Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 75267 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »
One quick question. Do the aesthetics matter or can we dress in any style as long as the outfit restrictions for number of outfits, etc. are met? If we do an apocalyptic scenario, can we skip the prehistoric decor as long as we follow the rules for shelter and furnishings?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2018, 08:37:07 PM »
One quick question. Do the aesthetics matter or can we dress in any style as long as the outfit restrictions for number of outfits, etc. are met? If we do an apocalyptic scenario, can we skip the prehistoric decor as long as we follow the rules for shelter and furnishings?

Yes. You can determine what your eras look like.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2018, 01:02:21 PM »
I must be missing something obvious, but for the Low Tech era (I just reached it) I can't work out how we can complete the 'listen to music for 2 hours' part of the Musical Genius aspiration without a stereo.

I loaded another game to experiment and the only Listen option I could find for the guitar or violin was a Listen and Learn that came up with one combination of sims. Unfortunately they both had the aspiration completed so I don't know if that would work! And I have no clue where it comes from, it's not an option for any other sims in the house.

Have I just been too lazy to find other options for this in the past? Someone give me a hint, please!
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »
I must be missing something obvious, but for the Low Tech era (I just reached it) I can't work out how we can complete the 'listen to music for 2 hours' part of the Musical Genius aspiration without a stereo.

I loaded another game to experiment and the only Listen option I could find for the guitar or violin was a Listen and Learn that came up with one combination of sims. Unfortunately they both had the aspiration completed so I don't know if that would work! And I have no clue where it comes from, it's not an option for any other sims in the house.

Have I just been too lazy to find other options for this in the past? Someone give me a hint, please!

I think that if one Sim listens to another play the guitar or violin, that might complete the option. If it doesn't, then yes, you can put in a radio for long enough to get the 2 hours for that Sim.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2018, 09:07:23 AM »

I think that if one Sim listens to another play the guitar or violin, that might complete the option. If it doesn't, then yes, you can put in a radio for long enough to get the 2 hours for that Sim.

I haven't been able to find a Listen option that works, I only get a 'Watch' option which doesn't complete it. If I find a way I will mention it here, but glad to have a back up plan, thank you!

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2018, 02:20:34 PM »
This reminds me of the History challenge by Cloudseeker on the official forums. Can't wait to see how many stories will show up here! Might take it for a spin myself once I get Get Famous. ;)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2018, 03:35:45 PM »

I haven't been able to find a Listen option that works, I only get a 'Watch' option which doesn't complete it. If I find a way I will mention it here, but glad to have a back up plan, thank you!

You might also send your Sim to the park if you're playing in Oasis Springs. There's a radio in the building there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2018, 04:16:41 PM »

You might also send your Sim to the park if you're playing in Oasis Springs. There's a radio in the building there.

I thought one of the parks might, but I'd have asked before trying it, of course. I'm playing in Willow Creek for this as I know it best.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2018, 04:26:31 PM »

I thought one of the parks might, but I'd have asked before trying it, of course. I'm playing in Willow Creek for this as I know it best.

It looks like we'll have to shift the Musical Genius aspiration to the More Tech era then. Thanks for pointing that out!

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2018, 07:23:11 PM »
It looks like we'll have to shift the Musical Genius aspiration to the More Tech era then. Thanks for pointing that out!

I'm glad I haven't picked it yet then!

I have a question about the aspirations for the Mid Tech era too. I'm one skill level away from it at the moment so I took a look, and Renaissance Sim is listed for it although they aren't allowed careers. There are businesses but I didn't think they had career levels built in?

Cal

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
You're right. I moved Renaissance Sim to More Tech, and also Chief of Mischief (which requires a computer) to High Tech. But we somehow forgot Painter Extraordinaire and Fabulously Wealthy, so those are now in Mid Tech.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2018, 08:30:31 PM »
You're right. I moved Renaissance Sim to More Tech, and also Chief of Mischief (which requires a computer) to High Tech. But we somehow forgot Painter Extraordinaire and Fabulously Wealthy, so those are now in Mid Tech.

Oh, that's great. I was worried for a minute about not having much choice in aspirations but those will work really well for my sims. Thank you!

Cal

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2018, 09:28:49 PM »

Does that mean museums are now available in Mid Tech instead of More Tech as well? (For View Art at a Museum, and I don't think anywhere in Winderburg counts as a Museum.)

Cal

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2018, 12:47:18 PM »
Btw all the changes that are made in december until the 11th december will first be reflected in the spreadsheet at the 11 th december as i am not home to make the changes.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2018, 02:13:47 PM »

Does that mean museums are now available in Mid Tech instead of More Tech as well? (For View Art at a Museum, and I don't think anywhere in Winderburg counts as a Museum.)

Cal

Yes you can add a museum in the Mid Tech era.

anything