow Creek each have 16 residential lots, whereas Newcrest has 15. For players not really interested in high museum value, maybe those players could play in either Oasis Springs or Willow Creek with the race to the final lot determining the winning bloodline. The challenge would end as soon as an heir moves into the 16th lot. It wouldn't change the existing challenge rules, just add a second option.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2015, 02:23:28 PM »
I don't think this will work.  You are assuming your 3 bloodlines will proceed in the same speed 5/5/6 and the 6th will be the winner (16th lot).  What if you have bloodlines like 8/5/3 and it happens the bloodline with 3 is the one to occupy the 16th lot?  You calling the bloodline with the least heir the winner?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2015, 02:31:20 PM »
No, I only meant in the event that any bloodlines are tied after 15 lots are occupied. Of course, if there is no tie at 15 lots occupied, the bloodline with the most occupied lots would win.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »
I still think it wouldn't work.  Let's say if all 3 bloodlines are tied at 5 lots each, the first one to reach the 16th lot will be the first bloodline you started playing on week one.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2015, 03:30:09 PM »
Just out of interest... has anyone had an alien abducted and pregnant as a result in their test files?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2015, 03:38:01 PM »
What's the ruling on lot editing in the science career?  Does my sim have to avoid the tasks that temporarily edits the lot (ie. the inventions get placed before going into the inventory)?  And I'm assuming that transforming objects at work is a no no, even though its a work task.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2015, 03:44:38 PM »
Question: If you are building each of your founders a house can you spend a few rotations doing that. In other words... is it ok that the houses take a few sim weeks to build or must the houses all be completed on that first day?

Also must I get all three founders a career on that first day? I was planning on getting them jobs at the end of their first rotation so I have time to do other stuff with each of them. Sims don't actually earn money when you are rotated away from them, right? So I don't think not placing them in a career benefits one bloodline over an other. (I think.)

Also I'm a little confused why there is such a rush to move the next heir out etc. After all your sims that you don't play anymore won't age/die... I think my strategy seems really different from anyone else and I'm starting to think I've missed something!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2015, 03:58:29 PM »
What's the ruling on lot editing in the science career?  Does my sim have to avoid the tasks that temporarily edits the lot (ie. the inventions get placed before going into the inventory)?  And I'm assuming that transforming objects at work is a no no, even though its a work task.

This is dynasty not tournament challenges, the lot editing in science career will be the same like immortal dynasty.  As long as you don't go into buy/build mode, you're golden.  You are allowed to take items from personal inventory place it on floor then put it back in inventory.   Just say "no" to buy/build mode.

Make sure you don't do this for challenges.  :o  Dynasty operates on a different ruleset than challenges.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2015, 04:06:08 PM »
Question: If you are building each of your founders a house can you spend a few rotations doing that. In other words... is it ok that the houses take a few sim weeks to build or must the houses all be completed on that first day?

Yes it is okay to take a few sim weeks to build your house.  Your sim will just live partially out in the wild while you are remodeling/building your house.

Also must I get all three founders a career on that first day? I was planning on getting them jobs at the end of their first rotation so I have time to do other stuff with each of them. Sims don't actually earn money when you are rotated away from them, right? So I don't think not placing them in a career benefits one bloodline over an other. (I think.)

No, you do not need to get a career on the first day.  Maxing a unique career is a requirement though, you might want to start early if you have trouble maxing careers.

Also I'm a little confused why there is such a rush to move the next heir out etc. After all your sims that you don't play anymore won't age/die... I think my strategy seems really different from anyone else and I'm starting to think I've missed something!

The rivalry is basically a race.  Which bloodline has the most lots win, so you want to rush them out (at least that's how I play it).  You don't have to rush them out if you don't want to, take your time and enjoy writing the story, but still at the end of the dynasty whichever bloodline has the most lots will be declared the winner. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2015, 04:09:14 PM »
Ok, thanks, yeah I'm not bothered about maxing a career, I can usually do that in about 20 sims days and at first I do want to just take my time and enjoy my founders... at the end of the day if I'm playing the bloodlines all at the same pace then it doesn't matter. I'll just have to make sure I don't play one at a faster pace than another. :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
Yes, I am a pest today. Sorry about that! Nutella, you are right about the 16th lot thing. Of course, I thought of that AFTER I posted the idea. DUR! ;)

I do have a question, though. Can Aliens use their powers to resurrect dead aliens for the museum? I think the live aliens are worth a bit more than the dead ones.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2015, 04:32:33 PM »
Yes, I am a pest today. Sorry about that! Nutella, you are right about the 16th lot thing. Of course, I thought of that AFTER I posted the idea. DUR! ;)

No worries, you're not a pest.  Keeps my brain busy, that's a good thing.

I do have a question, though. Can Aliens use their powers to resurrect dead aliens for the museum? I think the live aliens are worth a bit more than the dead ones.

Sure, I don't see a reason to not allow it.  Although live alien is $165 and dead alien is $150, you sure you want to do that (if you are going for value)?   ;D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2015, 05:31:23 PM »

No worries, you're not a pest.  Keeps my brain busy, that's a good thing.

Sure, I don't see a reason to not allow it.  Although live alien is $165 and dead alien is $150, you sure you want to do that (if you are going for value)?   ;D

When you resurrect them, they change from dead to alive. :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2015, 07:12:38 PM »
Oh right, resurrect.  Brain not functioning, too much turkey.