Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 76494 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2018, 07:55:23 PM »
If your Sims have enough Satisfaction Points, can they use them to purchase and drink a potion of youth?

If your Sims have enough money, can they purchase a higher level grill and if so how high can they go?  We're talking No Tech for both questions.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2018, 10:11:48 PM »
If your Sims have enough Satisfaction Points, can they use them to purchase and drink a potion of youth?

From the beginning of the rules...

** Life extension (except because of pregnancy) is not allowed, however.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2018, 01:14:04 AM »
Thank you, Metro!

To one and all, may you all have a wonderful and blessed Christmas filled with love, hope and joy for you and all your families wherever you may be!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #123 on: December 25, 2018, 04:54:27 AM »
I was under the impression that our sims can't earn money during No Tech?  Since one of the rules is to set our funds to 0 after building our shelter, I've been operating under that assumption.

Test is going well-though maybe this could count as an official challenge; though I don't have GT or JA/OR, my sims are doing well so far.  I've already mastered 4/5 skills I need to move on to Low Tech, and the first born is almost halfway through the fifth.  :)  Of course, as I'm doing so well, my male founder got himself abducted and impregnated. :P  I'll then have a baby and two teenage girls.  Ah well-babies later in life keep you young!

Happy holidays everyone! I hope you're all enjoying good times with your loved ones.
Back in a minute-just need to refill my cup.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: December 25, 2018, 06:36:44 AM »
I was under the impression that our sims can't earn money during No Tech?  Since one of the rules is to set our funds to 0 after building our shelter, I've been operating under that assumption.

No, that rule is there to make it very difficult at the outset for everyone. But, as long as you follow the other rules, you're free to do basic things like sell fish, etc.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2018, 12:07:41 AM »
I know that no school is allowed. However,, due to school performance and not completing homework my children fall into irresponsible traits. Any ideas on how to have this not occur? Are the students allowed to complete the homework even though they don't go to school? Would this help? Thank you for any tips!!!

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2018, 01:13:43 AM »
Oh, okay!  Goody; one of the skills I've maxed is fishing, and, since I couldn't cook it, one of my sim's inventories is FULL of fish!  Now I can get the extra bed I need.

@Makenziegma : I have the same issue.  My first second gen to grow up is now irresponsible.  One thing you can do for that is clean things up-plates from scavenged meals, puddles and trash from repair jobs, and the mess they sometimes make.  Probably still not enough, though.   :-\

ETA:  Are we allowed to accept phone calls from love interests asking to come over and hang out?  Otherwise, we just have to kind of hope they walk by or come to the public area around our lots during the No Tech era.

Also, this file has become recently plagued by the instant loss of relationships among family members.  :/  Can I fix that with cheats?  It's happened twice now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2018, 04:51:44 PM »
Good question, Felicat!  I would love to know what cheats are or are not allowed.  For instance, there is no park where I chose to plant my Sims, are we allowed to put in the basics like a picnic table and grill so our Sims can clean up after others and take food from them?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2018, 05:16:57 PM »
Good question, Felicat!  I would love to know what cheats are or are not allowed.  For instance, there is no park where I chose to plant my Sims, are we allowed to put in the basics like a picnic table and grill so our Sims can clean up after others and take food from them?

@Felicat, I suppose you could invite a love interest over. We're not forbidding use of the phone, just assuming that players will want to limit their use to stay in keeping with the spirit of the challenge. Basically you are limited to the Sims who show up in your area.

As for the loss of relationships among family members, it would be better to find a fix rather than just using a relationship cheat. Is the relationship deteriorating because one of your Sims is off fishing all the time? If you're using any mods, taking them out might solve the problem, too.

@Joria, I don't think you can put a picnic table and grill on the public area -- those are generally uneditable. In choosing a lot for your Sims, access to picnic tables is like access to fishing, something you should look for.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »
It's not a deterioration at all-my sims spend almost all of their time together.  I think it's a bug or glitch because it happens instantly.  They go from having full friendship and/or romance to nothing at all in a fingersnap.  I removed all my mods before starting, in accordance with challenge rules.  All I have is CC-clothing and the like.  Still trying to get to the bottom of this.

I've had issues in other saves where my sims can't/won't wash the dishes.  Even with multiple accessible sinks and trash cans, they simply won't pick them up and clean them when directed to do so.  They'll pick them up and then just put the down again with the action cancelling itself.  I've run repair game several times, tested with and without mods, you name it.  *shrug*  No idea on that one either.

Ah well.  Off to get my older girl hitched!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2018, 09:12:54 AM »
@Felicat, Sorry to hear about your glitches. The CC-clothing might be causing both problems.

Depending on how far along you are, you might want to try a factory reset. Mrs. Flynn has directions here: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.0.

A quick way is to give your The Sims 4 file an extension -- The Sims 4.old -- using the "rename" function. When you start up your game, you'll get a completely new The Sims 4.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2018, 04:56:03 AM »
With alot of updates and new packs comming to this game, we all try to keep the dynasties up to date too.

So its now time for a new round of update the dynasty spreadsheets.
I plan to have them updated by latest 13th January

So if you see something missing in a dynasty spreadsheet, or something not working. Or in general an idea to make them better or easier to use.
Then please PM me.

Thanks for all that want to help.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2018, 12:08:31 AM »
So I got all the way to level 10 of four of the needed things to do and my founder died!  It was sad, but it was also hilarious watching him lie there, not quite dead, when Grim said, "Can one of you show me to the nearest deli.  I haven't had my break yet.", and waltzed off to find one!!  After he FINALLY reaped my founder's soul, he chatted with the grieving widow and heir and to make it even better, picked up their clay and began to sculpt it.  A do-over has never been so much fun before.  Not sure this file would make it as they just don't seem to get the idea of charisma without a mirror or telling jokes before they get too playful. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2018, 02:50:18 AM »
I found that too with the Charisma and Comedy skill.  I gave up on the comedy skill because of the very playful to hilarious, which they can die from!  I ended up focusing on the Charisma skill, but I put a mirror in in order to be able to get there.  I find the Charisma skill so slow from level 8 to 10.  I'm now in the mid tech era (lots of fun) and the amount of times I've had Sims die directly after completing a skill or aspiration was sooo close :)  Good luck with your game.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2018, 05:33:45 AM »
So I got all the way to level 10 of four of the needed things to do and my founder died!  It was sad, but it was also hilarious watching him lie there, not quite dead, when Grim said, "Can one of you show me to the nearest deli.  I haven't had my break yet.", and waltzed off to find one!!  After he FINALLY reaped my founder's soul, he chatted with the grieving widow and heir and to make it even better, picked up their clay and began to sculpt it.  A do-over has never been so much fun before.  Not sure this file would make it as they just don't seem to get the idea of charisma without a mirror or telling jokes before they get too playful. 

You don't have to do it all with one character, though? Someone else can max the fifth skill to complete that era.
[they/them pronouns please]

anything