Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 76491 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2019, 04:46:40 PM »
Thank you so much, MarianT!  For me it really adds another dimension to the game.  Since we are allowed to download others builds I have to say there are terrific builders out there who have done amazing things.  A featured builder, sarahamima, (I think that is how it is spelled), has even done things like a "block" of buildings called Old Town Windenburg which is a variety of retail shops and fits so perfectly there! 
   My last question for the day, (lol), is can we put our retail build, and therefor travel to another "world" like Magnolia, (can't remember the last name), that is full of retail places, or do we stick to Windenburg and wherever our "home world" is?

We decided to allow Gallery lots because we knew that people would want to do all kinds of styles.

Sorry, but Magnolia Promenade doesn't open up until the More Tech era. But it sounds like you'll get there pretty quickly.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2019, 06:46:40 PM »
No worries.  There's a lovely lot in my "home world" waiting for my bakery.  Lol.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2019, 09:50:37 AM »
It has begun. I'm not going to commit to a story, but I'll post a brief update at the end of each era, with scores. I'm still in No Tech (just started last night) and it's fun so far.

Question: May Sims travel to Sylvan Glade if they live in that neighborhood? May they travel to Forgotten Grotto if they live in Oasis Springs once a park is added?

Question 2: How do I remove pop-up holidays from the calendar? I have just been ignoring those not allowed, but I assume they can be removed.

Question 3: For Popularity and Romance aspirations, are those limited to the actual Sim searching for a mate or are they open to the whole family while the search for a mate is on? Also, can only one child in the family search for a mate? Does "searching for a mate" have to lead to marriage or can they have babies by Sims not living on the lot?

Question 4: Can the spouses of heirs complete career and aspiration goals?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2019, 02:23:41 PM »
It has begun. I'm not going to commit to a story, but I'll post a brief update at the end of each era, with scores. I'm still in No Tech (just started last night) and it's fun so far.

Question: May Sims travel to Sylvan Glade if they live in that neighborhood? May they travel to Forgotten Grotto if they live in Oasis Springs once a park is added?

Yes to both.

Question 2: How do I remove pop-up holidays from the calendar? I have just been ignoring those not allowed, but I assume they can be removed.
Unfortunately, you have to wait until they show up. Then you'll see the instructions in the upper left corner, and you can x out there. Your Sims may get a sad moodlet because they didn't celebrate the holiday, but it doesn't last long.

Question 3: For Popularity and Romance aspirations, are those limited to the actual Sim searching for a mate or are they open to the whole family while the search for a mate is on? Also, can only one child in the family search for a mate? Does "searching for a mate" have to lead to marriage or can they have babies by Sims not living on the lot?
The aspirations are open to everyone. More than one child can have a mate, and babies can be born to Sims not living on the lot.

Question 4: Can the spouses of heirs complete career and aspiration goals?
Everyone in the household is eligible to complete skill, career, and aspiration goals. Just make sure you give them credit for it.

[/quote]

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »
Thanks! I think this is my favorite Dynasty so far. It lines up perfectly with how I usually play my casual game.

Offline Ysharros

• Nooboo
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2019, 03:08:25 AM »
Long time listener, first time poster. This challenge seems like a ton of fun, but I have one question:

When it says seasons need to be 4 weeks long, is that *each* season, or a full cycle (i.e. 1 week for each individual season). 4 weeks each seems long to me for short lifespans, so I figured I would check.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2019, 07:50:08 AM »
Long time listener, first time poster. This challenge seems like a ton of fun, but I have one question:

When it says seasons need to be 4 weeks long, is that *each* season, or a full cycle (i.e. 1 week for each individual season). 4 weeks each seems long to me for short lifespans, so I figured I would check.

Welcome to the forum! That's each season. You'll be playing on long later, and we didn't want to have holidays get messed up. Also, if you start in spring, your Sims probably won't have to suffer through winter until they have houses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ysharros

• Nooboo
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2019, 10:19:34 AM »
Also, if you start in spring, your Sims probably won't have to suffer through winter until they have houses.

Ha! Good point! I was on the cusp of starting this when I stumbled across the Immortal Dynasty Challenge (how have I not seen that before?!) and got... a little sidetracked. :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2019, 12:46:59 AM »
Does anyone have a clue as to how to prevent/cure these constant sad moodlets besides moodlet manager?  They are driving me nuts and slowing everything down. 

It doesn't help I picked the absolute wrong trait for my toddler.  Don't believe it when it says this toddler needs less attention and learns better on their own!  She is constantly angry, throwing fits, won't follow direction and if my own kids were like this I would only have had one!  She's adorable but.....a nightmare.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2019, 10:05:07 AM »
Unfortunately, they are going to be sad as long as they are stinky. You can try having the toddler eat some produce from inventory to get a happy moodlet.

Are your adults sad, as well?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2019, 12:54:09 PM »
Some tips on kids and responsibility:

Have kids pack meals into sack lunches.
Have them throw away plates and take out the trash,
Pause the game and queue up "Encourage recent behavior" on one of the parents after the child takes out the trash or packs a sack lunch. Queue it up as many times as you can.

Once you can travel to Granite falls, if you go there on school days (before it's time for school), the child or teen will automatically be docked a vacation day and their responsibility won't take a hit for missing school.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2019, 07:19:38 AM »
My toddler wasn't sad, just perpetually angry.  Same with her now as a child where her behaviour at school is awful, hurting other kids etc.
I'm trying the Teach Her to Say Sorry as well as please and thank you but she  is just one ticked off little girl.  Must be the red hair.  Lol.

The sadness is with the adults.  Every time you turn around someone is dying and so they are constantly sad.  She completed the Friend of The World for the Low Tech era and now they are all dying off.  Just can't keep her focused on tasks when she wants to go to bed and cry it out all the time.  This is rather like herding cats.  They all have a very determined mind of their own so have to be on top of them all the time.  So far ok, have completed three skills and one Achievement and am close on the others.  Meanwhile have to keep that sweet/brat/child, (she IS sweet, but also a brat), moving forward so she can be a good heir.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2019, 07:53:52 AM »
What does "Go into full parent mode" mean and how does one do that?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »
When the parent has level 10 parenting skill, have the child do something they can be encouraged for. Example: Have the other parent teach to say sorry. Pause your game, click on the child and queue up as many "Encourage recent behavior" commands (under the Parenting menu) as you can.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
Does anyone have a clue as to how to prevent/cure these constant sad moodlets besides moodlet manager?  They are driving me nuts and slowing everything down. 

Last night, I noticed by accident that teaching/learning to say sorry seems to reduce Sad moodlets.