Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 76300 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2018, 02:15:36 PM »
Btw all the changes that are made in december until the 11th december will first be reflected in the spreadsheet at the 11 th december as i am not home to make the changes.

Lena, I don't think any changes in the spreadsheet will be necessary. We still have the same number of aspirations required. The changes have been to when individual aspirations can be completed. But thanks for checking!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2018, 08:53:37 PM »
Love this Challenge!!  Just one question, can we move out family members once they reach adulthood or do they all have to stay in the house till they die? 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2018, 10:49:35 PM »
Btw all the changes that are made in december until the 11th december will first be reflected in the spreadsheet at the 11 th december as i am not home to make the changes.

Lena, I don't think any changes in the spreadsheet will be necessary. We still have the same number of aspirations required. The changes have been to when individual aspirations can be completed. But thanks for checking!

In the spreadsheet only aspirations, skills etc. that can be done in a era will show up in the drop down box.
So need to switch it around. :)

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2018, 12:47:50 AM »
It's funny-I was just thinking of doing this challenge myself.  I'm missing JA and GT though, so I can't start it yet.  Need at least one of those.  So...how do we keep kids and teens out of school without mods?  Can I use MCCommand center to accomplish this?  I use it in my normal save files anyway.  We can also use it to control population more strictly than EA's rules.
Back in a minute-just need to refill my cup.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2018, 07:04:25 AM »
It's funny-I was just thinking of doing this challenge myself.  I'm missing JA and GT though, so I can't start it yet.  Need at least one of those.  So...how do we keep kids and teens out of school without mods?  Can I use MCCommand center to accomplish this?  I use it in my normal save files anyway.  We can also use it to control population more strictly than EA's rules.

If you do not care about getting into the Dynasty Hall of Fame, then, by all means, do whatever you want, including the use of mods. However, for any player wishing to complete the challenge and make it into the Dynasty HOF, then a level playing field becomes important. Mods alter core game mechanics, so for HOF attempts, no mods are allowed. At 8 AM you'd need to manually cancel the go to school action queue for kids that drops down in the far left white box. It's kind of a pain to do this, but it's really the only way.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2018, 07:42:59 AM »

Mine have been too sick (without the computer to buy medicine) or tired to even try going to school most days. Cruel, but they have to work hard like the rest of the family!

It's really interesting playing without a lot of the things you normally rely on, I definitely recommend giving this one a try.

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2018, 07:51:31 AM »
Hmm, I see...but don't they get taken away by social workers when their grades get low enough?  I've never had sim kids with grades low enough to find out!  I'll have to grab that daily save mod, then, just in case I have an issue.

Oh, I mainly make heavier use of MCCC in saves where I do my seasonal play-I set special age lengths, and pregnancy, too, and age up all sims once a year on a specific day.  It's my my preferred play style for most games.  Playing without it won't be an issue for challenges.  :)  I've just played that way since Sims 3, and with Seasons finally out, I can play Sims 4 that way, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2018, 08:51:50 AM »
Hmm, I see...but don't they get taken away by social workers when their grades get low enough?  I've never had sim kids with grades low enough to find out!  I'll have to grab that daily save mod, then, just in case I have an issue.

Oh, I mainly make heavier use of MCCC in saves where I do my seasonal play-I set special age lengths, and pregnancy, too, and age up all sims once a year on a specific day.  It's my my preferred play style for most games.  Playing without it won't be an issue for challenges.  :)  I've just played that way since Sims 3, and with Seasons finally out, I can play Sims 4 that way, too.

You'll be playing with short life span during the two eras when children can't go to school. They should age up to teen before the social worker comes for them.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2018, 08:54:52 AM »

In the spreadsheet only aspirations, skills etc. that can be done in a era will show up in the drop down box.
So need to switch it around. :)

Oh, I see. Hopefully, we won't have to switch any more aspirations.

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2018, 08:59:10 AM »
Ok then!  Guess I'll go and work out an alien couple for a post-apocalyptic, stranded on Earth scenario.  I won't finalize them till I start the challenge, just save their appearances in my gallery.  Since I need a couple of expacs first, their traits will be subject to change.  Also need to track down those mods-the ones mentioned in the Immortal Dynasty thread for the CAS aging bug and the daily save mod.  Are those permitted in general for challenges?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2018, 09:15:26 AM »
Love this Challenge!!  Just one question, can we move out family members once they reach adulthood or do they all have to stay in the house till they die? 

You can move them out, but once they've been moved out, you can't move them back in again.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 09:42:32 AM »
Thanks for that Marian.  Can we buy the scarecrow in the low tech era and ask for seeds? I was figuring we could as you can do the gardening skill.  Just need clarification.  I was thinking of doing the harvester as the one holiday as this is an age old tradition.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2018, 10:02:38 AM »
Thanks for that Marian.  Can we buy the scarecrow in the low tech era and ask for seeds? I was figuring we could as you can do the gardening skill.  Just need clarification.  I was thinking of doing the harvester as the one holiday as this is an age old tradition.

Yes.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2018, 05:46:21 PM »
A quick question on the More Tech era - Good Vampire and Master Vampire both have the 'Search for information about vampires on a computer' requirement. Do we use the 'typewriters' at the Library for that?

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2018, 06:39:17 PM »
A quick question on the More Tech era - Good Vampire and Master Vampire both have the 'Search for information about vampires on a computer' requirement. Do we use the 'typewriters' at the Library for that?

Cal
Yes