Author Topic: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story  (Read 123799 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Beyond Sunset Valley---A Town Jump Story
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2019, 11:33:34 PM »
Chapter 136-- Toddler Time x 5!

The next morning and outraged Kimberly complains loudly to Marshall.

Kimberly *disgusted* "I can't believe my teacher sent over an assignment for me to complete before classes today. That's outrageous! You didn't get one!"

Marshall *before he digs into his French toast* "That's because I'm in AP classes."

Kimberly: "But I had an 'A' for 3 straight days in grade school same as you!"

Marshall: "But I aced all my Freshman entry exams and they need to figure out what classes to put me in. Hence, no way to give me homework until they figure it out."

Kimberly *shocked* "Oh no! Does that mean you'll be ahead of me and graduate early?"

Marshall *reassuring her* "Absolutely not! I told them I wouldn't do that and be separated from you and all of our friends. So they're going to let me take classes ahead but then do college prep for my last two years. Or three. It all depends on how quickly I get through them."

Kimberly *relieved* "Oh, now you're just showing off Mr. Genius! And why are you still wearing your suit? Did you sleep in it?"

Marshall *making a face* "No, that would be gross. I slept in the fairy house and it was all I had to put on when I came out. But I'll change after I eat. We'd better hurry, it's almost time for the bus! Don't want to be late the first day!"
Screenshot-338.jpg

So with the bus driver honking the horn impatiently, Kimberly grabs her homework and decides she'll have to finish it on the bus.

She's really looking forward to high school and being with all her friends but not all at once.

Sometimes she finds her Loner trait harder to bear than her Evil one!
Screenshot-342.jpg

Lucy and Torre take care of the nooboos that morning, getting diapers changed, tummy's filled, and getting in plenty of play time and snuggles too.
Screenshot-343.jpg

Later in the afternoon, Lucy heads over to visit Everleigh and Christa since Leighton's in school and Dean's at work.

She finds her daughter dressed in Sports gear and holding a smiling Christa.

Lucy *eyebrows raised* "Now that's a new look for you! What's the occasion? Taking out the trash?"

Everleigh *smiling down at her daughter* "No, I let dad talk me into trying out for a job at the stadium. He says I spend too much time alone and I should be more proactive in fighting my Loner trait."

Lucy *nodding* "I have to agree with that. And you need to get out of the house for something besides shopping. I know you received a substantial amount from your trust fund and Dean makes good money, but it doesn't hurt to show the kids how to be financially responsible."

Everleigh *with a sigh* "Yeah, Dean's been after me about that too. I tend to buy them everything they ask for and he says that doesn't build good character. But the kids are so cute at that toy shop and I just can't resist! And don't get me started on stuff for Smokey. I found this awesome site on-line that carries wonderful dog toys and special food and treats. Nothing's too good for my Smokey!"

Lucy *trying not to roll her eyes* "Well, let's talk about that later. I'm off today so I can watch Christa while you head to the stadium for try outs."

Everleigh: "That would be great mom. I was going to call a sitter but I'd feel much more comfortable with you and I know Christa would too! It's almost time for her nap and she needs a diaper change too."

Lucy *smiling again* "I think I can handle that. Oh, and I wanted to ask when you were planning Christa's birthday party. She should be aging up soon."

Everleigh *slowly* "About that mom. I've been meaning to talk to you and dad. Would you mind very much if we let her age up on her own? At least give her a few more days of toddler time? With Leighton in school, I want a few days with her for some special Mommy and me time!"

Lucy: "That's totally up to you and Dean. And with two sets of twins aging up to toddlers tonight, I'm sure we'll be happy to delay Christa's cake another few days!"
Screenshot-3.jpg

With Everleigh gone, Lucy changes Christa's diaper and pops her into her jammies.

With the weather getting warmer and Christa staying a toddler, Lucy thinks she may need a lighter set.

But she sure won't mention it to Everleigh!

Lucy *thinking* Maybe something is a Spice Brown…do they even make toddler stuff in that color? Then she's appalled at the thought. Torre and Everleigh's preoccupation with clothes has affected her too!*
Screenshot-165.jpg

She decides a distraction is called for and sets Christa down and steps away.

Lucy * encouragingly* "Come to Lita Christa! Come to Lita!"

And Christa takes a few wobbly steps all on her own with a big look of surprise on her cute little face!

Learning to walk in the walker the poor little thing didn't realize she could walk all by herself.
Screenshot-325.jpg

Kimberly gets invited over to Antony's after school and they do homework together.

Kimberly *seriously* "Have you ever thought of leaving home Antony? Of leaving Midnight Hollow?"

Antony *thoughtfully* "I've never thought about it really. I've never had a lot of ambition, I love just sitting and watching TV. But some of those travel documentaries show some really beautiful places around Sim Land. I wouldn't mind checking some of them out and trying my luck in a different town."

Kimberly: "Would your parents mind? I mean, you are their only son."

Antony: "I don't think so. I don't think we have any special ties to this town. But I really don't know if I can travel or not. Do they let ghosts on planes?"

Kimberly *shocked* "I have no idea. That's definitely something to look into! I'll have to discuss it with Marshall and the Watcher!"

Antony: "Oh, I remember you telling me about your Watcher before. That invisible voice that talks to you. But why would she care if I could travel?"

Kimberly sits there for a moment and then tells Antony all about the journey her family is on and that she'll be moving with 7 other family members when an 8th generation heir and a new town are chosen.

Antony listens attentively, astonished at the scope of the Frio families quest.

And wonders if being part of such an adventure is his destiny or if his best friend will leave him behind?
Screenshot-374.jpg

After their homework is done, Kimberly asks if he'll be her date for prom on Saturday.

Antony is flattered and says they'll be the most envied couple there.

Antony *staring into her eyes, adds* "And I'll have the most beautiful girl in school with me!"
Screenshot-407.jpg

Meanwhile, Marshall's invited Dahlia over after school and he chats with her eager to find out some very important information.

He finds out her sign and that's she's single and hasn't found anyone special yet, so he asks the big question.

Marshall: "I'd be honored to go to prom with you Dahlia. Will you go with me?"

Dahlia looks at him with stars in her eyes and says: "I think you're dreamy Marshall! There's no one else I'd rather be with!"

And with her sweet words they share a special look and feel first love starting to bloom in their hearts.
Screenshot-396.jpg

Then it's time for the younger twins to become toddlers!

Samuel brings Lucinda to her cake surrounded by loving family.
Screenshot-413.jpg

And to my shock she ages to toddler with her mother's turquoise hair and gorgeous deep pink wings!

Lorelei picks her up in stunned disbelief and simply stares at her youngest daughter's hair.

Then she stammers: "She got my hair. I never even thought…dreamed…that one of my children would…maybe a grandchild, but…I'm not prepared for this at all!"
Screenshot-427.jpg

But Lorelei puts those thoughts behind her as it's Lucas' turn for cake.

Samuel proudly holds him as the rest of the family cheers and blows noise makers.
Screenshot-433.jpg

And Lucas proves again just how strong Founder Jared's genes are as he sports the Frio auburn hair!
Screenshot-442.jpg

Both toddlers have some pressing needs so Lorelei gets a bottle for precocious Lucinda who crawled to the living room to watch TV!

Lorelei *with a grin* "Maybe she'll take after me that way too!"
Screenshot-448.jpg

And Samuel rushes Lucas off to the potty to start his training early.

As soon as that's taken care of, Lucas plays with his IF doll!
Screenshot-458.jpg

Then it's bedtime for the both of them.

Lucas is so tired he falls asleep instantly, but Lucinda plays and sings to her teddy bear.
Screenshot-459.jpg

I send Torre and Lucy on to the next twin birthday celebration but before I can join them, I see this!

Ghostly Rae gossiping with paparazzi Marvin Craft?!?

Marvin *shaking with excitement* "I can't believe I've finally gotten to meet you in person Mrs. Frio. I'm astonished at your beauty! I've heard all the gossip about your music of course, but you're more breathtaking than I ever dreamed of!"
Screenshot-469.jpg

And I'm thinking *Oh yeah, like Rae's going to fall for that load of….*

When to my astonishment she does and becomes instant friends with him!

Then it hits me!

Rae was Easily Impressed when she was alive and apparently being dead for 4 generations hasn't changed that!
Screenshot-472.jpg

Then I'm gobsmacked when she starts flirting with him!

Friendship is one thing…but flirting ….with a…paparazzi!

Then I remember that her sister Audra married Victor in Moonlight Falls and he was a paparazzi, so Rae doesn't have the same feelings towards them as most celebrities do.

But it pains me to watch it and I can't make her stop!
Screenshot-477.jpg

Then I hear a familiar thud! No, oh no!

Yes, it's Sam!

I want to believe that it was just seeing Rae's ghost that made him pass out.

And not the fact that he might have seen the love of his life flirting with another!

Or maybe he was just tired? His thoughts seem to reflect that theory.

I'm taking a page out his book and adding coward to my traits as I rush away and join Torre and Lucy.
Screenshot-128.jpg

I get there just in time as Miriam's holding Garreth by his cake and Lucy and Ian are cheering him on.
Screenshot-486.jpg

The dining room here is even smaller than the one at the main Frio home so Miriam has to bring him out to the entryway to set him down.

And our fairyboo sparkles and becomes a toddler with his father's blonde hair!

I couldn't resist this picture with him looking so sweet.
Screenshot-496.jpg

Then it's brother Ryan's turn and Tito Torre gets in on the festivities this time.

But Miriam walks away quicker this time than she did the last.
Screenshot-520.jpg

And when she gets back to the entry, I realize why!

Miriam's expecting again!

I have so many questions but they'll have to wait for Ryan to age up.

I'm not missing another birthday boys photo!
Screenshot-526.jpg

And he's got the same color hair as his twin and his father!

And the same melting puppy dog eyes too!

Their hair is different but these two are the closest I've gotten to identical twins in any of my games.

Except that Garreth is a fairy and Ryan is human and Ryan's skin tone is a bit darker.
Screenshot-542.jpg

Everleigh and Dean want a few more days with Christa as a toddler so they're taking advantage of her longer life span already.

Kimberly and Marshall both have dates for Saturday's prom, with Antony and Dahlia respectively.

Kimberly's discussed the Frio family journey with Antony which has brought up the question about ghosts being able to travel. Is it possible?

Kimberly's depending on Marshall and me as their Watcher to find out!

And both sets of nooboo twins aged up to toddler.

Lucinda with Lorelei's turquoise hair, and Lucas taking after the long line of Frio male's before him with their traditional auburn looks.

Garreth and Ryan, Miriam and Ian's twins, look exactly like their father did as a toddler***, but Ryan's human and has a slightly darker skin tone.

And Miriam's expecting again!

If we hadn't aged up the boys, she could have had up to 5 babies in the house all at the same time!

Will the Watcher's everywhere take pity on our grumpy couch potato and only have her deliver one?

A sweet baby girl maybe? With Miriam's platinum hair?

Or will she add another set of twins to her growing family? Dare we mention triplets?

Only time will tell.

Join me in Chapter 137-- Toddlers and Teens Part 1
Coming soon.

***Author's note: Check out Ian's toddler picture in Chapter 104, picture 17!
Do you agree that Garreth looks just like him? Ryan too but with darker skin?

I'll be posting pictures of them all in the next chapter in the same formal outfit so we can compare!***

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »
Chapter 137-- Toddlers and Teens Part 1

If you didn't get to check out Ian's toddler picture in Chapter 104, here it is!
Screenshot-492.jpg

And here's his son, Garreth!

What do you think? Like father like son?
Screenshot-498.jpg

And here's Ryan in the same suit!

They are both so cute but with their parents expecting another nooboo, Torre and Lucy realize they need to get started on toddler skills with these two ASAP.
Screenshot-539.jpg

So Torre helps Garreth use the potty.
Screenshot-503.jpg

And Ryan crawls outside where he realizes he doesn't like it at all!

Having three toddlers who Hate the Outdoors is going to be interesting.

Luckily there not all in the same household but both the younger heir twins have it so fun, fun.
Screenshot-561.jpg

Back at the main Frio home, Samuel's snuggling with a rested Lucas in his diaper and cute t-shirt.

A toddler outfit I like for a change.
Screenshot-509.jpg

I take the opportunity to spruce up his everyday, choosing classic blue jeans and a blue and white t-shirt.
Screenshot-505.jpg

And an outer wear outfit with a cute red hoodie.
Screenshot-508.jpg

Lucinda wakes up and Samuel takes her to the potty to get that out of the way.
Screenshot-552.jpg

Then she gets some cute outfits too.

Her favorite color is black so we let her express it with some cute polka dots for her formal wear.
Screenshot-557.jpg

And again in her outerwear.
Screenshot-559.jpg

And she sports her new jammies while having a bottle and giving us a sweet smile.
Screenshot-560.jpg

Then Kimberly picks up Lucas for some snuggles after his first breakfast in the high chair.
Screenshot-548.jpg

When she sets him down, he heads straight for his xylophone and starts to play!
Screenshot-562.jpg

But soon I find the twins playing together at the blocks table.

Looks like they're both checking out the merits of the red and green blocks!
Screenshot-574.jpg

With the toddlers happily occupied, Lorelei and Lucy read on the couch nearby.

Lucy focusing on a handiness book to build up her skill and Lorelei reading another recipe.

This time it's Ratatouille which is Kimberly's favorite.

Marshall's is Autumn salad, which even a beginner knows how to make, so she already new that one.

And with Samuel's being Ceviche , that's next on the list.

Lorelei's really going through the recipe books fast!
Screenshot-356.jpg

After school, I find Marshall playing with his baby brother. So sweet!

Marshall: "His hair color's the same as mine and Tito Torre's Watcher. Genetics is so fascinating!"

Dee: "I totally agree Marshall! It's one of the things I'm most anxious to see when the nooboos of each generation arrive. In fact, you actually brought the auburn hair back into the Frio line as not one of the 10 kids in generation 7 had it!"

Marshall: "Oh, I didn't realize that Watcher, that's cool! And my cousin Leighton has it and now Lucas has it, so it's really on the upswing!"

Dee: "It is. And I'm glad to see it back. I like that we've had so many different hair colors. It's one of the things we never change in Stylist as we want to see the natural changes throughout the whole journey."

Marshall: "Speaking of changes, I did have a favor to ask as my special gift. Dahlia's coming over later and I wondered if you could help her out with a new wardrobe? Especially a fancy dress for prom as she was worried about that."

Dee: "It would be my pleasure Marshall! I'll get started as soon as she arrives."
Screenshot-580.jpg

I'm happy to fulfill Marshall's request for new clothes for Dahlia and even more so when I see her favorite color.

It's Irish Green!

Marshall's favorite is Green so it makes me feel these two were meant to be!

And when we get into Stylist, I realize Dahlia doesn't need much help at all.

Her hair style fits her perfectly, so we add a touch of makeup and she's all set.

Since she works at the Day Spa, she requested a better career outfit and we decided on white Capri leggings with a flattering tank in a cool Irish Green with comfortable flats.

It's definitely an improvement over the outfit she was wearing and gives her the professional look she wanted.
Screenshot-587.jpg

But the nights are still chilly so she chooses a black leather jacket with a scarf in her favorite green.

This is one of my favorite outfits so I'm glad it appeals to a lot of my teens.
Screenshot-588.jpg

Dahlia chooses a very pretty gown for prom but wants it to be a surprise for Marshall, so we pack it away for Saturday.

I'm hoping she'll decide to wear it for prom, and not her athletic outfit!

Marshall joins her upstairs and can't help but comment on her new look.

Marshall: "Oh, I love the green Dahlia, it's my favorite color. It's like you've got beautiful leaves as a background for your pretty flower self!"

Dahlia *blushing a bit* "Thank you Marshall. I was hoping you'd like it. It's my every day outfit but you never know what I'll wear or when, it all depends on what I'm in the mood for."

Marshall: "You always look beautiful to me Dahlia, not matter what you're wearing."

And he pulls her close for their very first kiss.
Screenshot-609.jpg

And Lucinda enjoys her first meal in the high chair. Mommy's delicious fruit parfait.
Screenshot-612.jpg

Afterwards, Samuel starts teaching her a few new words and claps excitedly when she repeats them!

He's such a great dad, very attentive to his children and always wanting to spend time with them and their friends.
Screenshot-625.jpg

And Kimberly takes her role as big sister seriously too and has never once even popped a wish to steal her younger siblings candy.

Don't get me wrong, she still gets the 'fiendishly delighted' moodlet when they cry but she's never wished to do anything that would make them cry.

She brings Lucas to the potty and tells him what a big boy he's getting to be.
Screenshot-617.jpg

Then Lorelei and Samuel take over their parental responsibilities as Lorelei shares potty training duty for Lucinda.

And Samuel helps Lucas as he plays with the peg box.
Screenshot-597.jpg

Then next morning before school Kimberly finishes her first teen painting.

We were both pleasantly surprised when she got the Artistic trait as a teen, so she's been busy with increasing her skill.

She's also signed up for Art and Drama clubs after school, and is doing quite well.
Screenshot-535.jpg

Lots of toddler spam and skilling started in this chapter.

But the toddlers all have lots of skilling ahead.

And the teens have rights of passage as well with learning to drive, a teen slumber party, and prom.

And Miriam's getting closer and closer to delivering her child or will it be children?

Let's find out in Chapter 137-- Toddlers and Teens Part 2
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2019, 10:25:26 PM »
Chapter 137-- Toddlers and Teens Part 2

Lorelei's been stuck in the house for awhile and even a Couch Potato has limits so she offers to teach Marshall to drive.

They take a Motive Mobile which usually makes learning to drive a breeze for most teens but between Marshall's Neurotic trait and his new Eco-Friendly one, they have a few bumps in the road.

Because he keeps slamming on the brakes and getting out of the car.

And heading home on his bike in the pouring rain!

But Lorelei and I persevere and he finally gets to level 3 and earns his driver's certificate.
Screenshot-481.jpg

Kimberly takes the opportunity to spend some time with Lucinda.

She tickles her silly and they both smile as their sisterly friendship grows.
Screenshot-567.jpg

After her eye opening experience with Marshall and driving, Lorelei showers and changes and settles down to help Lucas master talking.

I love the words she's teaching him here!

Lorelei: "Founder Jared and Aunt Miriam are Party Animals and they like to dance crazy!"

Lucas: "Cra…zee Dance?"

Lorelei *clapping* "Yes, maybe you'll get to see it one day!"

Samuel's been patiently helping Lucinda with the peg box and she's close to mastering it already.
Screenshot-653.jpg

And he has no problem with the messier aspects of toddlerhood either.

Doing his best to help Lucinda learn to go potty all by herself.

And she does!

And Adam joins us in the nursery, either unaware of Lucinda's needs or just at ease with such things.

Dee: "She'll be finished in a jiffy Adam, then you can watch her play."

Adam: "I didn't mean to disturb such an important part of toddler training. Messy at first, but makes it easier in the long run. Sophie and I had twins too, but thankfully not two sets! And with both of them being fairies, even as toddlers they took care of a lot of their own needs in a fairy house. Now that was something to get used to! Looks like this set of twins has a fairy too. And the hair you like Watcher. Do you have a preference for heir yet?"

Before I can respond, Samuel chimes in with: "I thought the current heir couple picked the next heir?"

Adam *nodding with respect* "I see you've taken the heir spouse duties to heart Samuel. Not just leaving them to Lorelei. That's good. But the Watcher helps us out now and again when we're having trouble deciding. We had a poll for heirship with my twins, Logan and Sadie."

Samuel: "A poll? So you didn't have to choose yourself?"

Adam: "Well, the poll was to see if others felt the same way as we did, that heirship truly belonged to one twin over the other. Mine decided to both give it up! Not that I let them. But it was a good test of their strengths and weaknesses. But again, we didn't have two sets of twins to pick from, and so far apart in age either. Good luck on choosing!"

As Adam's words sink in, Samuel realizes just what choosing means with four children, two toddlers and two teens.

Either some of his children move without a mate, or some of them stay behind. What a choice!

And he wishes that he would have just stuck with potty training instead of opening his big mouth!

Again.
Screenshot-630.jpg

And one last potty training session for Lucas has him mastering it!
Screenshot-650.jpg

Later that day, Lucinda masters talking with the word camera!

Samuel: "Daddy takes photos with a camera."

Lucinda: "Camra.. Camra..Camra!!"
Screenshot-675.jpg

With the younger twins toddler skills well in hand, Lorelei heads off with Kimberly for their first driving lesson.

Using the maids car?!?
Screenshot-570.jpg

No, Kimberly picks great Glampa Des' police cruiser!

I'd forgotten all about it, but Kimberly decided it was just the thing for learning how to drive and hopped quickly into the driver's seat!
Screenshot-572.jpg

With both teens having earned their driver's licenses and the toddlers taking their afternoon nap, Lorelei, settles down in the sitting/computer room to read another recipe.

I've never seen her read in here before so I have to ask why.

Dee: "You usually pick the brighter living room, why up here?"

Lorelei *whispering* "I'm trying to surprise Samuel with his favorite food! I'm hoping to make it perfectly and then store it in one of the replicators so he can have it for a long, long time."

Dee: "That's a good idea! We need some fresh perfect meals. We still have Crewe's Spaghetti with Veggie Sauce and Founders Claire and Jared's Grilled Salmon in there!"

Lorelei *making  a face* "Yes, I know. I'm hoping to fill both of them up with current family favorites."
Screenshot-634.jpg

Since both the teens learned how to drive and Lorelei still has her sanity, she agreed to let them have a teen slumber party.

The first arrival is Cora Flynn but she doesn't look happy to be here.

Cora: "It's not that Watcher, I'm just furious with my uncle. He insisted I bring my homework before he'd agree to let me come to the party! I'm an 'A' student in honors classes for goodness sake!"

Dee: "It's okay Cora. I'm just glad he let you come and I'm sure there are others here who would love some help with their homework."

Cora: "Oh, I could do that!"

And she heads off to the kitchen to get set up for an impromptu homework session.

As much as I love her auburn hair, Cora's thin lips remind me too much of Jared's and I'm glad she's just a teen friend of the twins, not a love interest.
Screenshot-688.jpg

All the teens are eager to have a couple of brains to help homework go faster and soon the table and floor are littered with paper and teens earnestly studying.

I notice that Cora's changed into other clothes and can't help but comment.

Dee: "You can't do homework in your pj's Cora?"

Cora *firmly* "No."

And then Marshall adds: "Me either. Not when I'm helping others. It just doesn't seem appropriate."

I'm not sure if that's a genius thing or a neurotic one, so I wisely say nothing.
Screenshot-71.jpg

With homework out of the way, the teens of Midnight Hollow voraciously gobble up Lorelei's latest creation.

Antony and Kimberly sit next to each other.

While Marshall eats quickly and politely gives up his seat to Carrie Limb, Jack and Sarah's oldest daughter.

The middle Doe brothers, James and Josiah, along with Monte Brennan, wait for their servings as Lorelei checks to make sure there's enough for everyone.
Screenshot-683.jpg

Then Dahlia asks Marshall to watch the stars.

Wearing her formal gown that was supposed to be a surprise!

Dahlia: "Sorry Watcher, it's what I felt like wearing. I'm not sure why."

Dee: "It a trait thing Dahlia, not much you can do about it. I can pop you into something else if you'd like."

Marshall: "It's beautiful Dahlia. I could just look at you all night."

With the looks they're exchanging, I don't think what clothes she's wearing matter.
Screenshot-699.jpg

And then it's time for some shut eye.

Out on the grass on the front lawn!

I've not seen kids sleep outside since IP, but a bunch of them bed down and fall asleep immediately.
Screenshot-693.jpg

But Marshall and Dahlia chat and play chess as the other teens sleep.

And Kimberly does her homework at the kitchen table as she needed some alone time too.
Screenshot-698.jpg

As the day dawns on a beautiful Saturday morning, I expect the visiting teens to all jump up quickly and head for home.

But they all sleep peacefully on.
Screenshot-6.jpg

Then they wake and stretch leisurely as the newspaper girl runs by.

Some of them heading into the house for bathroom facilities and breakfast, while Antony works on his homework and his sister Frieda watches feathers fly around Elisa Goldberg.
Screenshot-13.jpg

The teens all chat happily as they grab plates of crepes, goopy carbonara, or whatever strikes their fancy from the well-stocked fridge.

And Cora can't contain her excitement as she gets an autograph from Lorelei.

Cora *squealing with joy* "Thank you so much Mrs. Frio! I've been a big fan of yours ever since our field trip to the bistro. Your recipes are so delicious!"

Lorelei: "Why thank you Cora! I'm eager to get back to work again now that the younger twins are toddlers. If you'd care to stop by one day next week after school, I'd be happy to show you a kitchen secret or two."

Cora *stammering in her excitement* "Tha..that would be fantastic! I'll have to clear it with my Uncle though. He's not one for non-essential activities. I'm surprised he let me come to the party actually."

Lorelei *smiling* "Kimberly mentioned that, so that's why I called him and told him homework would be a priority, especially with it being prom tonight. That way you kids would be all set for Monday."

Cora *eyes and mouth wide* "You mean I get to go to prom too!? He said no when I asked earlier this week." *then crestfallen* "Oh, I don't have a dress."

Lorelei *her smile growing* "We've taken care of that for all of you and the limo too. You girls can take your time with make-up, hairstyles, and outfits until it shows up."
Screenshot-36.jpg

I happily oblige Lorelei and the girls with several trips into stylist.

Carrie Limb goes first, choosing a bright yellow sleeveless dress with a flirty white bow and gold chains that give this girl a pop of color with her pale grey skin, so typical of MH.

If Marshall wasn't so wrapped up in Dahlia, this girl would have my vote for his life partner!
Screenshot-114.jpg

Elisa Goldberg goes for a bold red dress with an eye-catching red feather in her up-swept do.

She's a recent resident that's come here from a much sunnier location with that sun-kissed skin.
Screenshot-116.jpg

And we finish up with Cora's black and white frock just as the limo arrives!
Screenshot-121.jpg

And the group arrives at the high school in their finery.

Kimberly leads the way followed closely by her date Antony.

Marshall and Dahlia hang back to let the others file through the door.

Marshall gets voted Prom King but it's Dahlia's request that they go steady that makes the night a success for him! They also got voted most popular couple.

Kimberly's night didn't go quite as well.

She got voted Prom Queen but some girl tried to grab her crown yelling about alien devices!

Kimberly ignored her, and wore the crown anyway, but it must have been an omen as she got separated from Antony as she was surfing through the crowd.

This led to a fight and the crowd was so huge she never found him again that night and they never even got to dance.

Needless to say our loner wasn't happy in such a crowd but the fight and suffering of others still made her fiendishly delighted!
Screenshot-129.jpg

And Torre and Lucy are delighted even more after a call from Ian.

Torre heads straight inside but Lucy's sidetracked by little Garreth.

She changes his dirty diaper, gets him a bottle, and snuggles him close, wondering how on earth he got left outside alone.
Screenshot-136.jpg

But we figure it out quickly when we see Tito Torre holding his little brother Randy.

A human nooboo who Loves the Cold and the Outdoors!

But Torre's solemn face has me asking him what's wrong.

Torre: "Nothing really Watcher, but with 3 grandchildren that Hate the Outdoors, I was just shocked that this one loves it. And he's not even a fairy."

Dee: "Genetics and traits work in mysterious ways Torre. Ways that surprise me all the time!"
Screenshot-143.jpg

And the surprises don't stop there as we see proud papa Ian holding his newborn daughter.

A fairyboo they named Mandi who is Friendly and Brave!

And soon to be serenaded by her big brother Ryan as he heads for the xylophone.
Screenshot-138.jpg

The younger twins are learning their toddler skills and making friends with their family members.

The older twins just had their first teen slumber party followed by prom, where Marshall agreed to be Dahlia's steady guy.

And Miriam? Miriam had twins! A boy and a girl this time, human Randy and fairyboo Mandi.

And with their birth Torre and Lucy fulfilled their 10 grandchildren wishes!

But the older twins still have 10 days left as teens.

Will Kimberly have that romantic date with Antony after such a disastrous prom?

And what of Jennifer Doe? She's become a YA but she's still living at the Synapse home. Why?

Check out Chapter 138--Trumping Traits
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »
Chapter 138--Trumping Traits

After prom, Marshall and Kimberly head to the nursery to check on their younger siblings.

And Kimberly surprises me by popping a wish, an Evil wish, for the first time!
Screenshot-154.jpg

Yup, she steals Lucas' candy!

Marshall holds Lucinda and watches in shock as his twin licks the lollipop with relish and smiles as their baby brother waves his fists in rage!

Poor Lucinda cuddles closer to Marshall as she hears her twin's howls.
Screenshot-163.jpg

Marshall quickly tickles her before the tears can start.

He's going to be a great dad one day in the future.

Marshall *alarmed* "Far, far in the future Watcher! I'm just enjoying my little sister, not working on Dad skills!"

Dee: ""Uh huh. Keep on telling yourself that! If you're heir, a child is a requirement. If you're a spare, SP will probably give you a few too!"

Marshall *mouth dropping open* "But I just became a teen and we still have lots of teen days ahead!"

Dee *reassuringly* "You do Marshall, don't worry about it. It's just another life skill that you'll learn like all the others."

Marshall *bravely* "That's true. I'm going to push my Brave and Genius traits to the fore and annihilate my Neurotic one!"

Dee: "Good for you Marshall!"
Screenshot-165.jpg

But then Kimberly corrects me.

Kimberly: "That's not the first time I popped that wish Watcher."

Dee: "Really? I've never seen you steal candy before."

Kimberly *shaking her head wryly* "I didn't get to steal it! It was just before prom when you were busy with the other girls' dresses. Lucinda was playing her xylophone and the thought just popped into my head! But Lucinda outsmarted me and just continued playing until my Evil urge went away."

Dee: "How do you think she knew how to do that?!"

Kimberly: "She's so young, I don't think she knew. But my guess is that Disciplined trumps Evil!"

Dee: "So what did you do?"

Kimberly: "What else? I clapped for the little stinker!"
Screenshot-110.jpg

The next morning Samuel gives both kids' bottles so they can finish up their toddler skills.

Lucas eagerly reaches for his as Lucinda happily drinks hers.
Screenshot-134.jpg

And with both toddlers having the Hates the Outdoors trait, we settle for teaching them to walk on the large sunporch.

That way they get some sunshine but not that nasty negative moodlet.

Samuel starts with encouraging Lucas to take a few steps.
Screenshot-64.jpg

And Lorelei joins them with Lucinda over by the fairy house.

Lorelei *smiling* "Come to mommy sweetie. That's it. One more step."
Screenshot-245.jpg

It's such a beautiful day, Lucy and Torre head to the last day of the Spring Festival.

Torre finds Everleigh there and joins her and Sarah Limb in a game of horseshoes.
Screenshot-80.jpg

I catch Sarah on her own a moment later and can't resist a close up of her.

Even with the sunny days since Torre's lightening spell, she's still as pale as ever!
Screenshot-55.jpg

And her husband Jack is just as pale!

No wonder their daughter Carrie has that pale grey skin.
Screenshot-54.jpg

Then Lucy and Torre pose for a photo for Dahlia's sister Gayle as the youngest Ziggfield, Nathanael, dances near by.

Their father David relaxes in a rocker as his elder years demand a rest.
Screenshot-44.jpg

Then Torre and Lucy slow dance and show off a couples spin.

These two haven't lost a bit of the romance even though Lucy's close to becoming an elder and they're the grandparents of 10!

Look at their expressions! They're both totally lost in their love for each other!
Screenshot-50.jpg

And the Love Tester reinforces that with it's "Burning" comment, stating that it's not felt such heat since a sim spilled a drink on it and all it's circuits exploded!

Torre and Lucy know they don't need a machine to tell them the status of their love, but they still smile and cheer at the results.
Screenshot-60.jpg

Samuel checks in with Jennifer Doe who's become a young adult still living in the Synapse house.

Samuel: "Isn't it time you moved back home Jennifer? I spoke with your parents the other day and all that Witness Protection Program (WPP) stuff has been resolved. There's no need for you to hide in this cell anymore."

Jennifer *smiling* "I know Mr. Frio. I've kept in close touch with mom and dad and all my brothers. And I no longer stay in this cell. I have a beautiful room at the top of the house. My house. I was just down here cleaning it up a bit. For it's next resident. Why don't you step outside the door."
Screenshot-188.jpg

Jennifer continues: "It didn't take me long to realize that Roderick was up to no good and had plans to use me for his own Evil purposes, especially once I was of age and he wasn't being watched as closely. But with his endorsement, I was able to obtain my dream job at the Criminal Warehouse. Where I was able to set things in motion to safeguard my family."

Samuel *surprise in his voice* "It was YOU that resolved the WPP issue?!?"

Jennifer *her grin reaching her laughing eyes* "Oh yes, I just had to be old enough and in the right position of power to set my plans in motion. Once that was done, I turned the tables on dear Roderick!"
Screenshot-191.jpg

As Samuel steps outside the cell, he's shocked when a very subdued and elderly Synapse walks in the cell and closes the door.

And as it clangs shut he hears the distinctive sound of the locks snicking closed!

With Synapse ranting inside!

Then Jennifer's words drift down to him as she slowly walks up the spiral staircase to the main floor.

Jennifer *laughing softly* "That contract you had him sign years ago Mr. Frio. It never said anything about ME not being able to lock HIM in the cell!"
Screenshot-208.jpg

Samuel shakes his head in amazement and heads home, as Roderick Synapse languishes in his new home, a cage of his own making, with only his cat Zoe for company.

The resident Evil Genius of Midnight Hollow trumped by the Neurotic Genius of a young woman he totally underestimated!
Screenshot-214.jpg

Back at the house, Lita Lucy is helping Lucas work on his walking.

Look at the amazed look on his cute little face as he takes step after step!
Screenshot-238.jpg

Now that their going steady, Marshall and Dahlia take some time for a romantic interlude.

He gives her a wonderful massage, fighting his urge to check the bathroom sink as he can hear water dripping!
Screenshot-93.jpg

Then they hold hands and when Dahlia smiles dreamily and looks into his eyes, I know the sink has been forgotten!

I'm glad Marshall finds her as appealing as I do! This girl is just so sweet.
Screenshot-96.jpg

And when he pops the wish to make out with Dahlia and immediately pulls her in for a long kiss, my worries are over!

I think this is our cue to check on other family members.
Screenshot-102.jpg

I find Kimberly chatting with Antony and again my heart sings!

Maybe she'll get to further their relationship from Good Friends into something more?

But not this time.

This meeting is all about repairing their friendship.

Apparently the prom fiasco dropped them from Good Friends back to Friends.

Kimberly *contritely* "I'm so sorry Antony! I don't know how things got so out of hand at prom. I really wanted to have a special night with you. Can you forgive me?"

Antony *with a smile* "Of course, I know it wasn't all your fault. And I know how hard apologizing is for you. So let's forget about prom and all that mess and just enjoy our friendship. We've been friends since we were toddlers Kimberly and one mistake isn't going to ruin something that special."
Screenshot-51.jpg

Later that day, I find Kimberly giving Lucas a bottle.

Kimberly *contritely* "I feel bad for stealing your candy Lucas, please forgive sissie?"

Lucas *happily* "Luv sissie!"

Kimberly: "You're so Good Lucas, just like Antony! I'm glad my Friendly trait shows up more than my Evil one!"

Lucas is too young to respond to that but I heartily agree.
Screenshot-9.jpg

After making amends with Antony and Lucas, Kimberly starts working on another book.

Her first Sci-Fi book was called, Evil Spy, and her current Drama novel she entitles Waiting for Evil!

I see a pattern here but if she can channel her Evil tendencies into her books and not at family and friends, I can live with that.
Screenshot-189.jpg

And Lorelei heads to the bookstore to find her last elusive recipe!

She completed her LTW of Culinary Librarian ages ago, but she's determined to learn every recipe.

But she's read all the ones available for purchase at the bookstore, learned some from recipes purchased traveling, and through Jared, and Cookin' Cable, and she's now at 98%!

After some research, I think it may be the Cheese Plate recipe that's found in France.

I'd like to make some kind of joke about it, but with her having No Sense of Humor, I don't think I can trump that one.
Screenshot-168.jpg

This chapter saw a lot of traits trumping others.

Some sims overcame their own traits and some sims overcame other sims traits!

Little Lucinda's Disciplined trait trumped Kimberly's Evil trait, and Kimberly allowed her Friendly trait to trump her Evil one too.

And Jennifer Doe used her Neurotic Genius traits to be become her own heroine, saving her family and putting Insane Evil Genius Roderick Synapse where he belongs, safely behind bars in the cage of his own making!

So what's up next for the residents of MH?

Well, Everleigh's little Christa should be having her natural child birthday soon, and the younger twins will be turning school-age as well.

And Kimberly's hoping to turn her friendship with Antony into something more than just being friends!

Let's see how that all turns out in Chapter 139--Teen Choices and Starting School
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2019, 01:59:32 PM »
Chapter 139-- Teen Choices and Starting School

Marshall has been getting some disturbing messages about his toddler IF doll Boinky.

Boinky never became an imaginary friend but somehow the magic of the doll keeps haunting him!

So he makes a hard decision. To give Boinky away! But who to give him too?

He checks with all his friends, explains the issue, and only one of them dares to accept the challenge of dealing with a magic doll.

Somehow Marshall thought the teens living in MH would be made of sterner stuff than that.

And he's a bit surprised at who takes him up on the offer.

The youngest Doe brother, Jordan, who's just recently become a teen.

But when I see Jordan choking himself on the front porch, I realize why he accepted. He's quite Insane!

But that may make dealing with the doll easier.
Screenshot-218.jpg

Marshall invites him inside, chats a bit to strengthen their friendship, and then offers his gift.

Marshall *a bit sadly* "I was really hoping to keep Boinky around, maybe for the next generation to play with, but I think  his magic is getting out of hand and I don't want to make our family journey any harder than it already is."

Jordan *acting surprised* "A gift for me?! You shouldn't have! And wrapped so beautifully! What a great idea!"

Marshall *doing a double take* "Umm, I thought I explained this on the phone Jordan. I have to give him as a gift…"

Jordan *smiling* "You did! I just wasn't expecting it to be so fancy. Other teens usually try to avoid me, not call and offer me gifts. Accept for Dahlia Ziggfield, she and I get along great! Hey, isn't she your girlfriend?"

Marshall *as understanding dawns* "Ahh, Dahlia mentioned she had a new friend that was a lot like her. And if you can take care of my old pal Boinky, I think we'll be great friends too! As a thank you, let's check out the new movies down at the Theatre!"

Jordan: "That'd be great Marshall. I'm finally old enough to see teen movies now but my family still doesn't like me going alone."

Marshall's not surprised by that bit of news at all.
Screenshot-222.jpg

And I find Kimberly working on a sketch on Miriam's old drafting table.

With her new Artistic trait she spends a lot of time painting and drawing so she's quite talented already.

Kimberly *happily* "Thanks Watcher! I'm not nearly as good as Dad or Aunt Miriam, but I'm hoping to be one day!"

Dee: "You will be! And I've noticed you popping all those LTW wishes related to art or making friends, as well as that Evil one! But you haven't complained at all that I can't let you choose one yet. What gives?"

Kimberly *her voice going a bit soft* "I have plans to meet Antony right after I finish this, and I'm hoping it goes well."

Dee: "Well, as in beyond friendship?"

Kimberly *blushing a bit* "Mmmhhhm."
Screenshot.jpg

And I'm happily surprised that Kimberly meets Antony at the Theatre just as the movie's getting out so I can keep and eye on both of the twins.

Marshall and Jordan eagerly chat about the great movie they saw as Kimberly looks fondly at Antony.

Antony's so engrossed in his book that he doesn't realize she's arrived and is looking at him with such longing.

I'm hoping she gets her wish and that this meeting goes well.

She actually asked him on a date via her phone, but somehow that just doesn't seem to work out for them as they don't get any date hearts when they get to the lot.

And she never has the 'ask out on a date' option available when they interact.

I'm hoping this isn't something related to his ghost status as I'd prefer to have his ghost genetics in the family line.
Screenshot-4.jpg

Kimberly sits next to him on the bench and Antony immediately asks her how her art project turned out.

Kimberly: "Oh, I made a really nice sketch of a suit jacket. The Watcher thinks I'm very talented."

Antony: "Oh, there's no question about that Kimberly! I've done some research on the Frio family and you come from a long line of talented artists!"

Kimberly *flattered* "You really think so? Wait! You've been checking up on my forebears?"

Antony *earnestly* "Oh, yes! Ever since you told me about this journey. Your family is so fascinating. Eight generations so far, moving from one town to another. My parents are just the Founders of our family, so I'm just the first generation. You've got so much family history behind you and even more ahead of you! It's quite the undertaking, this journey your family is on. I feel honored just getting this chance to know you and the rest of your family her in MH. My family lineage is sadly lacking compared to yours!"
Screenshot-9.jpg

Kimberly suddenly realizes why Antony has been reluctant to date her, to take their relationship to the next level.

He doesn't feel worthy!

This Brave boy with a heart of gold, that Goodness just oozes out of, doesn't feel worthy of her family!

She stands up abruptly and grabs both of his hands yanking him to his feet before her.

She sees the look of shock on his face but that doesn’t stop her!

Kimberly *staring into his eyes* "Now you just stop that right now! I never want you to disparage yourself or your family again! You may only be the first generation, but what a generation it is! Your parents overcame the greatest obstacle of all--death! Their love for each other was so great they didn't let a little thing like that stop them. They became a couple, married and had children, beautiful ghost children! In a town that didn't accept them. A town that is filled with the odd, the different, the bizarre, but still wouldn't accept them for what they were. Until my dad met them, fought his own pre-conceived ideas and befriended them. Sharing his knowledge with others so they too would realize what a joy the Salas family is. And that everyone deserves to have a family, friends, neighbors, to be part of a loving community. No matter how different. It's our differences that define us as individuals, but it's our basic need for love, acceptance, and friendship, that should bring us together as part of Simkind!"
Screenshot-22.jpg

Kimberly's on a roll, a rant, whatever you want to call it, so she doesn't stop there, not even if it means heartbreak.

She pulls Antony in for a kiss, pouring all her love for him into the first meeting of their lips!
Screenshot-28.jpg

When she pulls back and they both take a deep breathe, Antony stares at her for several moments.

Moments that allow a paparazzi and Joseph Doe to wander by.

But our Brave boy doesn't let that stop him as he pulls Kimberly back in for another kiss!

And their relationship jumps from best friends to romantic interests.

Dee *thinking* Well done my girl! Well done!*

And I'm not sure why Joseph's here on his own at all as I just got a message that his engagement to Maggie Flynn was prompted by the unexpected news of an impending nooboo! Maybe he's still reeling from the shock?
Screenshot-31.jpg

They flirt a bit, kiss some more, hug each other close, and watch the stars as Antony whispers sweet nothings in her ear.

I think things went better than Kimberly and I could have ever hoped.
Screenshot-42.jpg

Meanwhile, Tito Torre and Lita Lucy are on another important mission.

A trip to Moldy Missives for some toddler skill book reading with the younger twins.

Torre has Lucinda cuddle close as they read together.
Screenshot-99.jpg

Lucy reads with Lucas in the other alcove.
Screenshot-96.jpg

Then the twins hit the books on their own, paging through one after the other, while Torre and Lucy flirt close by.
Screenshot-103.jpg

What a productive afternoon and evening!

Marshall solved his IF doll problem and made a new friend, the younger twins breezed through the toddler books at the library, and Kimberly got her heart's desire with her first romantic interlude with Antony.

But Kimberly isn't taking any chances on Antony having second thoughts.

She helps little Letitia Hyde with her homework the next day for some extra credit at school, then she calls him and asks if he wants to check out the first night of the Summer Festival.

Her heart sings as she hears the anticipation in his voice as he happily agrees to meet her there.
Screenshot-91.jpg

He greets her with a passionate kiss.

Once this Brave boy got over his unworthiness, he's been quite eager to explore a romantic relationship.
Screenshot-121.jpg

Then she gives him flowers!

Our Friendly, Evil girl has no problem with role reversal.
Screenshot-124.jpg

They kiss, hug, she strokes his cheek and then pops the all important teen question!

Kimberly *tenderly* "I know you're the one for me Antony. Will you be my steady guy?"

Antony grabs her hand and gives it a squeeze saying: "No one could stop me from being with you now, my sweet."

Seems like more than one member of the Salas family has found love as soon after I get a message that Sandra is engaged to Mitchell Flynn and they're hoping to start a family soon!
Screenshot-141.jpg

The toddler twins spent the afternoon with their peg boxes.

Lucinda's maxed hers and Lucas isn't far behind.

Then it was potty, bottles, and naps before the big night.
Screenshot-82.jpg

Samuel brings Lucinda to her cake.

I don't know who's more excited, little Lucinda or her father!
Screenshot-162.jpg

And she ages up in a shower of sparkles, adding Mean-Spirited to her Disciplined and Hates the Outdoors traits!

Really Jared? One turquoise-haired child wasn't enough, you had to corrupt this little one with your mean-spirited trait?!?
Screenshot-168.jpg

Then it's Lucas' turn and Samuel again does the honors.

He's one proud and excited papa today!
Screenshot-182.jpg

And Lucas' gains…SLOB! Seriously? A Good, Slob who Hates the Outdoors.

Well, guess he won't care about new clothes, but since I do, it's off to Stylist!
Screenshot-192.jpg

Lucas' favorite color is Violet. A slob who likes Violet!

Not happening on my watch. Since he's Good, I doubt he'll complain either.

Here he is in a traditional little boy blue every day outfit, perfect for summer.

Not that he'll notice being in the house as much as possible.
Screenshot-204.jpg

I do indulge Lucinda with outfits in her favorite color black, mostly because I like it with her turquoise hair.

But we offset it against white so it's not so harsh.

Here she is in her summer every day outfit.

She looks like such a nice child….hard to believe she's mean-spirited.
Screenshot-196.jpg

But it doesn't take long for it to show up!

Especially with a older sister that's having a teenage mood swing!

Kimberly *eyes narrowing* "That remark was totally uncalled for, go to your room!"

Lucinda *standing her ground* "You're not the boss of me… Kimmie!"

Kimberly *eyes blazing* "Don't ever call me that again!"

Lucinda *with a mean smirk* "And just what are you going to do about it?….Kimmie!"

Wowsa---these two are going to be real fun in the same house for the coming weeks.
Screenshot-255.jpg

Since Lucinda's birthday took place before midnight, she has school in the morning, so she does head off to bed.

But she totally ignores her sister's order and chooses to sleep in the fairy house!

Unlike Lucas who gets 2 days off since Thursday is Leisure Day.

I have Lucinda focus on meeting new friends while she's at school and to my surprise she meets Christa Cole!

And Christa comes home after school with her.

Lucinda Hates the Outdoors so she didn't stay outside to chat with Christa, but Lorelei greets her niece and happily gets to know her.
Screenshot-228.jpg

The older twins have chosen their life partners.

Marshall with his sweet Dahlia and Kimberly finally managing to get Antony to commit to a steady relationship.

The younger twins had their child birthdays and Lucinda met Christa on her first day of school, brought her home and she's met her Aunt Lorelei.

But what of Lucas? Will he meet any family or new friends?

And Everleigh and Dean's son, Leighton, should be aging to teen soon. Can we catch them at home for a party?

Will MH bring more surprises?

Let's find out in Chapter 140-- Family and A Flirty Friend!
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2019, 11:52:14 PM »
Chapter 140-- Family and A Flirty Friend!

I forgot to check Christa's child trait or her favorites before popping her into stylist so I gave her a cute lilac dress for everyday, the one she's wearing when she's chatting with her Aunt Lorelei for the first time.

Lilac, violet, indigo, anything on the purple spectrum is my favorite.

Since her mother Everleigh's favorite is yellow, I choose this cute sleeveless one for her formal with small diamond studs in her ears.

The new earrings must have pinched just a bit from the startled look on her face.

But you just know Everleigh would deck her daughter out in Diva-style!
Screenshot-226.jpg

My favorite color for her athletic outfit.
Screenshot-223.jpg

And then her swimwear in a cute yellow and white polka dot pattern since it's summer.

Her grin let's me know she approves of this one.

Maybe I can invite the neighborhood to a pool party so she can show it off.
Screenshot-224.jpg

Samuel had an opportunity to gain some points with his boss if he made friends with Odessa Hyde and obtained an exclusive interview.

Since he's locked in a wish to reach level 9 of his career, we decide to give it a try.

Samuel calls Lucien and invites the whole family over.

Odessa agrees to come over since she needs to thank him anyway.

Samuel's not sure what that means but he finds out soon enough.

Odessa *earnestly* "I can't thank you enough for letting your Kimberly tutor our daughter Mr. Frio. Letitia keeps going on and on about how helpful Kimberly was explaining her math problems."

Samuel: "Kimberly? Not Marshall?"

Odessa: "Oh no, it was your definitely your daughter. Tia was so excited especially with all the helpful drawings she used."

Samuel *nodding with understanding* "Oh, if it involved drawing then I can see why Kimberly volunteered. She'll use any excuse to draw, paint, sketch, or sculpt. She's taking Art and Drama after school and always finds some way to work another project in."
Screenshot-86.jpg

Odessa *batting her eyes a bit* "I hear she gets her artistic talent from you. And I definitely see where her looks come from! She's a dark-haired beauty that takes after her tall, dark, and handsome father!"

Samuel's eyes open wide with dismay as he realizes his friends' wife is openly flirting with him!

And before he can stop her, she strokes his arm suggestively.

He firmly removes her hand and says: "Let's keep this professional Mrs. Hyde. The paper wants an exclusive but I won't wreck two families for a promotion or anything else!"

Odessa just laughs gleefully and they become instant friends!
Screenshot-81.jpg

I thought Odessa's attempt at flirtation would certainly cause upset within the Frio family, so I carefully check all of Samuel's relationships with his family members but nothing has changed.

The only one upset besides me and Samuel is poor little Letitia, who may be young but she's old enough to understand inappropriate behavior.

But not quite old enough to realize who's at fault.

So if looks could kill, the one she's giving Samuel would have had Grim showing up for sure!
Screenshot-80.jpg

Samuel is totally perplexed and immediately steps onto the porch and apologizes to Lucien.

Samuel: "Forgive me my friend. I don't know exactly what's going on here, but I meant no disrespect to you or your wife. I can tell my editor that it was all my fault and cancel the interview. Your wife will be free to give her story to another paper."

Lucien *shrugging helplessly* "No offense taken and nothing to forgive on your part. Odessa has an Insane sense of humor which can lead to inappropriate ways of testing people. And she tries to keep that Flirty trait in check, but she's so Neurotic, it's really hard for her Samuel. The story is yours my friend!" *wryly* "But please don't include her flirtatious test as some town's folk may take it the wrong way! And we don't need any more negative publicity. She generates enough as it is!"

Samuel shakes his head, jots down another note, and says: "Understood my friend! I'm just glad there weren't any paparazzi around to witness it!"

Even after being here in MH all these weeks, the residents can still shock and surprise him!

And me too! I was quite shocked when Odessa started flirting with Samuel.
Screenshot-88.jpg

Torre meets the Hyde family out on the sunporch and can't help but notice the sad look their young daughter is giving her father.

He doesn't know what's going on, but since this family is being interviewed by Samuel, he wisely asks no questions, just greets them cordially and tells them to make themselves at home.

They take him at his word and hang around far into the night, only heading for their own home after several requests.

A strange family indeed, but I do love little Letitia's looks with the pale skin she received from both parents and vibrant red hair that she inherited from her mother.

The quintessential look for Midnight Hollow and one that would definitely add some unique genetics to the Frio line.

A prospective spouse for Lucas perhaps? Only time will tell!
Screenshot-105.jpg

On the front porch, Marshall is concerned about something and shares his worries with his Lita.

Look at his expression! His face is sneering with disgust!

I hope he didn't overhear the conversation between Odessa and Samuel!

I breathe a sigh of relief as I hear Lucy's comment.

Lucy: "You can't take what you read in those papers to heart dear boy! *casting a scathing glance at the paparazzi rocking nearby* "They're not known for even containing an ounce of truth! Find something calming to do to take your mind off of it. You know you didn't pee yourself in public and we know you didn't and anyone that knows you and loves you won't believe it either. And that's what matters."
Screenshot-108.jpg

Realizing Lucy is right, Marshall decides to take a moment to focus on logic, something that always calms him.

He searches the night sky for passing meteors or unknown stars or phenomenon.
Screenshot-114.jpg

And I find someone else stargazing as well.

But not alone!

Kimberly and Antony are cuddled up on the festival lot lawn after hours.

Kimberly *softly* "Antony knows I don't like crowds so we came here when the park is mostly empty." *excitedly pointing* "Oh, look at that one Antony, isn't it beautiful!"

Antony only has eyes for his Kimberly but he agrees wholeheartedly: "Beautiful, my love. I could watch all night."
Screenshot-147.jpg

But Kimberly's softness is gone when she returns home and tries to sneak up on her Tito for a good scare.

But she's picked the wrong opponent again as little Lucinda got her Disciplined trait straight from her grandfather!

And he's had a much longer time to utilize it.
Screenshot-152.jpg

He just goes on dancing until Kimberly scratches her head in confusion.

Torre *whispering* "Is she still there Watcher?"

Before I can answer, Kimberly's voice trills out: "Yes, I'm still here! How do you guys do that?!"

Torre keeps on dancing, smiles, and says: "Discipline!"
Screenshot-157.jpg

The next afternoon, Lorelei sees Tatiana with little Tricia Salas, out for a walk.

And to my dismay she pops a wish to have another child with Samuel!

Look at her face! Her lips curve into a gentle smile as the thought strikes her.

And the smile fades as she realizes this is an impossible wish for me to promise her!

Lorelei: "Sorry Watcher. It just popped up out of nowhere! I'm just as surprised as you are. I know the house is full and that Samuel and I already have a terrible choice to make. Please look away and I'm sure it will disappear soon."

Dee: "You know I love nooboos Lorelei. I really wish I could let you have another one."

Lorelei *shaking her head* "But it wouldn't be just one, not if there was space in the house for more. And there's not even room for one, so it's a moot point. Just look away Watcher! I'll try to get rid of the idea as soon as I can. But now I know just how Glamma Carly felt with that wish popping up. It gives you such a heart ache. I understand now more than ever why they went back in the past and had Aunt Marcy. But don't worry. I'm not planning on anything like that! Two sets of twins is plenty to choose from for heirship."
Screenshot-116.jpg

Later that day after work, Torre goes over to the Cole's house to help train Everleigh so she an obtain a promotion.

And Everleigh's happy to oblige as it will trim down her figure to an acceptable Diva style.

Not sickly slim, but a toned and healthy svelteness that will show off her fashionable clothes even more!
Screenshot-217.jpg

Lucas took the opportunity to meet some of his extended family and joined him.

He gets to meet his cousin Leighton and it looks like the two of them are sizing each other up.

They look a lot alike with their Frio auburn hair, but not for long!
Screenshot-231.jpg

As it's time for Leighton's birthday!

He stands eagerly in front of his cake clapping and cheering for himself along with his father and his cousin Lucas.

The Cole's dining room is tiny so you can't see Everleigh or his grandparents on the other side of Dean, but they're just as enthusiastic.
Screenshot-240.jpg

I decide on a quick check of the main Frio home and I get there just in time to see Dahlia grabbing Marshall and dip kissing him for all she's worth!

I don't see him protesting but my eye is caught by someone else out in the front yard.
Screenshot-232.jpg

Kimberly, who's walking nonchalantly away from the booby trap she's just set!

I don't have time to reprimand her as I suddenly remember I have a birthday boy back at the Cole house.
Screenshot-243.jpg

But when I get back, I've missed yet another birthday boy aging to teen!

Bad, bad, Watcher!

I remember to check his traits and he adds Good Sense of Humor to Artistic, Virtuoso, and Perceptive!

Oh the irony of good traits not in the heirship line.

I do get a photo of him eating his birthday cake in a foreign outfit with hair I'm not fond of though.
Screenshot-245.jpg

So I pop him into stylist for a new hair style and decent clothes.

He loves black so a traditional suit for his formal is perfect.
Screenshot-247.jpg

And with his striking blue eyes, I can't resist using blue for his everyday.

But I do allow him to choose dark shoes.

He looks a bit stockier as a teen than he did as a child though.
Screenshot-246.jpg

And with his athletic outfit I see why.

This boy has got muscles not fat on him!
Screenshot-248.jpg

After Leighton's birthday party, I head back home to find Samuel and Lorelei celebrating their wedding anniversary watching the stars in the backyard.
Screenshot-264.jpg

Then they pull each other in for a romantic kiss.

Samuel *murmuring* "Happy Anniversary my love, it's sure been an adventure so far."

And Lorelei responds with: "And even more to come with all of them in school now."

Samuel *with a flirty look* "But with all of them in school, that leaves us more time to spend with each other, alone!"

Lorelei smiles and kisses him again saying: "I like how you think Mr. Frio!"
Screenshot-272.jpg

The Frio family is getting to know their extended relatives.

All four of the heirship line children are in school, with the younger twins just starting grade school and the older twins enjoying their teen years with their steadies.

Everleigh and Dean Cole's children are both in school now too, with Christa starting grade school with her younger cousins and Leighton just starting high school.

But big choices are ahead of us and the ghosts have a lot to say on the matter!

Join me for Chapter 141-- A Pool Party, Birthdays, and Heirship Controversy
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2019, 09:40:09 PM »
Chapter 141-- A Pool Party, Birthdays, and Heirship Controversy

Since the next day is Leisure day we have a pool party.

Our first guests are Christa Cole in her formal outfit and yes, she's Insane!

And the pale teen frowning at her outfit is Rory Hyde, son of Lucien and Odessa, Letitia's older brother.
Screenshot-4.jpg

The next arrivals are Dean Cole and Antony.

Apparently ghosts don't change into swimwear either?

Or does that mean Antony's got Insanity running in his family too?

His current traits are Brave, Good, Lucky, and Couch Potato, but the suit worries me!

Not that being Insane would be an unknown trait for the Frio's but it's just another indication that an active ghost is different.

Kimberly still can't ask him out on a date even though they're steadies now, the option just isn't there.

And Antony's icon disappears from her relationship panel shortly after she's with him.

Just odd things that make me nervous when considering him for her spouse, especially if she's chosen for heirship.
Screenshot-8.jpg

Marshall chats with new arrival Jordan Doe and he confirms his Insanity by being fully clothed with a long-sleeved sweater over a button-down shirt in 80 degree weather!

His conversation also solidifies our Insanity theory.

Marshall: "Hey congrats on winning that honors award at school. That was a tough test! Only true geniuses got anywhere near top scores!"

Jordan: "I learned everything I know from comic books. Captain Wonderful is such an amazing guy!"

Marshal just stares in shock with absolutely no idea how to respond to that.

Dee *whispering* "Why don't you show him where the pool is Marshall?"

Marshall: "Uh, yeah, let's head around back and join the others in the pool.

Jordan: "That's a great idea Watcher! It's really hot in this sweater."

Dee *facepalm* I keep forgetting that children, pets, and insane sims have no trouble hearing or talking to Watchers!*
Screenshot-12.jpg

And here's Lorelei greeting former Imaginary Friend Fluffs Frio!

That's Leighton Cole in the aqua trunks standing nearby. He seems to have lost most of his muscle tone!

Due to some IF doll glitches, Lorelei gave Fluffs the Imaginary Friend potion and made her real some time ago.

Unfortunately, she's bought into the socialite propaganda her in MH and is rarely home or willing to visit.

Unless it's a party! She attended one before but didn't make it into any of the photos for that chapter.

So here's her 10 seconds of fame!

She chats happily with Lorelei for a few minutes then each of them moves on to enjoy the pool and great food served that day.
Screenshot-26.jpg

Here's a group enjoying the pool!

Lorelei swimming around as Samuel uses a floaty.

Carrie Limb and Rory Hyde getting to know one another as they relax in the corner.

And Aunt Miriam encouraging young Lucas to brave the outdoors so he can enjoy a swim.

Marshall and Jordan haven't found the pool yet. No surprise there.
Screenshot-35.jpg

Lucinda braves the outdoors too to join her cousin Christa on the teeter totter.

But gets interrupted when Tatiana Salas requests a photo of her for her scrapbook.

I'm not sure what Leighton's doing as he keeps showing up as a bystander.
Screenshot-34.jpg

Oh, I see why Marshall's not in the pool!

He's found Dahlia and is getting in a little romance time.

These two are so sweet together.
Screenshot-36.jpg

But these two aren't getting along at all.

Apparently Dean's being his totally Inappropriate self and the red minus signs are flying!

Lucy: "Dean Cole how dare you flirt with me! Look at everyone's rude guest moodlet. You need to get that trait under control young man! Do you want Torre slapping you silly again? Or worse?"

Dean just smiles and walks on into the house thinking about young Lucinda. That's odd.
Screenshot-38.jpg

Until Lucinda's Mean-Spirited trait comes to the fore and she gives Dean what for!

Lucinda *outraged* "How rude Uncle Dean! Flirting with Lita. You are so old enough to know better! If I was old enough to know Martial Arts I would chop you down like that! And if you don't watch your step, I'll have Tito Torre do it right now!"

He's so shocked that someone's called him on his behavior that he stares at her in stunned disbelief.

Imagine that, Inappropriate Detective Dean Cole being dressed down like a child, by his young niece no less.

Well, as they say, what goes around, comes around, and Dean's been asking for it for years!

Lita Lucy and Leighton just chat away like the other two aren't even there, but from the smile on Lucy's face, I know she's proud of her granddaughter.
Screenshot-40.jpg

And then I realize that we have something besides Leisure Day to celebrate.

Lucy's birthday!

I've been putting it off for awhile now, but the day has finally arrived for our Golden Goddess to lose her blonde tresses.

She stands in front of her cake as family and friends troop into the dining room.

There's so many still here from the pool party that a large group hangs back in the kitchen.

But who's in the forefront of the crowd cheering her on? Dean of all people!

But he's actually mocking her, typical Inappropriate sim.

I don't think he's aware of the frown on his father-in-laws face though.

I have a feeling Dean's in for it if he keeps it up.
Screenshot-61.jpg

Then Lucy ages to elder and I miss her blonde hair already!

But she seems happy enough with a big smile for her elder photo.
Screenshot-72.jpg

Then it's Samuel's turn.

As he stands there in his swim trunks, I stare in amazement at his hairy chest, thankful that it was a daughter that inherited his hair color and not a son.

The room is filled with laughter and cheers as he blows out his candles and begins to sparkle.
Screenshot-89.jpg

And he ages to adult, having the typical mid-life crises, though he looks just the same!

In the ensuing mob scene and routing issues for cake, both Samuel and Lorelei do the 'I can't move and I'm so disgusted I'm going to tap my foot and stick my nose up in the air' action!

Like that really helps the situation.

Leighton with his Good Sense of Humor can't hold back a smirk and neither can I.

The two of them look so funny!

And I think Lucinda's doing the same thing but Lorelei's arm is blocking her face.

Note to self: A large open kitchen/dining room would work better!
Screenshot-96.jpg

With cake consumed by all who wish to partake, I focus on Lucy's elder wardrobe.

I very painstakingly use a mix of white and black and gray and make outfits befitting an Irresistible 5-star musical celebrity entering her elder years.

As Everleigh would say, "You may have wrinkles, but don't dress like a frump mom!"

This one, her career outfit, is one of my favorites.
Screenshot-107.jpg

I provide an entire wardrobe totally satisfied with myself and realize as I'm shutting down my game later, that it's Miriam who likes gray!

Lucy's favorite color is Spice Brown!

And all of Lucy's new outfits are gray or a mix of white/gray or black and grey, like her athletic wear below.

I think she was trying to get my attention in this one, but I missed it at the time.

I wish there was a pop-up in stylist that reminded you of their favorite color!

Sorry Lucy, I will have to fix your wardrobe next time I'm in game.

On the plus side, I think she looks fantastic in the clothes we chose!
Screenshot-104.jpg

I'm wondering if Lucy's changed appearance will affect her relationship with Torre but I don't wonder long!

After the last guests have gone home, I find them in their sleepwear giving each other the same romantic looks that they've shared since they were teens.
Screenshot-122.jpg

Lucy gives him her trademark wink and blows him a kiss and Torre melts just like he always does.

Torre *huskily* "You'll always be my one and only Mrs. Frio."
Screenshot-125.jpg

And unable to wait any longer he pulls her in for a passionate kiss!

Her birthday hasn't changed a thing.

These two have so much love and chemistry between them that that old Love Tester was right.

"Burning" even after all these years!
Screenshot-130.jpg

And as the house settles down for the night, the family ghosts pay us a visit.

First Adam, choosing a rocker on the sunporch.

Adam *thoughtfully* "The days are winding down Watcher. The older twins age up next week. Any ideas about heirship?"

Dee: "You know I always have ideas Adam. The bigger question is who wants to accept the privilege and responsibility of it? And it's a very difficult choice this generation."

Adam: "Are you planning on waiting for the younger twins to age to YA before deciding? That would give us several more weeks here in this town. Weeks that would be detrimental to Kimberly, even with her extended genie lifespan."

Dee: "I've thought of that Adam. A lot. With both of the younger twins having the Hates the Outdoors traits, Lucinda inheriting Jared's Mean-Spirited trait, and Lucas becoming a Slob, I'm not so sure about waiting any more. Kimberly is the one that has her father's Artistic and Friendly traits, along with Founder Claire's Loner trait, and Heath's Evil one, and she has the Marshall dark hair, the first in the Frio lineage."

Adam *smiling* "So it's coming down to hair color again, just like I thought!"

Dee *wryly* "Well, not just that. There is the plus of Antony Salas as her spouse. A lot of the families in MH have that trademark pale skin, but the Salas family being active ghosts would bring in very unique genetics to the Frio line."

Adam: "There's no question about that! But…"

Dee: "Yes, I know! If I choose Kimberly and Antony, or if Lorelei and Samuel choose them, AND they accept, that would mean losing the fairy genetics in the heirship line."

Adam *shocked* "Oh, I was going to say we still have YA traits and LTW's to finalize before choosing an heir couple. But losing the fairy genetics from the heirship line…I don't know what to say."

My heart aches for Adam as he sees the decision before us. He brought the fairy genetics into the family line when he chose Sophie Rodgers back in Moonlight Falls, our first magical town. And now in Midnight Hollow, those fairy genetics could be the last in the heirship line.
Screenshot-110.jpg

Then I find Founder Claire in a rocker on the open front porch.

She sighs with relief at her solitude and I'm thankful that my presence doesn't disturb that.

A miffed Claire is not one I want to be chatting with. Been there. Done that.

Claire: "It's okay Watcher. I'm just glad all the others finally left so I could enjoy this beautiful summer night."

Dee: "It is a nice night. We were worried earlier with the rain this morning, but it cleared up and was a perfect summer day for a pool party. I wish that was all that was on my mind."

Claire: "Big decisions ahead that's for sure."

Dee: "Bigger than anyone expected I think with two sets of twins so far apart in age. Both sets having a fairy, one child having her father's dark hair, one having her grandfather's turquoise hair, and the two boys bringing back the auburn hair!"

Claire: "I always loved Jared's hair. He was a beautiful young man! Mean and rotten but beautiful. And we made beautiful children together. Rae and Jenna, Heath and Audra, they were all good kids, each in their own way. But I knew it was Rae from the moment I laid eyes on her! I felt it in my heart that it was her destiny to be our heir. And I was right, she did a fine job. Her and her Sam producing Adam, our Ambitious writer with such high hopes. Hopes he fulfilled in every way. It's hard to disappoint him isn't it?"

Dee *swallowing a lump in my throat* "Very hard. He loved his Sophie so much and was so proud of adding her fairy genetics to the family. Choosing human Lorelei for the next heir was difficult but I couldn't bear to give up Des' turquoise hair. It was just so IP, sunny skies, crystal clear water. But with Torre still carrying the fairy genetics we still had a chance on keeping them in his grandchildren. With Kimberly and Antony that chance would be gone."

Claire: "I hate to play devil's advocate Watcher, but if you choose Marshall or Lucinda you get to keep the fairy genetics. And the Auburn or Turquoise hair. Lucinda is Marcy as a child but with Sophie's original wings. And she's born in the right town. Just because she doesn't have the best traits, well, traits are what we all try to overcome. It's been part of this journey from the beginning. After all, mine and Jared's traits were no picnic. And you never know who she'll pair up with. I think several families in town have a son her age, or close to it anyway. I'd leave things open for a bit longer. See what develops and give them all a chance at heirship. After all, we gave Marcy a shot, so it seems only fair if Lorelei and Samuel haven't made a choice already, like I did with Rae."
Screenshot-109.jpg

Claire's words haunt me as I see a light pop on in the nursery and head in to check it out.

Looks like Torre was concerned too as the twins have school tomorrow and it's late.

But the twins are both sound asleep, with Lucinda dreaming about football and Lucas dreaming about staying in the house.

Jared *chuckling* "It's just me you worry warts. Torre go be with your wife. The Watcher and I will watch over the children while we chat."

Torre looks a bit worried with the idea of Jared watching over the children but I reassure him that if they wake, I will send them back to bed.

Jared *chuckling* "I see another potential heir's picked up one of my traits Watcher! And you weren't too happy about it. Made my day listening to you rant at me!"

Dee: "I wish it was just your traits being inherited that was the issue Jared. But bigger things are at stake this generation."

Jared: "It's going to be a tough decision any way you look at it Watcher. It has been ever since Logan and Sadie. Each generation's children have their own unique set of traits and genetic features. And they choose their life partners, some with the idea of staying in a town and others knowing they want to continue the journey as heirs or spares. Maybe you should give them some credit, let things develop some more and the choice could be made without so much fuss!"

Dee: "Well, I see everyone has a lot to say on the subject tonight! I feel like I'm breaking Adam's heart if heirship goes to Kimberly, Claire's playing devil's advocate and thinks I should give the younger twins a shot at heirship as well, especially since Lucinda is a young Marcy but with original pink wings. And you're telling me to let the children grow up, make their own decisions and not to fuss about it!"

Jared *nodding* "Yeah that pretty much sums it up Watcher. All that text up above and you trimmed it down to two sentences. You do have a tendency to get wordy sometimes."

I can hear Jared's laugh as I storm out of the room.
Screenshot-113.jpg

And find Rae in the hallway.

Her smile lets me know she heard the whole thing and her words confirm it.

Rae *sympathetically* "Mom and Dad can sure be direct Watcher. I'm really glad heirship was an easy choice for me and Samuel. Like mom knew it was me, I always knew it was Adam, and with Clarisse choosing to be with Cemre, it just fell into place. But maybe mom and dad are right to suggest giving it more time. Like you did with us first gen kids. Jenna and Heath chose partners that needed to stay in Sunset Valley. Maybe the children here will be able to show you their hearts if you give them a little more time."

Dee: "My heads spinning with all the advice and possibilities Rae! But I think you're right. We still have several more days before Marshall and Kimberly become young adults and a few days later, Lucinda and Lucas become teens. And I've not even discussed any of this with Lorelei or Samuel yet, they may have already chosen. For now, we'll just let all four of the children be children and enjoy the next week."
Screenshot-116.jpg

The next day is a school day so the house is pretty quiet until the bus shows up in the afternoon.

But only Lucinda gets off the bus and flies quickly towards the house to get out of the awful outdoors.

Kimberly has Art Class and Marshall has Geology Class after school.

Dee *worried* "Where's Lucas, Lucinda? Wasn't he on the bus?"

Lucinda *flying by* "No, he went to a friend's house after school."
Screenshot-190.jpg

I track Lucas down at the Hyde home where I find him doing homework with Letitia!

I'm thrilled at his choice of a study partner and beginning to think the ghosts were right about giving the children more time to make choices on their own.

But the conversation is a bit concerning.

Letitia: "Now that we're friends Lucas, you can call me Tia. My parents only call me Letitia when I'm in trouble!" *hesitantly* "Speaking of parents, have you ever wondered if your parents would split up, get divorced? I think mine might be happier if they did!"

Lucas *looking up from his homework* "No, my parents get along really well and so do my grandparents. What makes you think yours would be happier if they split up?"

Tia: "Well, I don't want to be a tattle tale but my Mom flirts a lot." *biting her lip* "She even flirted with your dad the other day! He told her to stop but I was mad at him anyway. Then my dad explained that your dad is his friend and that it wasn't his fault. He blamed it all on my mom but said it really wasn't her fault either as she's the product of her traits, the Neurotic, Insane and Flirty ones mostly."

Lucas *thoughtfully* "I can see my dad telling her to stop. He loves my mom a lot and he's a Snob. He won't put up with anything that might ruin his or the family's reputation. But traits can be really hard to fight Tia and the three that your mom has, wow, one would be tough to live with, but all three! I see why your dad says it's not her fault. But my family tries to help each other overcome negative traits. My Aunt Miriam encouraged me to try out the pool even though I Hate the Outdoors, and it was really fun. I didn't stay out there long, but I did it. And if I can overcome it once, then I can do it again. Maybe longer next time."

Tia *doubtfully* "But how do you overcome such awful traits like my mom's?"

Lucas "I'm not sure. But I do know that one of my ancestors was Insane and one of her granddaughter's too. And they both lived very happy lives and had lots of children. Her son was Neurotic, which he passed on to my great-glamma Carly. And her son Matt was Neurotic AND Flirty. So there's got to be a way. And my Uncle Dean, who lives here in town, he's Inappropriate. He flirted with my Lita! My sister yelled at him for that. But she couldn't help it. She's Mean-Spirited and just loves to yell at people. It will be hard for your mom to fight all her traits but you and your dad and your brothers could all help her, couldn't you? Be supportive and stuff? We could ask at the library for books that might help her too!"

Tia *happily* "Wow, Lucas I thought you'd be mad at what she did, not want to help her. My dad was right, your dad is his friend and I'm really glad you're mine!"
Screenshot-198.jpg

To prove his point about overcoming traits, Lucas offers to tell Tia and her older brother Rory a ghost story.

Outside!

He tells the whole thing and they're both so enthralled that they get scary shivers down their spines.

And who knows what could come from this encounter.

At the least, Lucas made a friend.

At the most, he may have saved a family.
Screenshot-258.jpg

A great neighborhood pool party with two birthdays, Lucy's elder one and Samuel's adult birthday.

Several intense discussions with the family ghosts which led to the decision of giving the four children more time before choosing an heir.

And Lucas began a friendship with Letitia (Tia) Hyde. Who knows where that might lead?!

But Ian and Miriam still have young children, two toddlers and two nooboos.

And we know what that means---more cake!

If we can catch them at home. Everyone is real busy out and about in Midnight Hollow.

Who would have thought it would be such a social town!

Let's see if we can find them at home in Chapter 142-- An Heirship Discussion and More Birthdays
Coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2019, 10:31:04 PM »
Chapter 142-- An Heirship Discussion and More Birthdays

The next morning Lucy and Lorelei chat about the great pool party that turned into a double birthday party.

And Lucy smiles as she confesses that turning elder wasn't as big a deal as she thought.

Lucy: "I feel comfortable in this skin, in this life stage, and as the mother of three and grandmother of 10, it just feels right now!"

Lorelei: "I'm glad Mom! And I think you look terrific in your new nightie. But what's with the gray and white?"

Lucy *smirking* "That would be Watcher error! She thought I liked gray but after my make-over she realized that my favorite color is Spice Brown. It's Miriam and Ian that like gray!"

Lorelei *thoughtfully* "Well, the Watcher's been a bit distracted lately. Kimberly and Marshall age to YA soon, so I'm thinking she's got heirship on her mind. I know Samuel and I do. We were just thinking that with all four of the kids in school, we've now got more time for ourselves and each other. But the reality is that we need to start discussing it soon."

Lucy: "Yes. And I don't think it's going to be an easy choice with four of them. Unless you and Samuel have a feeling about one of them over the others?"

Lorelei: "Not a knowing like others have had, we can see the positives and negatives for each of them. The older twins still have one more trait and their LTW's to choose and the younger ones haven't even aged to teen for that important trait yet. I think I agree with the Founders and Rae. We need to give it more time so we can see the big picture. And the children may make some decisions of their own."

Lucy: "You're still my Brave girl! Just taking it all in stride and not getting stressed about it. Even considering others opinions and those of the children themselves."

Lorelei *laughing a bit* "I think you may be attributing too much to my Brave trait! Being a Couch Potato, I've had lots of time to think about it. And the ghosts, as well as you and dad, have always been so supportive and given me good advice, even Founder Jared, in his own Inappropriate way!"
Screenshot-141.jpg

Then Lucy and Torre head off to enjoy the Summer Festival.

Lucy strolls around with her sunbrella just soaking up the golden rays.

She flirts with the idea of participating in an eating contest but decides she's too full for that.
Screenshot-150.jpg

Torre decides to indulge in a snow cone and gets the stuffed moodlet as well as brain freeze!

Torre *thinking* I need to walk off last night's cake as well as that snow cone now!*
Screenshot-151.jpg

He suits his action to his thoughts and strides across the festival grounds.

Then he spots Everleigh by the photo booth.

He greets his youngest daughter with a hug and heartfelt words.

Torre: "It's so nice to see you out and about sweetie. Surprising that you picked the festival but nice just the same."

Everleigh: "I'm fighting my Loner trait dad but it's easier to handle the festival in the early morning hours when there's not such a crowd!"
Screenshot-184.jpg

On the other side of the booth, I spot another familiar face, Miriam!

She's chatting with a prospective client about a reno project he has in mind.

Miriam *enthusiastically* "I'd love to work on a music studio for you Mr. Jun. Call me later with the details and we'll set up a home visit so we can look over the space together. With Mrs. Jun of course. Annie's got such great style, I can't wait to get her input for the design!"

Hyun-Moon: "Sounds great to me Mrs. Frio. I know she has some definite ideas about color, and I'm leaving that area totally up to the two of you! I'm color blind so it doesn't matter to me what the room looks like. I'm more concerned with playing my music in a room that's set up for perfect sound!"

Miriam: "I'll definitely be doing some research on that. I know my mother-in-law has some trouble with echoes in the open floor where her music equipment is."

Hyun-Moon *smiling* "I definitely trust Lucy's opinion. In fact, she's the one that recommended I get in touch with you when I mentioned my reno project."

Miriam: "Mom's always been one of my greatest supporters. I'll have to do something for her as a thank you. I'll be waiting to hear from you soon."
Screenshot-186.jpg

Torre and Lucy decide to get a photo and have Everleigh and Miriam join them.

Lucy: "It'll be my first festival photo as an elder. And I'm glad Everleigh and Miriam are here to share the moment with us!"

Torre *sweetly* "Your first festival photo was back in Riverview when we were teens. You're even more beautiful now my love!"

Lucy *shaking her head but secretly flattered* "I'm sure that's not true, but I thank you for saying it dear."

Torre *looking at her over his shoulder* "I'm not exaggerating a bit. Now I see you through eyes that are filled with all the love and tenderness we've shared throughout our years together. You've always been my rock Lucy, my foundation that everything else is built upon."
Screenshot-160.jpg

And his words have Lucy smiling brightly beside him, though typical of Frio males, Torre is quite solemn.

Miriam gives us a cheery wave and grin in an unusual happy moment.

As Everleigh poses with her arms crossed behind her and flashes a subtle Diva smile.
Frio summer festival original.jpg.jpg

Back at the house Lorelei is avidly reading a recipe!

Dee: "A new recipe?"

Lorelei *concentrating on the page* "I think this one will be the final one I need Watcher! It's the recipe for Cheese Plate from France. I knew travelling there wasn't possible so I never dreamed I'd be able to achieve 100% on my recipes, but my boss gave it to me before I left work on Wednesday!"
Screenshot-274.jpg

I watch in anticipation as she gets closer and closer to the end of it.

Then in a burst of confetti, Lorelei claps and smiles, totally satisfied with her accomplishment!

I check her stats and she's reached her goal of 100% for recipes learned.

But nothing really amazing happens. There's not even a message for this stupendous achievement.

I'm a bit disappointed but she's not.

Dee: "Sorry Lorelei. I thought there'd be a bit more fanfare."

Lorelei: "No worries Watcher. It's the inner satisfaction of being a Couch Potato and still accomplishing my goals! I might prefer lazing about but that doesn't mean I'm not productive. And with this accomplishment I have another goal on my agenda."
Screenshot-280.jpg

She makes a phone call and then goes outside to check the mail waiting for her guest.

It's none other than her boss, Kara Carter!

Lorelei greets her eagerly and shares her joy in learning every recipe throughout Simland.
Screenshot-156.jpg

Lorelei's hoping to get a promotion to nudge her up to level 5 in her culinary career.

It's been pretty slow going with time off for both her pregnancies and then extended time off to care for each set of twins.

But Kara can only offer her a permanent $7 simolean per hour raise at this time.

She does promise to reevaluate Lorelei's performance after her next few work shifts and see what she can do.

This whole encounter boosts them up to good friends, so Lorelei feels good about their friendship and the raise.
Screenshot-169.jpg

Lorelei's not the only one focusing on a career right now.

Samuel got an op to read a book to gain some job experience and improve his relationship with his boss.

He wasn't happy to find the seat of his easy chair booby trapped though!

After his initial shock and irritation, he settled down to his book.

Lucy' smile lets me know she saw the whole thing though and I'm sure she'll be laughing about it with Torre later!
Screenshot-407.jpg

I check Kimberly's moodlets for the pranked icon but don't find one.

Then I see this when I pop to the 3rd floor!

It was Marshall who booby trapped the chair Samuel sat in!

I guess it's not just Evil teens that set pranks, as Marshall looks pretty satisfied about pulling this one off!

And there's Lucy working on her last song for guitar.

She recently discovered some song books she'd never learned and is determined to master them all.
Screenshot-463.jpg

Left to her own devices, Lucinda likes to play pretend without any encouragement from me.

The next morning she dressed up as a pink dinosaur and was scary-roaring around the 2nd floor.

Her fairy wings mesh so well with the costume she looks more like a dragon than a dinosaur!
Screenshot-284.jpg

At Uncle Ian's and Aunt Miriam's house it was dressing up as a princess, being very snobby and regal!

I love her princess hand wave, so spot on!

She's thinking about dragons too. This girl would have loved moving to Dragon Valley.

Unfortunately, that towns a few jumps down the line.

That's Kimberly in the background with one of her nephews teaching him to talk.
Screenshot-392.jpg

Yes, Ian and Miriam and both sets of twins were home on Saturday.

I managed to get all the main Frio family members in one motive mobile and they descended on Ian's home en masse!

Ian's family comes out to welcome them.

Miriam's on the porch with two toddlers and Ian's holding Ryan, so the younger twins have already aged up.

Let's take a closer look at them.
Screenshot-305.jpg

Here's little Mandi next to her big brother Garreth.

And I think she has Miriam's blonde hair!
Screenshot-316.jpg

Here's a close-up in stylist in her pink and white swimwear.

And she definitely inherited mommy's big blue eyes!
Screenshot-314.jpg

It took me awhile to find her twin Randy.

The little stinker was hiding in the toy box upstairs!

He likes dragons too!

I'm starting to think this is more than a hint to jump to Dragon Valley, but it's not in the cards for this generation.
Screenshot-324.jpg

Here's Randy's close-up in his blue jammies.

He got Miriam's blonde hair too, but his eyes are golden brown, maybe from Miriam's side of the family?
Screenshot-320.jpg

Torre, Lucy, and Lorelei have to go to work this afternoon so we need to get the older toddlers birthdays going ASAP.

Lucy gets Garreth and brings him to his cake.

I thought the foyer would work better than their tiny kitchen and dining room, but it had it's own drawbacks.

Namely the double front door slamming into Lucy every time someone walked in!
Screenshot-329.jpg

Then Lucy took him outside to age up!

So here he is, sparkles and new Absent-Minded trait and all.
Screenshot-343.jpg

I remembered to check and his favorite color is red, so here's his new every day outfit.
Screenshot-351.jpg

Next up is Ryan and I decide to try the kitchen rather than the foyer/outside route.

Lucy does the honors again, and sets the birthday boy down on the kitchen floor.
Screenshot-363.jpg

The kitchen was too small for a good picture of Ryan so here he is in his train pj's recolored in his favorite aqua.

He gained the Snob trait so I thought these would be fitting.
Screenshot-376.jpg

Lorelei and Samuel are content to let their children grow up a bit more before choosing an heir.

So we're going to let the heirship issue simmer along for a bit longer.

But some important milestones are still coming for Lorelei and Samuel.

Let's see what happens in Chapter 143-- Achieving Goals and Aging Up
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2019, 04:43:52 PM »
Chapter 143-- Achieving Goals and Aging Up

It's time for Lorelei's adult birthday and Lucy throws a big party inviting all their family and friends.

Lorelei proudly stands by her cake as cheers and noise makers erupt all around her.
Screenshot-414.jpg

Our Brave heir doesn't even bat an eye as she becomes and adult.

No mid-life crises for her!

She poses hands on her hips with Dahlia, Miriam, Fluffs, and Lucas excitedly cheering behind her.
Screenshot-435.jpg

But where's Samuel?

I find him upstairs working on a painting!

Dee: "Samuel you're missing Lorelei's birthday!"

Samuel: "Oh, I'll have to finish this later. I'm painting her portrait as a surprise for her birthday but I think the light may be too dim up here. There's too much shadow. I'll have to finish it later. Come on Garreth, let's go join the party!"
Screenshot-455.jpg

Back in the kitchen, Marshall only has eyes for Dahlia and he kisses her with abandon in front of the whole crowd.

Lorelei smiles at her Brave son while Tito Torre looks on totally embarrassed by the young lovers.

And Samuel looks down as if he's a bit embarrassed too.
Screenshot-440.jpg

But not so as he decides to follow his son's actions and pulls Lorelei into his arms for a romantic kiss!

Marshall seems a bit surprised by his parents' public display of affection but the rest of the crowd looks on with delight.

Especially Torre now that adults have joined in on the kissing. He actually looks proud of them!

And what's that maid doing with the cake? Hey, buddy, the guests want their cake!
Screenshot-441.jpg

I guess the maid dished it all up and passed it out to the guests!

Not even one routing issue at this party, so birthdays will take place in the kitchen from now on.
Screenshot-449.jpg

Lorelei relaxes on the couch, her favorite place, and watches her young nephew Garreth dance.

Fairies have natural rhythm and love to dance and he's no exception.
Screenshot-446.jpg

Before she heads home, we get a shot of Fluffs in her IF costume.

I think the blue brings out her eyes.
Screenshot-451.jpg

Kimberly and Lucinda share a moment for some sisterly bonding as they got off on the wrong foot earlier in their relationship.

But I'm wondering if Lucinda still holds some resentment about the stealing candy episodes when she and Lucas were toddlers!

She seems more interested in joining her cousin Christa in doing homework than she does in her sisters apology.

Or maybe she's intrigued by the crown Christa's wearing.
Screenshot-452.jpg

With the party over and guests gone, Kimberly grabs her favorite dish, ratatouille, and claps happily before taking her first bite.

Her mother made it perfectly so Kimberly devours the whole plate!
Screenshot-457.jpg

But not all the guests have gone home.

Looks like Marshall is still saying goodbye to Dahlia.

Marshall *brushing her hair back* "No, I love you more."

Dahlia *smiling* "Not possible, I love you more."

These two make me smile every time I see them together.
Screenshot-464.jpg

And I find Kimberly and Lucas giggling over gossip.
Screenshot-470.jpg

These two get along much better than the sisters.

They're such good friends they share a comforting hug!

Oh, there's the rockin' rider, will Lucas have as much fun chasing bandits as Marshall did?
Screenshot-473.jpg

Nope, our Brave Lucas tries to discover potions in his free time.
Screenshot-2.jpg

When Lorelei gets home that evening, she's proudly wearing her new uniform.

She got her promotion and shares her news with Jared.

He behaves himself and doesn't make any disparaging remarks for a change.

Lorelei's so excited to reach her goal of level 5 in the culinary career, that she wishes to reach level 8!

Lorelei: "Being a Couch Potato, I was surprised I even wanted to get to this level Founder Jared, but now that I've reached it, I just want to spread my wings and fly even higher!"

Jared: "I'm proud of you girl! Earning 100% on your recipes learned, being Brave enough to ask for a promotion, and cool enough to accept the raise when the promotion wasn't offered immediately. Your perseverance in your shifts has helped you reach your goals. And with attaining them, you've set your sights higher. Definitely a chip off the old block!"
Screenshot-474.jpg

The next morning Lucy's still focused on learning all the songs for all four of the instruments she plays.

Torre bought them for her long ago but she just found some of them recently and wants to learn them all before it's time for her and Torre to find a place of their own.

She mastered all the songs for guitar so now she's working on piano.
Screenshot-475.jpg

Samuel's read his special ops book and is eagerly heading off to his last day of being an Editor in Chief.

He hopes!
Screenshot-70.jpg

And his hopes are realized as he walks out of the building A Star News Anchor and completes his LTW!

Due to the way this building works, it was impossible to get a closer picture without the building fading away.

But close-up or not, our Samuel is proud as punch of his accomplishment.
Screenshot-478.jpg

So excited that he decides to do another op and jog home in the rain!

Maybe not the best decision, but who am I to squash someone's enthusiasm.
Screenshot-481.jpg

Kimberly and Antony didn't get to spend much time together at the Leisure Day pool party as he had to work, so she takes the opportunity to visit Antony at his home next door.
Screenshot-228.jpg

They pillow fight.

A lot.

Smashing each other silly as feathers go flying!
Screenshot-235.jpg

And share a romantic kiss.

The reason for her being in her nightgown is that I found her sleeping in a sleeping bag outside on his lawn!

All the pillow fighting must have tired her out.

I had her get up, go inside, kiss Antony goodbye, and go home, which is right NEXT door!

Silly teenagers. Whatever was she thinking?

But we learned a few things though:

1) Active ghosts rarely sleep as none of the Salas family ever went to bed while she was sleeping outside.

2) Sleeping in a bed inside the house is considered inappropriate but sleeping outside on the lawn is okay!
Screenshot-270.jpg

Across town, Torre and Lucy are at a party and they dress up in their formal best.

Torre looks dashing as ever in his gray and white suit as he dances to the music.
Screenshot-219.jpg

And Lucy, what can I say?

Lucy plays her heart out.

The other guests don't seem that impressed but Lucy's face says it all.

Music is the heart and soul of her life!
Screenshot-221.jpg

Then I get a message that a puppy is stuck on another lot.

I click on the puppy's icon and it brings me over to the local cemetery.

Lorelei was right all those weeks ago when she spotted this lot from the plane.

It IS Grim's Ghastly Manor!***

I reset the puppy and it disappears to a safe place hopefully not to get stuck again.

But maybe someone in the Frio household should check out this lot before they leave town?
Screenshot-300.jpg

Lorelei's become an adult and has reached level 5 in her chosen career of Culinary.
But to my surprise and her own, our Couch Potato now wants to reach level 8!

Samuel's completed his Lifetime Want of Star News Anchor, level 10 of the Journalism career!
Now he can relax, tell Impressive Stories, and paint Masterpieces to his heart's content.

Torre and Lucy are making the most of their time left with the family before they move to their own home together.
With Lucy focusing on learning all the songs available for each instrument she's mastered.

The children are making friends and building up their skills so they can all be prepared for heirship, if it's bestowed upon them and they accept the privilege and responsibility.

Will the older twins want to get engaged and married right away?
Or will they work on their skills, careers, and LTW's first?

With teen birthdays coming up soon for the younger twins, it will be interesting to see what new traits they receive and who they become friends with. Or more than friends!

And we will soon say goodbye to one of our most romantic couples, Torre and Lucy.

So a bit of sadness ahead, but exciting times too as we draw closer to young adulthood for the older twins and the teenage years for the younger set.

Join me in Chapter 144--Unexpected News
Coming soon.

***Author's note: Grim's Ghastly Manor is not original to MH. It is a Store lot that I added via Edit Town and placed where the original town cemetery lot was. It was the perfect size so I'm thinking it's meant for this lot! Though I don't know what ghosts I may have displaced removing the original lot.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2019, 09:46:04 PM »
Chapter 144-- Unexpected News

Lucas goes over to the Ziggfield house after school the next day.

He happily plays chess with Dahlia's younger brother, Nathanael, who's just started High School.

Nathanael: "Thanks for teaching me how to play bro. Since Dahlia graduated she's been spending a lot of time with our folks discussing guardianship. They're at City Hall now going over some papers. And Gayle doesn't like to play games. So I'm glad you were free."

Marshall: "Guardianship? Who needs a guardian?"

Nathanael: "Well, since mom and dad were older when they had us kids, they're getting on in age and they want to make sure Gayle and I stay together with Dahlia as a family."

Marshall *staring at the chess board in shock* "You mean legally giving Dahlia guardianship of both of you!?"

Nathanael: *nervous at Marshall's tone* "Oh, I hope I haven't said something wrong bro. I'm always saying the wrong thing at the wrong time."

Marshall *focusing on the game* "No, not all Nate, let's just enjoy the game."
Screenshot-482.jpg

But later Marshall asks Gayle a few questions. Or tries to.

She kept trying to dance with him and finally agreed to answer them but only after a dance lesson.

Gayle *pulling Marshall closer* "It's only a dance. I'm sure Dahlia wouldn't mind."

Marshall *thinking* She may not, but I do!* But saying: "Okay, one dance then you talk!"
Screenshot-488.jpg

After the dance 'lesson', Gayle answers some of Marshall's questions.

Gayle: "Mom and Dad are worried about their health and how young we are. Something about me being a bit forward with boys and all. As if! And Nathanael needing a guiding hand as he's pretty naïve and gullible. We're both teens but they think of us as children. Nathanael may need a keeper, but I don't!"

Marshall *totally understanding in just the short time he's spent there* 'Yes, I can see that they'd want you both to have some… mature guidance."

Gayle: "But Dahlia's Insane! She has sooo many rules. Be home by 10, don't go to hangouts where there are older boys. They think making her our guardian will solve everything. But I'm still going to live my life, my way! Dahlia can be selfless if she wants to and stay in this backward town, but as soon as I'm of age, I'm out of here!"

Marshall, knowing he won't change her mind, says: "That's understandable. Everyone wants to be their own boss. But don't rock the boat right now. Could you do that? As a favor for me? Our secret?"

Gayle *flattered*  "A secret favor for you Marshall? Of course I'd be happy to do that!"
Screenshot-485.jpg

When Marshall gets home, he's got a lot on his mind, but he joins his siblings for a homework session.

Focusing on Math and Chemistry always helps to calm him.

And Lucas and Lucinda are thrilled to have him close by in case they need any help with their homework.
Screenshot-491.jpg

And Kimberly spends some time painting.

Dee: "I really like your still life of the fairy house Kimberly. It's coming along so well."

Kimberly *pausing to dab more paint on her brush* "I like it too Watcher. Fairy houses are an important part of our Frio heritage. One I'm not sure we should give up."

Dee: "So you've been talking to the ghosts too?"

Kimberly: "Not the ghosts. To mom and dad. I had some questions about heirship, our journey, and genetics. And as much as I'd love to be heir, and add Antony's ghost genetics to the family, I'm not sure that's worth losing Mémé Sophie's fairy genes. And mom and dad aren't sure about that either."

Dee *taking a deep breathe* "About Antony Kimberly. There's something else I need to discuss with you. You asked me and Marshall to check on his ability to travel, to move with us to the next town. There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just say it straight out. He can't safely leave Midnight Hollow."

Kimberly *holding her body stiffly* "Safely? What does that mean?"

Dee: "We take the family ghosts' tombstones in a personal inventory so they can travel safely to the next town. As an active ghost, we found out that Antony has his tombstone in his inventory but because he's not in it, he can lose it during travel."

Kimberly: "What would that mean? Losing his tombstone?"

Dee: "It could mean he could never be resurrected to a human life or that he could never go back to the netherworld. It's not definite. There's a chance nothing would happen at all, he'd have his tombstone, and arrive safely. Or not have it and still be okay. Or worst case scenario, he could try to travel but it wouldn't work, is tombstone would be intact, but the ghost in his tombstone….wouldn't be him!"***

Kimberly *so shocked she yells* "Wouldn't be him? Who would it be?"

Dee: "A duplicate, a phantom, not the real him. It could…change him beyond anything we know. But there's another option too. If he ate a special dish called 'Ambrosia', he could become human and might be able to travel safely that way, but he'd lose his ghost genetics. I'm so sorry. I would never have let you become so close to him if I'd known! I would do anything to spare you this pain now."

Kimberly *her voice tight and small* "I'm not sorry Watcher. Well, sorry he can't leave this town, but not sorry for him being my first friend, my prom date, my best friend, my boyfriend. He's been part of my life since we were toddlers. I could never be sorry for that. He's made me a better person, made me want to be a better person. Can I ask a favor Watcher?"

Dee: "Yes, anything Kimberly!"

Kimberly: "Please let me tell him. He deserves to be told by his best friend, someone who's loved him his whole life."

And with those words, our Kimberly grows up. No longer a child, but an adult with the all the pain and responsibility that can bring.

Dee *tears flowing* "I understand. I love you both, but not like you love each other."
Screenshot-489.jpg

Kimberly doesn't waste a moment but runs over to the Salas home as soon as she wipes her tears and calms down a bit.

Antony's mother greets her with a smile and welcomes her into their home.
Screenshot-3.jpg

Kimberly waits for Antony downstairs while Frieda takes a nap in a sleeping bag under the watchful eye of the youngest Salas sister, Tricia.

Oh, It looks like active ghosts do sleep now and then.

But before Antony shows up, we hear the sounds of sirens!

Kimberly was so distraught over the news about Antony we forgot about curfew!
Screenshot-4.jpg

Kimberly walks quickly towards the officer and explains that she lives right next door.

Kimberly *pointing* "You can see the chairs of our family wedding area officer."

But he ushers her into the back seat of his cruiser anyway and drives her the 100 yards to her house!
Screenshot-16.jpg

Kimberly, already upset over my news about Antony, angrily rushes into the house, then thinks better of heading straight in and tries to sneak in through the sunporch and kitchen.

But Lita Lucy wasn't born yesterday and meets her in there tapping her toes.

Before Kimberly or I can explain, Lucy's grounded her and said the words that teens hate the most: "You're old enough to know better Kimberly!"
Screenshot-31.jpg

Dee: "She is old enough Lucy! The information I had to give her has made her grow up fast. I should have told her with you and her parents around."

I quickly explain what Marshall and I found out about it not being safe for Antony to travel.

Lucy is struck to the heart and enfolds her granddaughter in a hug.

Lucy *holding back tears* "I'm so sorry sweetheart. Of course, you're not grounded. Oh, I thought your Tito and I leaving this house would be the worst thing. But you having to leave your Antony behind. I never imagined! Please forgive me Kimberly!"

Kimberly pulls back and stares at her grandmother and says: "Leave Antony behind? I could never do that Lita! When I tell him he can't safely travel, I'm going to tell him I'm staying here with him!"

I don't know who's more surprised, me or Lucy. Or maybe Kimberly.

Her smile grows as she says: "Oh what a relief! Just saying it out loud makes me feel so much better. It's the best solution Watcher! My life wouldn't be the same without him. So if Antony stays, so do I!"
Screenshot-40.jpg

The next morning dawns sunny and a bit cooler as fall is now upon us.

Lucinda and Lucas head eagerly for the bus, but Marshall and Kimberly pause on the front steps.

This is the last day of school for them!

A milestone that's usually a turning point for teenagers, but both Marshall and Kimberly have other things on their mind.
Screenshot-54.jpg

While the kids are at school, Lorelei practices Charisma in the mirror to max the skill.
Screenshot-48.jpg

And Samuel paints another masterpiece! Then immediately pops a wish to paint 5 more.

But he looks pretty solemn.

Dee: "Something on your mind?"

Samuel *with a note of censure in his voice* "The older twins have their YA birthdays tonight. And the younger ones become teenagers tomorrow night. So yeah, you could say I have a lot on my mind. And Lorelei and I aren't all that pleased that you told Kimberly about Antony while she was alone. She could have used some parental support for such news."

Dee: "I apologize for that Samuel. I should have gotten the family together for that. So I guess I should mention that…"

Samuel *interrupting* "That Marshall's Dahlia is going to have the responsibility of guardianship for her teen siblings, if her parents aren't around to care for them before they become young adults. Yes, I know. Marshall is more forthcoming with information than you are."

Dee *sincerely* "I'm so sorry Samuel. Things have really gotten wild around here lately. Issues that I never dreamed of. When Jared said I needed to take a step back, let the children grow and make their own choices, I never dreamed the choices would be so hard. I was just thinking heirship…who wants the privilege and the responsibility. Not that they'd have to choose between heirship and loved ones. Not like this!"

Samuel *his understanding growing* "Growing up is hard Watcher. Making those kind of decisions is even harder. But having to stand by and watch your children experience the pain of making those hard decisions is the worst. I don't know how you do it in every town! It's hard for you too isn't it?"

Dee: "Yes. And it seems to get harder with every generation."

Samuel *pain in his voice* "That's because there's more family to love. And to lose."

Samuel's last words echo through the small porch as we both contemplate leaving Marshall and Kimberly behind here in Midnight Hollow.
Screenshot-49.jpg

The guests eagerly chat in the foyer as we wait for Lorelei to get home from work to celebrate the twins YA birthdays.

But something has everyone up in arms.

Dahlia has grabbed Samuel and kissed him in front of everyone!

Wait!!! What??!!!???
Screenshot-73.jpg

Torre, Lucy, and Kimberly are all upset and I'm in shock!

Lorelei's not home yet and has no idea what's happened, but what of Marshall?

Marshall's standing nonchalantly in front of his cake, seemingly without a care in the world.

Maybe he didn't notice?

Marshall: "I noticed Watcher, but I'll deal with it at the proper time. Now it's time for cake! I just heard mom pull up."

As family and friends cheer, our birthday boy spins and sparkles.
Screenshot-82.jpg

Introducing Marshall Frio---young adult fairy
LTW: Magic Makeover
Traits: Brave, Neurotic, Genius, Eco-Friendly, and at YA, Equestrian
Favorites: Classical, Autumn Salad, and Irish Green
GF: Dahlia Ziggfield

Dee: "I was surprised at your limited choices for a LTW Marshall."

Marshall: "It's all good. Time for me to get back to my roots and embrace my fairy heritage. Besides there definitely some sims here in town that could use a magic makeover!"
Screenshot-85.jpg

As those who want it grab cake, Samuel's thoughts are filled with Dahlia and her kiss.

What a way to remember his son's coming of age---being soundly kissed by his son's girlfriend!

How is he going to explain this to Marshall and Lorelei? What a mess!
Screenshot-90.jpg

Samuel knows he has to discuss it with Dahlia at least.

But when he broaches the subject, Dahlia just looks at him forlornly and wonders if she's done the right thing.

Her heart is breaking and she's probably ruined Samuel's marriage!

Kimberly just stands helplessly nearby wondering what on earth her best friend was thinking.

First the news that Antony can't travel and now Dahlia making a move on her dad!

Her teenage years sure came to an abrupt end with such adult drama.
Screenshot-97.jpg

But to make it official she has to blow out her candles.

The room fills with family and friends again and Kimberly claps excitedly wondering what she'll look like all grown up.
Screenshot-111.jpg

And here she is, Kimberly Frio--young adult human
LTW: Emperor of Evil
Traits: Friendly, Evil, Loner, Artistic, and at YA, Easily Impressed
Favorites: Island Life, Ratatouille, and Dark Blue
BF: Antony Salas

Kimberly: "I thought you wanted me to overcome my Evil trait Watcher, but you let me choose that LTW?!"

Dee: "You've fought that trait your whole life and maybe if you can express it through a career, you'll be able to separate it from your family life. It's just a job after all!"

Kimberly *smiling* "Thanks Watcher. I'll try to keep that in mind!"

And with teen Antony beside her excitedly snapping pictures, Kimberly knows it's not time for her news yet.

He'll age up soon enough and they can have that devastating conversation.
Screenshot-121.jpg

With the party over the younger twins focus on homework, a little disappointed that Marshall can't join them and help them get through it faster.

But Lucas is staring so closely at his homework, I know something's up.

Then I realize it's the beautiful girl in back of him that's the problem!

A teenage Letitia Hyde. And she's grown up to be gorgeous!

Dee *whispering* "Don't worry Lucas! Your birthday is tomorrow night and then you'll be the same age again."

Lucas *mortified* "I'm not worried about anything Watcher, just doing my homework."

Lucinda *meanly* "You like her don't you Lucas? I can tell!!! Hey Tia…"

Dee: "Enough of that young lady! Quit teasing your brother and finish your homework."
Screenshot-137.jpg

Meanwhile Samuel has one of the most embarrassing conversations he's ever had with his wife.

Samuel: "I don't even know how it happened Lorelei. One minute I was greeting our guests and the next…"

Lorelei *nodding* "Dahlia was kissing the stuffing out of you! I heard. But Samuel, you have to remember that Dahlia's Insane and she's always had a little bit of a crush on you ever since she was a young girl. A lot like Sandra Salas. You've become quite the popular man about town, my love."

Samuel: "So you're okay with this?"

Lorelei: "Not exactly okay with it. I mean, I'm not giving you permission to start a fan club or have groupies hanging around all over the house. But I do think I understand why these young girls fall madly for you. You're just….so you. I love you, so why wouldn't they?"

Samuel *turning red* "Groupies?!"

Lorelei: "And you're oh so cute when you blush too! Besides, Marshall shared some information with us about Dahlia's family and guardianship, remember? He thinks tonight's little show was just that. A performance. But Marshall's taking care of that all on his own."

And with the beautiful green aura surrounding them, it looks like Marshall's working on his fairy magic too!
Screenshot-144.jpg

And Lita Lucy gives the younger twins presents she'd almost forgotten about.

First Lucinda, who screams with joy!

Lucinda *jumping up and down* "For me? For me? Oh boy! I love presents!"

And she's thrilled to discover a jack-in-the-box that can be both happy and scary.

What a lovely trick to play on other unsuspecting children.
Screenshot-149.jpg

Then one for Lucas, who hopes it's something expensive but knows his Lita is Frugal so it's probably something educational.

But he's happily surprised to find it's both educational and fun!

A drum from the Golden Ticket Toy Shop.

Lucy: "You won't get to play with it long, but you can play with it tonight, and then keep it for your own kids' one day."

Lucas: "Hey thanks Lita! *making a face* "Kid's? I don't know, kids are a lot of trouble Lita! And messy too. I'm a Slob, so I know what I'm talking about!"
Screenshot-155.jpg

As Lucas heads off to try out his drum, Lucinda bathed and in her jammies, comes back to the kitchen and gives her Lita a hug.

Lucinda: "I showed mommy my new jack-in-the-box and she reminded me to thank you, Lita. So, thanks!"

Lucy: "You're welcome sweetie. And before I forget, I know your parents, and Tito and I are always reminding you to be nice, to work on overcoming your Mean-Spirited trait but I just wanted you to know that I really appreciated you coming to my defense with your Uncle Dean at the pool party. Sometimes a trait, even a negative one, can actually be a help under certain circumstances. You made me proud using yours to defend me!"

Lucinda *puzzled* "So I did good? Even though Uncle Dean was mad at me?"

Lucy: "You did good. Real good honey! The look on your Uncle Dean's face was priceless, but don't tell him I said so! It'll be our little secret."

Lucinda is happy her Lita is proud of her and she's determined to earn even more praise as she grows up, even if it means being good, well, at least not as mean!
Screenshot-163.jpg

Marshall and Kimberly were given news that made them grow up before their actual YA birthdays.

News that may have both of them remaining in MH and giving up heirship!

And then Dahlia shocked all the guests at the twins YA birthday party by kissing Marshall's father, Samuel.

Lorelei indicated to Samuel that Marshall thinks it was all for show, a performance. But is he right?

Graduation for the older twins is up next and discussing heirship with their steadies.

Join me in Chapter 145-- Graduation and Heirship Decisions
Coming soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Author's note: Thank you to sittingbear and Sara-Darkees at the NRaas forum for sharing their experiences traveling with ghosts. It was their information that had me make the decision to leave Antony safely in MH in my main TJ game, and not risk losing or changing him. Any errors or misinformation that I may have included are solely my responsibility and are unintentional.

Through some testing of my own, I found out that born in game sims, Antony and his younger sister Tricia, didn't have tombstones in their inventories in my game. Their parents Jay and Tatiana both have them, with the option to go back to the netherworld. And his older sister Frieda, who starts the game as a toddler, doesn't have a tombstone either. I'm not sure why it happened in my game as others have played them as their active family and they all had a tombstone. Without a tombstone, I thought it might make Antony able to travel without any glitches. No such luck. As a test, I had Kimberly and Antony, once she asked him to move in, travel to France. Once they arrived, Antony was no longer his yellow ghostly self, but was a human version just like the one seen in Stylist. And no matter how happy Antony was in game, even with a full green bar, both of his icons wore a permanent frown. Like he was totally depressed at losing his ghostly self!

Further testing with his sister Frieda was even more revealing. Stylist just shows her in her human form, and her ghostly form remains once you leave Stylist. But taking her into Edit in CAS via NRaas MC, to confirm her ghostly status, actually removed it from her! Even though I didn't change that in any way. And once out of CAS she wore that same permanent frown! I was able to give her back her ghostly yellow form via Nraas MC Occult: Add and she returned to her original self. But with her tombstone in her inventory afterward.

And even further testing showed that the original ghostly Antony in my game without a tombstone isn't really considered a ghost. So I had to use NRaas MC to make him a true ghost just like with Frieda. And as a true ghost, Antony can father ghost nooboos. So even though he can't leave MH, he can continue the Salas family line!***

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2019, 08:28:30 PM »
Chapter 145-- Graduation and Heirship Decisions

The first morning of young adulthood has Kimberly rising early and greeting the day with a smile.

But when I see her sleepwear, I realize we didn't even take the time for makeovers, so I pop Kimberly into stylist.
Screenshot-169.jpg

We actually like the hair style she grew up in so we focus on a new wardrobe.

We pick this for her formal, a lovely dark blue satin sheath that makes her look gorgeous.

And leaves no doubt that's she's now grown up!
Screenshot-173.jpg

And for the cooler days to come, a very fashionable outerwear outfit in black and dark blue with a creamy blouse with ruffled cuffs.

After all, an Empress of Evil must always look her best!
Screenshot-172.jpg

Then she dons her athletic wear and asks Tito Torre to train her so she can build up her athletic faster for her new Criminal career.

Torre doesn't hold back but all her hard work pays off as she earns 3 skill points before breakfast!
Screenshot-175.jpg

And then it's time for graduation!

Marshall decides to continue practicing his fairy magic generating a blue aura this time.

He looks so proud in his cap and gown and eager to get to the ceremony.
Screenshot-179.jpg

Kimberly looks nice too but not quite as eager to be part of a big crowd.
Screenshot-180.jpg

The whole family endures the rain to attend this all important event.

All dressed in their best, of course.

With Lucy's wardrobe recolored to her favorite Spice Brown!
Screenshot-196.jpg

Their family graduation photo is wonderful.

Proud grandparents and parents, Torre and Lucy, and Lorelei and Samuel.

The younger twins, Lucinda and Lucas, sporting big smiles in their first portrait.

And our graduates, Marshall and Kimberly, completing their school years here in MH.

Marshall gets voted Class Valedictorian and Most Likely to Take Over the World.

While Kimberly gets Highest Honors and Most Likely to Never Leave the House.

I'm not sure how accurate those will be, but it says the future looks bright for these two graduates!
MHgraduation original.jpg.jpg

After graduation Marshall asks for a quick makeover as he's meeting Dahlia across the street at the Fall Festival.

Since he's focusing on Magic Makeover for his LTW, he chooses a formal out fit more in keeping with his fairy heritage.

Dee: "Not the traditional leaves Marshall? They come in a nice green color."

Marshall: "I thought about it, but a bit too breezy in the fall weather. I thought this would keep me a bit warmer but give a nod to a more masculine fairy style."

Dee: "You're right Marshall. That style really suits you."
Screenshot-226.jpg

He's in a hurry, so we quickly choose the rest of his wardrobe and he hurries across the street to meet her.

He hopes the rain won't make her change her mind about meeting him.

But she's there waiting for him.

He tries to take her in his arms for their first kiss as young adults, but Dahlia's not having any part of it.

Dahlia: "We're over Marshall! Can't you take a hint!?! I kissed your father for gosh sake!"
Screenshot-241.jpg

Marshall: "About that kiss Dahlia, I know you didn't mean it! I know you're just trying to be Brave and selfless and have me find someone else to continue our journey with. Since you can't leave town now that you have the responsibility of caring for your sister and brother!"

Dahlia *eyes flying wide* "But how did you know that? I swore mom and dad to secrecy. They really felt bad about giving me the burden of Gayle and Nathanael, but we have no other family. And besides, they're not a burden, they're family."

Marshall: "How I know isn't the issue here. It's the knowing Dahlia. Knowing you, knowing your heart. You wouldn't see it as a burden but an act of love for your parents and your siblings. Even if it meant putting your own heart's desires aside. But it doesn't take a Genius to figure that out. Just someone who loves you!"

Dahlia *smiling wryly* "I should have known I couldn't fool you Marshall. But I don't want to burden you with my family's problems. You have a journey to continue and you need to find a suitable partner to go with you before it's too late."
Screenshot-236.jpg

Marshall *shaking his head* "Your sister Gayle is right. You are Insane Dahlia! Especially if you think I'd just find someone else and leave town after all we've meant to each other. I love you Dahlia! I've decided to stay here and share your guardianship responsibilities. And Kimberly's decided to stay here with Antony for reasons of her own. So my family has to stay until the younger twins finish school and choose one of them for heir."

Dahlia *shaking her head* "I can't let you do it Marshall! I can't let you give up heirship for me! It breaks my heart to think of you doing that."
Screenshot-233.jpg

Marshall: "And why does it break your heart Dahlia? I'll tell you why! Because you love me as much as I love you. No wait!" *smiling* "I love you more!"

Dahlia can't resist smiling back at him, at their old game, and when she smiles, he kisses her.

Then he says: "And it's out of your hands, my love. With Kimberly making the decision to stay in MH, my decision to stay here had to follow as I can't be separated from her either. I promised her a long time ago that we'd be able to handle anything as long as we did it together. I feel the same way about us."
Screenshot-256.jpg

He follows up the kiss with some fairy wing tickles, which Dahlia has never been able to resist!

So her smile grows as her laughter rings out in the empty park.

And with that laughter, her heart lightens and she realizes that Marshall is right.

Together they can do anything!

Her friendship with Kimberly, her love for Marshall, makes them an unbreakable triad.
Screenshot-284.jpg

Then Marshall gets serious and confirms her thoughts: "You'll always be my girl Dahlia. We were meant to be!"
Screenshot-343.jpg

Dahlia's too emotional to speak, so she simply kisses him, letting actions speak louder than words.

Marshall says impishly: "And I hope you save all the rest of your kisses just for me!"

Dahlia whispers: "How will I face your family? I feel like such a fool! What on earth was I thinking to believe that kissing your father would solve anything? I'd like to promise that I'd never do anything like that again, but Marshall, you know me! I could do something just as Insane at any moment!"

Marshall *all his love for her shining through his eyes* "That's why I didn't ask for your promise sweetheart. We all have traits to fight against, to overcome, but we're two Brave souls that would never let a little kiss come between them. Or anything else!"
Screenshot-344.jpg

Since the rain has stopped, they cuddle together and watch the stars, their love as strong as ever, maybe even stronger as they've weathered this storm and chosen a different path for their future.

Maybe not the future they originally planned but one they'll figure out together.
Screenshot-317.jpg

Back at home, Kimberly's invited Antony over and he arrives all grown up!

So she knows it's time to share with him the information I gave her.

But it starts raining again, so she invites him inside where they can be more comfortable.
Screenshot-266.jpg

Kimberly: "There's no easy way to say it Antony, so I'll just say it quick, the same way the Watcher did with me. You can't travel Antony. Not safely! We could lose you or the you we know. Or you could eat Ambrosia and become human, alive again. Well, for you I guess it would be alive for the first time since you were born a ghost. You might be able to travel that way, but you'd lose your ghost self. I'm explaining this badly. Please say something."

Antony's a bit too shocked to respond thinking *So much for that Adventurous trait I got at YA!*

But with Kimberly staring at him expectantly he finally says: "So I can't travel, leave Midnight Hollow. At least not safely. Okay. I got that part. But how could I eat something and become human, alive?"

Kimberly *wrinkling her nose* "I'm not exactly sure how it works. It's a food that makes you human, alive, just like me, so it's magical I guess."

Antony: "What would I look like?"

Kimberly: "I don't know that either. But maybe the Watcher could help us out there."

Dee: "I could take you into Stylist Antony for a wardrobe change so you could see how you look. If you want to try it. It wouldn't change you permanently, and it doesn't hurt."

Antony *intrigued* "Really? I could see how I would look as a human? Sure, let's give it a shot!"
Screenshot-292.jpg

So I pop him into stylist and we see him in his human form!

We choose a more flattering hair style and a new suit.

Dee: "You look very dashing in that formal wear Antony!"

Antony: "Thanks Watcher. I think so too. But…it's not really me is it?"

Dee: "It's you human, alive, without your ghost form."

Antony: "I'll have to think about it Watcher. Is that okay?"

Dee: "Of course Antony. It's a big decision. And we'd have to make the Ambrosia. I know we have life fruit but I'm not sure about a death fish. It could take some time to catch one if we don't have one in one of the family chests. So as soon as you've decided, let me know."
Screenshot-302.jpg

Once Antony's back in the kitchen, Kimberly pulls him close.

Kimberly: "That's not all my news Antony. I've decided that if you can't leave Midnight Hollow, I'm not leaving either!"

Antony: "But your family journey, it must go on! You can't stop now. It's too important."

Kimberly: "You're so Good Antony! I tell you that you can't travel and could eat a magic food and become alive and you're only worried about our journey. Don't worry.  The journey will go on, I'll just be staying here in MH with you. If you'll have me? But I have to confess that the Watcher let me choose Emperor of Evil for my LTW. With you being Good, can you put up with an Evil Empress?"

Antony *smiling* "If you can put up with a family of ghosts, I think I can Brave one little Evil Empress! But are you sure Kimberly? This is what you really want?"

Kimberly: "Yes, I'm sure. I was heartbroken about it at first, at the thought that you couldn't travel, that I would have to leave my first friend, my best friend, my love, behind. But then I realized I didn't HAVE to do that. And deciding to stay here in MH with you, it just felt right. Like it was always what I was meant to do."
Screenshot-320.jpg

They spend the rest of the evening getting to know each other as young adults.

Which leads to romancing each other with hugs and kisses!
Screenshot-334.jpg

And a relaxing backrub for Antony.

Funny how he's a ghost yet he can enjoy food, romance, and a human touch.

Especially Kimberly's touch.
Screenshot-347.jpg

Kimberly doesn't want to say goodbye to Antony so she invites him to stay over.

He agrees and to my surprise he heads upstairs and straight for Kimberly's room.

I check on them a bit later when the lights are out and it warms my heart to see them together.

Dreaming of each other!

And in Kimberly's dream Antony is human!

Is that a portent of things to come or did she just peek in stylist?
Screenshot-448.jpg

A bit later the dreams have changed but they are even more revealing!

Kimberly dreaming of her new career and Antony dreaming about….baby bottles!
Screenshot-446.jpg

The older twins have decided to give up heirship and stay here in MH with their respective loves.

Marshall with his Insane Dahlia and Kimberly with her Good Antony, braving the future together.

The younger twins have their birthdays next and will be leaving childhood behind and beginning their teenage years.

The last years to gain skills and forge relationships before becoming young adults.

Will Lucas turn his childhood friendship with Letitia (Tia) into something more?

And who will Lucinda choose for her partner?

Tia's older brother Rory? Carrie Limb's younger brother Tucker?

Or someone knew we haven't met yet?

Let's find out in Chapter 146-- Teen Birthdays and Traits
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2019, 10:02:14 PM »
Chapter 146--Teen Birthdays and Traits

Then next day is Spooky Day so no school and the perfect time for the younger twins birthdays.

After breakfast Lucinda heads for her cake, no way she's giving up her right as first born!

Though she did half promise herself to try being good, or less mean.

It doesn't matter now though as the candles are lit and she's committed.

Lucas, Kimberly, and Antony all clap and cheer for her as Lucy happily heads for the kitchen.
Screenshot-351.jpg

Then her parents and Lucy join in the celebration with cheers, noise makers, and birthday wishes.

Lucinda gets so caught up in the excitement of the moment she starts clapping and cheering too!
Screenshot-356.jpg

The sparkles hit and she begins her twirl as Marshall joins in the festivities.
Screenshot-363.jpg

And she ages to teen with a very cute hair style.

But her expression shows me what she thinks of her purple formal outfit.
Screenshot-364.jpg

Then she squeezes her eyes shut and a face-splitting grin appears.

Maybe she likes her clothes after all?

Lucinda: "It's not my clothes Watcher, it's my teen trait. I can feel it throughout my whole body. I'm Good now. Good!"

Dee: "What? How is that possible?"

But I check and she's right! Even though she's still Mean-Spirited, she's now Good.

The wonder at arbitrary random traits will never cease to amaze me.

Or maybe it's the randomness of seemingly incompatible traits that's wonderful?

Or is it due to fighting negative traits along with the power of positive thinking that's accomplished this seemingly impossible feat?
Screenshot-366.jpg

Whatever the reason, the family accepts this in different ways.

Samuel and Lucas clapping and cheering at such a positive trait for her!

Marshall in stunned disbelief while Lorelei looks thoughtfully at her husband's reaction.

Kimberly with a quiet smile of acceptance as being both Friendly and Evil it only seems fair that she have a sister who's Mean-Spirited and Good!

And her Antony raising his hands in wonder or maybe he's just taking another photo?

Lucinda didn't bother to explain anything to them though, she just grabbed a piece of her birthday cake and headed for the dining room table.
Screenshot-367.jpg

With cake quickly eaten, Lucas prepares himself for his turn.

He lovingly looks back at his siblings as they begin cheering for him.
Screenshot-370.jpg

As Antony joins them, taking a quick photo of the older ones, Lucas makes a wish.

Thinking about it carefully by the look on his now serious face.
Screenshot-373.jpg

The sparkles hit and he begins his spin.
Screenshot-385.jpg

And Lucas ages up in a formal outfit that makes me laugh out loud!

But his teen trait quickly wipes the smile from my face.

He's gained the 'Dislikes Children' trait!

Dee: "What? Where did that come from Lucas?!? It's not shown up in the family since back in Twinbrook with your many times removed Aunt Pollyanna!"

Lucas *his face mirroring his own dismay* "Well, I've always thought kids were a lot of work and messy, so I guess it was a trait just waiting to come out. But I wasn't expecting it right now. I was hoping for a trait that would point me in a better direction for my LTW and career."

Dee: "You and me both! Only your Good trait inspires LTW's, thankfully quite a few of them. And since you're human, the fairy LTW's won't be available. Maybe your YA trait will give you some other options. We'll just have to wait and see."
Screenshot-390.jpg

Lucinda's so excited she can't help but chat with Marshall about her great teen birthday trait!

Lucinda: "I can't believe I'm Good Marshall, actually Good! This is the best birthday ever!"

Marshall: "Me either. It was a real surprise. But you deserve it. You've worked really hard to overcome your Mean-Spirited trait. We've always gotten along great but I know it hasn't been easy with Kimberly, especially since she's Evil. You too were always at odds with one another."

Lucinda: "But now that I'm Good and she's Easily Impressed, maybe we can change that?"
Screenshot-394.jpg

Marshall *thoughtfully* "Well, I know you have your own, but maybe some of my fairy dust will help with that?"

Lucinda *skeptical* "How would your fairy dust help?"

Marshall *smiling* "Maybe some of my Brave and Genius traits will rub off on you! Making it easier to Brave Kimberly's wrath or outthink her with a Genius plan!"

Lucinda *laughing with him* "I doubt it, but it's worth a shot!" 

And she eagerly holds her hands together as Marshall drops a pinch into her cupped palms.
Screenshot-399.jpg

With Lucinda's new Goodness flowing within her, she gives Marshall a gift as well.

Marshall's surprised and exclaims: "For me? But it's not my birthday!"

Lucinda *explaining* "No it's not. It's a graduation present for my big brother who's always supported me and overlooked my mean tricks."

Marshall: "Thanks little sister. But I don't know if it was overlooking them or being worried how you would retaliate if I did something to you. I might be Brave, but I'm also Neurotic enough not to want the sink booby trapped!"

They both laugh and become even closer friends.
Screenshot-403.jpg

And someone else is overcoming traits as well.

Sam is actually having a conversation with Claire and Adam out on the sunporch.

Sam: "Well, the last couple of days have brought about an amazing turn of events! Marshall deciding to share Dahlia's guardianship responsibilities here in MH.  And Kimberly choosing her Antony over heirship and continuing the journey."

Claire adds: "So now that they've both given up heirship to stay here in Midnight Hollow, we play the waiting game again, through the younger twins teenage years." *gloatingly* "But I'm the one who suggested we needed to give them a shot at heirship, so I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out! Proves that I still have some valuable insight into what's best for this family." *her face clouding* "Not that I wanted the older twins to give up heirship like they did. I just wanted to give everyone a fair chance."

Adam: "As it should be grandmother Claire. If heir couples choose to have multiple children, then they should give all of those children a chance at heirship. But I'm relieved at the delay though. I was a bit disappointed at the thought of losing the fairy genetics in the heirship line. Though it's still a possibility if Lucas gets chosen. But my feelings shouldn't be the only factor." *smiling wryly* "Everyone knows I have a prejudice for fairy genes and the Frio auburn hair!"

Claire *tartly* "You know, that burns me up whenever you or anyone says that! I had auburn hair too! And I was the original Founder. Jared was just my spouse! So how come it's always the 'Frio' auburn hair?"

Dee *pointedly* "Because you decided to take Jared's name when you married him Claire! This could have been the Ursine family journey or we could have hyphenated your names. I was against the hyphenated names as I think it looks pretentious and it would have been a pain to type throughout the story. You decided that since no one ever dreamed you'd marry, least of all a Frio, you were going to rub all their noses in it and show off your husband's name! Hence, the 'Frio' auburn hair. Though I know I've caved and actually called it the Ursine/Frio auburn hair at least once or twice!"

Claire keeps rocking, staring at Sam and mumbles: "Oh, right. My choice. Sorry Adam, Watcher."

Adam, Sam, and I all stare at her. An apologetic Claire is a new experience and leaves us speechless.
Screenshot-414.jpg

But when Claire decides to move, Sam's Coward trait kicks in and he can't get away before passing out.

Again.

But just before he loses consciousness he says: "I lasted longer this time Watcher!"

Then he dramatically raises his hand to his brow and flops to the floor.

Claire *chuckling* "Jared will be mad that he missed that one! Sam's getting a bit theatrical nowadays."

Adam *rocking* "Poor Dad! But he did manage to speak this time. I wish Mom could have seen that part."
Screenshot-419.jpg

But Rae's heading for a rocking chair on the front porch with Jared close behind her.

Rae: "It's so romantic dad! Antony can't travel safely so instead of taking a chance on losing her soulmate, Kimberly chooses to stay here with him. That girl really impresses me."

Jared *snarky* "Well, you've always been easily impressed. I'm more inclined to focus on her Evil qualities. I'm glad the Watcher let her choose Emperor of Evil for her LTW. I know part of this journey is overcoming so-called negative traits, but it's important to be true to yourself too!"

Rae *snorting* "You would feel that way dad!"

But Jared doesn't take offense, in fact he finds it a compliment.

But he doesn't voice his next thoughts as he knows Rae would object to them.

Jared *smiling and thinking* And true to herself here in MH. That way I've got another shot at an heir with one of my traits again! Lucinda may be Good now but she's been Mean-Spirited longer! And who knows what kind of traits her partner will bring in! The next gen could take after me even more!*
Screenshot-426.jpg

Lucas is fast asleep after the excitement of becoming a teen.

And he's dreaming about his birthday.

I'm not sure if it's the one he just had or his YA birthday to come though.
Screenshot-453.jpg

But with his next dream about houses or homes, I'm thinking the latter.

Maybe he's wondering what our next town will be?

Or what our new house will look like?

I guess that will all depend on who will be chosen heir or who will decide to choose heirship.

With Lucas Disliking Children and Lucinda now being Good, I have a feeling it's sliding in her direction.
Screenshot-454.jpg

Lorelei rises early enough the next morning to find Adam still about and poor Sam fainted dead away.

Again.  So she gives him what dignity she can by not commenting and chats with Adam.

Lorelei: "Well, Claire was right to suggest giving the younger twins a chance at heirship before moving. I would hate to think what could have happened to Antony if he'd tried to leave with us! I'm saddened that the older twins won't be moving with us when we go, but they've made the choices that work best for them. Kimberly and Marshall have always been close twins and they'll still be together to support each other here in MH."

Adam: "Yes. Grandmother's already crowing about still being able to provide valuable direction for the family and dad was even able to contribute this time, before his trait overtook him. But I think things happen for a reason Lorelei. Like me growing up in Moonlight Falls and finding my Sophie and Kimberly and Marshall choosing to stay here with their life partners. Call it fate, magic, whatever you choose to believe in…."

Lorelei *interrupting* "The Watcher's hand? Doesn't that play a big part in it?"

Adam *thoughtfully* "Not as much as we or she'd hoped. She's not omnipotent or infallible. Or else she wouldn't have let Kimberly get so focused on Antony and considered them for the next heir couple. But I have to believe that was meant to be, despite the Watchers lack of knowledge. Luckily she found out the dangers prior to the next town jump. Watchers just watch mostly. They direct when needed to keep us safe from harm, if they can, and take lots of pictures of us. Some of them are more controlling but our Watcher lets us have free will, letting us make a lot of our own decisions."

Lorelei *with a wry smile* "Like Dahlia kissing Samuel! I know that came as a shock to all of us, especially the Watcher! I wasn't even home, but I think I heard her shrieks across town! Lucky for us Marshall kept his cool and used his smarts to figure out what was behind all that."

Adam *shaking his head* That one's not on her. Don't forget that the Watcher only has control over the active members of our household. She doesn't control any of us ghosts or any of the sims in the towns we live in. All of the actions and reactions of those we interact with, those are just as much a surprise to her as they are to us. Maybe more so!"

Dee: "You got that right Adam! I have ideas about the direction I want the family to go in but family members and the sims they interact with, sometimes they have their own ideas. Including you ghosts! But that's part of the fun in a journey like this, the unexpected actions and responses of each generation. Otherwise, it could get pretty boring. And that's one thing I think we all can agree on. The Frio family might be a lot of things, but boring isn't one of them!"

And with my words, we all stare at poor Sam, living, uuhhmm, ghostly proof that the Frio's aren't boring.

Predictable sometimes, but never boring.
Screenshot-458.jpg

To make my point even more, Lorelei and Adam keep chatting, Lucy feeds the fish, and Marshall dances nearby with his green fairy aura glowing bigger and brighter than ever.

It's energy encompassing Lorelei and ghostly Adam, and even ghostly Rae as she drifts on through the living room.

Just another typical morning for the Frio family, both living and dead!
Screenshot-461.jpg

And another typical step is finding a new house for Torre and Lucy.

They're not quite ready to move yet, but they decide to do a bit of house hunting.

I thought they'd decided to take a taxi, instead of one of the family car's as they stroll outside to the street.
Screenshot-6.jpg

When to my surprise Torre hops into this bright pink limo! One I've never seen.

And then Lucy pops into the drivers' seat!

Dee: "Lucy! Where did that car come from!?!

Lucy *checking out her make-up in the mirror* "What? This old thing? It's one of the perks of being a Hit Movie Composer in this town. As dreary as MH can be, they sure know how to punch things up with a bit of color!" *then glancing back at Torre* "Hang onto your wings love, Lita's going to see what this baby can do!"
Screenshot-10.jpg

After tearing off in a squeal of tires, Torre and Lucy stop at the local realtor and peruse some of the current homes for sale.

They don't want a starter, so they dismiss that one, but there are several homes available over by the stadium and a couple farther down from downtown.

The one that catches their eye is by the stadium which would make Torre's commute to work a lot faster.

Lucy would have liked something closer to their children and grandchildren, but Torre says: "Well, the place is big enough to have them visit and stay over from time to time. But far enough away so we can have our privacy too."

It's also got plenty of mature trees, nice landscaping, and a privacy fence to keep out annoying paparazzi.

Lucy decides that's a plus, so they look at a few more photos and descriptions of it.
Screenshot-13.jpg

They find out it's called 'Proper Shanty' though it looks a lot fancier than any shanty I've ever seen.

And it's located at 108 Shearin Stroll on a 50 x25 lot, so a nice size indeed.

With 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, it's got plenty of space for visiting family and Lucy's music studio.

And some nice spaces outside for a fairy house and Torre's martial arts equipment.

Lucy decides the asking price of just under $173,000 is fair and they put an offer in for it.
Screenshot-14.jpg

With it's columns, balconies, and pretty blue shingles all offset by white windows and trim, it's quite the place.

They hope their offer is accepted and they go home to break the news to the rest of the family.
Screenshot-12.jpg

Lucinda and Lucas had their teen birthdays and each received an unexpected trait.

Lucinda getting Good and Lucas now Disliking Children.

The ghosts have given us their opinions on heirship, including Sam, who even spoke before succumbing to his trait. 

Torre and Lucy have chosen a house and will be moving soon.

So now we're into the home stretch with the teenage years before us.

Learning to drive, dating and prom, working on life skills, all of this and more as we continue in MH.

Let's see what happens in Chapter 147-- Life Choices
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2019, 05:11:40 PM »
Chapter 147-- Life Choices

Samuel  offers to teach Lucinda how to drive and she grabs Des' police cruiser, just like her sister did.

I think the sisters are more alike than they realize, but I'm not sure that Lucinda being Good now is going to make her closer to her older sister, even with Marshall's fairy dust!

Kimberly's been Friendly since she was born, but she's had her Evil trait just as long, and it may make her clash with her Good sister even more!

I guess only time will tell if these sisters will ever do more than just tolerate each other.

But with the solemn look on Samuel's face, I think he's more worried about surviving this driving lesson than he is about his children's relationships.

Samuel *tensely* "She has to live through this to have ANY relationships Watcher! I don't want to risk losing another potential heir, so please stop distracting her!"
Screenshot-60.jpg

Marshall's convinced Dahlia to visit but she's still embarrassed by her actions with Samuel, so they stay upstairs and chat.

I'm not sure why but whenever the family gets home or has someone visit, they always go straight upstairs.

For Dahlia this is an action for her to save face so I don't stop her.

But as soon as Marshall greets her he gets a phone call.

Marshal: "Hey love. Be right with you, let me answer this! And stop being nervous about dad, everyone understands what happened and why."
Screenshot-54.jpg

Meanwhile, Lucas has also invited a friend over.

Tia Hyde!

And these two hit it off right from the start.

Tia: "Hey there good-looking, looks like you and I were meant to be!"

Lucas: "You are my dream come true Tia!"
Screenshot-102.jpg

Lucas finds out she's still single and a Virgo.

Not a star sign that's really compatible with his, but he's never put much stock in the stars anyway.

They are OUTDOORS after all!

But compatible star signs or not, these two chat and flirt all on their own.
Screenshot-139.jpg

And it's not long before Lucas impulsively pulls her in his arms for a kiss!

Tia was a bit surprised at first but she shares his enthusiasm and kisses him right back.
Screenshot-150.jpg

They spent the rest of the day together and in the natural course of events, Lucas asks her to go steady.

Tia agrees and my heart rejoices that my choice is his choice as well!
Screenshot-189.jpg

In the cooler and hideous OUTDOORS, Lucinda chats with Tia's older brother Rory.

This is the first time they've actually met and chatted so they are just acquaintances.

What surprises me is that Lucinda pops a wish to go to the Fall Festival.

Dee: "You do realize that the Fall Festival takes place outside right?"

Lucinda *giving me a look* "I am well aware of that fact Watcher! I'm not Insane or Absent-Minded!"

Rory smiles at her a bit blankly and says, "Oh, were you talking to me? I'm sorry, I tend to tune out sometimes. My family's always reminding me to pay more attention to things."

Lucinda *thinking* Hhhmm, I never thought of Absent-Minded as being a good quality, but if it has Rory forgetting about any mean things I do…it could be to my advantage.*

So she says: "Hey Rory, I was planning on checking out the Festival, wanna come with?"

Rory: "Sure Cinda! Uummhh, you don't mind if I call you Cinda do you? You remind me of a princess in a fairy tale my mom used to read to me. I don't remember which one though."

Cinda: "Oh, I like it Rory! Especially you thinking of me as a princess. It makes me feel special."
Screenshot-174.jpg

Cinda meets some other local residents after getting her face painted with some beautiful blue stars.

And elderly lady as well as another teen, Nathanael Ziggfield.

Dahlia's younger brother may have picked up her Insane trait as he's wearing a suit at the Festival.

He looks pretty sharp but a bit out of place in such fancy clothes.

And his teal sneakers make me smile!
Screenshot-197.jpg

Cinda pops a wish to score 5,000 points in whack-a-gnome, so I let her have at it!

Behind her, Tito Torre's stuffing himself with pie in the eating contest.
Screenshot-201.jpg

While Rory contemplates braving the haunted house.

Or maybe he's confused about all the graves and wonders why he's at the cemetery?
Screenshot-202.jpg

But the two teens do spend some time together.

They chat a bit and Cinda steps it up by using a pick up line on him!

This changes their outing to a bona fide first date!
Screenshot-228.jpg

She asks him his sign, but he can't seem to recall which one he is.

But that doesn't deter her from getting to know him better.
Screenshot-230.jpg

Even though Rory accepts all of her advances, he's either too tired or too hungry to continue the date and it ends badly!

And they haven't even made it to friends yet.

But Cinda perseveres and promises their next date will be better.

From the blank look on Rory's face, he's already forgotten the first one!
Screenshot-386.jpg

Meanwhile Kimberly's involved in a fantasy of her own.

The dream she had about Antony being human seemed so real she can't help but dwell on it.

First of all, he'd moved in and they travelled to France!
Screenshot-237.jpg

And Antony got really romantic.

They hugged, kissed, and enjoyed being in the city of romance together, just the two of them.

And she loved being held closely in his strong human arms!
Screenshot-244.jpg

Then he suggested they check out the Art Museum.

Kimberly *thinking* Even in a dream he's so Good, thoughtful, and sweet!*
Screenshot-256.jpg

And at the French museum, amidst the most stunning art, crafts, and artifacts, Antony proposed to her!

It was a magical moment, perfect as only a dream can be.
Screenshot-300.jpg

Her dream self accepts of course, flinging herself in his arms with heartfelt joy!
Screenshot-310.jpg

They head back to their room and celebrate their engagement, expressing their love for each other to the full.

The experience being so perfect that she swears she heard musical chimes. A beautiful lullaby!
Screenshot-350.jpg

But something isn't right, something is off.

Something that keeps nagging at her, at the back of her mind, even in the dream.

Then it hits her as her memories fight through her dream state.

Antony isn't human! He's her childhood friend that's a ghost!

With ghost parents and ghost sisters.
Screenshot-412.jpg

He's her teen best friend, the Brave, Good boy who overlooked her Evil tendencies and became her boyfriend.

Even after a disastrous prom night.

As a ghost.
Screenshot-292.jpg

He's the young man that has shared all the special moments in her life and helped her to weather the sad or bad ones.

Offering his friendship, his love, a relaxing massage to ease her tension.

Whatever she needed, when she needed it. He was always there for her.

As a ghost.
Screenshot-411.jpg

This dream human Antony isn't hers!

Even with a smile and his strong arms holding her, raining kisses on her face, proposing to her.

He isn't her Antony.

And she can sense his ghost self, his essence, his soul, crying out to her to not be taken in by this imposter!

Kimberly knows the dream was telling her, warning her, that being human wasn't right for Antony.

She quickly finds him to discuss this important choice.

But before she can say anything, he says: "Sweetheart, I need to tell you I've decided to stay true to my ghostly self. I really thought about eating ambrosia and becoming human, but it just wouldn't be me. I've been a ghost my whole life, it's an essential part of me. Something my parents gave me from their own selves, the love they share when they decided to marry and have children. I can't turn my back on my heritage!"

Kimberly *smiling* "I feel the same way Antony. I had a dream and it made me see that a human you wouldn't really be you at all! I was going to try to persuade you that it wouldn't make you happy, losing your ghostly self."
Screenshot-10.jpg

Antony *his love for her growing even more* "You are what makes me happy Kimberly!"

And dropping to one knee he asks her to marry him!

Antony: "Be my wife, share my life? Not your original journey, but one we can make together!"

Kimberly can't imagine a proposal any more perfect because now it's real, and made by her ghostly Antony.

The love of her life, her soulmate.

With her hands pressed over her mouth, she can only nod as her throat is too choked up to speak.
Screenshot-15.jpg

Well, most of generation eight has paired up.

Marshall with lovable, Insane Dahlia Ziggfield.

Lucas finding love with the breathtaking Tia Hyde.

Kimberly getting engaged to Antony Salas, who has decided to remain a ghost.

Lucinda's gone on her first date with Rory Hyde, but it didn't go well.

Though Rory did give her the cute nickname, Cinda, and he's absent-minded so he may not remember that first bad date.

Only time will tell if Cinda's choice will be Rory or someone new.

Join me in Chapter 148-- Family Members Lost and Gained
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2019, 10:50:31 AM »
Chapter 148-- Family Members Lost and Gained

Don't worry no one dies. Nothing like that!

In fact, it's for very loving reasons that family members are lost.

Lost in love so to speak.

First familial love, as Torre and Lucy's offer on the house was accepted and they need to move and make space for the next generations' partners.

So it's time for them to say goodbye.

First Samuel and Lucy say their goodbyes as Lorelei waves to her father, not sure she can stand the thought of them leaving.

Even if it's just across town for now.
Screenshot-54.jpg

But Torre's not letting her get away that easy!

They chat for awhile, then he pulls her in for a long hug and tells her they still have lots of time to be together.

But Torre wasn't expecting such an emotional tug on his heart that saying goodbye to his oldest daughter generated so he heads for the kitchen to recover before saying any other goodbyes.
Screenshot-94.jpg

Lucy finds her oldest granddaughter on the front porch.

Lucy *smiling* "This isn't really goodbye my dear as we'll both be staying here in Midnight Hollow. But with your engagement, it's time we made room for the next generation. But we'll be expecting you to visit. A lot!"

Kimberly *squeezing her tight* "And I'll be calling too. Your advice is at the top of my list Lita! Tito always said you were his rock and I know just what he meant. I'm a strong woman today following two of the best examples I know, you and mom!"

Lucy * proudly* "Very strong Kimberly. You always did have a strong will and once you made a decision, you stuck with it. I've never seen you look happier than after deciding to stay here with your Antony. I know it's a bit selfish, but I'm glad more family is staying here. Less of you to miss, and more of you to love. And with any luck, lots more of you!"

Kimberly *her face flushing* "Lita, I just got engaged! But I do know what you mean. I'm ever so thankful that Marshall's staying too. That was the hardest part of my decision, leaving my twin. But now we'll be together both of us, our partners, and you and Tito, and Everleigh and Ian's families too. We've really taken MH by storm!"

Lucy: "We have indeed child, we have indeed!"
Screenshot-102.jpg

Then she finds the younger twins in the nursery.

Lucas rocks nearby waiting his turn for a word with his Lita.

Cinda goes first, which is typical for her, hugging Lucy tightly, "We'll miss having you here in our house Lita. It just won't be the same without you!"

Lucy *knowingly* "Yes, I'm sure you'll enjoy having less adult supervision around, just remember, you're Good now young lady!" *then softening her words* "And don't ever forget that wherever you are, whoever you're with, Tito and I love you, we're proud of you and we always will be!"

Cinda: "I'll never forget anything about you Lita! I know I'm good because of you and Tito, and mom and dad, always there for me. I still have my moments and I probably always will, a mean thought, a not very nice deed, but you've all helped me try to temper my trait. And we've got days and days yet before we leave. Lots of time for you to give me more advice!"

Lucy *nodding* "And I'll expect visits while you're still here and lots of phone calls when you leave. Just put me on speed dial!"
Screenshot-184.jpg

Then Lucy grabs Lucas, saying: "Come here dear boy! You may be a teen now but not too big for a hug! Never too big for that!"

Lucas: "I don't mind hugs from you, Lita, that's what grandmother's are best at! And I'll miss them and you. Tito Torre too. I haven't got to see him yet. Is he still with mom?"

Lucy: "Your Tito is a strong man most of the time Lucas, but right now he's taking this leaving a bit hard. He's always lived in the Frio family home. This will be the first time it's just me and him. It will take some getting used to. But why don't you find him and chat without focusing on goodbye?"

Lucas: "You got it Lita! I could use some help with athletics and Tito's the best athlete I know!"

Lucy *smiling* "And I'm sure he'd love to train you. He's already done that with your dad and Kimberly. He's always looking for a new trainee!"
Screenshot-198.jpg

Lucas finds Torre in the kitchen and tries his best to cheer him up a bit.

Lucas *patting him on both arms* "Don't be sad Tito. We've still got some time to be together. I really need to put some muscles on these sticks I call arms. It would really help if the best athlete in the world was my trainer!"
Screenshot-113.jpg

Torre realizes he needs to make the most of the time he has left with the family that will be continuing the journey.

And he can't resist his grandson's request, so they set up a schedule for some training sessions.

Torre *cheering up a bit* "Don't think I'll be easy on you boy! I trained your sister the other day and she earned 3 skill points before breakfast!"

Lucas: "That sounds great Tito! I'd like to look good for prom, even if I am a slob most of the time."
Screenshot-117.jpg

On the porch Cinda's chatting with Marshall by the fairy house as they both needed to restore their powers.

Cinda: "Lita's in the nursery saying goodbye to Lucas Marshall, hurry and you could still catch her!"

Marshall: "No need little sister. I'll be sticking around in MH for a long, long time and I'll be seeing them a lot."

Cinda: "I know you're Brave Marshall but it doesn't take a genius to know that's a cop out! You don't want to say goodbye!"

Marshall: "No, I don't. But it's not that goodbye that's bothering me really. Even as Brave as I am, I'm still not good with stuff like that, it makes me nervous, uncomfortable. I knew Lita and Tito would have to leave our house one day, but it seems like it's gone by so fast. And I really thought they'd be staying here when we all left for the next town. But things have changed. And soon all of you will be leaving and Tito and Lita, and me and Kimberly, we'll be staying behind. That's the goodbye I'm really trying to avoid. It already hurts so much!"

Cinda *shocked at her brother's words* "Oh, Marshall. I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking when I said that. I was just being me, saying the first thing that popped into my head, which is usually mean! I'll miss you guys so much, especially you. My big fairy brother!" *then her eyes open wide* "No one else is a fairy Marshall. I'll be the only one going to the next town! That's so scary! No one to have fairy parties with or do fairy playful pester. What will I do?"

Marshall *being a true big brother, says gently* "You'll do what you were meant to do, little sister, carry on our journey. Let's face it, Lucas dislikes children and that probably means he'll defer heirship to you and you've always taken the lead between the two of you." *then with a spirit of challenge in his tone* "So if you don't want to be the only fairy, the last Frio fairy, hopefully you'll do something about it and have a least one fairy girl or boy in the next town! Problem solved!"

Cinda *mouth dropping open in shock* "Well, don't pull any punches big brother!"

Marshall *smirking* "I learned from the best sweet sister! And being the best to dish it out, I know you can take it. You're strong Cinda." *laughing* "Cinda, I called you Cinda….Rory sure has a funny sense of humor. If you pick him as your partner, make sure he doesn't name the children!"

Cinda *Ever so sweetly* "Speaking of naming children, Marshall. I overheard Dahlia reciting flower names, Alyssum, Buttercup, Chrysanthemum, Dianthus. Either she's planning on a garden or you better hope you have daughters!"

And seeing the look on her big brother's face, she laughs and says, "Gotcha!"
Screenshot-121.jpg

And finally it's Lorelei's turn to say goodbye.

They squeeze each other tightly knowing they only have a few of these face to face moments left.

Lorelei: "Oh mom, I know it's only across town right now. But it's still a goodbye and I'm just not ready for it. You always tell me how brave I am but I've always had you and dad."

Lucy: "And you always will sweetheart! If not in body, then in spirit. We'll always be in your heart, in your memories. And only a phone call or a letter away. I'll tell you the same thing I told Lucinda, 'Put me on speed dial!' You know I'm always available for advice. Now whether you take it or not is a different story."

Lorelei *smiling wryly* "But now I'll be the oldest and expected to give good advice, to the heir couple and the spare one! And neither Samuel or I will have the excuse of being too young to know better."

Lucy: "But you'll still have the family ghosts to discuss things with. You've always been good friends with Adam and gotten along really well with Founder Jared. And you and Samuel have learned a lot here in MH. In fact, with the diverse and unique residents in this town, I don't think the next town, wherever it is, will be difficult for you at all."

Lorelei *nodding* "This town has certainly been an eye-opener. The flutter of butterflies that greeted us! Meeting and befriending our neighbors, the Salas and Doe families. You're right mom, we've come a long way here in MH! And I'm sure everything we've learned and experienced will help us in the new town."
Screenshot-202.jpg

Lucy joins Torre in her pink limo, they take one last look at the Frio family home and drive slowly away to begin their new lives as a couple, just the two of them.
Screenshot-228.jpg

But they don't stay two for long.

On the way home, Lucy stopped and picked up a new puppy!

Something for both her and Torre to focus on and not feel quite so lonesome without a houseful of sims.

So Rufus joins their new little Frio family.

As Lucy thinks what a great idea getting Rufus was, Torre's thoughts focus on just how attractive his wife is!

And I'm sure he's thinking of all the romantic possibilities now that they've got a house to themselves!
Screenshot-258.jpg

And Kimberly and Antony are focusing on romance too as they enjoy their new adult relationship.

They don't always know what to expect with Antony being a ghost, but it turns out that he's even able to woohoo in the shower!

He seems pretty pleased with the experiment but Kimberly looks thoughtful.
Screenshot-143.jpg

She expresses her new found joy and happiness in her painting!
Screenshot-246.jpg

But not everything is joyful as an unexpected trip to the bathroom interrupts her painting.

Kimberly *thinking* That was nasty! I hope it was just something I ate.*
Screenshot-260.jpg

Later that morning Lorelei and Kimberly have a very adult mother/daughter conversation.

Lorelei: "I don't want to pry Kimberly, but have you and Antony discussed children yet?"

Kimberly *blushing a bit* "Mom, we just got engaged!" *then with a look at her mother* "You heard me in the bathroom, didn't you?"

Lorelei: "Yes, and unless you've eaten something off, we both know what that means."

Kimberly *pensively* "That I could already be expecting!"

Lorelei: "Exactly. And having a child is a big step, a huge responsibility. One that works better when the parents-to-be are actually living in the same home!"

Kimberly *nodding* "I know you're right mom, but I don't know for sure yet. If I am, I'll tell Antony and we'll decide then."
Screenshot-87.jpg

As darkness falls, the trick or treaters come out to celebrate Spooky Day.

Lucas drops a piece of candy in Tricia Salas' pumpkin bucket and shudders as being so close to a child is almost as bad as being outdoors!

I thought it was interesting that Tricia's costume was even a ghostly yellow.
Screenshot-86.jpg

Then Kimberly greets her cousin Ryan and they chat a bit as she gives him some candy.

He looks pretty scary in his costume but it was nice to see family out on Spooky Day.
Screenshot-125.jpg

Cinda decides trick or treating sounds great even if it takes place outside.

But the first house is dark and no one's home!
Screenshot-146.jpg

So she tries another house.

And her disappointment grows as no one answers the door here either!
Screenshot-150.jpg

When she gets to the third house, her Uncle Ian's by chance, she's thoroughly disgusted.

Cinda: "Well, well, you know what they say on Spooky Day Uncle Ian, if there's no treat, then it's a trick!"

And as she finishes uttering those words, she eggs the house!

Apparently on Spooky Day, when no one's home to give you candy, it's okay to be mean!

I'm so stunned that she did this all on her own, that I have to laugh!

Boy would Jared be proud of this granddaughter!!!
Screenshot-140.jpg

The next day Kimberly heads off to work and then takes on an after hours job to get in good with her boss.

This leads to a promotion, but that's not the biggest event of her day.

I get pulled into the kitchen just in time to see her change into maternity clothes and glance down at her increasing tummy!
Screenshot-380.jpg

Ugly maternity clothes! So she changes into something more suitable and heads over to the Salas home.

Looks like that conversation with Antony is scheduled for tonight!

But Antony's not home from work yet, so she chats with his mother.

And they both share their news of nooboos on the way!

Tatiana *happy but surprised* "You carry our Antony's child, knowing it could carry our ghostly genetics?"

Kimberly: *nodding excitedly* "I'm counting on it Mrs. Salas! The focus of our journey is to find unique sims in each town and add their genetics to our family line. Ghostly genetics should be high on the uniqueness scale!"
Screenshot-432.jpg

Kimberly continues: "Mrs. Salas, I love Antony with all my heart. So much so that I'm staying here in MH with him. As my husband if you approve?"

Tatiana *tears in her eyes* "You're staying here with our son! Bless you child. I would never have stood in his way if he'd wanted to leave with you, but to have you both stay here is even a greater blessing. We'd be honored to call Samuel's daughter our own, Kimberly, for his sake and yours. Just think, we'll be in laws with our first family friend plus sharing a grandchild! Jay and I never dreamed we'd be so accepted, not only considered worthy enough for friendship but being able to call you family."

Kimberly: "It's me who's honored Mrs. Salas. Antony's overlooking my evilness and my career. I don't know what I've done to deserve someone as good and brave as he is, but I'm planning on doing it for the rest of my life!"
Screenshot-427.jpg

So as soon as Antony arrives, Kimberly doesn't waste any time.

She smiles as she tells him he's going to be a father!

Antony *gently feeling her tummy* "Sweetheart, this is incredible! I'm going to be a father! We're going to be parents!"
Screenshot-479.jpg

Kimberly: "And as my mother reminded me, a baby needs parents living in the same house! So, move in with us Antony! Both of our houses are pretty full, but with your parents expecting another child, I think my family home will be the better choice. For now anyway."

Antony: "I'm all for it, I don't want to miss a minute of your pregnancy, our pregnancy!"

And with those words, he floats happily through the wall and over to the Frio home.

Introducing Antony Salas--YA ghost (who never ages as it's hard to die when you're not alive!)
LTW: Master Magician (what could be cooler than a ghost performing magic tricks!)
Career: Science---level one
Traits: Good, Brave, Couch Potato, Lucky, and Adventurous
Fav's: Indie, Veggie Burger, Lime
Fiancée: Kimberly Frio
Skills at move in: Fishing-2; Writing-1
Screenshot-510.jpg

Torre and Lucy moved to their own place.

Lucas shudders being near children, so Marshall's given his sister Cinda notice that she's probably going to be taking on heirship duties and having fairy children if she doesn't want to be the only fairy in the next town!

Kimberly's expecting Antony's child and he's moved into the Frio home, so wedding bells can't be far off.

And though Marshall's dreading the thought of saying goodbye when the family leaves town, he's actually got a bigger focus before the twins age up, completing his LTW!

Which means maxing Charisma and bestowing Inner Beauty on 12 lucky residents of MH!

Let's see how far he can get in: Chapter 149-- A Marriage and Magic Makeovers
Coming soon.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2019, 03:28:54 PM »
Chapter 149-- A Marriage and Magic Makeovers

Kimberly and Antony don't want a long engagement and with a baby on the way, they decide sooner is better than later.

Being a Loner, Kimberly just wants a private wedding.

So out on the sunporch, they exchange rings and simple vows that they speak together.

Antony and Kimberly: "My one true love that I choose to make my partner in life. I have cherished our friendship since we were young and the love I have for you today will only grow stronger for all of our tomorrows, always and forever."
(Modified From <https://www.greatofficiants.com/basic-ceremony>)
Screenshot-577.jpg

They share their first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Antony Salas!

And Rory commemorates the event with a quick photo.
Screenshot-581.jpg

But if Rory's here, where's Cinda?

Oh, reminding me that she hasn't had her teen  makeover yet!

Since Cinda loves black, and because it goes so well with her turquoise hair, we choose this for her Formal outfit.
Screenshot-413.jpg

Her Athletic outfit, a gray t-shirt with black and white stiped leggings, covered by an open shouldered black tunic.
Screenshot-407.jpg

With Winter weather soon upon us she chooses the only teen outfit available.

In her signature color, of course, set off by thigh high black boots.
Screenshot-416.jpg

She asks me to take special care with her every day outfit so we choose this cute knit dress.

Which is set off with some fashionable fuzzy leg warmers and white shoes.
Screenshot-412.jpg

And before I can ask what the special occasion is, she's grabbed Rory and planted a passionate kiss on him!

Lucky for her, he responds in kind and doesn't yell at her this time.

Antony and Kimberly have moved on from their marriage vows to focusing on their coming child.
Screenshot-592.jpg

But soon their baby time turns into tickle time as Antony gets a little frisky with his new bride.

Kimberly aware of the impressionable teens nearby, suggests they retire to their room for some privacy.

But as intent on each other as Cinda and Rory are, I doubt they've even noticed there's anyone else in the room
Screenshot-606.jpg

Antony's so eager to spend time with his new wife, he quickly floats through the kitchen wall.

Kimberly stares in awe and thinks *Now that would come in handy for an Evil Empress, to be able to float through solid walls! I wonder if he could teach me that?*
Screenshot-609.jpg

And another couple is celebrating the news of a grandchild and a marriage.

Lorelei: "I know it's not quite the conventional order of things, but I'm so happy for them Samuel! We'll get to see our first grandchild before we leave. I know it's soon for them and having a child is a big responsibility, but I think they're both mature enough to handle it. I'm thrilled, of course!"

Samuel: "Kimberly may have my coloring love, but she takes after you in spirit and strength. They'll do just fine. But I am glad they decided to marry and be together for this child. It does take two parents to nurture a child. And grandparents, and aunts and uncles."

Lorelei *smiling* "The Frios have no shortage of family so that part's easy!"
Screenshot-236.jpg

And with their hearts full of love and happiness for their oldest daughter, her new husband, and their coming grandchild, they express it with a passionate kiss!
Screenshot-252.jpg

The next morning, I find Marshall at the Fall Festival and I realize that he's gotten a new everyday outfit.

Dee: "Excuse me, Marshall, but didn't you like the outfit I picked out or the hair style?"

Marshall *finishing up his call* "Ok, great, see you in a few minutes Mr. Ziggfield."

"Sorry about that Watcher. I was setting up a very important meeting with Dahlia's father. You were asking about my clothes, right? Well, the thing is I think you forgot that it's Lucas who's a slob. I want to focus more on my fairy heritage, so I found this outfit. And all my hair needed was a comb!"

Dee: "I'm so sorry Marshall! That's the 2nd time I've done that! First with Lucy and now with you. But I'm glad you found something you like. I'll leave you to your meeting."

Marshall *smiling nervously* "I hope it goes well." *glancing at the town clock* "And I'm on the clock after that! I've got to get going on my LTW! You may want to stick around and see the results."
Screenshot-265.jpg

Marshall hurries to greet David Ziggfield and after chatting a bit, they discover they're both Geniuses.

Building on that shared trait, Marshall asks the biggest question of his life.

Marshall *respectfully* "You know I love your daughter Mr. Ziggfield, we've been together since we were children. And I've promised her I'll not only respect her choice of guardianship for her siblings, but share in those responsibilities as well. Dahlia knows my intentions, but I wanted your blessing. I'm asking for Dahlia's hand, sir. Do I have permission to marry your daughter?"

David Ziggfield *contemplatively* "Marshall, I've always liked you, thought you were a good young man. But the way you handled Dahlia and that insane kiss of hers, well, I can only say, 'Brilliant, my boy, just brilliant!' Dahlia needs you, someone who knows and understands her ways, and I'd be honored to call you my son!"
Screenshot-281.jpg

Marshall *his happiness obvious* "Thank you so much Mr. Ziggfield. I'm honored to be part of your family too, I'll do my best to make Dahlia happy."

David: "Please call me David, Marshall. Whatever magic you've used so far has her walking on air! I mean really floating, flying around. Is that something you can do for anyone?"
Screenshot-282.jpg

Marshall: "Oh, of course Mr. Zigg…, David, sir. I can do the same for you too."

Marshall suits his words to actions, focuses his fairy power, flies off the ground and bestows the flight of felicity on his soon-to-be father-in-law!

As the magical dust floats gently around him, he chuckles and says: "It kind of tickles. Now I know why Dahlia's always giggling!"
Screenshot-288.jpg

With his future with Dahlia blessed by her father, Marshall then turns to his main reason for visiting the festival.

His Inner Beauty missions!

He contemplates Eliza Ainsley but she gushes all over him asking for his autograph.

So he showers her with fairy dust so she can enjoy the uplifting sensation of flight instead.
Screenshot-296.jpg

And then he finds his first volunteer, victim, ummm, vision of Inner Beauty.

Olive Specter!

Rumors have abounded about her and there are three gravestones on the original lot she occupied here in MH.

He decides to see if the rumors about her are true, focuses his fairy energy, and engulfs her with Inner Beauty!
Screenshot-311.jpg

At first, it seems harmless enough.

Maybe the rumors weren't true after all?

Olive Specter may not be the cruel, heartless, widow-maker some have made her out to be?

But within minutes her transformation is complete and her true Inner Beauty is obvious to all!

He's accomplished his first mission.
Screenshot-319.jpg

Number two is Julien Hyde.

Another resident with a less than stellar past.

Marshall lets the fairy dust fly.
Screenshot-322.jpg

And Lucien's true Inner self is revealed.

And not one anyone would want to paint either with a jutting chin and tiny nose!

But his odd facial transformation does not deter him form chatting away with Marshall.
Screenshot-329.jpg

His next vision of Inner beauty is none other than Seema Sielen.

Her reputation in town is one of a charismatic party girl who loves breaking men's hearts.

Is it true? Will her Inner Beauty reveal a monster beneath the charming veneer?
Screenshot-343.jpg

It does!

One that shows how shriveled her heart is with her pinched mouth and non-existent chin.
Screenshot-352.jpg

Then Marshall's working streak is interrupted when his old friend Carrie Limb shows up.

They chat for a bit, but Marshall can't turn the possible horror of Inner Beauty on Carrie.

Her mother endured enough as a prisoner all those years ago.

But with his fairy magic waning, Marshall stops his aura as well, to help restore some of his powers.
Screenshot-355.jpg

He has enough left over for one more attempt and he spots Cedrick Winchester looking all dapper in his white suit.

But Cedrick's mean, cowardly personality and his love of crime have not endeared him to the town's people.

So he becomes victim # 4, though the way Marshall sees, they're only victims if their own hearts aren't pure.
Screenshot-369.jpg

Judging by Cedrick's appearance, his chin receding so much it doesn't even look like he has one and the hollows of his cheeks deepening alarmingly, his heart is a long, long, way from pure!

And he proves it by spreading malicious gossip about his neighbors right after revealing his true inner self.
Screenshot-378.jpg

Kimberly and Antony got married soon after finding out they were going to be parents.

Cinda's still pursuing Rory Hyde, but even after a heat of the moment kiss they're still just friends.

And Marshall not only has David Ziggfield's blessing to marry Dahlia, but he's completed 4 of his 12 Magic Makeovers.

But it's early days yet in the twins teen years with Prom scheduled for Monday and both of them have dates!

Who knows what could happen at prom?

Find out in Chapter 150-- All About Love
Coming soon.

anything