Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236164 times)

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4065 on: November 24, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »
Hi everyone. ;D I've been a lurker for about a year, but recently decided to officially join.

So, about me. I'm Kender (a nickname given to me by my first boyfriend years ago, but it's basically my second name now lol), a mid-20s American expat living about 30 minutes west of Seoul, South Korea. Pretty sure my parents thought I'd only be here a year or two before giving up and moving back near them, but then I went and got myself married to a local last month. Whoops! Sorry, Mom and Dad, but it's not like you haven't seen it coming since I started teaching myself Korean in highschool. ;)

Hubs and I are having our wedding ceremony sometime next fall or winter, if we can survive this adjustment period. (Trying not to kill him is very trying some days. Like today. Must be love, right? ::)) No plans for kids yet, but Hubs is pushing 30 and his biological clock is ticking. (Pushy Asian parents. Although to be fair my father is also being a bit pushy about it. And we've only been married a month!) I'm fine being childless for now, but I'm pushing for a dog and/or a cat once I get my marriage visa and find a job, since growing up we had at least one of each at any given time and I miss having a furry friend. If I had my way we'd own German Shepherds or Irish Wolfhounds or some other big furry bundle of love, but unfortunately we live in an apartment (or a "villa" as it's called here, which is basically just an apartment in a small building as opposed to a highrise) and Hubs isn't really a fan of big dogs unless they're a Korean breed like the Jindo, which is a gorgeous creature but frankly way too much work for me. Also he has this weird misconception that cats and dogs absolutely cannot live together. ???

Anyway! I've been a Sims fan since I got Sims classic for Christmas way back when, although I was so addicted to it for a while that my parents had to cut me off. And then they refused to get Sims 2. :( Meanies. But Sims 3 more than makes up for the loss (I have all the expansions and all the stuff packs, although I'm sure I don't use them to their full advantage), and now that all my foreign friends have gone back to their respective countries and I'm alone with my non English-speaking husband, it's pretty much the most English exposure I get. :-\ I use this as an excuse for my addiction. ;D

Oh, and I tend to talk too much online. Makes up for me being the silent type in real life. :P

As we say in Korea, 잘 부탁드려요~ ♥ ("Please take care of me/treat me well~ ♥")

♥ Kender

SimBlip

« Reply #4066 on: November 24, 2012, 11:41:48 AM »
Welcome, Donna, Appeagdal and Kender! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #4067 on: November 24, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
Welcome, Kender! Enjoy the forum :)

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #4068 on: November 24, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »
I welcome all new members to this awesome forum! I hope you enjoy your time here.  :D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #4069 on: November 25, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »
Welcome to all the members I have missed!
I love rain!

Offline KachieSan

• Nooboo
« Reply #4070 on: November 28, 2012, 03:09:24 AM »
Heyla everyone!

I've been lurking the site and forum for... ever it seems. Finally decided to join the forums so I can join in all the fun and help people out the way scouring the forums have helped me.

I'm a long time Simmer, been playing since the first generation when my mom and sister got into it and graciously allowed me computer time. Now I'm (almost) 25 and playing Sims 3 on my own laptop while still commiserating about the games with my mom and sharing all the awesomeness with new generations of players while working at Target. (Seriously, I talked two little girls into gettings Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, World Adventures, and Pets and sharing the expansions between their laptops, with their grandfather's permission. Was great feeling.)

Also, I live in northern California, waaaaay up by the Oregon border and on the coast. When not working, I'm either at home where I rent a room from my dad and stepmom with my tuxedo kitty Semira and my ever-rotating collection of rats. Currently providing for four... one store-bought agouti hooded male named Latte, and adopted-from-the-wild triplets Cappa, Chino, and Honey, who I've had since they were a week old. OR I'm out at my boyfriend's where he gets a huge kick out of watching me play Sims 3 and all the shenanigans my sims get into, and where I have to manuever around his mom's terrier who wishes he was my dog. With any luck we'll be able to finally (after four years of dating) get our own place sometime next year and I can finally get a dog of my own to go with my menagerie.

Hoping to have a fun time chatting with people!

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #4071 on: November 28, 2012, 03:36:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum, KachieSan. I hope you enjoy it here!  :D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #4072 on: November 29, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
Welcome to thge forum KachieSan! :)

Offline Rainforest

• Nooboo
« Reply #4073 on: November 29, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
Hello there to Carl and everyone here!  I have been using this site for a few weeks now... it seems that every time I have a question and do a google search, Carl's Sims3 is where I end up, so I have quit the google searches and just come straight here now! lol

Thank you so much for such a wonderful site... it's full of so much information!  I have been a simmer since the very beginning of Sims1, but I only started playing Sims3 a few weeks ago.

Anyway, nice to meet all of you,
Rainforest  :-*

Louise56

« Reply #4074 on: November 30, 2012, 04:02:04 AM »
Welcome, Rainforest! This forum is awesome, enjoy exploring it. :)

Offline HippyFreek

• Nooboo
« Reply #4075 on: November 30, 2012, 04:16:29 AM »
Hi! I'm 'Freek! I live in the Emerald City with my husband, daughter, grandma, and two cats.

I've been playing Sims since someone gifted it to me when I was about 13. I recently invested in the base and some EPs (WA, Gen, SN) and I'm in LOVE! I don't get much time to play (No dynasties right now!), and I'm finding myself pretty dependent on the testing cheats to avoid getting bored with the monotony, but I'm into the YA years of my 2nd generation with one family, and I'm starting to see the real nuances in the characters, like my 2nd gen YA Clementine comes home from work about once a week with the action queued to accuse her husband of cheating, even though he's been completely faithful (He's a party animal who had several rom. interests, but no exs, gfs, or anything, and hasn't flirted with anyone at all since moving in with C.) In the resultant fights, she ends up with simultaneous wishes to watch the stars with him and fight with him, and he pops wishes to meet new people and skinny dip. I'm debating trying to keep them together since they are both 5 star celebrities and I'm afraid of the public fallout if they split up, or letting it play out. He just met this compatible friendly girl while he was out questioning people and he popped a wish almost immediately to friend her.

Anyway, yeah... I'll probably continue lerking for a while, though Shipperke's stories lured me out. :) Nice to meet you all!

Louise56

« Reply #4076 on: November 30, 2012, 05:50:20 AM »
Welcome, HippyFreak! Nice to meet you. :)

SimBlip

« Reply #4077 on: November 30, 2012, 04:03:16 PM »
Welcome, KachieSan, Rainforest and HippyFreek! Have a wonderful time! :)

Offline Kuroibara

• Nooboo
« Reply #4078 on: December 02, 2012, 03:30:21 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm a long time lurker on this forum who finally swallowed her anxiety and made her first post. Name's Kuroibara (Kuro is how most people tend to shorten it). I'm 25, married, and the  proud mother of two cats, Domino and Gaz.

I've read a lot of the stories on this forum and have tried my hand at an Immortal Dynasty challenge a few times, and more recently have started a new attempt that I think I might like to write a story to go with.

Anyway, I'm really excited to be out here instead of hiding in the digital bushes!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4079 on: December 02, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Welcome everyone!

anything