Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 76451 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2018, 05:43:13 AM »
The best way I've found for charisma is the Great Kisser reward.  It gives a huge boost to charisma every time your sim kisses their mate.  I earn enough reward points for it by completing the Soul Mates aspiration.  Soul Mates takes me about 1 - 1.5 sim days if I start with married sims.  In my test run I maxed charisma by late on the first monday.

However, I hate the comedy skill and avoid it whenever possible.  Mischief should be doable though, the interactions for that don't seem to cause any major problems.

I'm sharing out the skills between the 2 founders, still in my test file trying to get the balance right.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2018, 05:46:03 AM »
My founder's wife "might" make it through, but she is very old and counting down the days with an unmarried, (so far), daughter.  I'm not entirely giving up on it.  I'm trying laugh till it hurts and then go out with the daughter and do the observe the stars/clouds thing. So slow!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2018, 05:47:06 AM »
My founder's wife "might" make it through, but she is very old and counting down the days with an unmarried, (so far), daughter.  I'm not entirely giving up on it.  I'm trying laugh till it hurts and then go out with the daughter and do the observe the stars/clouds thing. So slow!

Ah right, it can be tricky! I just didn't want you to give up and start over if you didn't have to :)
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »
Thanks for the tip with the 'great kisser' reward trait.  I never knew that before now!  I'm not sure if it's just me, but Charisma seems a lot harder to skill up than it used too.  I remember a year or so ago that it wasn't too hard to complete the charisma skill.  I'm not sure if EA have changed and/or made some skills harder in the patch updates?

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2018, 10:57:26 PM »
@Felicat, Sorry to hear about your glitches. The CC-clothing might be causing both problems.

Depending on how far along you are, you might want to try a factory reset. Mrs. Flynn has directions here: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.0.

A quick way is to give your The Sims 4 file an extension -- The Sims 4.old -- using the "rename" function. When you start up your game, you'll get a completely new The Sims 4.
If it's my clothing files, oh man.  So many things I don't want to lose there.  It just feels like we don't have as much clothing and such in the game as we did in previous iterations, and almost no Goth lolita items.  I was considering a redo anyway, given what I've learned from my test file so far.

Testing now.  Temporarily turned off aging for the test, since I'm going to restart anyway.  Hopefully this fixes the relationship bug.

As for skills-I had one founder max parenting and comedy, and the other did fitness and fishing.  I saved charisma for a child, as it takes so long and we can boost adult skills with childhood achievements.
Back in a minute-just need to refill my cup.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2018, 03:21:59 AM »
Whoo hoo I did it!!  Ok, not the same file where my founder dies but in it's sister, "save as" file which brought me to an earlier time.  Thank you for telling me about kissing!!  She kissed her way to charisma and would not have made it without it.  Odom, (husband/hero), maxed out fishing and is alive to go to new home and swam his heart out to max fitness.  So two of my Sims did it all with Aifa maxing singing, parenting and charisma.  Now they are looking forward to a new home with their still teenage, about to age up, daughter! 

If Odom lives to make the move can his completing his aspiration which was fishing, count toward the one you have to complete for Low Tech?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2018, 08:10:26 AM »
Woot! Glad you got through No Tech. Yes, your Sim can complete the Angling Ace aspiration. Incidentally, in one of the patches, they fixed it so that any 20 different fish will complete the final requirement, rather than just ones from the base games. Also if either of your Sims was high on the cooking skill, completing that will take care of one of your skills.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rune

• Nooboo
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2019, 05:01:54 PM »
I'm super excited and have started this dynasty (after two false starts - once because I didn't read the rules properly and again because a fire broke out and killed one of my founders before they had a kid), but I have a question: are items not specified in the 'Build/Buy mode items allowed' sections considered not allowed or allowed? In particular, I'm asking about kid and toddler toys. Can I add them in the No Tech era or do I have to wait? If I have to wait, how long? They are never mentioned, so do I have to wait until the High Tech era until I can give my kiddos toys?

Srry if this post is overly long for the question, but I wanted to make sure I didn't have to start over again. Again.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2019, 09:43:20 AM »
Hi @Rune, welcome to the forum.

I'm not a member of the challenge team and I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong, but my take on what I have read in this thread is that if it's not forbidden and it fits with your 'theme' for the challenge the you can use it.  For example, if you are using a post apocalypse senario then you could maybe have your sims find a toy in the ruins even in No Tech, or if you are working with a paleolithic take, you may want to hold off til Low Tech when handiness/woodworking is available have them 'make' a toy.

Good luck with your challenge,
Helen

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2019, 04:05:57 PM »
Even paleolithic man carved out items that have been found of people and crude animals.  And......there is always the clay ball.  (DANGER: clay balls are all consuming addictions to adults even Grim.)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2019, 06:57:52 PM »
I'm super excited and have started this dynasty (after two false starts - once because I didn't read the rules properly and again because a fire broke out and killed one of my founders before they had a kid), but I have a question: are items not specified in the 'Build/Buy mode items allowed' sections considered not allowed or allowed? In particular, I'm asking about kid and toddler toys. Can I add them in the No Tech era or do I have to wait? If I have to wait, how long? They are never mentioned, so do I have to wait until the High Tech era until I can give my kiddos toys?

Srry if this post is overly long for the question, but I wanted to make sure I didn't have to start over again. Again.

Welcome to the forum, @Rune! Once you get past the No Tech era, the general rule is no electricity until More Tech and no computers until High Tech. So I'd say children can have some toys but not others -- the helicopter, for example, would certainly not be allowed right away. But as @HelenP says, many things are up to your discretion. If cars and helicopters fit your post-apocalyptic vision, then sure, use them. I would suggest staying away from the toddler slablet until the High Tech era, though.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2019, 11:11:08 PM »
Oh no!  The park has been taken over by ghosts!  Everything is constantly broken or dirty and I just don't know how to get rid of them.  Ok, I turned it into a semi-graveyard, but all the graves have had the spirits sent on to the netherworld and the ghosts ruining everything are not the ones buried here!  It seems like this is the first place a sim chooses to die in.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2019, 04:03:40 AM »
Sorry for second posting.  I'm trying to keep the game as close to the era as possible.  Right now it is MidTech, Medieval/Renaissance.  Because of trying to keep it "real", I'm finding a lot of things in Windenburg are "anachronistic" and include things not yet allowed like cafes, lounges etc.  Is it ok to remove/remodel and possibly replace with homes or time relevant retail stores, gyms, (I found a blacksmith's shop that does what a work table does and sword fighting dummies that are punching bags), and should we remove the electrical stuff from the existing homes/buildings like stoves, lights, and so on?  Should we, can we, replace the removed builds from Granite Falls with era appropriate ones?  Sorry for all the questions.  I'm just finding this game infinitly fun and challenging from both a builders perspective and game perspective.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2019, 08:28:41 AM »
Sorry for second posting.  I'm trying to keep the game as close to the era as possible.  Right now it is MidTech, Medieval/Renaissance.  Because of trying to keep it "real", I'm finding a lot of things in Windenburg are "anachronistic" and include things not yet allowed like cafes, lounges etc.  Is it ok to remove/remodel and possibly replace with homes or time relevant retail stores, gyms, (I found a blacksmith's shop that does what a work table does and sword fighting dummies that are punching bags), and should we remove the electrical stuff from the existing homes/buildings like stoves, lights, and so on?  Should we, can we, replace the removed builds from Granite Falls with era appropriate ones?  Sorry for all the questions.  I'm just finding this game infinitly fun and challenging from both a builders perspective and game perspective.

Yes, you can do all that if you want to. You don't have to, though, especially if your Sims won't be going into the building.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2019, 01:08:35 PM »
Thank you so much, MarianT!  For me it really adds another dimension to the game.  Since we are allowed to download others builds I have to say there are terrific builders out there who have done amazing things.  A featured builder, sarahamima, (I think that is how it is spelled), has even done things like a "block" of buildings called Old Town Windenburg which is a variety of retail shops and fits so perfectly there! 
   My last question for the day, (lol), is can we put our retail build, and therefor travel to another "world" like Magnolia, (can't remember the last name), that is full of retail places, or do we stick to Windenburg and wherever our "home world" is?

----------
My No Buy Story