Author Topic: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story  (Read 122909 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2019, 12:28:21 AM »
OK, Thanks for that info!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »

Chapter 122-- Enduring Darkness and Gloom

And with the arrival of the Frios, one of the most known celebrity families in all of Sim Land, the paparazzi can't be far behind.

Here's one now. With that pale grey skin tone he looks like he could be related to Jimmy Hemlock.

But he's not a vampire, just another unfortunate resident of the dreary skies here in town.

But his hairstyle and ears do give an indication that he might not be wholly human. Elf blood perhaps?

Or is it just the trick of the gloomy light?
Screenshot-21.jpg

As the paparazzi descend on the Frio home, Miriam heads off to her first day of her career here in MH.

She has three jobs to pick from and chooses one for a wealthy couple, Fausto and Marina Vasquez, who want an Entertainment room.

Why she's carrying a sunbrella against the slight beam of sunlight fighting it's way through the overcast skies is a mystery.
Screenshot-89.jpg

Her first job is a success as Fausto loves that she used an original whimsical sketch!
Screenshot-92.jpg

And Marina is already enjoying a drink from the bar.

Though it looks like Fausto may be interested in our pretty young architect more than her designs!

With the job complete, and Marina giving her the evil eye, Miriam heads out before Fausto says or does something inappropriate.
Screenshot-96.jpg

Ian and Dean check out the local gym getting some Athletic training in for Dean.

While they're focused on training, I check out some of the other residents hanging out at the gym.
Screenshot-106.jpg

Here's Lucien Hyde, with some unique looking make-up and black hair with blue highlights.

I'm not sure if he has the pale gray skin normal to MH or if it's face paint.

I wonder who SP will pair him up with and if he'll pass on that unique hair?
Screenshot-102.jpg

And Morgan Yates, who's also a victim of the sunless skies here in town.

Rumor has it he still lives with his mother but she's not been seen for years.

Sounds like a story in the making for our budding journalist!
Screenshot-103.jpg

And Odessa Winchester can't be missed with her pale skin and flaming red hair!

Another original resident that I hope pairs up and passes along her genetics to her children.
Screenshot-109.jpg

And her brother Cedrick sports the same long red locks along with a dashing white top hat and suit.

If he doesn't starve, he could be the father of unique children as well.
Screenshot-110.jpg

Back at the house, I find a furious Torre, he's so upset red hot smoke is coming out of his ears!

Dee *alarmed* "What's wrong Torre?! Do you need to go St. James Simitarium?"

Torre *with a furious frown* "No! I just can't stand this darkness and gloom! We've only been here two days and it's already driving me mad!"

Dee *hopefully* "Any ideas on how to lighten up the skies? Enough so you can bear it."

Torre *his frown lessening just a bit* "Oh, that's a thought. Maybe we could lighten it just a touch, add a spot of sunshine now and then…"

I leave him alone to calm down and figure it out.
Screenshot-113.jpg

And Lucy and Everleigh are chatting about the final preparations for the wedding.

Lucy: "Is there anything else you'd like sweetheart? This is your day and your father and I want it to be perfect for you."

Everleigh *sadly* "I'd like a beautiful sunny day rather than the dark gloomy skies we've seen so far. But since that's not going to happen, let's just have an evening wedding with lots of torches for light."

Lucy *nodding* "Now that sounds like a great idea!"
Screenshot-111.jpg

And the next evening everything is set for Everleigh and Dean's wedding.

The bride's love of yellow is reflected in the carpets, the bows on the chairs, the cover on the cake table, and the bower of golden daffodils behind the wedding arch.
Screenshot-119.jpg

The family gathers around to witness the joining of Everleigh and Dean.

Lorelei smiles as she sees her mother's excitement at being the mother-of-the bride for the first time.

Samuel and Miriam cheering in their happiness at seeing the young couple so much in love.

And the lone paparazzi, a girl with striking blue hair and a peach complexion, who's obviously not been in town long. Or been a paparazzi for long either, as she's more focused on 5 star celebrity Lucy, than on the wedding she's supposed to be writing about.
Screenshot-127.jpg

And our soon-to-be-wed couple stands in the place of honor reciting their vows.

Dean: "Everleigh, I'm not a man of flowery words but I speak from my heart when I say that I love you above all others, and I promise you from this day forward to love, honor, and cherish you with all that I am, all that I will ever be, a man who's heart beats for you and you alone. In our life together we may face sorrows and difficulties but they will be surpassed by the joys we will share together as husband and wife, overcoming any obstacles in our path with the love that binds us together today and grows stronger for all of our tomorrows."

Everleigh *stunned by his words* "Dean, I had such dramatic words to speak on this special day. But your words make me realize that it's not just something for show, so I will speak from my heart. I love you more than I have loved anyone else in my life, including myself. The beat of my heart answers yours and I will work each and every day to live up to the honor of being your wife, bearing and loving any children we may be blessed with, and becoming the best woman I can be with you by my side, my friend, my heart, my love."
Screenshot-123.jpg

And as Dean kisses his beloved bride, they all clap and cheer for Mr. and Mrs. Dean Cole.
Screenshot-130.jpg

The heartfelt words of our newlyweds have an emotional effect on the whole family.

Mother of the bride, Lucy, smiles and claps, and immediately pops a wish for a grandchild!

Father of the bride, Torre, claps and smiles but not quite as happily as he realizes he's handed over his youngest daughter to her prince. She's no longer just his daughter but a wife who's just committed her life to another. He's happy and excited for her, of course, starting out on this journey of her own, but a part of him wants to turn back time and spend some more time with his precious baby girl. Then he realizes there could be another way to spend time with a baby girl, and he pops a wish for a grandchild too!

Miriam laughs joyously at the prospect of a party.

And brother Ian, unashamedly wipes away a tear.
Screenshot-136.jpg

And Torre gives his daughter a special gift.

Torre: "I was hoping to have this ready so you could have your sunny day wedding, but there just wasn't time."
Screenshot-150.jpg

As Everleigh opens her gift she realizes that it contains a slip of paper.

She reads the words, "Enjoy a small sliver of sunshine, my gift to the daughter that has brought so much sunshine into my life!"

And she squeals as she realizes her father has cast a lightening spell that will hopefully provide some much needed sunny days to their new town.

Torre: "Not so much that we think we're in an Island Paradise or even Sunset Valley, but hopefully enough so that we don't feel sun-deprived or have our skin turn gray!"

And everyone claps hoping the spell will work quickly and relieve them from the perpetual darkness and gloom of Midnight Hollow, especially the fairies.
Screenshot-143.jpg

With the wedding festivities over, Everleigh says her goodbyes to the ghosts.

Everleigh *throwing kisses* "Goodbye family ghosts! I am the new Mrs. Dean Cole and we begin our own journey tonight. I give you this chance to look upon my beauty and grace one last time!"

Dee: "You do realize you can still come over and visit, right?"

Everleigh *giving me a look* "Hush Watcher, you're ruining my exit!"
Screenshot-160.jpg

Then she changes into her every day clothes and happily heads out to the side porch and picks up Smokey.

Everleigh: "Ready to head to our own house? It'll just be the three of us now."

Smokey lets out a snuffle and yap that lets her know that as long as he's with her and Dean, it will be home.
Screenshot-81.jpg

And then our newly married Frio, flies across the lawn to begin her life in her small home down the block, with the two loves of her life, Dean and Smokey.
Screenshot-172.jpg

Her very small home, named Bizarre Dwelling, which is a 1 bed/1 bath starter home.

I did enlarge it a bit on the right side to include a 2nd bedroom, but I didn't want to disturb the integrity of this typical MH style home, especially the roof line, so it's still a bit cramped.

But we do notice a definite brightening of the skies and hope it's not just our imagination or a trick of the light.

We were hoping for something a bit more in keeping with Everleigh's Diva style, but with a little tweaking, this one will do for now.
Screenshot.jpg

Then small 2nd bedroom is just large enough for a crib and set of bunk beds,  decorated in a mint green and soft creamy yellow, to accommodate a boy or a girl.

Some yellow on the walls and floor in the kitchen/dining/living area are both in keeping with MH's Victorian gothic style as well as reflecting Everleigh's love of yellow.

And a dramatic dark yellow wallpaper to the master bedroom completes the look.

And of course, a dog bed and toys for Smokey.

The house is so small, Dean's exercise bench is out back under a tree!

Dee: "I know it's not much Everleigh, but I'll make you this promise. If you and Dean decide to have more than one child, I'll move you out to a larger home."

Everleigh *quickly* "That's a promise I won't let you forget Watcher. It's cute but I can barely turn around in here!"
Screenshot-183.jpg

And with the house missing two Sims and a puppy, Lorelei and Samuel take advantage of the open spaces.

Lorelei *bravely* "Are you ready for the next part of the adventure Mr. Marshall?"

Samuel *smiling* "Lead on Ms. Frio. Lead on!"
Screenshot-176.jpg

A bit later, I find Lorelei relaxing on the bed and dreamily thinking of Samuel.

Dee *inquiringly* "Care to share your thoughts or are they too private?"

Lorelei *smiling sweetly* "I was just thinking about the next stage of the adventure Watcher. And I think we'd better start planning the next wedding."

Dee: "So soon after Everleigh and Dean's? Why the rush?"

Lorelei *blushing just a bit* "I'm not sure if it was just the romance of a wedding or what, but I think I heard a lullaby just a few moments ago!"

And at her words, I find my lips curving as well with the thought of the next generation being right around the corner.
Screenshot-173.jpg

It's early in the first week of our time here in MH, but so much has happened already.

Miriam's had her first successful job here.

We've met a few of the locals in the town, some of which could add some quite unique genetics to the Frio family.

Everleigh and Dean have been our first newlyweds and have moved into their own small home with their puppy, Smokey.

Torre's experimented with a lightening spell as Everleigh's wedding present, for the sake of everyone, especially the fairies.

And Lorelei suspects she may be expecting the first potential heir of generation eight!

Is she right or is it just wishful thinking on her part?

And will Torre's lightening spell work or is that just wishful thinking too?

Find out in Chapter 123-- Will There Be Light?
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2019, 02:30:39 PM »
 Chapter 123-- Will There Be Light?

Miriam heads off to meet another client, Lucien Hyde, and they chat a bit about his style.

Lucien: "I'm misunderstood Ms. Pelly, quite misunderstood. People just don't recognize my artistic genius. Or my love for black."

Miriam *commiserating* "I do Mr. Hyde. It's the bane of the artistic soul to be misunderstood. I brood about it regularly. I myself like gray which is on the black spectrum, so I can feel your pain. I'd love to see your paintings as I could use those in your home instead of my own."

Lucien *startled* "Paintings? Oh, I've never painted a day in my life! You see I'm Unlucky and wouldn't dream of going anywhere near paint!"

Miriam *understanding a bit more why he's misunderstood* "What? You've never painted?! I see. Well, let's go inside and see which room you want to update."
Screenshot-193.jpg

And she spends the morning moving, decorating, and revitalizing his home.

When she's finished, they discuss the results.

Lucien: "Oh, you were able to give me the expensive TV I wanted. It takes up that whole wall.  It's amazing Ms. Pelly, truly a work of art!"

Miriam *honestly* "TV's are one of my favorite items Mr. Hyde. I spend a lot of time watching TV!"

Lucien: "Well, it shows Ms. Pelly, it certainly shows!"
Screenshot-194.jpg

Buoyed up by the bonus she got from Mr. Hyde, Miriam heads on to her next clients' home to work on giving him a pool and party area. A dream job for our Party Girl!

When she meets Conrad Finley she immediately recognizes him as a minor celebrity and one of Samuel's co-workers.

Conrad: "I'm thrilled you had time to take the job Ms. Pelly, Samuel speaks rather highly of you. As an artist myself I can handle most of my interior decorating needs, but I'm working on a special assignment right now and I just don't have time for such a big outdoor project."

Miriam: "It's safely in my hands Mr. Finley."

Conrad *interrupting her with a confident smile* "Conrad please. All my friends, especially beautiful women, call me Conrad."

Miriam *flattered but professional* "As I was saying, Mr. Finley. I live for parties and I know just what you need. My fiancé, Ian Frio, the martial artist, loves to swim and relax after a workout, so I'm sure I'll be able to give you exactly what you're looking for. For your renovation."

Conrad *eyes widening as her words sink in* "I understand completely, Ms. Pelly." *glancing quickly at his watch* "I'll be inside working but call me when it's finished!"
Screenshot-195.jpg

When the job is complete, a happy Conrad makes use of his new pool,  and our party girl can't resist his invitation to join him for a quick swim.

She has to make sure the water temperature is perfect, right?
Screenshot-197.jpg

But both of them are startled by a bright ray of sunshine hitting the pool.

Conrad *heading towards the house* "Wow, this is unusual, I'll have to see if I have any sunscreen around before I do any more swimming. My skin's too fair for such bright rays!"

Miriam *looking away to hide her smile and thinking* Looks like dad's spell worked.* ***
Screenshot-201.jpg

Come morning the sun dawns bright and clear over the Frio home and they all look out their windows with delight at the brightening of the skies!

The fairies especially bask in the early morning glow.
Screenshot-244.jpg

Miriam takes advantage of this early morning sun and does another sketch.

Miriam: "The natural light makes so much difference! I'm sure the fairies are really enjoying this!"
Screenshot-206.jpg

But it's not the fairies I see enjoying the early morning sunshine, but Jared and Rae.

Jared *meanly* "Awe Torre's spell seems to have brightened this town up a bit. I was quite enjoying everyone's grumbling!"

Rae *basking in the glow* "I'm happy it worked! I love grey, but not such dreary skies. A bit of sunshine now and again is good for the skin. Since I don't have skin, I'll just let it refresh my soul."
Screenshot-245.jpg

And when Miriam gets to her next clients' home, the sun is high over head, making her new clients squint at the unusual brightness.

Miriam *thinking* Wow, these two really need some sunshine. The girl is pale with bright spots of color in her cheeks but Mr. Synapse is as white as the family ghosts! *

But Miriam is even more surprised at the man's tone.

Roderick Synapse: *annoyed* "Sunshine?! Quickly we must go inside." *then commandingly* "Sarah, go to your room immediately and wait for Ms. Pelly there."
Screenshot-250.jpg

But things are even stranger when she goes inside.

Miriam *nervously thinking* Oh my, that looks like a fence with a lockable gate! A cage?! Something is very wrong here.*

She remains professional and provides the requested baby items for her client but when Mr. Synapse leaves her alone with Sarah, she quickly mouths: "Do you need help?"

Sarah looks at her with brave but sad eyes and nods just once, not daring to speak.
Screenshot-261.jpg

And as soon as Miriam gets home she discusses the bizarre situation with Ian.

Miriam *urgently* "We have to help her Ian! I don't know what's going on but I think she's being held against her will in that house!"

Ian *firmly* "This sounds way beyond us. We need professional help with a situation like this. I'll call Dean and we'll see what he can do."
Screenshot-239.jpg

Across town, Samuel's busy with his own career, as he chats with Joseph Doe.

Samuel: "So has anyone said anything about the brighter skies Joseph? The paper is interested in the town's reaction to the unusual phenomenon of sunshine!"

Joseph: "My new friends here are quite surprised by it, but I'm really enjoying it myself. I miss the sun. Back home, my friends and I used to hang out at the beach, and have pool parties and bonfires all summer long."

Samuel *seeing an opening* "Back home?"

Joseph: "In…" *then his eyes open wide at his almost slip* "It's… it's not important Mr. Marshall. And my parents really don't want me talking to you or any reporters. Please don't use my name it could cause a lot of trouble for my family."
Screenshot-214.jpg

Samuel *putting away his notebook* "I wouldn't do anything to cause trouble for you Joseph. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Joseph *nervously* "I...I don't think so Mr. Marshall. It's late. I need to get home."

Samuel *firmly* "If you ever need anything Joseph, even if it's just to talk, don't hesitate to call me!"

Joseph *nodding* "I'll…I'll keep that in mind Mr. Marshall. Thanks!"

And long after he's gone, Samuel wonders what exactly is going on at the Doe home.
Screenshot-209.jpg

Back at the Frio house, Torre's keeping fit doing warm ups.
Screenshot-213.jpg

Then he spends some time at the board breaker.
Screenshot-202.jpg

And Lorelei enjoys the summer evening floating in the pool.

With Fluffs! I never knew Imaginary Friends could swim.

She's not the same Fluffs from AP, but they've chatted and become friends here in MH.
Screenshot-227.jpg

Samuel and Miriam have both popped wishes for tattoos, so I place a salon and tattoo parlor in town.

It's one from the EA library of community lots but I recolored it and gave it some MH style.

Now we just have to wait for a tattoo artist to show up.
Screenshot-224.jpg

And I get back home in time to see this!

Dee *shouting* "Stop that! Just because you're both party animals don't even think of taking those hearts seriously!"

Jared *innocently* "Who? Me Watcher? I was just introducing myself to this beautiful young lady."

Dee *not believing him for a second* "That young lady is Ian's fiancé and you know that!"

Miriam *flattered despite it being a ghost calling her beautiful* "Why thank you Founder Jared. Maybe in another time or place we were sweethearts! They say you never forget them from past lives."

Dee *firmly* "Just remember that part then. PAST lives. Not now, not here, not ever!"
Screenshot-230.jpg

And after her swim,  Lorelei converses with other family ghosts.

It seems they heard the chimes too.

Claire *sharing motherly advice* "It's always special when you're with child. But remember who's the boss and keep them in line when they're young. Chores and responsibility help build character."

Rae *thinking of her own childhood* "Mother, you, dad, Uncle Connor and Aunt Agnes spoiled us terribly! We were never overworked or burdened by chores!"

Claire *smugly* "Because we raised you right."

Rae *pointedly* "Dad is mean-spirited and inappropriate and you were a Master Thief. The best. But even the best thieves can get caught. That's why we moved to Moonlight Falls. You needed to lay low for awhile. And I've swiped a few things in my day as well!"

Claire *getting upset* "That's neither here nor there. And I'm speaking to Lorelei. As a first time mother, she needs advice."

Lorelei *trying to diffuse the situation* "And I'm sure both of you have lots of great advice to share with me. But I'm not even sure yet and I haven't been sick at all, so I'm probably wrong."

But if they can agree on nothing else, Claire and Rae, agree on one thing, the next generation is on the way.
Screenshot-236.jpg

And when Lorelei's cleaning up after her snack, the ghosts are proven right!

She happily pats her tummy and says: "Watcher, can we find a gown to fit me? We need to step up the wedding ASAP!"
Screenshot-248.jpg

Lorelei finds the perfect wedding gown and opts to keep her upswept do with the orange bow.

She makes a beautiful bride!

Dee: "With the days having some sunshine now, I was hoping for a day time wedding."

Lorelei: "No time to waste Watcher. Besides day or night, sunshine or cloudy skies, Samuel and I belong together. Oh, I like that. I'll put that in my vows!"
Screenshot-293.jpg

The family gathers to witness the vows, along with the requisite paparazzi.

One who favors commando gear. This town certainly has it's share of unique personalities.
Screenshot-304.jpg

And then our happy couple share formal vows that have been spoken from time immemorial, along with words from their hearts.

Samuel: "I, Samuel Marshall, take thee, Lorelei Frio, and pledge my troth to thee. To take up your family name and share the joys and responsibilities of being the heir couple on this momentous journey. To love, honor, protect, and provide for thee, all the days of my life. To be your husband from this moment forward, forsaking all others, and making thee, the love of my life, my cherished wife."

Lorelei: "I, Lorelei Frio, take thee, Samuel Marshall, and pledge my troth to thee. To share my family name with thee, along with the joys and responsibilities of heirship on our continued journey. To love, honor, and respect thee, and bear this child of our union, and any others, if we are so blessed. To share all my days and nights with thee, whether of sunshine or grey skies, forsaking all others as long as we both shall live, taking thee, my one true love, as my husband."
Screenshot-307.jpg

The family all rejoice at the joining of the heir couple.

Torre with a sob and catch in his throat as his oldest daughter joins her life to her chosen mates.

Lucy with a confident, loving smile as her eldest child begins her married life.

Miriam with cheers as she envisions another party.

And Ian, once again emotional as he wrings his hands and holds back tears.
Screenshot-303.jpg

And as our newlyweds share a special moment together, Samuel confirms the words he heard Lorelei speak in her vows.

Samuel *gently* "Our child? You're sure?"

Lorelei *smiling* "Yes, I am carrying our child! Samuel this is the best day of my life! Marrying you, having this baby. My heart is filled with happiness."

Samuel *his love for her and their child shining through his eyes* "And just think, our journey is just beginning. We have a whole lifetime ahead of us filled with love, joy, and so much happiness. More than either of us dreamed of."
Screenshot-294.jpg

Miriam's found a trapped girl in the basement of a client's home.

Samuel's more concerned about what's going on with the Doe family than ever before.

But his concern has been overshadowed by the joy and happiness  of his marriage to Lorelei and the upcoming birth of the next generation potential heir.

Will MH bring any more unsettling surprises?

Or will things settle down into a more normal routine?

Is it possible for anything in Midnight Hollow to be normal?!

Join me in Chapter 124-- Sunny Days and Surprises
Coming soon.

***Author's note: Torre's 'lightening spell' is courtesy of MrsFlynn who shared her favored settings of Buhudain's V5.6  lighting mods, which were way too complex for me to figure out.***

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2019, 03:14:01 PM »
Chapter 124-- Sunny Days and Surprises

The sunny days continue and Samuel, with four days off after his marriage, gladly joins Torre for a swim in the pool.

Torre: "Sunshine and pool time after a great workout, nothing beats it. Watch out Samuel, heading down the slide!"

Samuel: "Thanks for the warning Mr. Frio. I'll be trying that out next."

Torre: "Call me dad, Samuel. You're officially a part of the Frio family, and a Mr. Frio yourself!"

Samuel *smiling* "My name's so new, I haven't gotten used to it yet. Speaking of names, where did yours come from? As a journalist, I've never come across the name Torre spelled like that."

Torre *with a laugh* "And you never will. It's actually a version of my father's last name, Torres. His father's name, my grandfather, was Matteo Torres. So I was named Torre, and my younger brother was named Matt. My grandmother's name was Karlie on dad's side, and JoAnna was my maternal grandmother. So my sister is…"

Samuel: "Lorelei's aunt, Karlie Jo! Wow, Mr.., um dad, that's so cool to keep using family names. But didn't Mrs. Frio, um, mom, want to use her family names?"

Torre *thoughtfully* "Lucy's last name was Broke as her parents never married, and her father was Jon Lessen. Having a girl first, we used a combination of my name and Lucy's. Lucy and Torre, Lorre, Lorelei! But we didn't want to use Broke or Les for a boy, so we went with a variant of Jon, the Scottish Ian, when he was born. So we did use a family name in a way. Everleigh was the name of a heroine in a book Lucy read when she was pregnant, and she liked it so much we used it when she was born." *wryly* "A word of advice son, don't try to change the mind of a pregnant woman, especially when it comes to naming her child!"

Samuel *gratefully* "I'll definitely keep that in mind dad. And I'll hide all the books with unacceptable names in them, just to make sure Lorelei doesn't get any crazy ideas!"

Torre *impressed* "You're a fast learner son. I wish I'd thought of that!"
Screenshot-4.jpg

Then Miriam and Samuel head to the tattoo parlor.

Since there's still no tattoo artist, Samuel tries giving himself a tattoo but that doesn't work well.
Screenshot-6.jpg

So Miriam tries her hand at giving him a tattoo.

While she works, she tells him all about Sarah and what she suspects.

Miriam * worried* "I hope Dean looks into it quickly. I'm really worried about her!"

Samuel *intrigued* "I hope she's safe too, but I never dreamed I'd find stories like this in Midnight Hollow. It's just one odd thing after another. But I won't write anything until we know how she is. I wouldn't want to compromise the situation or her safety. Don't worry, with Dean on the case, it'll turn out alright."

Miriam *gratefully* "Thanks Samuel." *looking at his arm* "I wish I could say the same for your tattoo! This is way harder than I thought it would be."

Samuel *laughing* That's okay. But no way I'm trying one on you. Ian would kill me if I messed up your beautiful skin! We'll come back when there's a real tattoo artist. I'll get this removed and we'll get special ones."

Miriam: "That's a deal Samuel. And yours is on me! It's the least I can do for the crayon drawing on your arm!"
Screenshot-8.jpg

Since she's already in town, Miriam decides to check out another  reno job and greets her newest client, Jack Limb.

Miriam: "Thank you for giving me this opportunity Mr. Limb. I'm looking forward to helping you with this project, a new bedroom set for you and your fiancé."

Jack: "The pleasure is all mine Ms. Pelly. It's thanks to you that my dear Sarah is safe! Officer Cole and his partner contacted me this morning. She's being checked out at St. James Simitarium and should be released later today. We can't thank you enough."

Miriam *relieved* "She's safe! Thank the Watchers! I'm so glad Ian took me seriously and called Dean. I hope that control freak Roderick Synapse is safely behind bars!"

Jack *shaking his head* "Sarah's been very brave through this whole ordeal but she doesn't really remember anything to accuse him of. She was supposed to be helping him with some experiments but she disappeared a few weeks ago, before you arrived. Synapse claims he found her shortly before he requested the reno and that she was just walking aimlessly about so he brought her to his home and was taking care of her."

Miriam: "I don't believe that! He was so controlling and spoke to her so harshly. I think he's a complete nut!"

Jack *knowingly* "It's worse than that Ms. Pelly. He's an insane evil genius who focuses on electrical experiments! But now that you've alerted the police, hopefully his evil plans have been ruined! But let's put that aside and get the bedroom ready for Sarah's homecoming."
Screenshot-267.jpg

When Miriam's finished, Jack happily looks over his new bedroom and compliments her on the end results.

Jack *nodding happily* "This is great! Sarah will love this rich burgundy color and your sketch reminds me of the wine-tasting events in France. I'm planning on taking Sarah there for our honeymoon."

Miriam *smiling* "That sounds lovely. I'm sure she'll enjoy it." *thinking* But not as much as the crib I snuck into the spare room! I think Sarah has a lot more to tell Jack!*
Screenshot-271.jpg

Back at the house, Torre's practicing with the board breaker as Ian heads for the workout bench.

Lorelei is soaking up the rays on the sunporch as she reads a baby book in the rocker.

Dee: "Learning anything helpful?"

Lorelei *with a laugh* "Nothing Founder Claire or Grandma Rae haven't already told me. With six children between them, 2 sets of twins for Claire, and a mix of boys and girls, they pretty much have everything covered. Claire and Jared's son, Heath, was born an Evil Slob, and got the Loser trait at his child birthday! He managed to overcome all that and marry his childhood sweetheart, and take over as head of her family when her father went missing. So I'm confident that this child will be just fine, whatever traits he or she gets."

Dee: "Are you and Samuel planning on finding out the sex of the baby?"

Lorelei: "No. We both want to be surprised. We're leaving the nursey walls basic white and once the baby has a preference for a color, we can renovate it then. It's not like little ones care about stuff like that. As long as they're fed, changed, and loved, they'll be happy!"

Dee *smiling* "It sounds like you've got it all figured out. How about Samuel? Has he done any reading yet?"

Lorelei: "As soon as I'm done with this book, I'm giving it to him to read. He's not had any chats with the ghosts, so he'll need to read about it. Hopefully the chapter on childbirth won't freak him out. It mentions everyone but the mother panicking, so we'll see how the newest Mr. Frio fares."
Screenshot-272.jpg

In town, we find Miriam taking measurements for another client, Olive Specter, a multiple-widowed but now single mother of toddler, Nervous Subject.

Miriam is curious about the toddler's name, but doesn't ask as it's been rumored that Ms. Specter is quite adamant about NOT sharing information about her past husbands or her child.

She quietly measures the space for the new furniture that's been requested as Olive plays a video game and the toddler excitedly grabs a book from the bookcase.
Screenshot-280.jpg

Olive gives Miriam kudos for a job well done as well as a bonus as she loves her new bed and bookcase, as only a bookworm can.

Miriam: "Thanks for the job Ms. Specter. Any time I can be of assistance, just give me a call."

Olive: "Well, with Nervous getting older, I'm renovating to sell, and find a bigger place. When I get settled into a new house, look me up as I may need your services again."

Miriam *flattered* "I will Ms. Specter! It's been a pleasure working with you."
Screenshot-286.jpg

When Samuel gets home from town, he finds Lorelei watching TV in the living room and cant' resist feeling her growing tummy.

Samuel *jumping back as he feels the baby kick* "Wow, that one was strong! Is that normal? Should we go to the hospital?"

Lorelei *amused* "I'm fine sweetheart and so is the baby. He or she is just very active and like you said, strong."

Samuel *relieved* Oh, then maybe the baby will be athletic like your dad and Ian."

Lorelei: "Dad and Ian are actually Disciplined, dad got his athletic trait as his social trait for reaching the top of the nerd group, which is really odd that it wasn't sports."

Samuel: "Either way, I hope he or she is brave like you."

Lorelei: "Or friendly like you."

Then at the same time they say: "Maybe both!"

And they laugh as all expectant parents do when they try to predict how their child will turn out.

Especially their first born.
Screenshot-13.jpg

Then Samuel can't resist talking to the baby.

Saying silly things in a gentle sing-song voice and letting his unborn child know he or she is loved.

With his attentiveness, Lorelei realizes it won't matter if he reads a baby book or not, he'll be a great dad!
Screenshot-15.jpg

Ian is diligently writing book after book in his favorite genre, sports.

He's an up-and-coming author now and is bringing in a nice income that's going towards a home of their own when he and Miriam move out.
Screenshot-18.jpg

But when Miriam wanders into the kitchen after work, he takes a break for a little romance.

They share a romantic hug.
Screenshot-20.jpg

Then a long flirty kiss!

After that, they head upstairs for some alone time in their bedroom.

Since they want to be alone, we'll stay down here!
Screenshot-25.jpg

And then our mother-to-be shows up for a midnight snack.

Lorelei: "I'm famished Watcher! I feel like I could eat a horse, but I'll settle for some watermelon cobbler."

Dee *laughing* "My downfall was M&M's, or anything chocolate really! Watermelon cobbler sounds a bit healthier than that."

Lorelei: "Probably not by much Watcher. It's amazing what you crave during this time. And I'm pretty tired too, so I think I'll head to bed right after I finish this."
Screenshot-28.jpg

So the Frio family gets all settled in for a quiet night.

But it doesn't stay quiet for long and I find out why as I'm drawn upstairs.

Lorelei's been woken up with her first labor pains!

And poor Fluffs stands by helplessly. Not panicking, but not knowing how to help her human friend.
Screenshot-31.jpg

But Fluffs moves aside as first Samuel and then Torre enter the room and throw up their hands in the typical panic reaction.

Lorelei *bravely* "I'm fine you two! This is normal. Just need to concentrate and breathe."
Screenshot-43.jpg

Lorelei and Samuel dress and decide to head for the hospital.

Samuel *nervously* 'I'll go get the cat, I mean car, sweetheart. Have dad help you downstairs."
Screenshot-48.jpg

But before Lorelei can head out of her bedroom, Miriam wakes up, rushes in, and panics too!

Lorelei *calmly* "I'm okay Mir, but Samuel went to get the car. Please tell him to never mind."

Miriam: "Never mind? Why?"
Screenshot-53.jpg

Lorelei *in a shower of sparkles* "Because this little one is not waiting for us to get to the hospital!"

And with a twirl, she holds her first born!

A Brave Neurotic little boy who has dark blue fairy sparkles dancing all around him!

Dee: "Have you and Samuel picked out a name yet?"

Lorelei: "Yes, we're going to follow family tradition and name him Marshall, so Samuel's family name becomes part of our family!"

Dee: "A wonderful idea."
Screenshot-58.jpg

But when I see this sweet smile on her face, I know something's up.

Our brave couch potato has no sense of humor so I know it's not a joke.

Lorelei *gesturing* "I think you'd better look outside Watcher!"
Screenshot-64.jpg

And somehow without a 2nd spin or sparkles, just like her forebear Sophie, Lorelei has had a 2nd child!

Several family members rush to pick up the squalling baby girl, but Miriam gets to her first and proudly holds her niece.

Dee *seeing Lucy's frown* "It's okay Lucy, as her grandma you'll get plenty of time to hold her and Marshall too. Besides Miriam needs the practice, if you want more grandchildren!"

Lucy *frowning even more* "I do want more, Watcher, at least five of them! But I won't be called 'grandmaw' or anything resembling it. I know I'll be getting gray hair soon, but I'll still be irresistible so I've chosen a name that's more fitting. The Torres family has Spanish roots so I've picked Lita and Torre's picked Tito!"

Miriam *a little grumpily*  "Those are cute names, but what's with the crack about me needing practice Watcher?"

Lucy and I say together: "No grumpy tone holding the baby!"

But with our admonishment to Miriam, the baby smiles and Lucy and I share a concerned look as we realize Lorelei and Samuel's daughter is Evil! Friendly, but Evil!
Screenshot-62.jpg

I hurriedly grab another crib out of our inventory, and pop it in place down in the nursery.

But the twins aren't ready for naps just yet.

They're both hungry!

Miriam stops in the living room and feeds her niece her first bottle.
Screenshot-66.jpg

Ian quickly picks up Marshall and feeds him a bottle while his sister recuperates from her labor.

Ian *sweetly* "There, there, little guy. You drink up. Uncle Ian's got you."

From the look on Ian's face, I know he's thrilled to be an Uncle and will make a great dad with a little practice.

And his words reflect my own thoughts.

Ian *smiling at the baby* "I've not been around little ones much yet, nephew, so you'll have to bear with me. But I want to get some practice in for my own nooboos!"
Screenshot-70.jpg

A bit later on, after babies and parents have rested up a bit, I find Lorelei rocking her son in the nursery.

Dee: "In all the hubbub I didn't get to congratulate you Lorelei. Well done! Twins, a boy and a girl! One a fairy, one human. You definitely deserve some couch potato time after that surprise!"

Lorelei *smiling as Marshall coos safely in her lap* "It sure was a surprise Watcher. Twins and one a fairy!" *contentedly* "But we're all fine and they're both beautiful little Frios!"

Dee: "That they are Lorelei. That they are."
Screenshot-84.jpg

And Samuel rocks his daughter out on the front porch.

A very solemn Samuel.

Dee: *encouragingly* "I know it's a bit daunting, twins for your first time as a father, but you'll do just fine Samuel. Oh, I almost forgot, what did you decide to name her?"

Samuel *still staring straight ahead* "We named her Kimberly, after my mom, Kim."

Dee *concerned* "You don't seen very happy about that."

Samuel *taking a deep breathe* "Oh, the name is fine Watcher. I'm more concerned with her traits! Lorelei says I shouldn't be, that traits are just that, traits, and that even negative ones can be lived with and overcome. But I never dreamed a sweet baby girl of ours would be E…E…Evil! Oh, I can barely say the word."

Dee *nodding in sympathy* "I was a bit shocked too Samuel. We haven't had an Evil child since Adam and Sophie's 3rd grandchild, Ronan. And before that it showed up for the first time with the Founder's only son, Heath! And Pollyanna's husband Salty was Evil too."

Samuel *startled* "So this isn't a new family trait?! One I brought in somehow?"

Dee *reassuringly* "Not at all Samuel. In Town Jump journey's like this one, random traits are one of the rules. And part of the journey is succeeding despite negative traits."

Samuel *sighing with relief* "That's a weight off my mind Watcher. I would have hated to be the cause of such a trait. But now I see where my responsibility lies. In teaching this little one to overcome the trait and not give in to Evil tendencies!"

Dee *nodding* "That's the spirit Samuel! Help her to learn and grow and live with the trait but not let it rule her life. Like Torre said, you're a fast learner. But I have a feeling with that little one, you may have your hands full!"

Samuel *shocked* "But you just said it would be okay!?"

Dee *smiling* "I meant because she's Friendly and looks so sweet, it won't be easy!"
Screenshot-85.jpg

The skies are still sunny and Jack Limb's fiancé, Sarah Holden, has been recued from the evil genius Roderick Synapse. But as Sarah can't remember much of her conjectured kidnapping, Synapse is still roaming free. Hopefully, whatever his evil plans they've been thwarted! Though it seems Samuel may be looking into his activities, now that Sarah is safe.

Miriam and Samuel's attempt at tattoos has not been successful, but they're hoping to give it another try when a real tattoo artist is hired at the salon.

The heir couple, Lorelei and Samuel, have welcomed generation 8 into the Frio family with the birth of their twins: A son, Fairyboo Marshall, who's Brave and Neurotic, traits that have been around for quite some time; And a daughter, human Kimberly, who's Friendly, like her Dad, but also Evil, and those two traits have been around since the earlier generations as well.

Miriam is still doing renovation jobs around town but with new little Frios in the household, she may be slack off on those a bit. And that's just fine with her! She can spend time with her niece and nephew, relax, and catch up on her favorite TV shows. Definitely a win-win for our couch potato!

And Uncle Ian's helping out with the twins too, as he wants some practice for his own nooboos as well as getting to know his sister's children before he and Miriam marry and leave the main Frio home.

All in all, some nice sunny days and plenty of surprises, for one chapter anyway!

Will the next few weeks remain calm or are there more surprises in store?

Find out in Chapter 125--Nooboos, Toddlers, and a Secret Revealed
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2019, 09:06:35 PM »
Chapter 125-- Nooboos and a Secret Revealed

Samuel's back at the Salas home getting information to write several more articles and stories about the plight of this brave family.

Samuel: "Did you get to read my last article Sandra? I hope your family all liked it."

Sandra *smiling* "It was really good Mr. Mar..oh, I'm sorry you got married and took your wife's name, Mr. Frio! I almost forgot."

Samuel *grinning* "Don't worry your pretty little head about it Sandra. I'll tell you a secret. It's so new to me, I sometimes forget and write Marshall too! But now that we have a little boy with that name, it's a little easier to remember my own new name."

Sandra *eyes lighting up* "That's right, dad read it from the paper that you and your wife have twins now! A boy and a girl. Marshall and Kimberly. Mom told me it's polite to congratulate Sims when a baby is born, and since you have two, I guess you get double congratulations!"

Samuel *laughing with delight at the little girl's enthusiasm* "Thank you very much, sweet Sandra. You are the epitome of politeness and your manners are impeccable!"

Sandra *screwing up her forehead just a bit* "I guess that means I'm good?"

Samuel *nodding* "Very good, dear Sandra. Very good indeed."
Screenshot-91.jpg

While Sandra works on her homework, Samuel chats with Jay Salas.

Samuel *sincerely* "I really wanted to thank you Mr. Salas, for giving me this opportunity to write this series of articles and stories about you and your family. It's doing a lot for my career, but I'm hoping it's helping you and your family as well."

Jay *nodding vigorously* "The articles have been excellently written and describe our plight well. It's actually encouraged my co-workers, our neighbors, and Sandra's little school chums, to greet us and get to know us for our own merits. Not just dismissing us as unsightly ghosts. We owe you a debt Mr. Frio, a real debt. Tatiana and I have never felt so good about our decision to have our family as we do now, since you came to town and gave us your whole-hearted support."
Screenshot-103.jpg

Now that he's a friend of the family, and a father himself, Samuel feels much more confident interacting with little Frieda.

He picks her up and snuggles her close, realizing that just like her sister Sandra is a typical child, she's just a typical toddler, wanting attention, to be snuggled, played with, and most of all loved.

That she's a ghost is totally beside the point. An accident of birth just like hair, eyes, and skin tone.

Underneath all of those things, creatures are just the same, whether human or supernatural.

They may need different things to survive, but to thrive they all need love, support, and friendship.

And as his mind ponders the epiphany of his thoughts, he smiles at Frieda, gets ready to tickle her silly just to hear her baby laughter, and realizes that his next story just needs to be set to paper.

Unbeknownst to Samuel, Tatiana floats downstairs to check on her small daughter.

And seeing a human holding her with delight, playing with her, she thanks the Watchers that this man, this wonderful man, was brought here to Midnight Hollow.

To become their champion, but more importantly, their first friend.
Screenshot-104.jpg

Down the road, Torre, Lucy, Ian and Miriam have gone to visit Dean and Everleigh.

And Everleigh doesn't even have to say a word as her baby bump tells her family what her invitation is all about!
Screenshot-93.jpg

Lita Lucy chats with her soon-to-be third grandchild and lets everyone know she is truly embracing this next step in her life.

Lucy: "Lita will rock you, and sing to you, and teach you to play the xylophone, and when your little tum-tums is hungry, Lita will feed you a bottle.

Everleigh *smiling* "Lita Lucy is perfect for you mom! And I'm counting on all that help you just mentioned. Lorelei had twins but there are six of you to take care of them, it's just me and Dean!"
Screenshot-100.jpg

Back at the Salas home, Sandra's finished her homework and asks Samuel if he'll play a game with her.

Samuel *shrugging his shoulders* "I never played many children's games as I was an only child. But we had lots of pets with silly names as my mom waited a long time for me to show up. Our horse was named GooGoo, our cat was Oopsie-Daisy, and our dog was BaBa! I took care of them when I was old enough and played games with them too."

Sandra giggles at the names of his pets and says: "Did you laugh when you called them those names?"

Samuel *shaking his head* "I couldn't even use them! My dad told me the secret was to just call them boy or girl when mom was around but when she wasn't, we called the horse 'Go', the cat 'Daisy', and the dog 'Babs'."

Sandra nods her heads and says: "Those are much better names. The others would be like naming a ghost pet 'Boo'!"

Samuel laughs at the little girls quick wit and says: "You got it girl! But there was one thing I was pretty good at doing when I was young, either with my pets or with a group of friends." *glancing outside* "And it looks just dark enough to be the perfect time."
Screenshot-110.jpg

Sandra follows Samuel out into their wide upstairs hall and laughs with delight as he begins a ghost story!

She listens entranced as Samuel begins *in a bit of a creepy voice* "It was a dark and dreary night in a town that never got much lighter…"

And his young friend is hooked on a form of storytelling that is ageless, whether you're young or old, human or supernatural, as it always sends delicious shivers down your form, whatever that may be!
Screenshot-117.jpg

Checking in next door, I get there just in time to see Ian max his martial arts skill!

And our Disciplined young man can't resist a double fist pump over his head at his accomplishment.

With a resounding, "Yeah, yeah" to go with them!

Dee: "Congratulations Ian! Now you've only got 2 points to go for athletic to complete your LTW!"
Screenshot-120.jpg

And Lorelei is enthusiastically telling Jared about a recent cooking disaster!

Lorelei: "I don't know what I did wrong! I separated the eggs perfectly, and whisked the yolks into the heated mixture one at a time, then stirred in the foamy egg whites, but when it came out of the oven, I had a soufflé flatter than a pancake. I was so embarrassed!"

Jared *listening intently then saying* "Don't stir in the egg whites next time."

Lorelei: "What?"

Jared: "The secret to a perfect soufflé, besides separating the eggs completely, is to FOLD the egg whites into the hot mixture. Next time try transferring about one-quarter of the egg whites to the yolk mixture, stir until just blended, then dump half of the rest of the whites into the yolk mixture and use a flexible spatula to gently FOLD them in. Repeat with the rest of the whites, folding just until barely blended with a few streaks of white remaining." 
From <https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cheese-souffle-3416019>

Lorelei: "Really? That's the secret? Fold don't stir in completely. I have to try it!"

Jared *shaking his head* "No. Not yet. First try something you've had success making before. Once you've mastered that one dish, then try others. Don't give up and move on, build on your base of recipes, master each dish before moving on to the next."
Screenshot-125.jpg

Lorelei heads to the kitchen with Jared's words ringing in her ears.

The best dish she's made so far is crepes so she puts her best effort into it and to her amazement she makes her first perfect meal!

Lorelei *thinking*Jared was right! Now that I've mastered this one dish, I can master them all! Look out soufflé you don't stand a chance against me now!*
Screenshot-132.jpg

The next morning, Lita Lucy plays with Marshall.

Lucy: "How's Lita's big boy? Did you sleep well last night? Look at you getting so big!"
Screenshot-133.jpg

And Lorelei breezes in all fresh from a full nights sleep and full of confidence from her cooking success of the night before.

Lorelei *picking up Kimberly* "Hi mom, thanks for feeding and changing Marshall."

Then holding Kimberly high over her head and saying: "How's mommy's Evil girl today? Did it make you happy when your big brother cried to be fed this morning? I see your grin missy. Just remember mommy's got your number and we'll triumph over that trait yet!"

Lucy *concerned* "Should you really tell her she's evil Lorelei? Won't that reinforce the trait?"

Lorelei *thoughtfully* "I don't think so mom. I mean after all, SHE knows she's evil, just like I've always known I was an Excitable Couch Potato. Did I cry much as a baby or was I content to lie in my crib or the swing and just stare at the mobile, perfectly content?"

Lucy *considering* "You were a pretty easy baby. You entertained yourself with the simplest things. And  Ian was Good and a Heavy Sleeper, and Everleigh was a Heavy Sleeper and a Loner. Thinking back, you were all easy babies with the traits you were born with!"

Lorelei: "So denying her Evil trait isn't going to make it go away. We need to accept it, help her to live with it and not give in to it all her life. Starting now! Founder Claire told me that I need to be firm with my children. And that's what I plan to do. Be firm, but loving, and as fair as I can be. Teaching her to meet her trait head on and be the boss of it, not letting it control her!"

Lucy *her voice filled with pride* "My Brave girl, you are becoming a formidable mother already!"

Lorelei *lovingly* "I learned from the best Mom. The very best!"
Screenshot-135.jpg

Later that morning, Torre and Lucy hold their first ever autograph sessions!

Torre may be our Diva, but Lucy's Irresistible trait made her the bigger star and money maker for this session, partly because Torre had to end his session early and play in a game.

But with all the adulation he received from his fans, it pumped Torre up so much that he was unstoppable and the opposing team didn't stand a chance as they were defeated 8 to 0!
Screenshot-137.jpg

But then I get a message that Everleigh and Dean now have a son!

A fairyboo who's an Artistic Virtuoso with his mom's pink sparkles floating gently around him.

After much consideration, they decide to name him Leighton, which fulfilled Everleigh's Diva self-love trait as well as giving a nod to Grandpa Sam's father, Leighton Sekemoto.

Everleigh's proud to be showing off her new son, but she has a request as well.

New clothes!

Everleigh *making a face* "This dress is a shapeless rag Watcher! I mean really, I look like a frump, and it doesn't go with the sandals or the cute hat."

Dee: "I thought it was a nightgown but the sandals and hat threw me. The hat is cute though, so let's match something to that."
Screenshot-144.jpg

In the end that's exactly what we do, but she talks me into two outfits.

Alright, it didn't take much arm-pulling as we saw the second outfit after we'd already decided on the first!

Our first choice was recoloring the hat to black with matching black and silver shoes and a chunky silver bangle for some fun, that really set off the golden yellow dress.
Screenshot-147.jpg

And then we saw this in the catalog, which matched the original cream hat, so we added some boots and voilà, the perfect fall/winter stylish outfit that any respecting Diva would be proud to wear!

And she looks simply amazing in it!

Dee: "Wow, Everleigh, you look great! You'd never know you just delivered an infant son!"

Everleigh *striding across the room* "As it should be Watcher. As it should be!"
Screenshot-150.jpg

Back home, Samuel and Lorelei share a tender moment.

Samuel: "You grow more beautiful with each passing day Mrs. Frio."

Lorelei: *a catch in her breathe* "Oh, Samuel, I thought our wedding day was the happiest moment of our lives. But now with the twins, each day is even more amazing than the last. I can't believe their party is tonight. It's gone by so fast."
Screenshot-154.jpg

But before the party starts, Samuel gets an urgent call from Joseph Doe.

An almost hysterical Joseph, who's so incoherent he can barely speak.

But he manages to ask if Samuel can meet him in the spot they spoke last and Samuel quickly agrees.

Joseph is agitated when he arrives, but Samuel says: "I'm not writing a story, I'm just going to take notes of everything you tell me. Try to calm down and start from the beginning. What's happened?"

Joseph takes a deep breathe and says: "It's my sister Jennifer. She just had her birthday so she started high school this week. She wasn't on the bus after school, but she'd mentioned signing up for after school activities, so I didn't think anything of it. But when it got dark, and she still wasn't home, I called her phone and it rang upstairs in her room! She forgets it a lot. So I checked with all her friends and none of them have seen her since school let out! I knew I needed to tell someone. Can you help me Mr. Frio? Can you help me find my sister?!"

Samuel's mind races over all the possibilities and isn't happy with what his mind comes up with but he won't share his fears with his young friend.

He knows he needs to stay positive but he also knows he needs something else, something Joseph may not agree with but he pushes forward anyway as time is of the essence.

Samuel *firmly* "We have to tell your parents Samuel. No matter what's going on at home, they have to know. Jennifer is your sister, but she's their daughter, and we can't leave them in the dark about this. As a new father myself, I just can't do this behind their back. Do you understand?"

Joseph *eyes wide* "I understand Mr. Frio. As scared as I am for Jennifer, I know my parents need to know what's going on. I only hope this doesn't cause even more trouble for my family."

Samuel is puzzled by Joseph's last words, but knows they need to get to the Doe home.
Screenshot-214.jpg

So an agitated Joseph calls his Mom and she meets them on the front steps.

Samuel sees an unknown girl doing homework and shoots a look at Joseph.

Joseph says: "She's my GF, Maggie Flynn. She stayed here to watch my younger brothers. We can trust her Mr. Frio. "

Jane Doe is shocked to see Samuel and abruptly asks Joseph: "I thought you were coming home with your sister. Where is she? I asked Maggie what was going on but she said we had to wait for you to get home."

Samuel interrupts and says: "I know you don't like reporters Mrs. Doe and I understand your reluctance to have me involved with your family in any way, but we have a serious situation here. Is your husband home? It would be best if we could tell you both at the same time."

Jane Doe *squaring her shoulders* "John is away at a business conference so I guess I'm it Mr. Frio. I don't know what Joseph's told you, but our whole family is already in a very dangerous situation." *eyes tearing up* "I'm assuming that whatever's going on tonight has something to do with my daughter, Jennifer. Where is she? Please tell me!"

Samuel: "I'm sorry Mrs. Doe, but that's why Joseph called me. Jennifer didn't come home from school with him and he's contacted her friends and she's not with any of them. But Joseph's mentioned your family being in trouble and you yourself said it's a dangerous situation. I think we both need to be on the same page if we're going to find your daughter." *taking out his notebook* "These are the names of the friends Joseph spoke with. Do you see anyone missing that Jennifer might be with?"

Jane Doe *clenching her fists to remain calm* "The list looks complete Mr. Frio. If Jennifer's not with any of those girls, I have no idea where she would be, but my mind is racing with all sorts of horrible ideas. But I think you should know what's going on with us. I'm sure my husband won't like it but with him out of town, I need to trust someone. And if Joseph trusted you then I'll put my trust in both of you. I won't go into a lot of details as we don't have time for that, but we're in the Witness Protection Program and any mention of our descriptions will put my family in grave danger!"
Screenshot-169.jpg

Samuel drops his notebook and pen in shock. Of all the things he'd suspected this was not  it!

Samuel sees the relief on Jane Doe's face and in the slump of Joseph's shoulders as their family secret is revealed.

But now he realizes just how dangerous this situation is as they can't release Jennifer's description or any details of the Doe family at all without putting them in even more jeopardy.

But Samuel has to ask: "Do you think that's the reason your daughter is missing Mrs. Doe?"

Jane: "Please, call me Jane. As for your question, No, I don't think so. I don't think any of us would be standing here if they knew we were in this town."

Samuel *glancing down at the Doe toddler nearby*  "I get your point Jane. So we're not dealing with that at least but that doesn't make the situation any less dangerous for Jennifer. Tell me, what's your daughter like? Shy, outgoing, athletic?"

Jane "She's a genius Mr. Frio and I don't say that as a doting mother. Her IQ is off the charts, and she loves books, but she's always been a nervy child. Always concerned about safety, like checking the stove or the sink all the time. And now that's she's a teen with all those emotions, she's been even more nervous. I'm not sure she hasn't left home in some misguided notion of hiding to keep herself safe."

Samuel's attention is caught after Jane mentions the word genius, something niggling at the back of his mind, but latching on to Jane's words about Jennifer loving books gives him the perfect place to start searching for her.

Samuel: "That gives me a great place to start. I'm going to head to the library and see if she's there. I'll call you as soon as I can with any news. For now, stay together here at home."
Screenshot-168.jpg

As the weather cools, Samuel dons his trench coat and hat again and heads to the library to see if the teen bookworm might be hiding out there.

After checking out all the floors and finding the entire place empty, he flops discouraged into a chair.

Then he see's a book lying on the front desk.

He opens it up to a page marked with a scrap of paper.

He reads: "Assistant Wanted: Genius to help with scientific experiments. Completely safe environment. Please inquire in person at 43 Breach Bend."

Samuel latches on to the two most important words, genius and safe!

And 43 Breach Bend?! That's Roderick Synapse's address!

And then it pops clearly into focus!

An evil genius who's recently lost his 'assistant' and is advertising for another one.

A young girl who just happens to be a genius is missing.

A girl who fears for her own safety due to her families' situation and her own neurotic tendencies!

It can't be a coincidence!
Screenshot-307.jpg

And he's right!

Earlier that day, young Jennifer saw that ad and seeing the words genius and safe prompted her to check out the address.

Jennifer Doe *her lips curving into a smile* This is the address! And with these great walls enclosing it, I should be much safer here. Safe and working on scientific experiments. The perfect place for me!*
Screenshot-4.jpg

Jennifer rang the bell repeatedly and when the light started to fade and rain began to fall, an odd looking man finally came out and greeted her, accompanied by an orange tabby cat.

Synapse *tapping his foot with annoyance* "Yes, what is it?! You've interrupted an important experiment.  You better not be selling something!"

Jennifer *concerned* "Oh, I hope I haven't ruined your research! I've come to help you with it. I saw your ad and…"

Synapse *his tone changing* "Oh, wonderful, wonderful! Come along inside, beastly weather out here. But it's perfect for my experiments. Mind Zoe, she likes to twine herself around your ankles! And your name miss?"

Jennifer happily tells him her name and says: "We've not been here in town very long. I didn't know a real scientist lived here! I love science, it's one of my favorite subjects. Have many applied for the job?"

Instead of answering her question, Synapse decides to test the girl's knowledge so he quotes:
“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.”
From <http://listverse.com/2009/02/24/top-10-most-influential-scientists/>

Jennifer doesn't hesitate as she responds with: "Galileo! Now my turn."
And she quotes: “The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”
From <http://listverse.com/2009/02/24/top-10-most-influential-scientists/>

Synapse blinks in shock but then delightedly says: "Nikola Tesla! His research is the basis for all of my own! I think I've found my perfect assistant Miss Doe."

Jennifer *excited* "Oh, I can't believe it. This must be my lucky day!"

Synapse *smiling broadly* "Not as lucky as mine my dear! Let's get inside out of the rain."
Screenshot-29.jpg

Jennifer feels perfectly at ease with a fellow genius, especially one who loves science, so she follows him inside without any concern.

She chatters blithely on to her new employer telling him how the high brick walls with their iron tipped bars make her feel so safe.

Much safer than in her parents house.

And lets him know how eager she is to get started assisting him with his experiments.

He ushers her up the steps ahead of him so she doesn't see his face contorted with evil glee!

Synapse *thinking* Such a young impressionable mind! Her preoccupation with safety should fit into my plans well. I'm sure I can mold her into the perfect assistant!*
Screenshot-41.jpg

He brings her to the kitchen and tells her to make herself at home, help herself to some dinner, as he readies a room for her.

One that will make her feel safer than she has ever been before.

A very special room!
Screenshot-52.jpg

Samuel's articles have eased the burden of the Salas family, but his friendship has proven even more valuable.

Everleigh and Dean have a son, fairyboo, Leighton, who's an artistic virtuoso.

The Doe families' secret has been revealed due to their teen daughter, Jennifer, being missing.

In her innocence, she's become the assistant of the evil genius, Roderick Synapse!

Can Samuel get to her in time?

And what of the heir twin's birthdays? Will Samuel miss them?

Join me in Chapter 126-- A Rescue and First Birthdays
After a brief hiatus for summer vacation the Frio's will return @ July 6th or 7th.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »
Chapter 126-- A Rescue and First Birthdays

Back at the library, Samuel makes two quick calls.

The first one to the Doe residence, letting Jane and Joseph know that though he didn't find Jennifer at the library, he's found a clue to her possible whereabouts. He promises he'll call them with an update as soon as he checks it out.

His second call is to his brother-in-law Dean.

Samuel: "I can't really go into details Dean since my source could be compromised and his entire family put in even more danger, but I just wanted you to know that I'm heading over to 43 Breach Bend."

Dean: "That nut Synapse's place? Where Sarah Holden was? Be careful Samuel! That guy's dangerous. He's not stupid, just the opposite, and when you add insane to an evil genius, it's best to stay far, far away. The sky's the limit to what they can accomplish and it usually isn't good for anyone else!"

Samuel: "That's why I'm letting you know where I'll be. It's a sticky situation, so we can't go in guns blazing and all that. Not a word of this can ever be in the news, not from me or anyone else. I can't tell you more than that Dean. I wish I could. But I'll call you as soon as I can so you know everything's okay."

Dean: *seriously* "And if you don't call?"

Samuel: "Then you'll know where to start looking for me."

There's a definite pause on the other end of the line and then Dean's voice comes through loud and clear as he says only one word: "Understood."
Screenshot-16.jpg

Samuel's next stop is 43 Breach Bend.

The place looks like a fortress with a high stone fence all around the property.

But strangely enough an arched opening with no gate leading up to a stone staircase.

He takes a step forward and then realizes the open entrance is deceiving as he hears the crackle of electricity!

He quickly steps back and rings the bell located on the stone wall to his left.

He paces back and forth and then he meets someone who could only be Roderick Synapse!

Miriam's description, as well as everything he's read, doesn't even come close to the feeling of being in his presence.

His spine tingles and his skin crawls, and when Synapse shakes his hand, every hair on his hirsute body seems to be standing on end!

Synapse *enjoying his uninvited guests discomfort* "Oh, pardon me, I've been working with electrical experiments and the conductivity of lightning with the storm earlier and apparently I'm not totally free of the effects. I do hope I haven't unduly alarmed you or harmed you?"

Samuel *smiling without humor and removing his hand* "Not at all. I'm Samuel Frio from the Midnight Hollow Messenger."

Synapse *his voice dripping with cordiality* Yes, Mr. Frio, I recognized you from the photo by your column in the paper. You've not been in town long, but your reputation precedes you. To what do I owe this…honor?"

Samuel *looking at the ray of sunshine amidst the darkening skies* "Perhaps we could discuss it inside? Before the next deluge arrives along with more lightning?"

Synapse *wrinkling his nose* "Must we?"

Samuel *staring straight into Synapse's disturbing eyes* "We must."
Screenshot-23.jpg

Synapse leaves him in a dark cramped sitting room and disappears for what seems like hours, but upon checking his watch it's only been about 15 minutes.

Samuel's concern for Jennifer is making the time seem much longer.

Unable to stand the inactivity, he heads off to find his inhospitable host or better yet Jennifer, but he finds Synapse in the hallway outside the room.

Samuel wonders if he's been standing there the whole time, just letting him cool his heels!

That thought makes him a bit more abrupt when he tells Synapse the reason for his visit.

Samuel *eyes narrowing* "Look Synapse, no more games! I know the girl's here. Just get her for me and we'll be on our way. And none of this will end up in the paper!"

Synapse *smirking* "The girl is here of her own free will. She's my guest. My new assistant. And by all means, suggest leaving to her. I doubt she'll be as eager to go with you as you think!"
Screenshot-65.jpg

Samuel follows Synapse' directions to a lower floor where Jennifer currently is and is dismayed when he sees the iron bars of a….cell?!

Jennifer is happily reading a book in a chair in the corner but stands when he calls her name.

Samuel *relief in his voice* "Jennifer! I'm Samuel Frio, a friend of your brother Joseph. I'm so glad I've located you. Your brother's been looking for you since it got dark and he and your mom have been worried sick. I'm glad to know you're safe and sound. I can take you home now."

Jennifer *smiling at him sweetly* "Of course I'm safe here Mr. Frio. In fact, I feel much safer here than at my parent's home. This house is surrounded by a huge brick wall! And Mr. Synapse has been so nice, giving me dinner, preparing this wonderfully safe room for me. Just look at how strong those bars are! And there's a lock for extra protection too. Mr. Synapse understands all about safety and he says I can stay here as long as I want and help him with his work every day after school! I didn't mean to worry Joseph or mom, but I left my phone at home. Do you have a phone? You could call and tell them I'm safe here and I want to stay. It's important to be safe."

Listening to her words, Samuel realizes her mother was right.

Her parents' overprotectiveness due to their family situation has heightened Jennifer's neurotic tendencies.

It's no longer confined to checking the sink and stove, but become a search for her own personal safety.

Something he wouldn't take away from anyone. Let alone an innocent teenage girl.

And certainly not by forcing her to come with him. Even if it's to bring her home.

He can only do as she's asked and call them with the news that she's okay.
Screenshot-93.jpg

Samuel tries his cell phone, surprised there's reception behind the thick brick walls, but soon hears the anxious voice of Jane Doe.

Jane: "Did you find her?! Is Jennifer safe!?"

Samuel *easing her concern at once* "Yes, she's safe and sound right here in front of me. But she feels safe here Jane. Protected by being here. She wants to stay for awhile."

Jane *relieved but resigned* "I see. I was afraid of that. She doesn't know all that's going on, but with moving several times, and discerning our own anxiousness, I'm sure she's felt our fear despite our attempts to hide it. Especially now as we've tried to express our concern for being home on time, right after school, or any school activities. But you're sure she'll be safe staying there?"

Samuel *speaking generally so as not to upset Jennifer* "Yes. I believe so. Before I leave, I'll make it perfectly clear to her host that those who need to know, know exactly where Jennifer is, and our concern is her safety above all else."

Jane *realizing he can't speak freely in Jennifer's presence* "Please tell Jennifer we love her and miss her. We want her to come home but we understand she needs to feel safe."

Samuel: "She feels bad about not calling and letting you know where she was, she never meant to worry you, but she left her phone at home. And I'm sure she loves and misses all of you too."

Jennifer nods and smiles at his words.

Jane *with a small laugh* "She can remember to check the sink and the stove a dozen times a day but not to take her phone! I love my daughter but sometimes she can drive me to distraction!"
Screenshot-116.jpg

Samuel reluctantly leaves Jennifer tucked up in the bed inside the small cell and heads upstairs to make sure Synapse truly sees the whole picture here.

He whips out his notebook and says: "I want your signed statement acknowledging that Jennifer Doe is in your employ, but only outside of school hours or after school activities. And that she's free to come and go as she pleases. To call or visit anyone she pleases. That she can return home any time she desires to. And that, under no circumstances, will that cage be locked!"

Synapse *snidely* "And what authority do you have to request or to enforce such a statement!?!"

Samuel *confidently* "The authority of a well-respected reporter, one with ties to seven other towns, including the city of Bridgeport."

Synapse *with a sneer* "Reporters? Like that's going to stop me! Me, Roderick Synapse, one of the greatest minds in all of Sim Land…"

Samuel interrupts: "Before you start singing your own praises too high, I'll let you in on some other family connections. My brother-in-law is a local law enforcement officer. My other male in-laws in town are well-known martial artists, with a keen interest in protecting innocents. And our extended family includes a couple of International super spies, and two private eyes, all well acquainted with the seamier sides of life. And most of them are fairies who delight in casting magic spells on those they consider enemies.  I wouldn't be throwing around any personal pedigrees MISTER Synapse, until you know exactly who you're dealing with!"

Synapse, cowered by Samuel's tone and his impressive list of family, grudgingly writes out the statement that Samuel requests. Exactly how he requested it and signs it with a grimace.

Muttering the whole time, "Fairies, eeww, such abominations, happy and sparkling, flittering and fluttering around you."

Samuel *warningly* "And I wouldn't be saying anything against fairies Synapse, the two martial artists I mentioned not only have black belts, but fairy wings! And we'll all be watching you very closely!"
Screenshot-79.jpg

As he prepares to leave, Samuel's confident that Synapse knows the score exactly and won't harm Jennifer.

But he pauses before opening the door as it sounds like the scientist is actually cackling!

Dismissing it as part of his over-active imagination, he departs.

But it wasn't part of his imagination at all and Roderick Synapse rubs his hands with glee and laughs his demented laugh again!

Only time will tell what his evil plans are!
Screenshot-86.jpg

Having done all he can for the Doe family, Samuel quickly heads home for the twins birthdays.

He's not in much of a party mood, but he needs to be there for his children and family on such a special occasion.

Lorelei brings Marshall to his cake as Samuel spins a noise maker, though the rest of the family seems quite subdued.

Even our party girl Miriam seems less than enthusiastic about a party.

Seems like Samuel's not the only one with something serious on his mind, but he can't help but inquire: "What's wrong everyone?"

Then when he notices their glum looks at not just one cake but two, he laughs and says: "You don't have to eat any!"
Screenshot-173.jpg

But the adults feelings about cake don't stop Marshall from aging to toddler with the Frio auburn hair!

Tito Torre must have passed it on to his grandson and I'm sure Adam will be pleased as punch to see it back in the family.

Look at Marshall's face as he tries to figure out what the fairy sparkles are all about!
Screenshot-185.jpg

But knowing the danger the Doe family's been under, Samuel scoops up his son and cuddles him close.

He can't imagine living with the fear that they live with each and every day.

And as he makes a promise to his son, he hopes it's one he can keep for the Doe families' daughter as well. Maybe all of them if he has any say in it.

Samuel *comfortingly* "I'm here Marshall. Daddy's got you and I promise to keep you safe. Happy Birthday buddy! It's late, let's get you to the nursery."
Screenshot-186.jpg

First they take care of some necessary business using the potty.

Then Samuel chats quietly with Marshall.

Samuel *whispering* "Sissy's asleep, so we'll have her birthday tomorrow. Let's get you ready for bed too, young man. It's been a long day. Daddy loves you Marshall!"

And he tickles him gently so he won't laugh too loud and wake up Kimberly.
Screenshot-197.jpg

When Marshall wakes up the next day, we head into stylist and, with the weather growing cooler, we choose this cute store outfit with matching shoes.
Screenshot-203.jpg

And another store outfit for his outerwear.

Since his mother loves orange, I leave it as is, especially since it compliments his auburn hair so well.
Screenshot-206.jpg

And I love this store formal outfit so much, all my toddler boys wear it.

Typically I recolor the tie to the recipient's favorite color, but with his twin's birthday already delayed, we forgo that step.
Screenshot-204.jpg

After breakfast, Lorelei feeds Kimberly her last bottle.

This little one is fulfilling my warning to Samuel as she's so adorable it's not going to be easy to discipline or curtail any evil tendencies should they appear.

Just look at how she's smiling and waving her little arms about in eagerness for her bottle! Just too cute!
Screenshot-217.jpg

Then Lorelei brings her to her birthday cake, and after blowing out the candles for her daughter, gently places her on the floor.

Then Lorelei joins her family in giving birthday cheers to encourage this little one to age up.
Screenshot-222.jpg

And when the shower of sparkles disappears we see that Kimberly's inherited her father Samuel's dark hair, something that was passed on through his mother Kim!

How fitting that Kimberly carries a variation of her paternal grandmother's name and has her dark hair as well.

Lorelei seems saddened by her youngest baby growing up, but this little one is blessed with having ghostly Grandma Rae join in the birthday cheer.

Maybe she figures that having the Evil trait this little one needs all the cheers she can get?!

Or maybe it's because she remembers Sophie's heartache when Ronan was born Evil?

Whatever the case, I'm happy to see one of the family ghosts joining in.
Screenshot-230.jpg

Kimberly likes dark blue and her hairbow's already that color, so we pick out a cute fall jumper, and recolor it to match.
Screenshot-232.jpg

For her outerwear we choose this cute outfit with bunny appliquéd leggings, recolored to her favorite dark blue with matching dark blue gloves.

I'm a sucker for cute toddlers!
Screenshot-235.jpg

Lorelei can't resist a hug and tickle session, while Rae enjoys a piece of birthday cake.

Seeing the smile on Rae's face, I venture a question: "It's always nice to hear toddler laughter in the house isn't it?"

Rae *her smile growing larger* "Oh, yes Watcher. It's one of the sweetest and most welcomed sounds."
Screenshot-248.jpg

But Lorelei takes her motherly duties quite seriously, especially having no sense of humor, so she begins teaching Kimberly to talk right away.

Lorelei: "Tub. When you're bigger you'll take a bath in the tub."

Kimberly: "Twub! Spwash?"

Lorelei *unable to resist a small smile* "Splash a little. And play with your duckie!"
Screenshot-251.jpg

In the nursery, Lita Lucy is teaching Marshall to walk.

As he gets closer he takes a giant step before falling into his Lita's arms.

Lucy: "That's it my boy! You've caught on quickly. You'll be running all around before we know it!"
Screenshot-263.jpg

Later that afternoon, when Samuel's back from work, he takes Marshall to the potty while Lorelei continues teaching Kimberly to talk.

The twins are eager to learn their skills but precocious Kimberly lets mommy know when it's time for  a break!

She holds her hand up and says: "Stwop! Wanna play now!"
Screenshot-272.jpg

Unable to resist her plea, the new parents let the twins have a break and play with their IF dolls.

A well-meaning relative sent them in the mail not long after the twins were born.

With their distinctive personalities, each twin plays with their doll a bit differently.

Marshall sings to his as he rocks back and forth, but Kimberly is torn between shaking hers and squeezing it to death.

Her poor doll will be lucky to keep it's stuffing having an Evil Friendly owner!
Screenshot-280.jpg

But all that skilling and playtime takes it's toll so Lorelei and Samuel each pick up a twin.

With fresh diapers, snuggles and soft words of love, they put them down for their afternoon naps.
Screenshot-286.jpg

Samuel's attempt at rescuing Jennifer Doe from Roderick Synapse went south when the neurotic genius decided she felt safe there and wanted to stay at his home. And sleep in a cell!

Synapse has been warned by Samuel to watch his step and make sure no harm comes to Jennifer.

But we all know you can't trust an insane evil genius!

On a more positive note, the twins have become toddlers and are eagerly learning their toddler skills.

And playing with their IF dolls every chance they get.

Will they meet other playmates?

Will there be more surprises in store here in MH?

Let's find out in Chapter 127-- Toddler Skills and A Party
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2019, 09:19:26 PM »
Chapter 127-- Toddler Skills and A Party

Over the next few days, the Frio family focuses on the twins.

Lorelei helps Marshall master walking.
Screenshot-297.jpg

Then the twins get some free time to chat and play at the blocks table.
Screenshot-360.jpg

After naps, Lita Lucy encourages Kimberly to take a few steps.

Lucy: "You did it. Three whole steps. You're such a big girl Kimmie."

Kimberly *pouting her lip* "Not Kimmie! Kim..ber..lee!"

Lucy *mollifying her* "Okay, sweetie. Kimberly it is!"
*thinking* This little one sure has a mind of her own!*
Screenshot-346.jpg

While Tito Torre adds to Marshall's vocabulary.

Torre *excited* "And then I gave your Lita a beautiful ring and we lived happily ever after!"

Marshall: "Ring, ring. Tito gabe Lita a ring!"

Torre *circling his fingers* "That's it buddy. A ring! Let's try another one."

Marshall: "Nuther one!"
Screenshot-358.jpg

When Samuel was at the library I noticed there wasn't a children's area.

With the toddler twins busy learning skills at home, I take a moment to make Moldy Missives a kid friendly spot.

I add a play nook for toddlers and children in one area close to the front entrance, with a playpen, toy oven, doll house, toy box, potty chair and crib, with a comfortable rug.
Screenshot-309.jpg

On the opposite side of the entrance I place an identical rug with the peg box, xylophone, another potty chair and crib, a bench for parent's to relax on, and a bookcase holding toddler books.
Screenshot-310.jpg

With her parents watching over the twins, Lorelei takes a break and learns a new recipe.

Dee: "How many is that Lorelei?"

Lorelei *thinking about it* "I'm not sure Watcher, but I still have bunch of them in my inventory. Last time mom was at the bookstore, she bought everyone I didn't have and some I'd already learned! But I've still got a few days left of my maternity leave, so I'm hoping to get through them before I go back to work. I'll have learned so many new recipes, I'm sure I'll impress my boss and get another raise!"

Dee: "Sounds like you've got it under control. I'll leave you to your reading then."
Screenshot-362.jpg

Later that afternoon, Lorelei heads to the library with Marshall for some mommy and me time.
Screenshot-369.jpg

They sit close together and enjoy several toddler books, taking advantage of the atmosphere at the library to breeze right through them.
Screenshot-384.jpg

Then Marshall plays in the playpen, practicing some of the words he's learned, gaining skill all on his own.

And having a wonderful time playing peek-a-boo in the mirror!
Screenshot-376.jpg

Lorelei meets Marvin Craft, a quite unique paparazzi with his MH pale face half covered by a tattoo.

But instead of being pushy, he's very polite and asks Lorelei if she'd share an update on her son's progress.

Lorelei can't resist some motherly bragging so she provides a few anecdotes of the kid's cutest moments.

Having a moment on his own, little Marshall shows his potty training is mastered as he uses the potty all by himself!
Screenshot-56.jpg

With business taken care of, mother and son enjoy a few more stories together.

Marshall's so fascinated he starts turning the pages all on his own.

Lorelei smiles at his enthusiasm and encourages a love for books and learning.
Screenshot-39.jpg

With Marshall at the library with Lorelei and Kimberly in her crib watching me like a hawk, I take a moment to recolor the nursey.

Marshal loves green and Kimberly dark blue so I touch up the walls to a pale cream and add a bold dark blue border with rainbows and puffy white clouds.

Then add the same blues and greens to the activity rug, and use the bold border on the rocking chair and changing table.

A green grow chart on one wall, a mobile over Marshall's crib, and a few colorful prints on the walls, paintings of Sam's, complete the room.

But I notice an unfamiliar object on the floor, a baby mat. I wonder where that came from?
Screenshot-4.jpg

I ask around the house and it's Miriam who enlightens me about it.

She'd finished up a reno and was coming home when she noticed a toy shop that looked rather intriguing.

She tells me that it had a carousel and a chessboard outside. A chessboard with almost life-size dolls!

Miriam: "It was so unique I had to take a picture. It's dark, but you can still seem them. A bit spooky really, especially the dolls!"
Screenshot-329.jpg

Miriam continues: "Since the shop was still open, I went inside and looked around. There were toys everywhere! Beautiful toys. I've never seen anything quite like them before. They looked handmade, painted, quite amazing really.
And upstairs there were these machines, I couldn't resist checking them out. I pressed a button and a list of different toys came up and I chose to make that baby mat. I was hoping to give it to the twins, but only babies can use it."
Screenshot-336.jpg

Dee: "Well, maybe you can use it for your own babies someday."

Miriam: "That's a good idea Watcher. I've been a bit pre-occupied lately and it's definitely showing up in my paintings!"

Dee *awestruck* "Miriam that's beautiful! I've never seen anyone paint a scene like that. Does that mean what I think it means?"

Miriam *blushing just a bit* "I hope so. Ian's been rather romantic lately, and I've found him with the twins a time or two. And when he looks at me." *blushing a deeper rose* "I have a feeling he's planning on asking me soon."
Screenshot-9.jpg

And Miriam's feeling turns out to be right on the money.

Apparently all that brooding she does keeps her in tuned with not just her own emotions, but other's as well.

Ian asks her to watch the stars and they share a special romantic moment.

Then he tells her to put on a party frock as he has tickets for a play at the local theater.
Screenshot-205.jpg

The play was excellent, a wonderful romantic comedy that has put them both in great mood.

When they get home, he holds her close and tells her how beautiful she is, even more beautiful now than when they were teenagers.
Screenshot-221.jpg

Then he drops to one knee, and proposes!

Ian *staring into her eyes* "Miriam Pelly, I've been in love with you since we were teens. And our love has only grown deeper and stronger as we've grown up together. You've joined me and my family on this journey, leaving your own family behind to become part of ours. Please do me the honor of becoming my wife, not only sharing my family, but my name as well."

Miriam *with a gasp and looking at the ring on her hand* "Oh, yes, Ian yes! There's nothing that would make me happier than for us to become husband and wife."
Screenshot-240.jpg

Early the next morning, Rae watches over Kimberly as she plays with the peg box.

Rae: "She's like Ronan Watcher! "

Dee :"Yes Rae, but she's also Friendly. And we don't know what other traits she'll end up with. Lorelei is keeping close tabs on her to keep her Evil trait in check."

Rae: "Yes, I've heard her be firm with the child. But do you think that will be enough Watcher?"

Dee: "Only time will tell Rae. Your brother Heath was born an Evil Slob and he never did anything to harm the family."

Rae *nodding* "That true. And this little one is sweet! And I love her dark hair. We've run the whole spectrum Watcher, auburn, blonde, brown, black and Des' very unique turquoise. It's nice to see all the different hair colors."

Dee: "It is Rae! That's one of my favorite parts of this whole journey, the different facial features and hair colors. Just imagine if any of the Salas' family join the family! Active yellow ghosts with white hair!"

Rae *excitedly* "I saw them at the party! Is it a possibility?"

Dee *smiling* "You saw Tatiana and her teenage daughter, Sandra. But Tatiana and Jay have a toddler, Antony, who's just a bit older than our Kimberly."

Rae: "A definite possibility then! But of course, only if he gets along with Kimberly. I don't see her letting anyone else decide on her life partner!"

Dee *shaking my head* "No, I don't see that either."
Screenshot-78.jpg

Then Miriam throws an engagement party, inviting family, friends, and half the town.

Our party girl's been pretty tame so far, but getting engaged is not an event she's going to pass up without a party.

The dining room is filled with guests all enjoying great food. Some of Lorelei's as well as what guests have brought.

Lucien Hyde is grabbing a seat next to Sarah Limb.

The Doe's, John and Jane, have become family friends since Samuel's discreet assistance in locating Jennifer.

And two Salas members attend, Tatiana and Sandra, who's become a teen.

And one of the Lau sisters, Annie, sits between them. I would have loved adding her hair to the family genetics, but I don't think she's paired up with anyone to even have a child with!

It's great seeing both the Salas and Doe families interacting with their neighbors.
Screenshot-110.jpg

After the great meal, the guests mingle and chat.

Samuel's become quite the celebrity with all of his articles about the Salas family and Annie Lau asks for his autograph.

He's surprised but flattered and signs it with a flourish.

Jane Doe's thrilled to finally meet Lucy, one of her favorite composers.

And Lucy's all set to welcome Dean, but when she sees Everleigh step through the door in a familiar maternity dress, there's no stopping her as she rushes to congratulate her daughter!
Screenshot-114.jpg

Lucy *thrilled* "Another nooboo! Oh, Everleigh congratulations! Hi there little one! It's Lita Lucy. Your mommy's given us a wonderful surprise with you on the way! Lita can't wait to play with you! You and your big brother."

Everleigh *concerned* "Speaking of big brothers Mom, I think we need to throw a party for Leighton. He's not aged up yet and with this little one on the way, the sooner the better!"

Lucy *giving her daughter a look* "We've been trying to call to set up a party for him, but you never seem to be home. You need to relax a bit and get off your feet with this little one arriving soon."

Everleigh *nodding* "I know mom, but just look at this dress! It's such a rag. I've been out shopping for clothes, and reading baby books at the library. And we need another crib! There's just so many things to do to prepare for another baby."

Lucy promises: "We'll come over soon and celebrate Leighton's birthday and help figure out what you need."
Screenshot-123.jpg

Samuel's hearing all about Sandra's teen party and some of her adventures in high school.

Sandra *excitedly* "My classmates have become much friendlier Mr. Frio. A bunch of them came to my birthday party and I've even joined several after school clubs! Some of them are even a bit jealous that I know you and your family and they're constantly asking me to get them photos and autographs."

Samuel *glad to see her so happy* "I'm glad I was able to help Sandra. As for your friends, I'm sure we could provide some autographed pictures for you to pass on. Torre and Lucy have scads of them available from their agents."

Sandra *eyes opening wider* "That would be great Mr. Frio!" *then blushing just a bit* "And some of yours too? Everyone keeps saying how handsome you are!"

Seeing the teens adulation has even our Charismatic Samuel blushing a bit himself as he realizes young Sandra has a bit of a crush on him!

Samuel hates to burst her bubble, but he knows he has to bring the young girl back to the reality of the situation, so he says: "Of course. Of course. I think the paper keeps some photos on hand for just that purpose. Never thought I'd be using them, but you're the second person at the party who's asked. I hope my wife doesn't get too jealous with all this attention I'm getting lately. You haven't met Lorelei yet have you Sandra? Let's see if we can find her so I can introduce her to you. I'm sure you'll be great friends! And with all your experience, we'd love to have you babysit for the twins!"

The stars in Sandra's eyes dim just a bit at the mention of his wife and children, but she happily follows her mentor in search of his wife.

And Torre chats with Everleigh congratulating her on the new baby and tells her to start looking around for a new home.

Torre: "Your house is much too small for four of you sweetie. And the Watcher promised she'd help out with a bigger place if you and Dean had another child."

Everleigh: "Don't worry dad. I haven't forgotten that and I was thinking that the house at the end of the street would be perfect! It's 2 stories and 2 or 3 bedrooms. And we really do need more space! I hate being in a crowd!"

Dee *laughing* I hear you two plotting and planning and I had my eyes on that same house! Once you've had this little one, we'll get you moved over there!"
Screenshot-104.jpg

And a party wouldn't be a party unless our party animal got to dance on a counter!

Dee *yelling* "You go girl! I haven't seen moves like that since Jared and he didn't have anything on you!"

Miriam *yelling louder* "Woot! Woot! Woot! It's my party, a great party, a rockin' party!"
Screenshot-137.jpg

The twins are learning their toddler skills.

Ian and Miriam are engaged and had a fantastic engagement party!

Everleigh and Dean are expecting their second child and hope to move to a new home.

Things are moving right along in MH.

Check out Chapter 128-- Heirship Interest and Honors
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2019, 02:12:43 PM »
Chapter 128--Heirship Interest and Honors

But Rae's not the only ghost looking over the heir twins.

First Adam rocks quietly nearby as Lorelei teaches Marshall a few more words to master his talking skill.

Lorelei: "Bicycle. You'll be big enough to ride a bicycle after your next birthday."

Marshall: "Bi..sickle! Wanna ride a bi…sickle!"

Adam smiles fondly as the little toddler does his best to repeat the word.

Dee: "He's a brave one Adam. He'll try any word that the family's willing to share with him. And he's got your auburn hair!"

Adam *his smile growing* "I noticed that first thing after his toddler birthday Watcher! And unique dark blue wings for a potential heir. Ronan's son, Brannon had them first, if I recall correctly. Though his were much larger and wispier. I like the cute bumblebee ones, especially on a toddler. But it's Kimberly that has her father's dark hair, so will that be the deciding factor for heirship this generation?"

Dee *shaking my head* "Not at all! I'm not getting caught in that trap again like I did with Lorelei. It was too much pressure for a child believing she was heir, then all the chaos with Marcy threatening that heirship. That may be what caused her No Sense of Humor Trait. Her and Ian both got it and it may have been directly related to all the havoc Marcy's arrival caused. I think it'll be best if we let the twins grow up, see their overall traits, LTW's, and life partners, then we'll decide."

Adam *giving me a look* "That didn't make it any easier with my twins, Logan and Sadie, Watcher! But good luck!"

Dee *smiling ruefully* "Thanks Adam! I'm sure I'll need it!"
Screenshot-147.jpg

Then Claire's the next visitor to the nursery.

She rocks and relaxes watching over both of the twins as they play.

Kimberly plays a tune on the xylophone as Marshall claps with enthusiasm at her efforts.

Claire *doubtfully* "I'm with Adam on the heirship decision. I don't think it's going to be any easier for this generation than it was for the others. One twin has the Frio/Ursine auburn hair, and one has her father's unique black. One is a fairy, one's not. Marshall's Brave like his mother, Kimberly's Friendly like her father. And they both have a negative family trait to overcome already. Evil may be worse than Neurotic, but it's actually less common in the family too! Another tough choice Watcher and they're only toddlers!"

Dee *with a scowl* "Thanks for pointing all of that out Claire! But you forgot the fact that Kimberly has a unique possible mate in Antony Salas and we really don't have anyone in mind for Marshall yet, so that could put her ahead in the heirship race!"

Claire *intrigued* "Oh, Rae mentioned something about that. Honest to goodness ghosts that are living active lives! Working, eating, sleeping, and having children! I can't wait to meet one of them. That would put Kimberly ahead, IF she pairs up with him!"

Dee: "Yeah, IF. I've nudged a few of my heirs in the direction of prospective partners but I've never made them choose one they didn't get along with. But like I told Adam, we'll just have see how it goes as they grow up. No choosing ahead of time this generation. I learned my lesson with that last time!"

Claire: "Yeah, Marcy showing up did put a bit of a crick in your plans. Having to give her a chance at heirship made a bit of a mess of things. Who brought that up anyway?"

Dee *glaring* "You did, Claire!"

Claire *having the grace to apologize* "Oh, yeah, sorry about that . You know me, sometimes I just don't stop before I speak with my temper and all!"
Screenshot-155.jpg

True to her word, Lucy and Torre head over to the Cole's house to celebrate Leighton's birthday.

Lucy plays with him and gets in a few nooboo snuggles as proud papa Dean frowns at the smoke coming out of the TV.

Then he heads off to shower and change out of his uniform.
Screenshot-110.jpg

But when Lucy brings Leighton to his cake, Everleigh goes into labor!

Lucy: "Sorry to rush you little one, but we need to get this birthday over ASAP! Your baby brother or sister is on the way!"
Screenshot-136.jpg

And with his father's mocking laughter and the muted groans of his mother's labor in his ears, Leighton ages to toddler!
Screenshot-147.jpg

Here's a close up of the birthday boy in his everyday outfit playing with his new toy robot.

He's got the Frio auburn hair just like Marshall and the same pink fluttery wings as Everleigh, Ian and Torre.
Screenshot-393.jpg

But it's been a long day for Leighton, and seeing how tired he is, Lita Lucy picks him up, changes him back into pj's, and brings him to the nursery.

Lucy: "Happy Birthday Leighton! But I thinks it sleepy bye time for you. You can get to know your sibling in the morning."

Leighton's so sleepy he doesn't protest, just lays his head on her shoulder for some bedtime cuddles.
Screenshot-160.jpg

Dean and Torre stay close by Everleigh in the kitchen.

Not that they do much.

Dean continues his mocking of the birthday boy totally oblivious to Everleigh's labor.

And Torre's just noticed the sparkles around her.
Screenshot-157.jpg

And then the Cole's have a beautiful daughter, another fairyboo, who's also inherited her father's IF genes!

Little Christa is a Loner like her mom, and Loves the Outdoors like her father.

The perfect blend of her parents.
Screenshot-162.jpg

Lita Lucy feeds Christa a bottle while Torre chats with Everleigh about his latest game.

Lucy *addressing Torre with a smile* "Okay Superstar, enough about your legendary sports feats. Your daughter is exhausted and needs to get some rest."

So Lucy gets the new baby settled while Torre says his goodbyes.
Screenshot-166.jpg

Torre *hugging her tightly* "I love you so much sweetie. You get some rest now and congratulations on a beautiful new daughter. I hope she brings as much light into your life as you've brought into mine!"

Everleigh *a bit teary* "She already has dad! Dean and I were both hoping for a girl to make us the perfect family, and now she's here!"
Screenshot-188.jpg

Back at the main Frio home, Lorelei's practicing her Attack of the Claw with Marshall.

Both of them look quite surprised as the Claw creeps closer and closer!
Screenshot-193.jpg

While Samuel and Kimberly take a moment for daddy and me time.

Kimberly *looking into his eyes* "Luv you daddy!"

Samuel *choking up at her unexpected words* "Daddy loves you too my sweet baby girl!"
Screenshot-85.jpg

The next day Miriam gets a call that she's needed at City Hall right away.

When she arrives, music starts playing, the crowd starts cheering, and the mayor gives her the Architectural Keys to the City! A major accomplishment in a home designer's career!

Her soon to be sister-in-law is there to congratulate her, even though she's not big on crowds.

Both Everleigh and Sarah Limb chat with her about this wonderful honor.
Screenshot-253.jpg

Then a fan wants an autograph which Miriam signs floating on cloud nine as the young man can barely contain his excitement at meeting her.
Screenshot-288.jpg

But best of all, Miriam gets other clients as Todd Landgraab asks if she'll put her talents to use on the home he shares with his two roommates, Karl Simon and Seema Sielen.

Miriam likes Todd as he shares her Couch Potato trait and when he introduces her to Seema, they both smile as they recognize a fellow Party Animal straight away.

Todd: "We like the inside just fine Ms. Pelly, but the exterior needs some new windows and doors. We'd be honored if you take the job, if it isn't too small?"

Miriam: "No job is too small and the outside of your home should be as welcoming as the inside!"

Todd and Seema: "Exactly!"

Since the three of them all seem to be on the same page, I turn my attention to the nearby teenagers as two of them look familiar.
Screenshot-299.jpg

It's Jennifer Doe and Sandra Salas!

It's good to see both of them out and about and joining in a community event.

And the smile on Jennifer's face makes me curious about her conversation with the young man in front of her.

Jennifer *shocked and excited* "Really? You're actually asking me to prom? Why, yes, yes, I'd love to go with you!"

Looks like Jennifer won't be spending all her time working on experiments with Roderick Synapse!

Good for her!
Screenshot-300.jpg

Miriam starts work on the Landgraab project right away.

And she can see why they wanted some new windows and doors.

The original windows are quite narrow and the doors solid, so even the sunlight that's new to the town isn't penetrating into the house, making it quite dark and dreary.

Miriam doesn't touch the classic windows but adds new ones with a creamy white paint that brighten up the exterior and bring more light within.

And the doors she adds match the white window trim with half glass panels covered in wrought iron to match the fencing surrounding the house and bring in even more light.

She stands back by the gate to gauge the overall effect and is pleased with her choices.
Screenshot-314.jpg

Todd loves the welcoming look she gave the exterior of his home but he's blown away by the original artwork she's used in the entry.

Miriam: "I hope you don't mind the sketch. I know the job was for the exterior but I like to add a personal touch to all of my designs."

Todd: "Mind? Oh, it's wonderful Ms. Pelly. We didn't even think you'd take the job let alone honor us with one of your own works!"

Miriam knows she's done well when a snobby Landgraab not only gives praise like that, but also gives her a great review!
Screenshot-319.jpg

After bottles for the twins, Lucy's staying home with Marshall to further their new friendship while Lorelei gets in some mommy and me time and takes Kimberly on her first outing.
Screenshot-309.jpg

To the library of course, for some toddler book time.

But to my surprise another toddler is already there playing at the activity table so Lorelei lets Kimberly play first.

With Antony Salas!

I'm hoping that this meeting as toddlers is fate telling me something, but only time will tell!
Screenshot-342.jpg

Once Antony heads on home with big sister Sandra, Lorelei and Kimberly read the toddler books together.

Kimberly loves the stories just as much as her twin and looks at the pictures intently.

As a bookworm myself, I love introducing youngsters to the joys and adventures that can be found in literature, from the classics to high adventure, mysteries, and sci-fi!

That's why I try to make sure each toddler generation makes that special trip to the library with a parent, grandparent, or favorite relative, like Uncle Conner back in SV.

But with Lorelei being a 4 star celebrity, it was a trick getting her away from fans wanting autographs and  the paparazzi that kept following her around and interrupting her.

But we finally managed to read all the toddler books we could find and they both had a great time.
Screenshot-346.jpg

Back at the house, Miriam is having a special conversation with her soon-to-be-mother-in-law.

Miriam: "Mom, I've been brooding about this for awhile now. I know it's customary for the man to ask his fiancée's father for her hand in marriage, but since that's impossible, I wanted to ask you for Ian's hand. I hope you're happy with him choosing me for his wife?"

Lucy *smiling* "We are thrilled with his choice, Miriam! And I'm honored that you asked me. You've given up your own family ties to become part of our family and that means a lot to us. You chose Ian and made him the happiest Sim in Sim Land."

Miriam *with a look* "Well, it wasn't exactly a difficult choice. You know what my mom's like!"

Lucy: "But even with your family issues, it's still a big step, moving away from them forever. I know because I did the same thing. And in your heart, no matter what your family was like, you would have chosen Ian. You two have been soulmates for a long time."

Miriam *looking at her new mother with respect* "We have Mom! And I couldn't have asked for a better family to be part of. I know I'm not perfect, and I have faults and negative traits to overcome, but in this family that's looked upon as a challenge with everyone doing their best to help you. That was a new experience for me, having everyone's support. I expected Ian's but all of you have made me feel welcome and supported me in my career and with my traits. And I wanted you to know that I do appreciate it. Even if I do mope about a bit and take a brooding shower now and again."

Lucy *encouragingly* "And we've seen the effort you've made Miriam. To recognize your trait but not give in to it at every turn. That's how we grow. And you're fitting in just fine. We're very proud to call you our daughter!"
Screenshot-432.jpg

And outside on the sunporch, Samuel's having a heart-to-heart with Torre.

Samuel *apologetically* "Dad, I have a confession to make. I've been bandying your name around a bit, especially with you and Ian being Martial Artists and fairies. And I used the Frio family connections to…to bully someone really. I am proud of being a Frio but I never meant to use the family that way."

Torre *frowning* "Really?! You threatened someone using me and Ian?! Good Ian? And did it accomplish what you wanted? This person was afraid?"

Samuel *gulping* "I think so, he did what I wanted him to do, but I'm not sure I trust his word completely."

Torre *with a searching look* "So this isn't a nice man?"

Samuel *shaking his head* "No, not nice at all. I tried using my reputation as a reporter, but he just laughed at that. And I threatened to use the paper too, but that's not an option really. In fact, none of that particular event can ever be in the paper. A family's life would be in jeopardy. I really can't say more than that. But I wanted to apologize, before word got out about it. In case he said some things around town about fairies."

Torre: "So you used our names, and the Frio family reputation to protect someone? A whole family? That can't really fight back?"

Samuel *nodding* "I did! And I'm soo sorr…."

Torre *interrupting* "Nothing to be sorry about Samuel. You did what all Disciplined Martial artists try to do first. Use words instead of violence. You may have indicated there could be violence but only if this person couldn't be dissuaded from violence or harmful actions of his own. It sounds like being a journalist is also a very disciplined profession. And I think we should build on that discipline to make you a force in your own right."

Samuel *puzzled* "What did you have in mind?'

Torre *firmly* "On your next day off, meet me down here at 6 a.m. for your first martial arts lesson."

Samuel *startled* "Yes, sir. But I'm not very athletic…"

Torre *nodding* "You will be son. You will be."
Screenshot-313.jpg

And while Ian plays with Marshall, Samuel stares at the TV pondering his next day off.

Samuel *thinking* 6 a.m.?! Martial Arts training?! I've not done a push up since high school!*

Ian: "You look awfully uncomfortable bro. Fight with Lorelei?"

Samuel *breaking out of his fog* "No, no, not at all. We're good."

Ian: "Something at work?"

Samuel *shaking his head* "Not really. Connected in a minor way, but not really no. Works great."

Ian: "Then it must be the in-laws! You on the outs with mom or dad?"

Samuel *shaking his head again* "Neither. But I just had a conversation with dad and somehow I'm going to be starting martial arts training on my next day off!"

Ian *surprised* "Oh, that's cool bro, so why the long face?"

Samuel *looking down at his scrawny arms* "Really? You have to ask?"

Ian *his Good heart always to the fore* "Oh, I can help you with that bro! I'll help train you a bit and show you some moves so you don't feel like such a fool in front of dad!"

Samuel *looking up* "Really? You think that will help?"

Ian *honestly* "Well…dad's really good so you'll probably still feel inept but that won't be anything to the pain you're going to be in after your first training session! I could barely walk!"

Samuel *staring back at the tv* "I should have just kept my mouth shut!"
Screenshot-333.jpg

The ghosts are focused on heirship even though the twins are just toddlers.

I guess Marcy and the time machine throwing a monkey wrench into heirship in the last town has them a bit concerned with the next generation heirs.

But I've promised to let the children grow up into YA's, add new traits and experience, and consider the whole picture before choosing an heir this time around.

But as both Adam and Claire pointed out, that doesn't always make the choice any easier. Thanks a lot!

But heirship aside, Kimberly has met toddler Antony Salas, which I hope is not just a coincidence.

Samuel's scheduled for a training session with Torre and not looking forward to it.

Miriam's earned the title of Top Architectural Designer and been awarded the Keys to Midnight Hollow, a huge honor for her career.

But she and Ian get to be in the spotlight a bit longer as we have his bachelor party and their wedding coming up!

So dust off your top hats, tails, and formal gowns and join me for Chapter 129-- Fizzy Nectar and a Winter Wedding!
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2019, 10:18:47 AM »
Chapter 129-- Fizzy Nectar and a Winter Wedding!

After getting engaged, Ian popped the wish for a bachelor party.

So I checked around town, found a suitable establishment called Precarious Pub,  added a large TV, some games and a dance floor to make it a fun night time spot.

With the requisite professional juice bar installed and a mixologist hired, it's all set for a bachelor blast!

Ian schedules it for 7 pm and the guests start show up in dress to impress attire.

Father of the groom, Torre, in a fashionable black suit with popping red shirt and a sports cap, Jay Salas in his glowing yellow suit and white top hat, and Samuel in a crushed red velvet suit with crisp white shirt and matching red bow tie!
Screenshot-350.jpg

But Lucien Hyde outdoes them all with a fire engine red suit and top hat!

He's gone all out for the occasion and dances confidently to the stereo as Torre realizes he's been topped!

And Dean, wearing his wedding finery, is just looking for someone he can make fun of.
Screenshot-355.jpg

But all thoughts of dress wear go out the window as Dean honors his brother-in-law with a toast!

Ian's embarrassment is obvious to all with his hand over his face, as our Good Ian forgot all about Dean's Inappropriate trait when he asked his best friend to make the toast.

Apparently Dean's comment is pretty standard fare as the party dancer just smiles at Ian and gives him a wink!
Screenshot-366.jpg

And Torre's flattered when the best dressed guest, Lucien Hyde, asks him for his autograph.

I'm hoping there's a hot tub on the premises as well, otherwise I'm at a loss as to why this guy's in bathing trunks. And hoping it's not his underwear!
Screenshot-375.jpg

Ian heads to the bar and grabs a pizza for his guests.
Screenshot-380.jpg

Then he's joined by his father and Samuel who've come down for some drinks.
Screenshot-401.jpg

And to my surprise it's Jay Salas that starts the fizzy nectar flowing as he empties a bottle on Samuel!
Screenshot-407.jpg

Samuel returns the favor in kind, laughing as he covers Jay with the sticky wet stuff!

All in all it was a great party and they shut the place down at 4 in the morning!
Screenshot-410.jpg

Back at the house, Kimberly is sleeping peacefully.
Screenshot-450.jpg

As her twin spins into fairy form and tries out the fairy house.
Screenshot-447.jpg

When he gets home, Ian tells Miriam he had fun but that he missed her.

She smiles and they cuddle on the bed, both thinking about their big day tomorrow.
Screenshot-455.jpg

The wedding arch and chairs have been recolored using a gray print.

And there's a touch of frost on the ground.
Screenshot-461.jpg

Miriam and Ian stand under the arch, both looking very solemn as their breathe mingles in the cool morning air.

Miriam's off the shoulder gown is beautiful and I love her chignon twist with the band of flowers in her hair.

It may have been a chilly choice for a winter wedding but she makes a stunning bride!
Screenshot-468.jpg

The family and guests all gather together in various forms of attire.

The family maid has even put her duties on hold to watch the ceremony.
Screenshot-480.jpg

And as they repeat their vows to one another, light snow falls over the gathering, turning the ceremony into even more of a magical moment.

Ian: "I, Ian, solemnly swear to love, honor, protect, and cherish you, forsaking all others from this day forward. The journey you promised to join me in began when we were young and that journey continues today, the beginning of yet another adventure, another chapter in our lives. I promise we will write our story together as man and wife and it will be the greatest love story ever told."

Miriam: "I, Miriam, solemnly swear to love, honor, cherish, and obey you, forsaking all others from this day forward. I say obey as it's the hardest thing for me to do, give up my will for another. But my love is so strong for you and yours for me, that from the moment you promised to protect me when we were young, I promised to obey the one that holds my heart and I will do so 'til death do us part as I take thee for my husband."
Screenshot-494.jpg

After hearing such heartfelt vows, there's barely a dry face in the crowd.

Torre is struck by the words of his only son and the bride he has chosen, so much so that he can only clasp his hands to his heart and close his eyes.

Everleigh turns back and bestows a smile on her father, knowing how deeply these wedding promises have touched him.

Even the attending paparazzi has been moved to tears.
Screenshot-499.jpg

And in a flourish as extravagant as their vows, Ian dip kisses his bride, his wife.

Introducing, Mr. and Mrs. Ian Frio!
Screenshot-518.jpg

They cut the cake amidst cheers and tossed rose petals.

The expression on Miriam's face is one of such joy and happiness I capture it for posterity as I know she will need to look upon it from time to time to relive this moment.
Screenshot-526.jpg

But for our party girl the party's just getting started!

The couples all head inside to warm up and what better way to do that than dancing!

Per tradition, Ian and Miriam share the first dance.
Screenshot-542.jpg

Lorelei and Samuel join in.
Screenshot-546.jpg

And Torre and Lucy dance together happy in the knowledge that the last of their children has married, their only son, and given his heart to his soulmate.

And they smile as wishes for more grandchildren pop into their hearts!
Screenshot-547.jpg

With the festivities over, Tito Torre checks on his grandchildren and though they were still playing happily, he gives love and snuggles and gets them ready for bed.
Screenshot-577.jpg

As Everleigh leaves, I realize there's a promise I still have to fulfill.
Screenshot-568.jpg

Providing a new home for the Cole family!

It's late so we'll let them settle in and visit soon for some day time pictures of their new home.
Screenshot-582.jpg

And happily married, our newlyweds share a special moment together.

The first of many as husband and wife.

Dee *whispering* "Goodnight Mr. and Mrs. Frio. And may all The Watchers everywhere bless you with many, many more."
Screenshot-588.jpg

A smashing bachelor party and a spectacular winter wedding for Ian and Miriam!

Torre and Lucy have more grandchildren wishes and can't wait to see little Christa become a toddler, especially in her new home, so they'll be visiting soon.

But the heir twins have a birthday coming up too!

Busy with grandchildren, will Torre let Samuel off the hook for Martial Arts training?

Join me in Chapter 130-- Birthdays and Black Belts!
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2019, 02:53:29 PM »
Chapter 130-- Birthdays and Black Belts!

Lorelei cuddles Kimberly close when she finds her out on the side porch the next morning.

Lorelei: : "Aww, mommy's got you sweetie. Let's get you some breakfast to start the day off right."
Screenshot-2.jpg

And Kimberly gets her first meal in the high chair.

And what a meal it is, mommy's yummy grape pancakes!

Lorelei: "Well, I see that's put you in a good mood. Wait until your try your first piece of cake tonight!"

Kimberly: "Cake? Me cake! Me cake!"

Lorelei: "I'm glad to see someone excited about cake for a change! But these cakes will be special for you and Marshall's birthdays. I can't believe how fast the days have gone by little one."
Screenshot-11.jpg

The days have gone by fast and no one knows that better than Miriam as she's been frantically painting picture after picture to increase her skill.

With her and Ian married, she's anxious to max this skill and move into a home of their own nearby.

She's on her last skill point and her paintings have improved dramatically.

Besides maxing the skill she'd also love to paint a masterpiece.
Screenshot-14.jpg

While Miriam's busy painting, I go check out an announcement that was in the local news.

Lucien Hyde is the father of a bouncing baby boy named Rory.

I can't wait to see him as a toddler and see what parent he takes after!
Screenshot-23.jpg

The mother of his child, the lovely Odessa Winchester, wasn't really in the mood for pictures but we snapped a quick one anyway.

Looks like she's either got a stomach bug or another nooboo on the way!
Screenshot-3.jpg

Lorelei gets her last cuddles in with Marshall and then it's time for his birthday.

She kisses the top of his sweet head, inhaling his baby scent one last time.
Screenshot-38.jpg

But when it's cake time, it's Uncle Ian that does the honors!

Both of them have a big smile on their faces as they blow out his candles.
Screenshot-48.jpg

The look of love Ian bestows on his nephew is one of such wonder and joy that I just know he's going to make a great dad!

Miriam's look has me worried though. Until I realize it's some nut calling her for a date!

Miriam: *in a harsh tone* "Look, stop calling me! I just got married this week, I don't want to date anyone! No! Next week's not good either!"

The rest of the family cheers him on and wishes him a happy birthday.
Screenshot-55.jpg

And with a spin and a sparkle, he ages to child, gaining the Genius trait!

I just love how he looked off into the distance as if he was deep in thought.
Screenshot-63.jpg

Lita Lucy gets her last tickle time in with Kimberly just to hear her sweet toddler laughter.
Screenshot-45.jpg

And then Lorelei helps her blow out the candles as the family claps and cheers.

Even Marshall gets into the birthday spirit, though his pink shoes are nothing to cheer about!
Screenshot-79.jpg

And our Friendly, Evil toddler adds Loner to her traits!

And I'm not alone in my puzzlement over her outfit as both Samuel and Miriam looked perplexed too.

But Marshall can't hold back a laugh!
Screenshot-90.jpg

Before Kimberly notices either her outfit or her brother's laughter, I whisk her into Stylist where we choose a cute hairstyle with a pretty dark blue headband.

Then a dark blue velveteen dress with white tights and a white sweater with gold trim for her formal outfit.
Screenshot-92.jpg

For her winterwear, we choose a lovely store outfit and recolor it dark blue with white polka dots and trim, along with blue gloves and leggings.

It's so stylish I have a feeling that Tito Torre and Auntie Everleigh had a hand in picking this one out!
Screenshot-96.jpg

With Kimberly in more suitable sleepwear, a warm winter nightie with blue polka dots, the twins enjoy birthday cake.

And totally ignore their grandparents kissing nearby!

And what a kiss it is---looks like Torre and Lucy's relationship hasn't lost a bit of the love or romance!
Screenshot-98.jpg

Once he's done eating cake and so helpfully cleaned up his plate, I hurry to get rid of the pink shoes!

For Marshall's every day outfit, I happily let him pick out more masculine footwear and clothes in his favorite green.
Screenshot-99.jpg

Then he heads for the nursery  to play on his bronco rider.
Screenshot-111.jpg

Then it's off to bed for the twins, in bunk beds brought out of storage and re-colored to match both of their favorites in a cute patchwork print.

Kimberly sleeps soundly but Marshall dreams of computers.

Maybe hoping to use one in school tomorrow or wanting to play chess now that he has the Genius trait?
Screenshot-115.jpg

Or maybe because he saw his dad finishing up an article for work.

Samuel's come a long way in their 3 weeks here in MH.

He's no wet-behind-the-ears reporter anymore, but a full fledged member of the staff.
Screenshot-107.jpg

But with the article finished and Tuesday morning being Samuel's first day off since Torre's mention of Martial Arts training, Ian keeps his promise to help him build up some endurance and athletic skill with some intensive training.

And by the strained look on Samuel's face, it doesn't look like Ian's taking it easy either!

Ian *forcefully* "Push with those legs, pull with your arms! Put your back into it, and everything else!"

Samuel would have liked to have told him to cut the commentary, but he was so focused on his muscles screaming with pain that he didn't have the strength for words!
Screenshot-122.jpg

Early the next morning, Torre meets Samuel bright and early on the sunporch for his first lesson.

Torre shows him a  few beginner stances and moves and then stands by as Samuel executes them.

By the look on his face, I don't think he's impressed.

Torre *thinking* "Boy, this is going to take some training!*

Samuel *thinking* "This isn't anything like working out! I feel like an idiot!"

Torre *encouraging him* "It doesn't feel natural at first, especially since you're not Disciplined but trust me, you'll get the hang of it." *thinking* I hope.*
Screenshot-163.jpg

And with Torre's instruction and some perseverance on Samuel's part, he earns his first belt!

Samuel *excited* "Wow, I did it! And it was actually fun! Well, after the training dummy stopped hitting me."
Screenshot-166.jpg

Then Torre can really help him with a sparring lesson.

Torre *seeing Samuel's hand come up* "That's it, block, block, strike!"

Since these two have finally found a rhythm and Samuel no longer looks like he's being tortured, I check on the rest of the household.
Screenshot-183.jpg

The twins are busy playing with the blocks table as they chat about money.

Money? Let's see what they're talking about.

Marshall *concerned* "I know we have lots of it now, but what if we lost all of our money?! What would we do?"

Kimberly *thoughtfully* "Get some, steal it if we have to! There's always Sims willing to part with it, one way or another! And you can be my lookout man, since you're Brave."

Marshall: "Oh, I guess I could. Maybe even riding a real horse!"
Screenshot-132.jpg

I'm wondering where this conversation is going but luckily they hear the bus, change into school clothes, and head off to their first day of school.

They both look a little nervous sitting together in the front seat but I'm just relieved that their money conversation got interrupted.

Dee *encouragingly* "Have a great first day you two!"

Marshall *looking worried* "Um, I think I left the water running in the bathroom sink!"

Kimberly *anxiously* "I want to meet a new friend Watcher, but there'll be so many Sims!"

Dee: "I'll take care of the sink Marshall, and don't think of them as a crowd Kimberly, just focus on one sim at a time. You'll both do fine. We haven't lost a child the first day of school yet!"

Marshall *nervously* "What if I'm the first!?!" *then seeing his sister's face, he bravely says * "It's okay Kimberly, we'll stick together. Together we can do anything!"
Screenshot-153.jpg

Miriam and Ian are finishing up last minute tasks before they move out.

Samuel's had his first Martial Arts lesson with Torre and survived!

And the heir twins became children and are off to their first day of school.

But with Marshall being a Neurotic, Brave, Genius, and Kimberly an Evil, Friendly, Loner, I'm really not sure what to expect!

Should I be happy about Marshall's brave words to his sister, or very, very, worried?!?

Those six traits individually might be something anyone could handle, but the six of them together?

I'm not sure even my Watcher skills will be up for this challenge!

Join me in Chapter 131-- Completing Tasks and Moving Out
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2019, 02:29:38 PM »
Chapter 131-- Completing Tasks and Moving Out

After the twins head off to school, I see Miriam's joy and happiness from her wedding already overtaken by her usual grumpy self.

Dee: "Wow, your smiley face didn't last long!"

Miriam *grumpily* "No, I still haven't mastered painting yet! So what is there to smile about?!"

Dee: "Well, then instead of making faces you better get to it!"
Screenshot-8.jpg

And she does!

I think she even has a smile on her face as she realizes she'll max the skill with this painting!

Miriam: "I think this one will do it Watcher! But I still have time to fulfill some more wants before I leave, especially since Ian's still working on completing his write 25 books want."

Dee *surprised* "He's close to 25 already?! Wow, choosing Sports books was a good genre for him. He writes them super fast. But what else did you want to do?"

Miriam: "As soon as I finish this painting and max the skill, I'll show you."
Screenshot-173.jpg

And she does! For a couch potato, she's been on the move all day.

First maxing her painting, then she heads upstairs to the top floor and starts fixing the wall-mounted speakers.

Miriam *grumpily* "These have been annoying everyone for ages and I promised myself I'd fix them before I left."

And to my amazement, she fixes all three speakers without getting shocked even once!

Lorelei *happily* "Oh, thank you, that's so much better Mir! The noise was quite aggravating, so I turned them off, but just knowing they were broken is so irritating. And the Watcher won't let the rest of us touch anything electric. Not after Mom got electrified that one time. I'm not sure what we're going to do after you and Ian leave."

Miriam *firmly* "Hire a repairman! The Watcher's right. None of you should touch electrical appliances until you have plenty of skill."

I'm so shocked by Miriam's praise I don't say a word.

Miriam *snarky* "Cat got your tongue Watcher?!"

I don't even deign to reply to that but I can hear her chuckling.

And if I'm not mistaken, Lorelei couldn't hold back a smile either!
Screenshot-208.jpg

Dee: "Miriam! What are you doing at Everleigh and Dean's house?"

Miriam: "Another last minute task Watcher. I promised Everleigh I'd help with some design ideas. Nothing drastic, but just to pull everything together. She's got a great eye for design."

Everleigh: "Oh, Miriam, I have to run out for a bit. Just chat with Dean and see what his preferences are. I don't think he'll care really, but you can ask him."
Screenshot-215.jpg

But as Miriam passes Leighton on the front steps, I stop in shock.

Leighton is playing with an IF doll!

I've never seen a child from an inactive family have one before.

Then it hits me.

Dean's got IF genes and even though he didn't pass them on to his son, it 's to be expected his parents would send their first grandchild an IF doll!***
Screenshot-217.jpg

Miriam eagerly shows Dean her portfolio and designs.

He looks at all of Miriam's swatches and says, "I really don't care about the colors Mir. I just want a place to work out, stay in shape. Whatever colors you and Everleigh pick are fine with me. Oh, make that GUY colors! No pink, yellow, or purple. I do like deep burgundies though, like Spiceberry."

Miriam *wryly* "I thought you said you didn't care about the color!?"

Dean *laughing* "I wouldn't be Inappropriate if I didn't! Unless you'd rather I hit on you instead?"

Miriam *backing off* "Nope, Spiceberry it is. No pink, yellow, purple, or flirting!"
Screenshot-227.jpg

Since being in the house alone with Dean and only his young children makes Miriam uncomfortable, she's more than grateful to see Ian and her in-laws arrive for Christa's birthday!

Never one to miss a party, she joins in with enthusiasm swinging a noise maker wildly.
Screenshot-252.jpg

Since Leighton got the Frio auburn hair, I'm hoping little Christa will get Lucy's, Dean's, Seymore's or Everleigh's blonde, or a mix of those.

But when Tito Torre picks her up, I'm not quite sure what color it is, but it's not blonde.
Screenshot-263.jpg

I quickly check in Stylist and find out her hair's a light brown.

Base, roots, highlights, tips, all the same light brown.

Since we're in there, we pick out a warmer winter outfit and give her some shoes and hairbows to match.

Blonde or not, she's a cutie.
Screenshot-267.jpg

After a bottle, Torre and Lucy start some intensive toddler training with their youngest grandchildren.

Lucy teaching Leighton how to walk as Torre focuses on Christa's verbal skills.

And seeing the topic he's chosen to start with, I think I know where poor Marshall got his money worries from!

But Everleigh doesn't seem to be concerned, just happy to have her parents help with two toddlers in the house now, as she chats with her brother.

And this family picture really highlights the beautiful pink wings that Mémé Sophie brought into the Frio family as all five fairies have those same exquisite wings.

Torre passing them on to both Ian and Everleigh and Everleigh in turn passing them on to both her children, Leighton and Christa.
Screenshot-285.jpg

Back at the Frio house, Kimberly's wish to see a ghost is fulfilled when Adam floats through the sunporch.

She claps happily at his appearance but wasn't quite brave enough to introduce herself, preferring to spend some time alone.
Screenshot-291.jpg

And I find our two couch potatoes happily watching television.

Well, Lorelei's happy anyway.

Miriam is complaining as usual: "How come you pick everything up so fast? I don't feel like I'm learning a thing! It's all Greek to me!"

That's when I notice Miriam doesn't have a skill bar over her head.

I check her skills panel and sure enough, she's got 3 points in Athletic, 6 points in Handiness, and she's maxed Painting. 

But nothing else.

If she's going to be on her own with Ian soon, she definitely needs a few cooking points, even with the Hardly Hungry LTR.
Screenshot-338.jpg

So I have her start reading a Cooking book.

But it doesn't make her any happier.

Miriam *reading the book* "It was more fun watching Cookin' Cable!"

Dee *patiently explaining* "And once you earn a skill point, you can go back to doing that, but without a point, it's just like you said, 'it's all Greek', and you don't learn anything."

Miriam grumbles something too low for me to hear, but she keeps reading.
Screenshot-354.jpg

With Lorelei busy trying to earn her last Cooking skill point, ghostly Rae tries her own hand in the kitchen.

I can't remember if she had any cooking skill points when she was alive, so this makes me a bit nervous.
Screenshot-332.jpg

But to my amazement, she makes a Perfect batch of cookies and grabs a plate of them to munch on!

Happily enjoying her snack as Ian works on his last book.

He wants to write 25 novels and he's almost reached his goal.

Being Disciplined, that doesn't surprise me, but having him pop so many wishes for writing books did.

He would finish one and pop a wish to start another immediately.

As well as popping wishes to earn specific simoleans in royalties.

As a result, he's not only earned Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry, Meditative Trance Sleep, but Acclaimed Author, along with quite a few other smaller rewards.

As a born-in-game Sim he's earned a lot of happiness points which means his parents, grandparents and I have done a good job on raising him!
Screenshot-337.jpg

Back at the Cole residence, Torre and Lucy have switched toddlers with Torre focusing on teaching Leighton to talk as Lucy encourages Christa to walk.

Torre's choice of words always puzzles me but I guess toothbrush isn't so bad.

Until I listen in on what he's actually saying!

Torre *enthusiastically* "Now you can fairy trap a mailbox or a sink, or even a toilet, but we haven't figured out how to fairy trap a toothbrush just yet! Maybe…"

Dee *interrupting* "Torre! Isn't it a bit inappropriate to be teaching him about fairy trapping objects?"

Torre *all excited* "Not at all Watcher! It's part of his genetic inheritance. He has these special abilities, so it's best to know how to use them. And when not to." *focusing back on Leighton* "NEVER do these things to those less fortunate, those that can't play tricks back. Of course, fairy siblings make the best targets! But be prepared for your sister to use the same tricks or better ones on you. It's all part of fairy fun! But if you can't take it, then don't dish it out!"

I'm still thinking the conversation may be above poor Leighton's understanding but the advice is sound, even if it's a bit premature.
Screenshot-327.jpg

But it's getting late so Lucy brings out the walker to give Christa a boost in learning her skill.

They kiss the twins goodbye, promising to visit another day, and head off home.
Screenshot-348.jpg

The next day Ian tells Lucy he's achieved his goal and just submitted his 25th book to his publisher.

Ian: "It wasn't an easy task Mom! But I just followed your example, dad's too, kept my nose to the grindstone and fulfilled my wishes!"

Lucy *happy but with tears* "I'm so proud of you Ian! Completing your LTW and your career goals as a writer too! But that means…."

Ian *a bit sadly* "Yes, mom it's time for me and Miriam to find a place of our own. Past time actually, the Watcher allowed us to fulfill a lot of our dreams here. But to fulfill the next ones, we have to have our own place."

Lucy *a small smile* "Dare I hope it involves children?"

Ian *smiling back* "I wouldn't want to be the one to squash your hopes mom!"
Screenshot-359.jpg

But their departure is delayed when the computer on the main floor starts spewing smoke!

But Miriam grabs a screwdriver, and says: "I've got this Ian! Go relax a bit while I take care of it."
Screenshot-371.jpg

So Ian heads outside to enjoy the winter day.

He makes a snowman, a lovely classic snowman with no evil grin or resemblance to Grim.
Screenshot-377.jpg

Then he grabs the mail and donates to charity, which always gives him a boost.

Ian *thinking* This is the last time I'll be grabbing mail from the family mailbox. The next time it'll be from the mailbox at my own home!*

He donates all his books to the family so generations from now other Frios in other towns can read them.

And with that thought of generations, he realizes he and Miriam, being in an empty home of their own, will get to start their own family very, very soon.

He knows that will make his parents happy, having more grandchildren, but he realizes it's something he wants as well.

Children of his own to snuggle, to share with Miriam, to pass on the love and knowledge his parents and grandparents gave him to his own children.
Screenshot-380.jpg

Bursting with happiness, Ian rushes back inside, sits at the recently repaired computer and finds the perfect home.
Screenshot-381.jpg

Torre and Lucy stop by to visit and the house is so cute from the outside.

Covered in new fallen snow and looking picture postcard perfect.

It's called Historic House and is located at 48 Breach Bend, right next door to Everleigh and Dean!
Screenshot-308.jpg

They bring housewarming gifts as well.

Torre helps Ian break in his new martial arts equipment.

The house isn't big enough to boast an exercise room inside so the weight bench has a spot on the 2nd story balcony on the opposite end of the house.

But since Ian Loves the Cold, he's just thrilled to have all the equipment, no matter where it's placed.

And it looks like the paparazzi, Marvin Craft and a new member to the team, have already located a new Celebrity home.
Screenshot-323.jpg

Lucy helped Miriam rearrange the living room to accommodate her drafting table as well as a new TV.

They relocated the desk and computer to the entry way.

Then they sit and chat watching a show.
Screenshot-325.jpg

Ian and Miriam moved to a beautiful new home and are hoping to start a family soon.

Without them will the main Frio home feel empty?

Well, with the twins in school making new friends and Snowflake Day coming up, probably not!

Let's see who they meet in Chapter 132-- First Friends in MH
Coming soon.

***Author's Note: I checked into the IF doll's being received by toddlers in inactive families and it seems that it's possible if you evict sims out of their homes, use Nraas MC Instant baby, or add a family with a toddler or an infant into your game from the library. My understanding is that the MC Instant baby route no longer does so automatically unless you change settings from the default 0.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
Chapter 132-- First Friends in MH

The twins have only gone to school for two days, but with Thursday being Snowflake Day, Kimberly gets permission to have her first slumber party!

She calls and invites the three children that she and Marshall met at school.
Screenshot-383.jpg

The first guest, Antony Salas, floats quickly into the nursery where Lucy's chatting with Marshall.

Lucy: "I'm so glad you two are trying to make friends already. I was surprised it was Kimberly wanting to have a slumber party, but I guess that was prompted by her Friendly trait, and not her Loner one."

Marshall: "Yes, I just hope…" *spotting a familiar yellow form* "Oh, there's Antony now!"

Lucy: "Oh, well you kids have fun!"
Screenshot-390.jpg

But before Marshall can talk to Antony, Kimberly welcomes him!

I guess she's taking her duties as hostess seriously.

Kimberly: "I'm glad you could come tonight Antony. Marshall and I were talking about money earlier this week and I'm planning on putting together a small gang in case we ever need to make some quickly. Interested?"

Antony *stares at her in shock*

Dee *interrupting* "Kimberly! I don't think recruiting for a gang is appropriate at your age! Or any age really!"

Kimberly *shrugs*  "If you say so Watcher. Just trying to have a back up plan."

Antony *looking around* "Umm, who are you talking to Kimberly?"

Kimberly *offhand* "Oh, that's just our Watcher. You'll get used to her. She hangs around a lot!"

Antony: "Is she invisible?"

Kimberly *thoughtfully* "Well, I guess so. I've never seen her anyway. I don't think she really exists in our world. I guess I should find about that sometime. But tonight's for fun! What would you like to do?"
Screenshot-391.jpg

Since Kimberly was busy with Antony, Marshall chats with Dahlia Ziggfield, oldest child of original residents David and Alia Ziggfield.

Marshall: "I like gym class, but my favorite is math, everything is just so logical."

Before Dahlia can respond the doorbell rings and they head to the entryway to see who it is.
Screenshot-396.jpg

But it's Lorelei that greets the new visitors and she makes the mistake of inviting everyone in, which means Marvin Craft, paparazzi, breezes on in too!

Lorelei was more interested in meeting Samuel's young friend Sandra, especially since she's been hearing about her since they've moved in.

And after chatting with her for a bit, and seeing how friendly and level-headed the teen is she says: "Samuel recently got us tickets to a show and I'd love for my parents to join us, but I don't think the children are old enough to be left on their own yet, especially at night. Would you be interested in babysitting some time? Antony would be more than welcome to visit that night, and your sister Frieda too."

Sandra: "Thank you so much for the opportunity Mrs. Frio, but with school, after school activities, and my boyfriend, I'm pretty busy these days. But I'm sure my sister Frieda would love it. She's eager to make some pocket money."

Lorelei *relieved that Sandra's crush on Samuel is over* "Oh, I thought Frieda was in grade school with the twins?"

Sandra: "She had her birthday last night so she's a teen now. She was disappointed at the timing as she was hoping to come to the slumber party the kids were talking about at school."

Lorelei: "Oh, well, I'll have to get in touch with her then. It was great meeting you finally Sandra. Samuel's spoken of your whole family so highly, we should have invited you over a long time ago."
Screenshot-399.jpg

And as the conversation continues, with Sandra chatting about how silly boys can be sometimes, and some of the antics they get up to, Lorelei realizes that Samuel is right.

This girl really is special.

Even her gossip is all in fun, never mean-spirited.

She really is a delight to get to know.
Screenshot-406.jpg

Meanwhile Marshall is playing dominoes with Dahlia and Josiah Doe, one of Joseph's younger brothers.

And they're all ignoring the paparazzi that's wandered upstairs.
Screenshot-403.jpg

And Kimberly's challenged Antony to a game of chess.

For a couple of reasons.

First, because I want them to get to know each other better.

Secondly, because I took pity on her being uncomfortable with all the guests in the house.
Screenshot-404.jpg

Then Sandra seals the deal with Lorelei as she starts chatting about cooking!

Sandra: "I hear your crepes are incredible Mrs. Frio! Have you ever turned your hand to Key Lime Pie? It's one of my favorites and I'd love to hear your cooking tips."

Lorelei *smiling* "Please, call me Lorelei. Mrs. Frio is my mother! I'd love to share cooking tips and recipes with you. But speaking of food, let's head to the kitchen and get some ready for this crowd."
Screenshot-407.jpg

And it is a bit crowded in the kitchen once Lorelei and Sandra get a meal together.

Turns out when Samuel found out that Antony and Josiah were coming over for the slumber party, he realized he'd been a bit lax on his host duties and invited the rest of the Salas and Doe families.

Jane was the only Doe free to accept the invitation.

All the Salas' show up except Frieda, who had an after school activity.

Tatiana Salas compliments Lorelei on the spaghetti telling her it's so far above what they serve at the mess hall they shouldn't have the same name.

And Jay and Antony dig in eagerly, adding their compliments as well.

Lorelei's thoughts are on the wonderful man she married as she realizes they would probably never have met this amazing family or any of the other unique residents of MH without Samuel's eagerness to follow his dreams.
Screenshot-411.jpg

But soon it's time for the slumber party guests to hit the hay.

Or in this case, the kitchen floor.

With poor Dahlia trying to sleep next to an ever growing puddle!

Samuel's doing his best to fix the sink  but Torre can't mop up the puddle with Dahlia sleeping so close.
Screenshot-418.jpg

And as if the flowing water isn't enough, Jared can't resist a party, or breaking one up!

And Jay Salas shocks me as he answers the kitchen wall phone!

I never even knew a guest could do that and with everyone having cell phones, I'd forgotten it was even there.

But sure, why not ring and disturb all the sleeping children?

Like Jared's not enough.
Screenshot-422.jpg

Sure enough, between Jared and the phone, everyone wakes up.

So Samuel decides to tell a ghost story.

Sandra and Marshall are soon enthralled with the tale and Josiah and Tatiana eagerly joining them.

Torre's making a face at one of Miriam's sketches on the wall. I guess he just noticed it!

Lucky for Miriam she's living down the road and doesn't have to see her father-in-law's displeasure.
Screenshot-426.jpg

Then it is bedtime again.

This time with the children bedding down in the nursery.

Antony Salas quickly falls asleep, but young Kimberly watches him thoughtfully.

Kimberly *thinking* If daddy hadn't come here to do a story on the Salas family, I would never have met Antony. My first friend. The world sure does work in mysterious ways!"
Screenshot-433.jpg

Very early the next morning, all their guests gather on the front porch and say their goodbyes.

The children thank them for a wonderful party, with all three of them having a good time.

Tatiana looks like she wants to try out a rocker, but with Jared over there, she's having second thoughts.
Screenshot-437.jpg

With the house empty of guests, I find Lorelei and Samuel sharing a romantic moment.

Lorelei *squeezing him tight* "You were right Samuel, such a special family. But I think it's you that's extra special. Let me show you just how much!"

And she does!
Screenshot-443.jpg

On Snowflake Day I find Marshall eating fruit parfait for breakfast.

Marshall: "Tito Torre said we were all invited to a feast party at Mr. Finley's house to celebrate Snowflake Day, so I'm just having a quick snack. I might not like the food there."

Dee: "Whatever makes you comfortable Marshall. But you're Brave so you should like trying new foods."

Marshall: "Oh, I do Watcher, it's not his food really. His sink could be dirty! Or the stove could be unsafe! Maybe we'd better not go!"

Dee *reassuringly* "It will be fine Marshall. You really don't want to miss a Snowflake Day Feast party do you?"

Marshall: "Not really. But who will watch over things here?"

Dee: "That's my job Marshall! Now you go get ready."
Screenshot-447.jpg

And Samuel and Kimberly play a game of chess on the otherwise empty sunporch.

It's one of her favorite past times.

Not that's she's interested in logic so much but it's usual a quiet spot, which soothes her Loner soul.

And she wanted to play a game with her dad. So sweet.

So far I've not seen much of her Evil side. I hope it stays that way!
Screenshot-446.jpg

Then it's time for the Feast Party at Conrad Finley's, one of Miriam's earliest reno jobs was giving him a pool.

Just as I'm thinking that, when everyone gets there, they all change into swim wear!

For Snowflake Day!

Marshall wasn't all that hungry or brave enough to try a nutrition cube, the latest rage in a future town, so he sat down to work on his homework.

Torre smiles at his genius grandson and heads off to check out the music upstairs.

And we meet recluse Eliza Ainsley for the first time along with grandmother, Clarice Prince.
Screenshot-455.jpg

Upstairs we find that Ian and Miriam were invited to the party too!

And we meet guys from the Sombre household with Hyun-Moon Sung playing guitar, and Jin Sang Kim chatting with Lucy as they are co-workers.
Screenshot-461.jpg

And I find Lorelei watching Cookin' Cable on the big screen TV.

Dee: "Don't you want to socialize and get to know some of your other neighbors?"

Lorelei: "There'll be time for that later Watcher. Right now I need to max cooking and I'm sooo close!"
Screenshot-463.jpg

Everyone has a good time at their very first family outing, except for Kimberly.

Her Loner trait was so overcome by the crowd she couldn't even say hello to anyone or try to make friends.

But she did get her homework almost done so she sits down at the kitchen table to finish it up.

Kimberly: "I'm quite happy here on my own Watcher. I should have known better than to go to a party. With Sims. Lots of Sims."

I let her be as I feel she's endured enough for one day.
Screenshot-11.jpg

Then I see Lorelei chatting with her mother.

Lorelei *excitedly* "I'm so close to maxing my cooking mom! I just need like half a second more of Cookin' Cable and it'll be complete!"

Lucy: *eyeing her daughter closely and thinking of grandchildren* "That's great sweetheart. I think I'm going to give Ian and Miriam a call. Why don't you sit down and watch your show?"
Screenshot-13.jpg

But before she does that, Lorelei heads to the bathroom to shower and change.

I leave her to it as I'm sure she can manage that on her own.

Until I hear her screaming!

Dee *frantically searching for a burglar, Grim, a reason for scaring me to death* "What's wrong!!!???"

Lorelei *arms waving wildly and cheering* "I just threw up!"

Dee *with a look* "That's not usually something to scream about. It was probably the nutrition cubes."

Lorelei: "It wasn't a terrified scream Watcher, but a happy one."

Dee: "Happy? After throwing up?" *checks Lorelei's traits again, nope no Insane or Unstable*

Lorelei: "You'll figure it out soon enough Watcher. I think mom already suspects. Time to max that skill!"
Screenshot-279.jpg

But before she can settle on the couch, she twirls into maternity sleepwear as Torre sits down to read a book.

Dee *staring in amazement and stuttering* "But, but, the kids just started school and you've never wished for more children!"

Lorelei *giving her tummy a motherly rub* "Look again Watcher!"

When I check her wishes, not only is there 'have a child with Samuel', but also 'have a boy'.

And when I check Samuel's wishes, he has "have a girl'.

Oh boy!!!

Or girl!!!

But with two spaces in the house and after checking Lorelei's rewards and seeing 'fertility treatment', I know there's no reason to doubt it.

She's probably going to have twins! Again.
Screenshot-38.jpg

The twins had a great first slumber party, and Kimberly made her first friend, Antony Salas.

Then the family went on their first family outing, a Feast Party to celebrate Snowflake Day.

But Lorelei's surprise pregnancy tops the day as the best Snowflake Day present! Ever!

At least her and Samuel think so.

But which one will get their wish?

Will it be a boy? A girl? Or more than one?

Let's find out in Chapter 133-- Nooboos Anyone?
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2019, 05:47:07 PM »
Chapter 133-- Nooboos Anyone?

I'd thought all the guests had left from last evenings party but then Tatiana comes floating into the nursery and heads straight for Rae.

I'm wondering how these two are going to react to one another.

But then I notice Tatiana's shape----looks like Lorelei's not the only having another nooboo!

Is Tatiana sharing her pregnancy news?
Screenshot-23.jpg

No, she's asking Rae for her autograph!

And Rae doesn't disappoint her but happily gives her one as Tatiana clenches her hands in glee at her luck in attaining it.
Screenshot-25.jpg

But then she gets something I find even more surprising.

Rae's friendship!

I don't think these two have ever met before so it almost brings tears to my eyes to see two ghosts, on different planes of existence, accept each other!

Tatiana wards her off, Rae tries not to throw up, but they become friends despite those ingrained habits.

Tatiana: "It's not you but dying of old age---how awful!"

Rae: "Electrocuted??? --- You smell terrible!"

It may not be the perfect start to a friendship, but it's still a start.

The barriers are breaking down, little by little, all thanks to Samuel.
Screenshot-27.jpg

Dee: "What are doing? Oh wow, the TV's off! Why?"

Lorelei *focused on her book* "I maxed my cooking skill, so I don't need it right now. And I'm reading a new recipe. I've got some maternity leave and I'm not going to waste it. I want to read all the recipes mom bought me."

Dee: "How did Samuel take the baby news?"

Lorelei: "He had to rush off to do the morning news and he didn't want to disturb my rest so he left a loving note on my pillow." *pointedly*  "HE knows when to leave someone alone."

Dee: "Point taken."
Screenshot-56.jpg

Lucy has some time before work, so she leaves a little early and goes to the toy store Miriam told us about.

And in daylight the carousel is amazing and the nutcrackers don't look quite as creepy as the dolls did.
Screenshot-44.jpg

And the inside is out of a storybook with all the amazing toys!

Lucy can't make up her mind what to buy for her grandchildren, so she gets several items.

A drum, a clown-in-a-box and a teddy bear.

She wants to shop some more, but it's time to head for work so she'll to stop in again another time.
Screenshot-51.jpg

Back at the house, Samuel's home from work and I find him with Lorelei!

Samuel *with a big grin* "Oh, it's definitely noticeable now. What did the doctor say?"

Lorelei *smiling* "He wouldn't commit to anything, but he thought he heard two heartbeats! They won't know for sure unless they do an ultrasound. But as long as I'm healthy, they won't have to do that. Unless we want to know the baby's gender. Babies maybe!"

Samuel *his grin growing bigger as he rubs her tummy* "I'd rather be surprised! And we have a boy and a girl already, so it really doesn't matter. We'll love them no matter what!"

Lorelei *her eyes glistening* "Oh, that parts definitely true Mr. Frio! No shortage of love for any of our children."
Screenshot-111.jpg

The twins are home from school and Marshall's getting homework out of the way so he can enjoy the weekend.

Kimberly's having a snack and talking about money again.

I have never seen so many discussions about money as with Torre and this generation.

But it's not money so much as careers that Kimberly's focused on now.

Kimberly: "Well, you want to get a job that pays a lot of Simoleons don't you?"

Marshall *shocked by her question* "I don't know. I never thought about it. We just started school."

Kimberly *rolling her eyes* "And they say you're the genius! Well, I sure want something that pays well, and hopefully not around a lot of people. Maybe writing or fishing? Something where I can avoid a crowd."

Marshall *thoughtfully* "Not me. I like math and science, especially experiments that are dangerous! Well, as long as they don't involve a sink or a stove. Gosh, it's harder than I thought to come up with the perfect job. But we've got some time to think about it. Maybe our other traits will make the decision easier."

Kimberly *not able to be upset with her twin for long* "Yeah, I guess you're right about that. Our next two traits could change everything."

Marshall *smiling* "Not everything. We'll always stick together. Together we can do anything."
Screenshot-59.jpg

Just as he's finishing up his homework, Dahlia comes in and starts hers.

Dahlia: "Mind if I join you? You always get such good marks in class, and I could really use some help with my math. Numbers don't make much sense to me. Well, nothing does really. It all gets so mixed up in me head."

Marshall: "Just let me finish this last one and I'll help you figure it out."
Screenshot-67.jpg

So when Kimberly comes in, Dahlia's already done with hers.

Kimberly: "I thought we were going to do homework together? How did you finish so fast?"

Dahlia *smiling* "Marshall helped me and he really is a genius! He showed me some tricks to remember things and I think I even understood what he was talking about. For the first time ever! It was so much easier. You're really lucky to have such a great brother Kimberly!"

Kimberly: "I am. I've always though Marshall was great. I just didn't realize you did. Let me get my homework done so we can go play. Do you want to stay over this weekend? It's Friday night, so we'd have two whole days before school."

Dahlia: "That would be so much fun! I'll go call my mom and ask. She'll probably say it's okay. She's been real busy lately with my sister, Gayle, and our new baby brother, Nathanael. Oh, I noticed your mom's going to have a baby too? Are you excited to be a big sister?"

Kimberly: "I haven't really thought about it. I did notice mom looked bigger. But, a baby? I'll be someone's big sister! That could be kind of cool. But it will mean another person in the house. I don't like crowds. But it would be nice having another friend. Gosh, it's so hard being torn between my traits. Oh, I could steal the baby's candy! Oh no! Another choice!"

Dahlia doesn't seem to mind Kimberly's rambling at all. In fact, she just nods like it all makes sense.

And it probably does. To her. And to me if I'm being completely honest!
Screenshot-72.jpg

After Lucy gets home from work, she invites Miriam over for a visit.

She greets her on the sunporch and immediately smiles as she sees Miriam's tummy.

Another grandboo!

She can't resist talking to expected nooboos.
Screenshot-138.jpg

Lucy sends Lorelei out to chat with Miriam and both girls smile broadly when they see the others condition!

Lorelei: "Oh, the baby mat you made and let us keep is in the nursery, but I think you're going to need one now too."

Miriam *moaning* "If I make it that far! How on earth did you stand this? My back is killing me!"

Lorelei *wryly* "That part doesn't get better, just worse! Even a trip to the spa doesn't work for long. It helps but the best thing is just relaxing. A rocker is the best. And naps. Lots of naps! How far along are you anyway?"

Miriam: "Well, the doctor's not so sure about that. She seems to think I'm bigger than I should be. Ian's not a twin, but you had twins. And twins do run in the Frio family don't they?"

Lorelei *not wanting to upset her so she answers slowly* "Yes, dad's a twin. And Glamma Carly was a twin. But…"

Miriam *growing alarmed* "But what? Just spit it out! Is it something bad?"

Lorelei *swallowing, and then saying in a rush*  "No, not bad. It's just, well, her dad, our great-grandfather, he was one of triplets!"

Miriam, to her credit, neither screams nor faints.

She just stares at Lorelei in shock with the word triplets echoing in her head like a drumbeat, sounding out her impending doom!
Screenshot-82.jpg

Lucy checks on the girls in the nursery as they've chosen to sleep in the bunkbeds.

She offers to read them a bed time story and the girls eagerly accept.

So Lucy sits on the bottom bunk with Kimberly while Dahlia listens from the top bunk.

Lucy reads a very traditional bed time story starting with…"Once upon a time, in a kingdom, far, far, away…"

And the girls are fast asleep way before she gets to the "happily ever after" ending.
Screenshot-102.jpg

The next morning the children are up bright and early.

With Marshall chasing after bandits I guess it would be hard not to be awake!

But it's Kimberly that surprises me with a hug for her new best friend!
Screenshot-168.jpg

Later that day, she asks Dahlia to go outside and play in the snow.
Screenshot-172.jpg

Kimberly and Dahlia happily play outside in the snow all afternoon, until dark.

They wanted to build a snowman but couldn't seem to find an open space that was flat enough.
Screenshot-79.jpg

So they built an igloo instead.

Dee: "Wait. What??? It's not flat enough for a snowman but there's space for an igloo ten times the size of a snowman?"

Kimberly *shrugging and making another snow brick* "I don't make the rules Watcher. Seems crazy to me too!"

But Dahlia's not fazed at all and starts explaining how it works.

Dahlia *making brick after brick* "You see it's all about physics. The square bricks are heavy and can flatten out a space but a snowman uses 3 round balls, in consecutively smaller sizes, so it's just not heavy enough to make a flat space."
Screenshot-179.jpg

Kimberly and I just stare at her as Dahlia places the last brick. Way over her head.

Kimberly: "You know Watcher, I hate to say this, but that actually makes sense!"

Dee *frowning* "It does Kimberly. It does. And that scares me more than anything!"

Dahlia: "I'm not scary Watcher. Really. Just a little crazy. But nice crazy, not bad crazy. That's what my parents say anyway."

I'm shocked that Dahlia didn't even hesitate to talk to me.

And I realize why. Dahlia is Insane.

And would fit into the family perfectly! She's not only Kimberly's best friend but she's a good friend of Marshall's too!
Screenshot-181.jpg

Inside, Samuel can't resist listening to Lorelei's tummy, which looks bigger than ever.

And Adam pops out just in time to catch the expectant couple cooing over their coming child.
Screenshot-192.jpg

But Adam's not the only ghost popping out tonight, Claire's out too and being chatted to by Dahlia.

If I hadn't realized it before, this would have clinched it for me.

Dahlia doesn't wave her hands in disgust, or retch or anything, just goes boldly up to Claire and starts chatting away.

Claire is so startled that she just listens to the little girls ramblings, happy to have someone to talk to.
Screenshot-154.jpg

And Torre can't resist getting in on the baby-to-be love fest either.

But as he chats away about teddy bears, he feels a distinctive jump in Lorelei's belly.
Screenshot-225.jpg

And as Samuel rushes to her side, both men start frantically waving their arms in the air and screaming!
Screenshot-237.jpg

But as babies take their own sweet time, most of the family's gathered in the kitchen listening to Lucy play guitar.

She always plays music when she's nervous, so her newest granddaughter arrives listening to a rocking drum solo.

Welcome to fairyboo, Lucinda, who's Disciplined and Hates the Outdoors.

Another fairy who Hates the Outdoors. On the plus side, the martial arts equipment is on the enclosed sunporch.
Screenshot-280.jpg

Lorelei heads straight for the nursery and places Lucinda on the baby mat*** first thing!

Awww, how cute.

Then she delivers Lucinda's twin brother, Lucas!

A human who Hates the Outdoors just like his twin but gets the Good trait, just like his Uncle Ian.
Screenshot-291.jpg

And when it rains it pours! But not cats and dogs, today it's raining nooboos!

A frantic call from Ian has Lucy and Torre racing down the road to meet another grandchild.

Make that grandsons!

Who were actually born moments before Lorelei's youngest twins.

Torre feeds human Ryan, who Hates the Outdoors like his new cousins, and he's a Heavy Sleeper.

Lucy cuddles Garreth, another fairyboo with pink sparkles, who's Friendly like his cousin Kimberly, and a Heavy Sleeper like his own twin.
Screenshot-321.jpg

Kimberly and Marshall share a friend, Dahlia Ziggfield, who we found out is Insane, which would make her a perfect candidate for a Frio spouse.

And our grandparents, Lucy and Torre, just doubled their grandchildren going from 4 to 8 not only in the same day, but almost in the same hour!

So now of course they want 10 grandchildren!

With another set of twins in the main Frio house, we will definitely be making some changes.

And Miriam? She's just thanking the Watchers everywhere that it was just twins!

Join me in  Chapter 134 -- Nooboos, Toddlers, and Children
Coming soon.

***Author's note: I couldn't wait to see the baby mat in use. But after Lorelei placed Lucinda on it, Samuel picked her up and put her in her crib. Then Lucy picked her up from the crib and put her on the baby mat. Then Lorelei put Lucas in his crib and then all three of them rushed over to pick up Lucinda and put her in her crib again. Once she was in the crib, they all wanted to put either one of the babies back on the mat. This insanity caused me to grab the baby mat as soon as it was free of babies and put it back in inventory. It had to stop or I would have been as Insane as Dahlia!***

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2019, 09:27:39 PM »
Chapter 134 -- Nooboos, Toddlers, and Children

The Frio home looks so peaceful covered in glistening winter snow.

With the sun rising and casting it's warm rays over the sparkly surface.

Truly a postcard moment.

But only on the outside!
Screenshot-299.jpg

It's not quite as peaceful inside.

The nursery is full of the sounds of newborn twins crying to be changed or fed, played with or snuggled.

Samuel is playing with Lucas and Lorelei has Lucinda and they've almost gotten them settled when her phone rings!

Lorelei *in an angry whisper* "Chicken legs? You're calling me to ask what I marinate the chicken legs in?! I'm on maternity leave and I just gave birth to twins a few hours ago! Twins you disturbed!!!"

Co-worker *thinking she's joking* "Were they bigger than chickens?!"
Screenshot-334.jpg

Lorelei who has absolutely NO Sense of Humor says: "Oh yes, but your paycheck won't be able to buy one!"

Co-worker *realizing his mistake* "Oh, you weren't kidding about maternity leave! M..y..my mistake Mrs. Frio. I …there..was a note…it said you were out…and to call if I had questions…I didn't realize…twins you said! Well, let me offer my condole…I mean congratulations! I won't disturb you again. In fact, I'll tell them you'll need extra time off with pay and I'll cover for you, no extra charge. My gift to you!"

Lorelei *slightly mollified* "Thank you. By the way, it's homemade Italian dressing with freshly pressed garlic and ground peppercorns for the marinade. Don't ruin it with too much salt, just use a pinch."

And she hangs up the phone, turning it off, to resume cuddling her daughter.
Screenshot-337.jpg

I can hear Marshall chasing bandits, so I head to the third floor where they moved the rockin' rider so as not to disturb the nooboos.

And he's going full tilt so they won't get away this time!

I've not seen anyone have so much fun on it since Natasha back in Twinbrook!
Screenshot-56.jpg

But where's Kimberly?

I look all around and find her in the bathroom next to the nursery on the main floor.

Sitting quietly and singing to her IF doll.

Dee: "You okay sweetie? There's a lot going on with the new twins. Your mom and dad will spend some time with you as soon as Tito and Lita get home. Okay?"

Kimberly: "Oh it's not that Watcher. I like being alone, you know that. But I want to be close by in case my new sister and brother need me."

Dee: "Oh that's so sweet, honey. What are you singing to your friend?"

Kimberly: "Not really singing Watcher. Just saying the same thing over and over."

Dee: "And what's that?"

Kimberly *looking at her doll* "Be friends, don't steal their candy!"

Dee: "And is that working?"

Kimberly: "Not really, but I'll keep trying. But no promises if mom or dad puts them down!"

Dee: "Fair enough! I know you're trying."
Screenshot-331.jpg

And not long after, I find her all dressed up as a Periwinkle Princess and can't resist a photo of her haughty princess attitude.

Dee: "Oh good, you found something else to focus on. That's great."

Kimberly: "Yeah, good thing for the incense, it's helping to stop my craving for lollipops!"

Dee *smiling* "If it works for you, that's all that counts!"
Screenshot-2.jpg

But with another set of twins in the nursery, I decide it's time to make over the two upstairs bedrooms for the older twins.

Here's Kimberly's room in a medium blue with pops of dark blue.

And we've unearthed the dollhouse, a 2nd toy chest, a 2nd toy oven and the dress-up trunk to make the room a bit more kid friendly.
Screenshot-39.jpg

One of Miriam's final paintings in the main Frio home is a Masterpiece that she generously allowed us to keep.

She called it the Simona Lisa.

I'd hung it in a place of honor next to the romantic one she painted that was my favorite.

On the wall by the hover bed in her and Ian's old bedroom.

Since this room now belongs to Marshall, I'll probably have to find a new home for both of them.

Not too many boys his age want a romantic couple or a woman with a mysterious smile looking down at them at night.

Masterpiece or not!

I re-colored it in his favorite green with a cute car print on the sheets, chairs, and rug.

But since he has such a passion for the rocking rider, maybe I should have used a horse pattern or some equestrian décor?
Screenshot-41.jpg

There, I think this is more in keeping with his bronco bustin' style!

The hover bed doesn't quite go with it, but I can't bear to part with it as it's been in the Frio family a long time and gives a wonderful mood boost to whomever is sleeping in it.
Screenshot-65.jpg

After meeting their new grandsons, Lucy and Torre go next door to check on Everleigh and her toddlers.

Leighton's out at the library with Dean, so Lucy spends some time with Christa.

This little one still needs to learn her toddler skills so Lucy pops her back in the walker so she can learn a bit faster.
Screenshot-9.jpg

Dean and Leighton have returned home so Torre focuses on teaching Leighton to talk before his birthday cake.

He's only a bit younger than the heir twins, but with his longer life span and the fact that his parents are always on the go, we've finally caught them at home.

This time Torre sticks with more traditional words as he explains that soon Leighton will be riding a bike.
Screenshot-6.jpg

Then Lucy can't resist having him walk towards her all on his own because he's just so cute.

I love his sidelong glance at his mother and Torre as he makes sure they're watching his cuteness too!

His bright blue eyes he inherited from Dean make me covet them for the heirship line.
Screenshot-11.jpg

Then it's birthday time! He's almost reached his 12 days and the heir twins only have two days before they're teens, so he's a bit behind them.

He twirls and sparkles and becomes a child, adding Perceptive to his traits, like his great Aunt Karlie Jo and his great Uncle Matt, back in AP.
Screenshot-22.jpg

His favorite music is Western so I give him an everyday cowboy outfit recolored in his favorite color black.

And he even gets to eat a piece of cake without everyone mobbing the cake plate.
Screenshot-33.jpg

After cake, Lucy tutors him in logic, explaining the logical merits of begging your boss for forgiveness.

I'm just as puzzled as Leighton about that advice but he smiles up lovingly at Lita Lucy anyway.

While Christa does her best to keep the walker in motion in the crowded little kitchen, playing when she can't move.

And Torre slaps Dean silly for yet another totally Inappropriate comment!

I had them go watch a game on TV to help repair their deteriorating relationship, as well as give poor Christa some space to move, and she learns to walk!
Screenshot-38.jpg

As Lucy's saying goodbye to Everleigh, I realize she never got a new wardrobe after aging to Adult.

Most of her clothes stayed the same, but her outwear changed to this ratty green jacket.

And Everleigh has no qualms about pointing it out!

Everleigh *frowning at Lucy's clothes* "Mom! I know you're not short of funds! You're still a beautiful woman, and you need to wear something a bit more stylish. I know you don't go in for Diva style like dad and me, but you need to take some care with your appearance!"

Lucy doesn't fuss with her at all, just says matter-of-factly: "Oh, that's a great idea! I've been meaning to find a better jacket. Thanks for reminding me!"

And then she turns and gives me a look and says: "You're up Watcher!"
Screenshot-162.jpg

So I pop her in Stylist and find something more suitable.

It's not flamboyant or extravagant, but Frugal, which fits Lucy perfectly.

Slacks and a jacket in classic black, a golden brown knit sweater, with gloves, scarf, and boot tips all matching her Spice Brown hat.

I'm not sure how Frugal can still be Irresistible, but a five-star celebrity like Lucy pulls it off with style!
Screenshot-332.jpg

Back at the house, Lorelei shows Kimberly that she's noticed just how much her daughter's been fighting against her Evil trait.

Lorelei *giving her a hug* "I'm so proud of you sweetie! I know your dad and I have been busy with the babies these last couple of days, but we have noticed. You've really fought hard and haven't stolen their candy, not even once. Why don't you invite Deidre over as a reward?"

Kimberly *happily* "Oh, that would be great Mom! She wasn't in class today and I missed seeing her. But I did get to meet cousin Leighton. Marshall and I ate lunch with him and introduced him to all of our friends. It was a bit  uncomfortable being in a crowd but I still did it. My Friendly trait trumps Loner sometimes!"
Screenshot-94.jpg

But when Deidre arrives it's all too obvious why she wasn't in class.

She's aged to teen!

I'm not quite sure about the purple hoodie with whatever those are on her legs, but MH is a town where you're allowed to be you and they all take advantage of that!
Screenshot-99.jpg

I was wondering if this was going to be a problem for Marshall and Deidre but when I check their age bars I see the twins  should be celebrating their birthdays the next evening.

And the age issue doesn't bother them at all as they chat happily together.
Screenshot-112.jpg

Then Marshall turns into his fairy self and darts all around her.

Dahlia's laughter erupts again and again as his tiny wings tickle each spot he touches!

And the faces she makes are priceless, showing just how much she's enjoying Marshall's fairy self.
Screenshot-104.jpg

Then they pillow fight down on the sunporch.

Dahlia may be thinking of cooking, but she's giving as good as she's getting by the looks of those feathers flying around.
Screenshot-116.jpg

Then they settle down to a quiet game of chess as they catch their breathe.

Being a Genius, Marshall has 4 skill points already and Dahlia gains one as they play, bringing her up to Level 2.

And I feel a bit sad as I see Kimberly settling in to do her homework all alone as her twin's busy entertaining her best friend.
Screenshot-125.jpg

And after homework, she plays with Jelly Bean, first singing to her and then having a tea party.

But her heart's just not into it so she only plays half-heartedly and then troops off to bed.
Screenshot-142.jpg

And Dahlia endears herself to me even more when she asks for Lorelei's autograph before she heads home.

Dahlia: "I've always been a big fan Mrs. Frio, thanks so much for your autograph. I've had a lot of fun here in your home. Kimberly and Marshall are great and I love spending time with my two best friends!"

Lorelei *smiling* "And they both think highly of you too Dahlia. I hope you can make it to the twins' birthday party tomorrow night?"

Dahlia: "I have an after school job now, but I'll get here as soon as I can Mrs. Frio. I wouldn't miss their birthdays for anything!"
Screenshot-113.jpg

MH is busy with children of various ages, nooboos, toddlers, and school age, and that's just the Frio family!

But the heir twins age up tomorrow night and the 4 nooboos the day after that.

So you know what that means----lots of cake!

But the twins birthday is full of surprises so we're going to give it it's own chapter.

Join me in Chapter 135-- A Formal Teen Birthday Party
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2019, 02:25:42 PM »
Chapter 135-- A Formal Teen Birthday Party

It was the last day of grade school and as an added boost to their moods both Kimberly and Marshall fulfill their wishes to stay on the honor roll for three days!

I thought we'd end up having a late party since the twins have scouts and ballet on Tuesday afternoon, but they have a field trip that day so no after school activities.

But Torre and Lucy's work schedule means they don't get home until after six, so still a late party.

With some time to kill before they get home from work, Samuel encourages Marshall with some father and son painting time.

Samuel: "Don't worry about content at first Marshall, just play with colors, shapes, form, and get a feel for the paint. Later on you'll develop your own personal style and focus on images that have special meaning to you."

Marshall: "I'm using my favorite green now dad, and it's not looking like much of anything yet, just green blobs!"

Samuel: "All in good time, Marshall, all in good time.  When I moved in, my first paintings were pretty raw and I was only at level 2. You've got me beat starting at Level 3 already."
Screenshot-154.jpg

Kimberly wanted to invite Antony Salas over but none of the Salas family members show up when they're not visiting in each others homes.

I'm not sure why unless it has something to do with the ghost factor. Out of sight out of mind?

I can have Samuel call Sandra or her parents and Kimberly can call Antony via their cell phones, and chat and invite them over, but once they leave the house, all their icons disappear from their relationship panels.

Sounds like a mystery to me! One that not even Samuel's awesome reporter powers will be able to fix!

But then I realize I need to have one of the children bake with the toy oven before they're too old to use it.

Since Marshall's busy painting, I have Kimberly head to the nursery and bake us some goodies.

This is the first time I've seen her make a mean face.

I wasn't sure if it was related to her Evil trait and she was fighting the urge to "steal candy" or if the babies were aggravating her Loner trait.

Maybe it was that I made her bake batch after batch of muffins and cookies and she was hungry and wanted to eat one?

Which would make this her 'disgusted with the Watcher face'!
Screenshot-153.jpg

I do relent and let her eat some Sugar cookies after the last batch.
Screenshot-157.jpg

But as soon as Torre and Lucy get home we throw a formal birthday party.

Torre hugs his oldest granddaughter and wishes her happy birthday before she heads to her cake.
Screenshot-197.jpg

I'm not sure how it happened but Kimberly went to her cake first.

Maybe a reward for all those baked goods she made which were of great quality as she never burned anything!

The room is full of family and friends and Kimberly and Marshall wildly swing noise makers as Samuel blows a horn.
Screenshot-213.jpg

And Kimberly ages to teen, adding Artistic to her Evil, Friendly, and Loner traits!

I love her new trait but am appalled at what EA considers a formal outfit.
Screenshot-220.jpg

But before makeovers, we need to have Marshall blow out his candles.

Samuel claps as an excited Dahlia cheers wildly for him.
Screenshot-227.jpg

The dining room is a tight squeeze for all the guests so many of them are watching from the archway and the kitchen.

But I keep focused on the 2nd guest of honor as it's his special day and becoming a teen, one of the most special of all.

He sparkles and curls up getting ready for a big spin!
Screenshot-235.jpg

But the game pulls me away at the crucial moment!

To Antony Salas running up the Frio front steps thinking about the great party he's missing?
Screenshot-237.jpg

And I totally miss Marshall's teen birthday shot!

By the time I get back, Kimberly and Marshall are enjoying birthday cake in the kitchen with their dad and Tatiana Salas.

And Kimberly's chatting away about trash!?!

Oh, not trash so much as recycling which is all because Marshall is now Eco-Friendly.

Kimberly *teasingly* "So now he'll not only be worrying about the sink and the stove, but what we're throwing away! But maybe he'll discover a way to make the Motive Mobiles run on trash instead, like in that Marty McFly movie!"

Marshall *focusing on his cake but thoughtfully mumbling* "That's not a half-bad idea. Trash as fuel…"
Screenshot-256.jpg

And I get pulled back to Antony again!

He's still cheering wildly for the birthday boy.

Oh wait, maybe he's cheering for himself? He is close to the twins in age.

But he doesn't age up.
Screenshot-255.jpg

With the cake part over, two of the guests have taken the opportunity to meet one of the younger Frio twins.

Tatiana and Sandra Salas coo over little Lucas in his swing.
Screenshot-293.jpg

So I check on Lucinda in her swing in the nursery, but Lorelei's got that under control.

Lorelei: "How's mummy's sweet baby girl? Let's turn your swing on low so you can keep your needs up. It won't be long before you and Lucas have your party sweetie. Mummy can't wait to teach you your skills and read books with you. We'll have so much fun!"

Lucinda responds with a gurgle and a coo, waving her little arms happily like she understands every word.
Screenshot-294.jpg

Heading back to our birthday twins, I now find Kimberly chatting away to Antony and I notice just how bad that 'formal' outfit is.

I'm sure Torre and Everleigh are having fashion fits and not just with the clothes as those boots are nearly killing me!
Screenshot-260.jpg

So as they chat, I pop her into Stylist.

And this girl doesn't disappoint!

I thought she aged up into a cute teen, but with a different hairstyle and a touch of make-up, I think she's gorgeous!

So a big thank you goes out to Samuel's Marshall genetics!

Her eyes aren't the same blue as little Leighton Cole's but they are a smoky grey blue and are striking with her dark hair.
Screenshot-272.jpg

We choose this outfit for her everyday, in a cool blue that reflects her new Artistic style.
Screenshot-269.jpg

And this outerwear outfit as the Spring nights are still quite cool once the sun goes down.
Screenshot-267.jpg

But when I get back to the kitchen, she's standing their all alone.

Antony disappeared!

I know I'm just as flabbergasted as Kimberly as he was there and then he just popped out of existence.

Maybe there's something we don't know about ghosts living this half-life?
Screenshot-281.jpg

I decide to check on Marshall and see if we can get a better photo of the birthday boy and a make-over if necessary.

I only caught a glimpse of him after his birthday and I know we definitely need to change his 'formal' shoes.

So I scan the room and not only do I find Marshall making a bee-line for Dahlia, but a yellow ghost boy who's a teen!

Apparently Antony was having some trouble aging up, but finally managed to do so. But his hair, wow!

And Everleigh will be gratified to know she made it into the teen's birthday photos as well, looking stylish as always.

And I see proud papa Samuel looking on with a big smile as he sees his children enjoying their party.
Screenshot-282.jpg

And when Marshall and Dahlia first speak as teens, the hearts go spinning out of control!

I wasn't sure if Marshall was as totally taken with her as I was as he popped wishes to be BBF with both Frieda Salas and Carrie Limb who were both attending the party as well.

But when I checked his relationship with those two teen girls, he barely knew either one.

So it's not surprising that he chose Dahlia, his first friend and best friend, as the one for him!
Screenshot-289.jpg

But Kimberly and Antony aren't getting along as well.

Not only were there no hearts, but a clash of traits.

A really big clash as he finds out she's Evil and she finds out he's Good!
Screenshot-296.jpg

But Kimberly is a trooper, fighting her Evil trait every chance she gets as she asks Antony to star gaze.

I guess she's not giving up on a friendship that easily or maybe it's because the crowd was a bit much for her Loner trait.

But Dahlia's had a long day with school and her job, so she decides to call it a night, chatting with Miriam as she heads out the door.

Samuel seizes the chance to offer birthday congratulations to his son.

And to listen in on his daughter's conversation as well.
Screenshot-298.jpg

Because when I follow Kimberly and Antony outside, Samuel comes too!

I think I was more shocked than the teens as they just ignored him and pointed out stars to one another.

He may be friends with the Salas family but it looks like he's very much the protective father.

I may be a Watcher, but no way was I making Samuel leave. Parental authority beats Watcher every time!

And Samuel's words reflect my thoughts as he says: "I've got this Watcher. Feel free to turn your attention elsewhere."

Since I've already taken the opportunity to change Antony's hair to a style I can live with, I do so.
Screenshot-326.jpg

So I find Marshall, beg his forgiveness for the missing teen birthday photo and tell him he can ask for a special birthday present.

Marshall: "Anything?"

Dee: "Well, within reason. No traveling. Or breaking curfew. Your father's already shown me what he would think if I allowed his children to do stuff like that!"

Marshall: "Nothing like that Watcher. I want to pick out my own clothes. And make them green!"

Dee: "I don't have a problem with that at all Marshall. But that's not really special. I was planning on a makeover anyway. So you think about it and let me know."

With that settled, we head on into Stylist.

Since he's already in formalwear, we start with that, choosing a classic black suit and shoes, with a green bowtie.

A new hair style and some stylish glasses complete his new look.
Screenshot-307.jpg

For his everyday, gray slacks and opened collared shirt with a buttoned up vest and a bright green blazer for a pop of color.

Marshall may not be a Diva like his Tito Torre, but he definitely has a sense of style.

This young man is very much a Frio and with the glasses he reminds me so much of Crewe I can't help but smile.

He even shares his Neurotic trait, but has his own unique blue wings.

I can already see how difficult picking an heir is going to be!
Screenshot-308.jpg

The heir twins and their best friends, Antony Salas and Dahlia Ziggfield, have all aged to teen.

So now they begin their last two weeks before becoming young adults.

Learning to drive, high school, and prom will all be milestones for our young teens.

But their younger siblings are potential heirs too and they age up to toddlers next chapter, along with their twin cousins.

So join me for Chapter 136-- Toddler Time x 5!
Coming soon.

anything