Author Topic: The Honeyheart Short Dynasty  (Read 20270 times)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: The Honeyheart Short Dynasty
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2019, 05:48:11 PM »
Goodness! I always forget how much HAPPENS in Short Dynasty updates. (Different from short, dynasty updates, where nothing much tends to happen at all). Is Shawn part Goodfellow, somewhere? Or am I just projecting? (Fawn Goodfellow is one of my favorite townies, hehe).

You're so close to the end! Good luck!

It's crazy how much happens in short dynasties. It's kind of exhausting to play and to write about, but going back and reading old chapters makes it all hilarious again. Yes, Shawn is definitely part Goodfellow––all of the Moonlight Falls families are deeply interconnected now (I really should take a screenshot sometime). It's more like a family forest than a family tree at this point. I'll go back and look the next time I play the Honeyhearts and see what her direct line of ancestry is, but there's absolutely a good amount of Goodfellow in her!

Thanks for the luck! I'm hoping to finish up in the next few weeks!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2019, 08:42:20 PM »
Ah, the good ol' haunting curse. Seeing ghosts run around freaking out about other ghosts...oh the irony. I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't be able to get rid of any of the pets. They are just too cute!
Generation eight already? Wow! That's amazing!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2019, 06:48:45 PM »
Ah, the good ol' haunting curse. Seeing ghosts run around freaking out about other ghosts...oh the irony. I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't be able to get rid of any of the pets. They are just too cute!
Generation eight already? Wow! That's amazing!

The key to getting rid of pets is to keep them in the house for a very, very short amount of time. Like, a few in-game hours, tops. Then I make the call and have them adopted before I get too attached. Then I try not to cry when the happy-sad adopting music plays. Then I hate myself. Then I force myself to move on and try and forget about the whole thing.

I know, we're getting so close! I'm excited!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2019, 06:57:50 PM »
Chapter 38 - Bones

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Life and death go on in equal measure for the Honeyhearts. Death abounds in the form of ghosts. I’m pretty sure this is Daisy, our most frequent haunter, having fun with an oblivious Lilac.

But there is also life. Rose, our sweet little poodle, showers her owners with affection and constantly brings in the newspaper, which is just about the most adorable thing ever.

But is it as adorable as Cricket proposing to Shawn at the Fortune Teller’s wagon? I don't know, you tell me!

Shawn says yes, of course, and she doesn’t even feel the need to check any crystal balls first.

The two of them get married right there on that mist-clouded cliff.

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Honeyheart The Ninth!

They consummate their marriage (and try for baby) as soon as they get back to the house.

Now that she’s a proper Honeyheart, Shawn must get to work on earning her point for the dynasty. Since she’s a Genius, she will naturally be maxing Logic. She may also work on Athletic in her spare time. (Ha ha, spare time! What a concept.)

Fern is enjoying old age more than other sims I’ve had. She’s gathered about five gazillion gems in her inventory (okay, like twenty) from smashing space rocks, so she dusts off the old gem cutting machine that no one in this family has ever really used in all of history and starts working her way up through the various gem cuts.

Wondering how the pets are doing? You ask, I deliver. Kip and Zelda are still cuddly and in love as ever. I kind of can’t believe they’re not dead yet. I don’t think their life bars are even maxed out.

Rose (henceforth called “Rosie” because I keep thinking about Rose Kindle and getting confused) tries to make friends with her housemates, but doesn’t always come across as poised or socially adept. She kind of just barks at Zelda a lot.

Here’s the latest of Lilac’s adoptees. This is Cinnamon. She’s the biggest, derpiest goof I’ve ever seen and I love her. She is Clueless, which makes her even more perfect. I may not be able to let this one get adopted.

Oh look! Shawn is pregnant! Are you shocked? I know I’m shocked.

Know what else is shocking? Bonehilda is back! Repeat, Bonehilda is BACK!

I was all excited to have Bonehilda back, because I thought that all the family Cowards had finally died off. (I hate when sims do nothing but run away from Bonehilda when they’re supposed to be slaves to skilling productive members of the household.) Turns out that it’s not just Cowards that run away from skeletons. It’s Neurotics, too. *sigh*

I don’t know how long we’ll keep Bonehilda around since Fern can’t bear the sight of her. But it’s cute watching her interact with the animals.

Cinnamon does not know how she feels about the new skeleton maid.

Cinnamon: “...help?”

In time, though, Cinnamon becomes best buds with Bonehilda--as much as one can become best buds with Bonehilda.

Kelvin has reached the high levels of the alchemy skill and is stocking up on lots of useful potions for the family. We’ve run low on skill boosters and friendship elixirs over the years--it’s nice to have plenty on hand once again.

And Cricket...er, he’s doing okay at inventing. But just okay.

Kelvin is SO CLOSE to maxing alchemy when his time comes. (Actually, in all honesty, I don’t remember whether he maxed it or not--I got lazy with my note-taking and failed to mark down whether he earned his point. I’m pretty sure he didn’t quite make it, though, so I’m not giving myself the point.)

The family gathers round, pregnant bellies and all, to watch Kelvin meet Grim.

Kelvin amiably agrees to go on to the next life. He's always been a chill, good-natured guy. I guess he knows he’ll always have this house to haunt if he wants it.

Farewell, Kelvin Morganthe Honeyheart. You were adorable and important, even if you weren’t quite the alchemy master you dreamed of being. (Or maybe you were. We'll never know.) Rest in peace.

These poor cats have seen so much death and have spent most of their lives in mourning. And it looks like it’s not over yet. At least they can comfort each other with nuzzles, and comfort us with cuteness.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2019, 07:36:06 PM »
Bring on generation nine!

All the animals are so sweet. I love Rosie's fluffy ears and Mag's derpiness. I'm glad to see the cats are still kicking. I love cats.

RIP Kelvin, the almost master Alchemist.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2019, 02:28:07 PM »
Bring on generation nine!

All the animals are so sweet. I love Rosie's fluffy ears and Mag's derpiness. I'm glad to see the cats are still kicking. I love cats.

RIP Kelvin, the almost master Alchemist.

Generation Nine will be here soon! Hopefully I can get another chapter up by the end of the week.

By the way, I updated the name and traits of our favorite derpy white dog. I originally wrote her name as Mags, but I actually misread my notes––her name is Cinnamon, and she's Clueless, not Playful or Friendly. I think Mags was a cat that we adopted for about half a second and then returned to the shelter (and that I failed to get a screenshot of). Sorry for the confusion! It's fixed in the story now.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »
Chapter 39 - Four Birds, One Stone

There are a lot of elders in this house right now. (This will be important later.) Misushi makes his first visit as a ghost and touches noses with his precious Lilac. Aww, look, he matches her underpants!

Shawn is very pregnant with the ninth generation heir. A nice trip to the spa keeps her happy while the baby grows.

In the meantime, she ropes her mother-in-law into practicing chess with her. Shawn needs to max the logic skill, and Fern is the only sim in the household who has nothing left to do (she’s already earned three points for the challenge).

Shawn: “Oh, god, it hurts! It hurts!”
Fern: “Why'd you ask me to play chess if you were just planning on going into labor? Jeez…”

This is about the first Mean-Spirited face Fern has made in her whole life. I think maybe she wanted Cricket to marry Eileen the Vampire-Fairy.

Anyway, Shawn cheerily drags her husband to the hospital…

...and gives birth to a baby boy named Finch.

With the generation nine heir born, Cricket and Shawn decide to get started on another family member.

This chapter has a lot of thrilling, happy events in it, so let’s get right to it. Grim makes a long-awaited appearance (LOL just kidding he was here, like, yesterday) at the Honeyheart house to reap Kip, who is well past the end of his life bar. (I don’t even realize Grim is here until I notice the “mourn” action in one of the other pet’s queues…)

Midway through his collection of Kip, though, Grim is interrupted. Apparently Fern can’t wait another second to die. Yeah, I’m talking about you, Fern! You who COULDN’T WAIT ANOTHER SECOND!

She’s forced to wait, hovering between worlds, while Grim sends Kip up to the happy hunting grounds.

Fern: “Excuse me, Mr. Reaper, but exactly how long are you going to make me wait?”

Fern was one of the nicest Mean-Spirited sims ever and one of the most accomplished Honeyhearts. I might resent her forever for upstaging Kip’s death, but, y’know, it’s fine. Maybe she just couldn’t stand to be without her cat for even a second. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. Rest in peace, Fern. And rest in peace, Kip, the original Honeyheart pet. :’(

Much crying ensues, as you can imagine. Two deaths at the exact same time! This kind of trauma is unheard of in the sims!

At least we get a breather long enough to celebrate Finch’s toddler birthday. (Shawn has been out in the front yard stargazing, so she hasn’t even witnessed any of the tragedy yet. Key word in this sentence: YET.)

Aww, what a cutie! Finch is an adorable combo of his parents, which is easy to say because of the ubiquity of that butter-blond hair. Finch is also an adorable combo of traits: Insane and Neurotic (yay!), and he likes Chinese music, Ratatouille, and the color Lilac. How appropriate. :(

Finch has a couple hours of quiet, happy toddlerhood in which to pose for the camera and make us all forget, momentarily, the frailty and brevity of human existence.

Finch is the only bright spot in this chapter of horribleness. Ready? It's not over yet.

What’s up, Cinnamon? Hear something unusual?

Grim: “Whassup, everyone. I’M BACK.”

Wait, what?! Already?! No, Grim, don't take Cinnamon!

I forgot that Cinnamon was an elder. I guess it’s already her time. The first two deaths today were plenty sad. But losing Cinnamon basically breaks my heart.

RIP, beautiful Cinnamon. We did not get enough time with you and your sweet, clueless little soul.

As Grim vanishes after his third reaping of the day, Lilac and Cricket look at each other.

Cricket: “You think he’s finally done for the day?”
Lilac: “You know, I wouldn’t count on it.”

“...Yep, I think I'm ready to go too.”

Lilac! Seriously? Right now?!

Okay, maybe she’s not so ready. Perhaps Grim is just trying to be efficient.

Lilac: “Please, Grim, my family has suffered so much already today! Let me live just a little longer!”

Grim: “I don’t have time for these stupid games! I have a quota to meet and I will meet it if it’s the last thing I do! Now get in the grave, woman!” *FWOOSH*

Grim: “Ugh. I am never signing up to do a Short Dynasty ever again.”

And there you have it, folks. Four deaths, one day. At least all the “Mourning” moodlets don’t pile up on top of each other. Talk about killing four birds with one stone!

Next chapter, we’ll see if we can go a day without anyone dying. But I doubt it! See ya then!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2019, 03:52:08 PM »
Wow, lots of deaths all in one day! I think I've only ever had two close together and they were both paparazzi, so no big deal, though one happened right after a wedding. Grim's timing is always so perfect. I love little Finch, what a cutie! Insane and Neurotic, now that's going to be a fun combo. I've got 2 neurotic sims and one insane one in my TJ game right now, so lots of sink checking, freak outs, and talking to herself going on! Can't wait for your next update, and fingers crossed no more deaths for a bit!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2019, 05:01:30 PM »
Stick and stones can't break your bones, ah...oh no. Wow, that was quite the chapter! The generation heir is born and four of the household members die? That's nuts!
When Cinnamon died, I felt a little piece of myself die too. Her derpiness was so beautiful. She was too good for us. Too good!  :'(

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2019, 01:29:13 AM »
Oh, geez. And I thought Immortal dynasties were bad for multiple deaths. This is just excessive, Grim :(

But....Finch is here! A light at the end of the (short?) tunnel!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »
Chapter 40 - The Supernatural Scientists

Well. After four deaths in a row last chapter, things have gotten a little too familiar between the remaining Honeyhearts and the Grim Reaper.

Cricket: “...”
Grim: “...”

Grim: “Don’t even try to talk to me. We are NOT friends.”

At least there’s some light in all this darkness. Shawn is pregnant for a second time! It’s about time we started building up this eerily empty household again.

We’re also down to only two pets at the moment. Rosie, our adorable poodle, spends a good hour howling dramatically next to a rotting plate of food until I come over to see what’s up.

Oh. Turns out she’s aging up to elder. :(

Rosie looks a little spooked, but she’s still beautiful even with some grey fur.

Finch is having a pretty happy toddlerhood, even though it’s only two days long and there’s no time to teach him anything.

As such, he gets to play with whatever toys he wants and is not a slave to the peg box or xylophone like most toddlers in my games.

Apparently he likes the xylophone, though. That’s the only reason he plays it--because he wants to.

Finch likes to keep his dad company while Cricket slaves away at the workbench.

Even though he’s an accomplished inventor, Cricket still sets himself on fire from time to time.

Bonehilda: “Pardon me, Mr. Honeyheart. You are level 9. Fires only happen to amateurs. Please explain your incompetence.”

Thankfully, she’s still willing to put him out.

Bonehilda: “Ha. Ha. You have much work to do, young insect.”

Cricket gets revenge on Bonehilda for her snarky remarks. Later that day, he does one of the only available social interactions with Bonehilda: “Ask to Pose”.

Bonehilda gets stuck in a posing loop for hours on end.

It never stops being funny.

“I will get you for this, foolish chirping bug.”

Shawn is working hard at her logic skill. Because sitting around playing chess at home is boring, she decides to go across town to the Toadstool and play chess there. Remember this extremely handsome fellow? He was a potential spouse for Fern before I found out he was, well, a fairy.

Shawn stays at the Toadstool long into the night, until the only other patrons in the joint are supernatural scientists with spooky goggles, rubber gloves, and various unflattering hairdos. I’m pretty sure Shawn would willingly stick around, but I end up sending her home before long due to the creepiness of it all. :o

Zelda is still alive, though her life bar has long since expired and she does little more than wander around looking lost now that her mate, Kip, is gone. :(

Cricket still gives her plenty of love, but it’s clear that Zelda will be ready to go when the time comes.

I do also have this delightful shot of Rosie and Zelda playing together. Please enjoy.

Oh look, it’s Cricket’s time already! To age up to adult, that is.

He loses his hat in the swirl of sparkles, but before he can get to a mirror, our favorite house guest shows up again. Yup, it’s Grim, come to collect Zelda at last.

Cricket: “This is getting really old, you know.”

Grim: “Your kitty is getting really old, too. Awww, yes, that’s a good kitty!”

Grim promises to ensure that Zelda is reunited with Kip in the afterlife. At least, I tell myself he does.

After yet another loss, Shawn retreats to the bathroom and gives the last living pet a nice flea bath. She’s so upset she can’t even get her legs to work properly. I should be very upset, but mostly I just can’t stop laughing.

On that happy note--wow, we didn’t even make it one chapter without someone dying! Congrats, everyone. Unenthusiastic applause all around.

Next time, we’ll meet baby #2 and see Finch grow into a big boy. See ya then!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
Chapter 41 - Birthdays, Hot Dogs, Repossession, and Some Other Stuff

Right! It’s been a while. Well, okay, I posted a chapter a few days ago, but I’d actually written that a couple months ago and just failed to put it up in a timely manner. These next two chapters I am writing loooong after actually playing the game. Which means I have a bunch of screenshots that I have no idea how to caption! Because I don’t remember what was going on! Come on, this is going to be fun. Like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Of random things that make no sense.

Okay, some things make sense. Like this sweet picture of Shawn and Rosie rubbing noses. So cute! So sensible!

This is a picture of Rosie taking a bath. That makes sense.

This is Bonehilda trying to teach Rosie how to sit. Rosie is indeed sitting, but she still looks very confused.

Here is Cricket grilling up some hot dogs, whilst the ghost of Misushi struggles to get unstuck from the deck railing.

And here’s Cricket crying over his hot dogs. I vaguely remember having a clever caption for this. Of course it’s gone now. Which is probably why Cricket is crying.

Everyone is having a hard time with hot dogs this chapter. Rosie is just...struggling on a whole different level.

Here are Fern and Kelvin being freaked out at each other as ghosts.

Oh, phew! An actual event! It’s Finch’s birthday already. I’m sad he’s losing that adorable floppy hairdo. Why don’t they have that for all ages, hmmm?

Here he goes!

And here he is! He’s a looker, this kid. Naturally, he picks up a terrible trait to go with his good looks. We have another Mean-Spirited sim, everybody! *sigh*

He’s also a Neurotic wimp. Looks like we might have to put Bonehilda away again. *sigh*

Here’s Finch after a trip to the mirror. Why did I put him in overalls? Why? Oh well, he only has to wear them for two days before it’s his birthday again. *sigh*

This is Finch learning to bake. Ooh, I think I might have had cooking in mind for his maxed skill! Yeah, that makes sense, I suppose. Or maybe I just wanted some muffins for the family fridge. Who knows.

I imagine this was supposed to be a “look, a future spouse” picture. But I have no idea who either of these people are. So I don’t know what to tell ya.

Oh look, Shawn is going into labor! Did anyone else forget she was pregnant? I know I forgot she was pregnant.

Whilst his mother is at the hospital, Finch makes it known to the world that HE is the heir, HE is the eldest, and HE is the one in charge.

Finch’s new baby brother will just have to deal with that. Everyone, welcome Clay Honeyheart to the family!

Ah, another future spouse! Wait, is this the same one? I think this might be the only human child in town anywhere close to Finch’s age. So this unnamed little lady is basically guaranteed to be Finch’s future mate and the mother of the last generation of Honeyhearts. Unless something crazy happens.

Wow, another birthday? This time it’s Shawn, aging up amid her eccentric social circle at the Toadstool.

The next photo I have is of the Shawn extinguishing a grill fire. Cricket must have tried to make hot dogs again. Can everyone just STOP INTERACTING WITH HOT DOGS, PLEASE.

Finch: “Mom! Why can’t you put it out?! Mom! Hurry! The house is gonna--”
Shawn: “Fire extinguishers are VERY COMPLICATED, young man! Give me a moment!”

I guess the fire gets put out eventually, but that’s not the end of our troubles. Nope!

This is a picture of the family garden. This is interesting for several reasons. First, look at how badly I arranged the family tombstones! I may as well have dropped them from the sky. Second, for some reason, the family bills have been piling up--or rather, lining up very neatly in a row--in the middle of the garden, nowhere near the front door, and nowhere I would ever actually notice them during everyday activities. I have no explanation for this. Third, when was the last time anybody pulled a weed around here? And fourth, look, it’s Stella the vampire gnome! At least I think her name is Stella. I’m probably wrong.

Those lined-up bills are significant, because we get a visit from the repo-man that very day. Of course he goes for the valuable gems that have been sitting in the martial arts garden ever since Fern broke them out of a space rock decades ago. Thankfully, we’re filthy rich, so it’s not really anything to worry about.

Our final event of this chapter is, ahem, another birthday. Clay’s!

Boy, do Shawn and Cricket make cute kids together, or what? Clay is Good and Absent-Minded, and he likes Roots, Pancakes, and Purple. (I did manage to write those things down. But nothing else about this whole chapter.)

And that’s it! That’s our jigsaw puzzle. One more rather chaotic chapter to go and then we’re back on track for the home stretch of this dynasty. Toodle-oo! *collapses on floor in exhaustion*

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2019, 10:43:20 PM »
"Unless something crazy happens." Amarathin! You jinxed it!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2019, 07:14:30 PM »
Chapter 42 – Laser Eye Beams

Clay is the spitting image of his mommy. Look at that. Wowza.

He’s also the first toddler I’ve ever seen that looks scary while looking scared.

At all other times, though, he’s a cutie patootie.

Oh hey, it’s time for Finch to age up already! That was fast.

Like so many sims before him, he has the ability to blow out candles from very far away.

With a whirl of sparkles…

...Finch becomes a teenager. A Clumsy one, to be precise. (Trait refresher: he's also Neurotic, Insane, and Mean-Spirited. Fun!)

I think Finch’s personality is starting to emerge at last. Or maybe that’s just puberty. Either way, suddenly he is really not impressed by the world around him. Me either, bud. Me either.

But hey, he has something else to be impressed by--a girl! This lovely lady apparently shows up at the house later that day. I don’t remember why. Her name is Nicola Sumari, and yep, she’s a vampy-vamp. Which is unfortunate, but possibly fixable with a nice potent cure potion (if we can procure one somehow). In any case, Finch likes her. And since time is of the essence, I must take his preferences seriously.

But wait! First, another death. :( It’s Rosie’s turn this time. I didn’t know the elder stage was so short. You’d think I’d have learned after Cinnamon’s sudden death.

Rosie is not ready to go, and I am not ready to let her. She growls at death, the brave little soul!

Then Grim mutters the word “treat” in his ghostly guttural voice, and Rosie is all ears.

Grim takes a moment to make Rosie feel at ease before he sweeps her away to the afterlife. Cricket stands by, expressing my exact emotions.

Grim: “Who’s a good puppy? Rosie’s a good puppy! Yes, yes she is!”
Cricket: “I am dead inside.”

Grim: “Is Rosie ready for all the treats in the world? Is she ready to play fetch under a sky of rainbows? She IS? What a good girl!”
Cricket: “I have no feelings.”

Cricket: “Hey Grim, want to take me too while you’re at it?”

NO, CRICKET. NO. IT IS NOT YOUR TURN YET. SIT THE HECK DOWN.

RIP, beautiful Rosie. You were a beauty and a delight and we will miss you dearly.

As all this is going down indoors, Finch is still outdoors chatting up his first female friend. He even tries a couple of flirts with her--but Nicola doesn’t seem interested. She starts to turn away.

And that’s when she turns around and uses her LASER EYE BEAMS!

Nicola: “Listen to me veeeerrry carefully, Finch Honeyheart. You will flirt with me NO LONGER. You are a MORTAL, and I do not fraternize--nor flirt--with mortals! For I shall live FOREVER, ruling with great power over the--”

“Oohhhh, I feel sick.”

The laser eye beams vanish, and our lovely vampire girl is left reeling and woozy.

“Uh...Nicola? Are you okay? Do you need to sit down? Or maybe have a glass of wa--”
“Nah, I feel fine now. Hey, you’re cute!”
“...I am?”

“You’re VERY cute. Suddenly I have an overwhelming urge to hug you.”
“Oh...kay?”

And with that, Finch and Nicola are a couple. Kind of. At least, they’re flirting. I guess the girl’s LASER EYE BEAMS backfired somehow, and now she likes Finch. Hah.

Next time, we'll see if this vampire love is even feasible in this kind of high-speed circus. (I'm guessing not, but you never know.)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2019, 09:46:42 PM »
Okay but is Nicola related to them somehow? 🤔 I don't know how you can stand the rapid pet deaths but it makes you stronger than I. :'(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything