Author Topic: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Completed!  (Read 159656 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
The Took Immortal Dynasty, Completed!
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:39 PM »
Chapter Index

1.1-Off to a Good Start
1.2-The Spousal Conundrum
1.3-The Spousal Conundrum, Part Two
1.4-The Surrogate and the Successor
1.5-Two Weddings, Without Warning, and a Wee Babe Part 1
1.6-Two Weddings, Without Warning, and a Wee Babe Part 2
1.7-Johnny the Joker
1.8-Good Times, Bad Times
1.9-Abernathy
1.10-A Trio of Birthdays
1.11-Hi Me!

2.1-He's a Real Boy!
2.2-The Brain Trust!
2.3-The Man of Science
2.4-Their Own Private Party
2.5-Song and Dance
2.6-Of Love and Loss, Part One
2.7-Of Love and Loss, Part Two
2.8-When Bad News Arrives, Part One
2.9-When Bad News Arrives, Part Two
2.10-We Knew This Day Would Come
2.11-(Alien) Baby, Baby, Baby, Oh!

3.1-Chantons?  More Like Chan-teens
3.2-Being Dated
3.3-We've Run Out of Candy!
3.4-When Love Comes Along
3.5-An Important and Long-Awaited Birthday!!!
3.6-Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!!
3.7-A Little Less Red
3.8-The Handsome Elder
3.9-The New Pollinator
3.10-New Friends and a New Took
3.11-Pushing the Limit

4.1-The First Day and the Third Wheels
4.2-It Doesn't Count
4.3-Lacing 'em Up
4.4-Political Par-TAY!
4.5-So Smooth
4.6-Orange
4.7-Reap Around Him
4.8-The Teen and the Vamp

5.1-Oh You Vetcha!
5.2-Still Around
5.3-What Confidence Looks Like
5.4-A Mix of Orange and Blue
5.5-All Dressed Up
5.6-A Nice, Friendly Hug
5.7-It's All a Blur
5.8-Cry It Out
5.9-Bear With Me

6.1-A Rose is a Rose is a Rosa
6.2-Purple, Blue, and a Wall?
6.3-The Triple Age-up
6.4-Extra Diapers
6.5-Tessie!
6.6-The Tessie Takeover!
6.7-Took a Tour

7.1-Gnoses and Gnomes
7.2-Faces, Faithfulness, and Fire
7.3-Tessie's Teen Time
7.4-Boys, You're Both Pretty!
7.5-Gnomes from All Walks of Life
7.6-Things Are Looking Grim
7.7-The Unbearable Dance Party
7.8-Breaking Hearts and Taking Gnomes
7.9-Still Going Strong
7.10-In Ericka's Voice
7.11-A New Hope
7.12-Toddling Along
7.13-Captain Princess Lady

8.1-The Final Teen
8.2-The Captain Princess Young Lady
8.3-Names Are Over-rated, Right?
8.4-Finding Founders
8.5-Wow
8.6-Romance and a Birthday
8.7-Official Officer
8.8-Retelling Retail
8.9-Doing It the Easy Way
8.10-In the Light of Truth
8.11-Couples
8.12-The Finish Line

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:55 PM »
Stats

Founder:  Gaivan Took

1 unique career:  Culinary (level 10)
2 unique aspirations:  master chef (4/4), master mixology (4/4)
3 non-unique skills:  cooking (10), mixology (10), gourmet cooking (10)
4 unique rewards:  Stoves and grills master, Free services, Speed cleaner, Instant Hygiene Potion
5 different gold medal parties/dates:  dinner party, wedding, date (with Rieko), House party, Birthday party (Abernathy)
6 good friends (with 1 unique BFF/best friend):  Candy Behr, Summer Holiday, Clara Bjergsen (unique BFF), Donnie Pagan, Daisy O'Neal, Lana Lacey
7 different emotionally influenced whims:  Confident-have a drink at a club, Happy-hug someone, Embarrassed-call someone on the phone, Flirty-tell dirty joke to someone, Sad-cry it out, Energized-go for a jog, Focused-create mathematical diagram on the easel
8 unique items in the museum:  Photographs (of food)

Heir 1:  Abernathy Took

1 unique career:  Scientist (10)
2 unique aspirations:  Freelance Botanist (4/4), Grilled Cheese (4/4)
3 non-unique skills:  Gardening (10), Logic (10), Charisma (10)
4 unique rewards:  Frugal, Fertile, Instant Fun, Focused Potion
5 different gold medal parties/dates:  House party, Birthday Party (Raj), Wedding Party, Dinner Party, Date (with Izumi)
6 good friends (with 1 unique BFF/best friend):  Olivia Kim-Lewis (unique BFF), Wolfgang Munch, Danny Pagan, Gretchen Ojo, Eva Landgraab, Elsa McElroy, Kiana Cowan
7 different emotionally influenced whims:  Confidence-tell an unbelievable story, Happy-chat with someone, Inspired-talk about dreams with someone, Focused-read something, Playful-tell a joke, Energized-hip bump someone, Sad-water flowers with your tears
8 unique items in the museum:  Serums

Heir 2:  Chantons Took

1 unique career:  Entertainer (Comedy) (10/10)
2 unique aspirations:  Musical Genius (4/4), Joke Star (4/4)
3 non-unique skills:  Violin (10), Piano (10), Comedy (10)
4 unique rewards:  Hardly Hungry, Night Owl, Confident Potion, Professional Slacker
5 different gold medal parties/dates:  Birthday Party (Izumi), House Party, Spooky Party, Date (w/Robyn), Wedding Party
6 good friends (with 1 unique BFF/best friend):  Nyla Gupta (unique BFF), Rachel Cowan, Laurie Fyres, Keisha Ojo, Kaila Feng, Masami Yamamoto
7 different emotionally influenced whims:  Sad-Call someone on the phone, Happy-Compliment someone, Flirty-Flirt with someone, Playful-Tell a joke, Inspired-Propose crazy scheme to someone, Focused-Practice programming, Confident-Practice speaking in the mirror
8 unique items in the museum:  Comedy Books

Heir 3:  Wade Took

1 unique career:  Politics-Politician Branch (10/10)
2 unique aspirations:  Serial Romantic (4/4), Friend of the World (4/4)
3 non-unique skills:  Charisma 10, Video Gaming 10, Athletics 10
4 unique rewards:  Incredibly friendly, Beguiling, Great Storyteller, Energized Potion
5 different gold medal parties/dates:  Date (Cierra Caliente), House Party, Dinner Party, Weenie Roast, Wedding Party
6 good friends (with 1 unique BFF/best friend):  Cierra Caliente (unique BFF), Kelsi Pancakes, Angelica Fyres, Kassidy Fyres, Jayden Gupta, Lilianna Langraab, Miriam Foy, Kiana Cowan
7 different emotionally influenced whims:  Inspired-talk about dreams to someone, Playful-send a playful text, Energized-travel to the gym, Happy-chat with someone, Confident-Make a friend, Focused-read something, Flirty-send someone a flirty text
8 unique items in the museum:  Gems

Heir 4:  Milo Took

1 unique career:  Tech Guru (10/10)
2 unique aspirations:  Nerd Brain (4/4), Computer Whiz (4/4)
3 non-unique skills:  Programming 10, Video Gaming 10, Logic 10
4 unique rewards:  Entrepreneurial, Antiseptic, Flirty Potion, Hardly Hungry
5 different gold medal parties/dates:  House Party, Wedding Party, Dinner Party, Spooky Party, Date (with Maya)
6 good friends (with 1 unique BFF/best friend):  Anabelle Yamamoto, Cierra Kim-Lewis, Joanna Kim-Lewis, Nobuya Okada, Jeanette Caliente, Chelsie Maldonato (unique BFF)
7 different emotionally influenced whims:  Confident-Meet Someone New, Playful-Travel to the Park, Inspired-Propose Crazy Scheme, Focused-Play Chess at the Library, Sad-Cry It Out, Flirty-Woohoo with Someone, Energized-Send Energized Text
8 unique items in the museum:  Kid's Drawings

Heir 5:  Blurange Took

1 unique career:  Criminal-Boss (10/10)
2 unique aspirations:  Public Enemy (4/4), Chief of Mischief (4/4)
3 non-unique skills:  Mischief 10, Charisma 10, Logic 10
4 unique rewards:  Speed Reader, Moodlet Solver, Always Welcome, Never Weary
5 different gold medal parties/dates:  Gold medal date (w/Ericka), Wedding Party, Spooky Party, House Party, Weenie Roast
6 good friends (with 1 unique BFF/best friend):  Jena Lynx (unique BFF), Tianna Rosa, Kaci Spencer-Kim, Naomi Spencer-Kim, Keisha Spencer-Kim, Daisy Goth, Harmony Blum
7 different emotionally influenced whims:  Happy-Send a happy text, Playful-Be mischievous, Flirty-Send a flirty text, Confident-Practice pick-up lines in the mirror, Energized-Go for a jog, Tense-Take a bath with soaks, Focused-Research on the computer
8 unique items in the museum:  Potions

Heir 6:  Tessandra Took

1 unique career:  Painter 10
2 unique aspirations:  Painter Extraordinary (4/4), Fabulously Wealthy (4/4)
3 non-unique skills:  Logic 10, Piano 10, Painting 10
4 unique rewards:  Marketable, Creative Visionary, Savant, Inspired Potion
5 different gold medal parties/dates:  House Party, Spooky Party, Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Date (with Ishaan and his moustache)
6 good friends (with 1 unique BFF/best friend):  Aubrie Holliday (unique BFF), Grim Reaper, Tiffani Yamamoto, Anika Basu, Arun Banuelos, Diamond Nobles, Chadwick Nobles
7 different emotionally influenced whims:  Inspired-Play an Instrument, Energized-Enthuse about Interests with Someone, Happy-Chat with Someone, Playful-Make Silly Faces in the Mirror, Confident-Meet Someone New, Flirty-Send a Flirty Text, Sad-Cry It Out
8 unique items in the museum:  Paintings (of gnomes)

Heir 7:  Erina Took

1 unique career:  Journalist-Writer (10/10)
2 unique aspirations:  Bestselling Author (4/4), Mansion Baron (4/4)
3 non-unique skills:  Writing (10/10), Video Games (10/10), Handiness (10/10)
4 unique rewards:  Carefree, Insta-lean, Insta-large, Needs No One
5 different gold medal parties/dates:  Spooky Party, Dinner Party, Weenie Roast, House Party, Birthday Party
6 good friends (with 1 unique BFF/best friend):  Krista Knox, Kori Knox, Jacqueline Mahajan, Alondra Mahajan, Mallory Mahajan, Izumi Hasegawa (Unique BFF)
7 different emotionally influenced whims:  Sad-Cry It Out, Energized-Send Energized Text, Happy-Send a Happy Text, Romance-Watch Romantic TV Show, Inspired-Finish Writing a Book, Focused-Finish Reading a Book, Playful-Make Silly Faces in the Mirror
8 unique items in the museum:  Novels

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, Off to a Good Start
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »
After a particularly nasty incident involving a bulldozer, 3 gnomes, a rainbow llamacorn, and a half ton of pixels, one lone man emerged on a now-vacant lot in Willow Creek.
Gaivan:  Umm...is this really...am I supposed to live...this is...my house?

Pippin:  Or you could have just introduced yourself, Mr. Sassy!  This is Gaivan Took, the founder of the Took Immortal Dynasty!
Gaivan:  Seriously, it's...that is, the lot has...Pippin look at this lot.

Gaivan:  Nothing strikes you...nothing seems quite...isn't something wrong with this?
Pippin:  Hmm, you know, you're right.  The mailbox is in the wrong place!
Gaivan:  No, it's not...the mailbox isn't...there's no house.  Not that I'm complaining, but...it's just...where will I live?
Pippin:  Oh, that's the problem?  Puh-lease!  Just go out and find a few helpers and I'll get this all squared away.
Gaivan:  Seriously?  I'm enticing people...it's the prospect of coming...my empty lot...a dynasty that...my family name instead...not theirs?
Pippin:  Wow, someone's been working on their sales pitch!  Go get 'em, tiger!  To the park!!!
Gaivan:  (sigh)  Guess I can at least grill some fruit while I'm here.

Pippin:  Excellent.  A head start on the cooking while we wait for the slave labor helpers to arrive.
Gaivan:  You know, it's...it just seems...it's like it kind of sounds like we're...ambushing and abducting people...
Pippin:  There he is!!  Get him!  Get him!!!

Gaivan:  Hello, sir...you're...I...I'm Gaivan!
Jeremy:  Hello, young fella.  Are you a dynasty founder, perchance?
Gaivan:  Ummm...yes...how did you know?
Jeremy:  I'm an elderly gardener.  Dynasty founders tend to see us as having bullseyes painted on our chests.
Pippin:  See?  He's totally on board with this!
Gaivan:  I'm...that's...it's just I...so sorry.

Gaivan:  I'll just...maybe if...the 80's hair band guy behind you...maybe he...wants to be a dynasty helper.
Jeremy:  No need.  You seem like a nice young fella, and I'll be happy to help out.  Good call on the hair band look, by the way!
Pippin:  Tell him the other thing!
Gaivan:  Oh...uh...my Watcher says...he says I should tell you that you might also...maybe...get to be a...pollinator...?
Jeremy:  Just planting more seeds, one might say.  I'm in!
Pippin:  To San Myshino!  (Or however you spell it)

Jeremy:  So, Miko, Jade, and Luna, have you met my good friend Gaivan?
Miko:  He's a cutey!
Jade:  So are you, Jeremy.
Jeremy:  Aww, you flatter me.
Pippin:  Gaivan!  Get out of there!  I see our next target!!
Gaivan:  (sigh) Excuse me...sorry I just...ladies.

Gaivan:  Hi...you could maybe....I'm Gaivan, and Pippin...that's my Watcher...thinks you'd...if you want...a great helper for my dynasty.
Raj:  Pippin?  I was a helper for a dynasty of his before.  In fact, I'm pretty sure he moved me in to be the spouse of the heir.
Gaivan:  I...no!  We're not...I didn't mean you'd be...you and I aren't going to...I wasn't referring to...marriage...
Raj:  What?  OH!  No.  I didn't think you were suggesting we'd get married!  I'm assuming you just want my cooking skills?
Pippin:  Tell him the other thing!
Gaivan:  (sigh) Well, yes, but maybe...there's a chance you could...do you...(sigh) do you know what a pollinator is?
Raj:  Yes, a pollinator is...me?  I'm in!  Well, actually, I'll have to check with my mom.
Gaivan:  Wait...you have to...what now?
Raj:  Mama?  Would you like to move into a dynasty household and...

Geeta:  Whatever!  I'm not getting any younger, you know?  Gotta get this face all the screen time I can!
Pippin:  You know, Gaivan, she's actually a rather attractive older woman.  Surely Raj will have some decent genes to pass along.
Gaivan:  Okay, we've...it's now...the full crew.  I don't mean to be...if it's not too much....but may I...could have...a house now?
Pippin:  You got it!

Pippin:  The upstairs will be largely irrelevant until we add more generations.  Oh, and did you notice the upstairs shot is from before I built the garden area?
Jeremy:  Thanks for the garden area, by the way, but why did you name it the Jeremy Epstein Memorial Garden?  I'm not dead yet...
Pippin:  Never hurts to plan ahead! 
Jeremy:  Gee.  How thoughtful.
Pippin:  You're welcome!  And when they came back to the house from their gallivanting about town,

Pippin:  they brought guests!
Jade:  Wow, Jeremy, your house is amazing!
Gaivan:  What?  His...
Jeremy:  Thank you, Jade my dear.  Perhaps I could give you a tour?
Gaivan:  Ummm...
Miko:  So, do you want to give me a tour of the house, Gaivan?
Gaivan:  I...uh...
Geeta:  Don't you worry, cutie!  My Raj will give you a tour.
Miko:  Oh.  Thanks.  I guess.

Jeremy:  A beautiful rose for you, my dear, though it pales in comparison to your beauty.
Jade:  (blushes) Oh Jeremy!

Raj:  You, uh, you have hair.  It's nice.
Miko:  Oh.  Thanks.

Pippin:  No real interest in Miko or Jade, Gaivan?
Gaivan:  Some real interest in this grilled cheese!
Pippin:  ...thank goodness I got you some pollinators...and speaking of the pollinators,

Pippin:  Things went well for Jeremy.
Jeremy:  Things went so well!
Pippin:  And Raj...

Pippin:  well, Raj has that whole cooking thing going for him.
Raj:  Pretty sure she liked me.  She left early, but she said she had to go home to wash her hair.  That seems legitimate.
Pippin:  Sure, big guy.  And Jeremy gets the garden going while Geeta defies the odds and catches an angelfish in the morning of day two.

Geeta:  Gotta help out my boyfriend!
Pippin:  Boyfriend?
Geeta:  You know, the scrawny purple-haired fellow.
Pippin:  Gaivan?
Geeta:  That's the one!  He's just crazy about me.  Asked me to come here and live with him and gave me this special task of fishing...
Pippin:  She's crazy.  We all know this, right?
Geeta:  I can hear you.
Pippin:  I...nothing.

Gaivan:  Good morning...Jade...so...you and Jeremy...you guys are...
Jade:  Oh, Gaivan!  He's so wonderful!  Most guys just see me as a conquest, but Jeremy really makes me feel special and loved!  I was afraid he'd just be some sort of pollinator or something, but he really does care!
Gaivan:  Some sort of...I...ummm...that is...would you...I could make...drink?
Jade:  Oh, you must feel awkward because you haven't found anyone yet.
Gaivan:  Oh...I ummm...that's not...
Jade:  It's okay, Gaivan.  You're a sweet guy.  You'll find someone special.  What about Miko?  I think she's really into you.
Gaivan:  I...that is...I really wasn't thinking that...she isn't...what I mean is...
Pippin:  Just make her a drink, Gaivan.  Words do not seem to be your strong suit.

Geeta:  And that's why the scrawny purple-haired fellow and I are going to be so happy together forever!
Random Fishing Lady:  Please stop talking.

So, a mere two days into the challenge, Jeremy has clippings from an apple tree, strawberry bush, and a lily.  He also tried for baby with Jade, but only the one time as he was immediately uncomfortable and I feared for his life.  Geeta retired (so she gets those big retirement checks) and has taken up full-time fishing and has already caught an angelfish.  Gaivan has started his career in the culinary arts and his cooking skill is at 3 and his mixology is at 2.  Raj already had level 10 cooking and has now hit level 8 of gourmet cooking.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Off to a Good Start
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:19:20 PM »
Your new founder, Gaivan Took (is that like "give and take" but past tense?), may be perpetually tongue-tied but no matter!
His color theme is lavender (my favorite color) and his household members all seem very proactive!

Great call on the Rasoyas! What luck fishing up your first angelfish already! Raj will soon just be waiting on the Potions of Youth to roll in!
Is Raj a cook? Does it mean he gives you access to the Chef career rewards in Buy/Build mode?

I was so sure that Jade and Miko were spousal prospects, so their going off with Jeremy and Raj was a shock. Lol!

Whoa, where did that house come from? It's already huge--can't wait to see it come into its own.
Haha, how hilarious that Jeremy has the red double bed while the Rasoyas are squished into a tiny bedroom with two cheap single beds. Alas, the life of the dynasty slave!!!

Fantastic start, Pippin! Can't wait to read more! Mooaaarrr soon, please!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »
Looking forward to more. But with that nose...it's a pity I can't send my Nadia into your game, and besides she's married. But there's always Tabitha -- still, I expect you're going for the Hall of Fame so it wouldn't be legal. I never would have picked Raj and his mom as helpers, but that's what makes this entertaining. Good luck!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 09:38:42 PM »
Your new founder, Gaivan Took (is that like "give and take" but past tense?), may be perpetually tongue-tied but no matter!
His color theme is lavender (my favorite color) and his household members all seem very proactive!

Great call on the Rasoyas! What luck fishing up your first angelfish already! Raj will soon just be waiting on the Potions of Youth to roll in!
Is Raj a cook? Does it mean he gives you access to the Chef career rewards in Buy/Build mode?

I was so sure that Jade and Miko were spousal prospects, so their going off with Jeremy and Raj was a shock. Lol!

Whoa, where did that house come from? It's already huge--can't wait to see it come into its own.
Haha, how hilarious that Jeremy has the red double bed while the Rasoyas are squished into a tiny bedroom with two cheap single beds. Alas, the life of the dynasty slave!!!

Fantastic start, Pippin! Can't wait to read more! Mooaaarrr soon, please!
Gave and took!!  You totally got the bad pun!!!
Yes, Raj is a cook and an excellent helper in that regard.  His unflirty trait makes him a terrible pollinator.
I love their house.  I'm usually unsatisfied with houses I build for dynasties, but I'm really enjoying this one (until I move further along and realize I should have done something differently).  Thank goodness I got the 20K from Jeremy moving in and the massive income from having the Rasoyas sell all their furniture.  The double bed is for whichever pollinator needs it.  So far, that's Jeremy.

Looking forward to more. But with that nose...it's a pity I can't send my Nadia into your game, and besides she's married. But there's always Tabitha -- still, I expect you're going for the Hall of Fame so it wouldn't be legal. I never would have picked Raj and his mom as helpers, but that's what makes this entertaining. Good luck!
Oh heavens, I'd marry him off to Tabitha in a heartbeat!  Of course, I'm shooting for the HoF, so that won't work.  Too bad.
I hadn't been thinking of the Rasoyas until I happened to notice Raj had already maxed cooking and was at level 7 of gourmet cooking.  He's almost an instant ambrosia machine...once he has ingredients...

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, The Spousal Conundrum
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
Pippin:  As our time was reaching its close in the last update, the welcome wagon came to greet our household.

Jeremy:  Alice, I must say, you are absolutely breath-taking, my dear!
Alice:  Oh, thank you, Jeremy!  My husband never seems to notice me anymore.  He's such a mama's boy he just stands around chatting with her or running errands with her.
Jeremy:  You poor dear!  Maybe sometime, when he's left you alone, I could take you out?  Purely to help relieve your boredom, of course.
Alice:  Oh, that would be lovely!
Pippin:  He's so good at his job!  Raj, take notes.

Geeta:  So, hot stuff, what say you mix us up a couple of drinks and we get crazy?
Gaivan:  Oh, I...actually you're...it's not that I don't...shouldn't you be fishing?
Pippin:  Yes, dear Geeta, sadly we must tend to the dynasty needs and your handsome boy toy must keep working on his skills.
Gaivan:  Boy toy?
Geeta:  Aww, no fun.  Okay then.  We'll just take a rain check, handsome!
Gaivan:  I...that is...
Pippin:  Well, there's always the off chance she doesn't live long enough to cash that check...
Gaivan:  Morbid.
Pippin:  Meantime, Raj and Miko are becoming great friends.
Miko:  You're just swell, Raj!  Could you put in a good word with Gaivan for me?
Raj:  (sigh)

Raj:  Maybe you'd rather just have a good word...put in...with me...babe?
Miko:  Was that...oh my goodness!  Are you trying to flirt with me?  (Tries to stifle laughter) Oh, Raj, I just don't think of you that way.
Miko:  Oh, I know, when Gaivan gets home, I'll let him see me taking the trash out so he'll see what a great and caring spouse I'd make!

Miko:  Oh, hi, Gaivan, I was just taking the trash out.
Gaivan:  Oh...I...that's nice...work...tired...must bed...sleep...promotion got...yay...sleepy...
Miko:  Aww, poor baby.
Pippin:  But after the "poor baby" got a good night's sleep, he enjoyed his day off by taking the household and some guests out on the town.

Jeremy:  Oh, Jade, I can't believe we're having a baby!
Jade:  I know!  And can you believe there were people who thought you might be a pollinator?
Jeremy:  Hey, let's commemorate this moment with a selfie!
Jade:  Okay!!

Pippin:  Smooth!  Now let's clear the bar so Gaivan can work on his skilling...

Geeta:  Hey, handsome, why don't you come chat with Geeta?  By the way, weren't you in an 80's hairband?
Channing:  Yeah, I get that a lot...

Jeremy:  ...so then I just avoided her comment by taking a selfie.
Gaivan:  Smooth!
Jeremy:  Anyway, looks like Raj is doing okay.
Gaivan:  He bought her a drink.
Jeremy:  Nice!
Gaivan:  It was water.
Jeremy:  ...oh...
Pippin:  And then they hit the dance club!

Gaivan:  Oh...I...thethen I you...hairarehave...niceit's...those aren't words...
Candy: Teehee, are you trying to compliment me?
Gaivan:  I...that's it...yes...the that...
Candy:  Aww, it's so sweet how hard you're trying.  Let's go dance.
Pippin:  Umm, Jeremy, did you just swap out partners?
Jeremy:  I'm so glad you could join us, Alice!

Pippin:  Busted!
Jade:  Jeremy, are you going out with Alice behind my back?
Jeremy:  Going out with Alice?  She's a married woman, Jade!
Jade:  Well, why are you taking her to the club?
Jeremy:  Dear, sweet Jade, you know I have a responsibility to this dynasty and must ensure that we have friends to invite to parties.  Five gold medal level parties is no easy feat!
Jade:  Oh, Jeremy, how could I ever have doubted you?

Gaivan:  I...you...I think...that is...you're really...
Candy:  Just say what's on your mind, Gaivan.  There's no reason to be nervous.
Gaivan:  You're pretty!  I'm sorry.  That was...I shouldn't have....
Candy:  Aww, thank you, Gaivan.  You're rather handsome yourself.
Gaivan:  I'm very...you think...I...
Candy:  Let's dance!
Gaivan:  Okay.
Pippin:  But that's not the only woman young Gaivan met.

Pippin:  This is yet another Izumi.  She's a redhaired vampire mixologist.  What an excellent spouse option she might be for some future heir.

Pippin:  Oh, and the most awkward seflie ever happened...
Raj:  This is gonna be awesome!!
Alice:  All I'm really getting is Miko's shoulder

Gaivan:  ...and I don't...'cause when she...with her eyes and stuff...
Jeremy:  Just try relaxing.  Maybe just do more listening?  Try smiling and nodding, perhaps?  You invited her to your dinner party, right?
Gaivan:  I...that is...yes...
Jeremy:  Excellent.  Let the food do the talking.
Gaivan:  Food.  I can do that.

Pippin:  Grilled cheese sammiches and cake.  Now that's a feast!
Gaivan:  Yes!

Miko:  You're such a good friend, Raj.
Raj:  Maybe we could be more than friends?
Miko:  Like best friends?  Yeah, I think that's a possibility.

Pippin:  Oh good heavens!  I just noticed our mailman.
Rieko:  Mailperson, thank you.
Pippin:  Yeah, she's a person alright!
Jeremy:  Umm, Pippin, we're having a party over here...
Pippin:  ...what?  Oh, right.  Well, gold medal status was accomplished fulfilling an aspiration requirement for Gaivan as well as completing a dynasty requirement!  Now, since we've got the girls here anyway...

Raj:  So, Miko, maybe we could be something a bit more...romantic?
Miko:  Ummm, no.
Pippin:  But Jeremy was having better luck.

Alice:  Oh, Jeremy, you make me feel so special and loved.
Jeremy:  And you, dear Alice, are truly a woman to be cherished.
Pippin:  He's so smooth!!  Seriously, Raj, get a notepad, man!

Pippin:  And we invited Candy over as well as Rieko, the mailperson.
Rieko:  So...any chance I could get a makeover?
Pippin:  Gaivan, could you help her out with that?
Gaivan:  Oh...I could...that is...yes.

Gaivan:  Oh...you're so...that is...I mean...wow...
Rieko:  Oh, Gaivan, all those sentences you were starting were so flattering.  Let's see if you can get around to finishing one sometime.
Gaivan:  I...haha...yeah...Oh, Candy...Rieko's really...do you...what do you...

Candy:  Yes.  I see.

Geeta:  I think the scrawny purple-haired guy and I will hang this painting of you in our bedroom.  Above our bed.  Where we sleep together.
Raj:  MOM!!
Pippin:  Yeah; with Geeta, Miko, Rieko, and Candy; Gaivan seems to have worked his way into some problems with the ladies.
Jeremy:  Problem?  What problem?
Raj:  I wish I had those problems.
Pippin:  And speaking of problems, we've not been able to find a grown cherry tree yet nor fish up a pomegranate, so we've been visiting the Landgraabs in hopes of this cherry tree growing more.
Jeremy:  Well, it's kind of boring just standing around waiting for a tree to grow...

Jeremy:  Well hello, Mrs. Landgraab.
Nancy:  Oh please, call me Nancy.  Mrs. Landgraab makes me sound so old...and unavailable...
Pippin:  And speaking of available, Gaivan is totally still available.

Candy:  (thinking) I saw him first.
Rieko:  (thinking) I wonder if he stammers like that with everyone or if it's just me?
Gaivan:  Ummm...you're both...it's so nice that...
Candy:  Yes, Gaivan, I love when you and I spend time together,  You know, the two of us.
Rieko:  Oh, Gaivan, it's so funny how you never seem to get through a sentence.

At the end of our first week, Raj has maxed cooking and gourmet cooking, so he can make ambrosia as soon as we have the ingredients.  Geeta has caught 3 angelfish who are in bowls and going downhill somewhat less slowly that way.  Jeremy has spliced a lily and snapdragon to get his orchid and has an apple tree, but still no cherry cutting...and he's impregnated Alice and Jade.  Gaivan has already hit level 3 of the culinary career and hit gold medal status with his dinner party.  He's also at level 5 of cooking and just a tough away from level 4 of mixology.  Spouse-wise, he's confused.  I'd planned to have him marry Candy, but then Rieko appeared out of nowhere.  One will be the wife and one will be his unique best friend.  And yes, I'd move in Yuki if he marries Candy.  Feel free to share your opinions and logic (and/or potential shipping names) in the comments.  I'll be out of town for a week and a half, so you have plenty of time to convince me  ;=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, The Spousal Conundrum
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 10:05:59 PM »
Wow, Jeremy is really charming the ladies! Poor Raj--he's not only unskilled at seduction but also needs to learn the art of taking good notes!

Let's see....Candy or Rieko, and maybe Miko?

So you're not going to pull one of your signature Pippin moves and have your founder spend time with all the prospects then pick the one that the founder is most friendly?

My vote would be for Rieko unless her traits present a deal-breaker. Rieko's a not-in-the-world sim and could even be culled.
Candy/Yuki and Miko, on the other hand, are housed sims who could be pollinated.
Heh, I'm partial to random townies, though, so I lean towards Rieko.
Even though Gaivan and Miko practically have the same hairdo.
What I like about Candy, though, is that she's so supportive of Gaivan's shyness. And Yuki could be a great helper.

Decisions, decisions. I can see why you're having difficulty deciding. I'd like cast my vote for Rieko, but I need to know her traits first.  ;D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 10:39:07 PM »
Wow, Jeremy is really charming the ladies! Poor Raj--he's not only unskilled at seduction but also needs to learn the art of taking good notes!

Let's see....Candy or Rieko, and maybe Miko?

So you're not going to pull one of your signature Pippin moves and have your founder spend time with all the prospects then pick the one that the founder is most friendly?

My vote would be for Rieko unless her traits present a deal-breaker. Rieko's a not-in-the-world sim and could even be culled.
Candy/Yuki and Miko, on the other hand, are housed sims who could be pollinated.
Heh, I'm partial to random townies, though, so I lean towards Rieko.
Even though Gaivan and Miko practically have the same hairdo.
What I like about Candy, though, is that she's so supportive of Gaivan's shyness. And Yuki could be a great helper.

Decisions, decisions. I can see why you're having difficulty deciding. I'd like cast my vote for Rieko, but I need to know her traits first.  ;D

Ask and ye shall receive!!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, The Spousal Conundrum, Part Two
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 10:39:30 PM »
Pippin:  In the interest of making the choice easier on you, the readers/voters/fan club presidents, I'm going to give you a chance to get to know the girls a little more including their traits.

Candy:  Well, let's face it most of you already know me from your own games and from countless other stories.

Candy:  Trait-wise, I'm a cheerful and outgoing music lover.  Let's face it, I'll be fun to have around.  I'd also bring along my kid sister, so there's another helper.  Of course, many people choose her as a dynasty spouse because of her awesome hair, but I'd love to have my chance to shine.

Candy:  That other girl came along and has really irritated me by getting in between Gaivan and I.  I mean, I'm the one he was fumbling all over himself trying to talk to.  And let's face it, my confident personality compliments his awkwardness.  I complete him.  Gaivan is so sweet with his inability to speak.  I think I could help him find his confidence...or maybe even be the confidence for him. 

Candy:  So, to sum it up, a vote for Candy would be super-dandy!

Rieko:  Okay, none of you know me, since I'm randomly generated.

Rieko:  Realistically, doesn't that make me unique and special?  And isn't that just what Gaivan is?  I mean, look at that adorable nose!  He's definitely unique.  Like me! 

Rieko:  Traits.  Well, I'm a creative music-lover. That's redeeming, right?  I, well, I don't really care for flirting that much.  I know, lots of people see unflirty as a negative trait, but let's face it, outgoing Candy runs the risk of flirting with others.  I will most certainly do no such thing.  Also, Gaivan flirted with me, and I didn't really mind so much.  Gosh, I hope I'm not making him feel awkward by being around.  I mean, he always stumbles over his words around me...though I do find it adorable.

Rieko:  So, now you know me a little more.  I'd be a dynasty helper and spouse extraordinaire.  Yep, Gaivan has fallen for me, hook, line, and sinker!

Forcibly edited by Miko
Miko:  Okay, you all know I've been here for Gaivan the whole time.

Miko:  These other girls just tried to pop in and win over my man.  I mean, just look at us!  We were made to be together!  I also have the best traits for a dynasty spouse.  I'm neat.  That is a winner in and of itself.  I mean, you saw me take the trash out.  I'm also a geek.  Computer and game stuff?  I'm thinking yes!  And the clincher:  I'm good.  I help make everything better everywhere I go.  I am a rainbow!

Miko:  Like I don't know Raj is trying to "pollinate" with me?  Puh-lease!  I'm saving myself for my one and only.  I mean, obviously some others, not that I'm mentioning names (but it's Jade and Alice), are totally that type.  Not this girl!  Let Candy and Rieko be pollinated.  This purple-haired girl wants her purple-haired prince!

Miko:  Gaivan is my one wish.  Miko out!
Pippin regains control of the update

Pippin:  So, Rieko and Candy are, indeed, both excellent choices.  Whichever one doesn't get picked will still stay relevant as the unique best friend for Gaivan.  Feel free to voice your thoughts and opinions on which of the girls you'd like to see Gaivan end up with.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 11:33:13 PM »
What a great start to your Dynasty! How incredibly lucky to have such a great choice of random generated townies, mine all look the same. Your house is gorgeous and I do love the personality you have created for Galvan. I am going to have to agree with Oshizu.. I'm voting for Reiko!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »
Thank you for introducing the spousal prospects, Pippin!

As much as I love Miko's Neat trait, I still think that Rieko's the best option. Rieko's a Creative sim; Creative sims are so useful!

With Flirty-mood-inducing objects, an unflirty sim is just as susceptible to romance. Also, I love how Rieko contrasts herself with Candy and paints the Unflirty trait as a positive.

Team Rieko!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 08:43:30 AM »
I'll go with Rieko, too. Creative Sims gain fun from painting, so that's a plus. With the unflirty trait, though, she's going to have negative reactions to Jeremy's pollinating if he does any flirty stuff in front of her.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 09:07:39 AM »
Team Rievan all the way!!! Or should that be Riegai? Hmm... WIP, although that last one makes me think of Reggae, which is pretty cool, so yeah :-) I suppose we could use Gaiko, but, without Googling, I'm not sure whether we would be swearing someone in another language O_O Plus, it kinda sounds like one of the DBZ characters (I think I've watched it once, so maybe?). And I'm totally with Oshizu in the thought that you need to protect the Homeless from the Culling Disease!

ETA (Thank you Google): Gaiko is Japanese for Diplomacy... Gaiv is going to need all the diplomacy he can get, to extricate himself from this love quadrangle he finds himself in (Poor Miko has no hope so let's throw her a bone lol)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »
*awkwardly slips in*
Um, hi. So I know I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I've been reading. Everything. I'm so sorry that you had to start over again, but this is just as good as your previous challenge, if not better! I vote Reiko. It's boring to see the same spouses in every story.

(Maybe you could pm me a picture of the hopefully Izumiclone baby grown up? If you still have that file?)
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...