Author Topic: The Kindle Random Town Jump  (Read 41097 times)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: The Kindle Random Town Jump
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2019, 08:43:11 PM »
Chapter 36 – Four-Leaf

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Francine’s pregnancy consists of a lot of painting. Ash happily paints beside his daughter-in-law. He’s almost a hundred days old now and still as active and busy as ever.

Francine’s Athletic trait also makes an appearance, for the first time in a while.

“Must…work off…baby…weight…”

Honey, the extra weight is FINE and HEALTHY, and also you DON’T HAVE ANY ANYWAY, but okay. Suit yourself.

Caspian and Francine are finally back to a healthy and close relationship. For an Evil sim, Caspian is surprisingly affectionate and attentive to his wife. He seems totally fine with the idea of being a father, and adding yet another baby to this child-filled, pee-puddled house.

Speaking of this child-filled house…the nursery is getting more hectic by the day. Here we have Exhibit A: a quiet child, as well as Exhibit B: a noisy child.

When he’s been fed and cuddled, though, Skyler is a good boy. He gets potty training from his grandpa, like so many Kindles before him.

He even learns to talk from Grandpa Ash. (Ash still gets excited over every new word his grandchildren learn. *sniffle* Such a family-oriented man!)

Francine goes into labor right on schedule.

Caspian finds her out in the backyard shrieking in pain. Obviously, he starts shrieking in pain with her.

“Agghh! Francine! What are you doing?! Why is this happening?! I’m going to go back inside!”

And that’s exactly what he does.

I’m pretty sure multiple families come outside at various points and flail around for a few moments before going back inside to mind their own business. Whatever, Francine can handle herself.

At last…it’s a girl! Clover Kindle spins into existence just as the light is fading over Lucky Palms.

Gladys: “Oh hey, sis. A girl, eh? Nice.”

Of course, all new mothers need a little practice before they get the hang of things. Francine is included in this. I’m fine with sims leaving babies in weird spots occasionally, but why does it always seem to be NEAR THE POOL?

Shortly after Clover is born, Canyon ages up to child.

He’s looking more and more like his dad! Canyon becomes a Mooch. Yay, a completely useless trait! He also looks weirdly okay in this ponytail hairstyle. We’ll see how long I can stand it.

Skyler is happy to be the only toddler in the house for a little while. He gets his toy boat all to himself.

He’s also enjoying his youthful ability to walk around the house in his underwear without consequences. One day, this will no longer be acceptable in the eyes of anyone except his father.

Canyon finally gets to meet the one girl in town his age, Leah Lancaster. They have a nice long game of tag while their moms chat indoors, and by the end of the day, they’re almost friends!

Nile finally maxes out the writing skill. At least, I think that’s what this screenshot was supposed to demonstrate. As usual, he’s in his speedo and impenetrable sunglasses for the big moment.

Look, more townies! Aya Tanner and her son Rickie come over to visit and end up sneaking into the backyard to watch Caspian practice chess moves.

Ash eventually wanders over and finds himself swooning under the wily words of a very Flirty Aya. Poor Rickie stands in the background groaning in embarrassment. But at least Ash is feeling confident enough to toy with romance again? Yay?

Later that evening, it’s time for the twins to become full-on Adults. Nile goes first, cheered on by his father.

He ages up into this surprisingly chique hairstyle (seriously, I never think any sims look good in this haircut…except Nile) and plunges into one of the worst midlife crises I’ve ever seen. He does nothing but poke his belly and give me anguished looks. Hey, it’s okay, Nile! Don’t look at me like that :(

“Uh, Nile…are you okay?”

“Oh, yes. I am just thinking about the ineluctable degradation of human life after the age of 40.”

“…Mmmkay.”

Caspian ages up a few hours later, after coming home from the criminal warehouse. He gets a midlife crisis too, though he’s a little less panicky about it overall.

Time is passing swiftly in the Kindle household. Before long, all our little kiddos will be growing up! Next time, we’ll see what the first Kindle girl in two generations looks like. See ya then!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2019, 04:41:03 PM »

The option I'm talking about is under Pregnancy options and it's "Newborn Gender". It's set to "Balanced" by default but somehow it always means "just boys lol". Random makes it random and able to be influenced by fruit again.

This is odd b/c in my game, I have it set on "balanced" and I always get a balance of genders. For me, it's always girl, boy, girl... and so on. Maybe it's one of those things like snow days and school. I never, ever get snow days, but there are people whose sim children rarely go to school in the winter b/c of snow days. : /

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2019, 10:15:31 AM »
You can't even trust adult sims near pools (or in the snow) but babies just get left wherever. I'm appalled whenever visiting the neighbors even more and where their babies are, 0/10 childcare from everyone. :P

Leah can keep the cute gingers in the family but I'm also excited to see which Story Progression babies we might meet later.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2019, 02:11:52 PM »
You can't even trust adult sims near pools (or in the snow) but babies just get left wherever. I'm appalled whenever visiting the neighbors even more and where their babies are, 0/10 childcare from everyone. :P

I hear you there! The mother to be will go all the way outside, to the farthest end of the lot in the winter to give birth and put the baby down in the snow!!! UGH

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2019, 06:40:29 PM »
Chapter 37 – Home Education

Life is humming along merrily in the Kindle house in Lucky Palms. When she’s not at the business office, Gladys visits the few spots there are in this town to fish. She’s getting pretty good at the skill, despite the limited water supply.

She’s out at the fishing hole when she celebrates her adult birthday. The fish all cheer her on silently from beneath the surface.

Skyler is making good progress in his toddler skills, under his daddy’s supervision.

“Finishing up there, Skyler?”

“Yes, Daddy, almost done.”

“Skyler? What are you doing?”

“…It smells yucky in here.”

Aside from his strange ability to become one with the potty, Skyler is a normal (and adorable) toddler. He adores his father just as much as his father adores him.

Yes, Nile is an excellent dad. He loves teaching his sons new things.

Canyon: “What are you working on, Dad?”

Nile: “It’s a romance book, entitled My Sexy Mermaid. It was inspired by your mother, in fact.”

Canyon: “…I regret asking.”

As for the new baby in the family, she’s about to become a toddler! Francine is very excited.

Clearly this birthday is VERY important to Francine.

Francine: “Will you kindly shut UP? It's my daughter's birthday! I have to go!”

Clover ages up into a beautiful little girl. She is Clumsy and Easily Impressed, by the way, and she likes Indie music, French Toast, and the color lime.

…And the first autonomous thing she does as a toddler is pick her nose. This girl has a personality already.

Gladys is struggling with a midlife crisis. That on top of a stressful job and a that’s-so-2008 work outfit makes for a rather unhappy Gladys who is desperately in need of some TLC.

She pops a wish to get a makeover. Perfect! Off she goes to the salon, where she scrutinizes her curves with the help of an NPC stylist.

The stylist puts her in this outfit, which might actually be worse than her work uniform. I mean…yikes. (Also, there’s a snow-leopard-print guitar floating through the floor all by itself, so that’s fun.)

In the end, Gladys decides to go back to her original style, hair and all. She looks mad hot and she knows it. Good for you, Gladys.

Back home, Canyon is trying to learn how to bake and not doing a very good job of it. I’ve never had a kid burn so many brownies before. :P

He takes out his frustration on the world by donning his favorite costume—a roaring red dinosaur.

Francine has her adult birthday, and is the only one of the Fearsome Foursome to not land in a midlife crisis.

Clover works hard to be a very cute toddler.

She has the cutest lil’ cheeks, doesn’t she? I suppose she gets them from Francine's side of the family (they're certainly not from the Sargeants), but even Francine doesn't seem to have quite that much roundness.

Nile is devouring lots of books in his spare time. Sometimes he does so in the companionship of his twin brother.

“Uh…Nile? Can you not sit right there while I’m doing exercises? I feel like you’re staring at my butt.”

“I am not staring at your butt. I have no reason to stare at your butt.”

“Um, except for the fact that it’s pure muscle. Besides, you’re wearing sunglasses. You could be lying.”

“I’m just reading this book about unicorns, and you are a narcissist.”

Canyon: “I just need to be wearing ear plugs 100% of the time…”

Caspian tries to bond with his family members in weird ways. I don’t see him and Ash interacting much…until Caspian ropes his father into giving the treadmill a try.

Caspian: “Harder! Run HARDER! Push through those quadriceps! Feel the strain in those hamstrings!”

Ash: “What does this button do? Ooh, that’s faster, wow! How about THIS button? Okay, that’s slower. Maybe I should try THIS button. Whoa, is this thing vibrating? I feel all tingly! Haha, this is fun!”

Ash has become a rather silly old man. His favorite thing to do is pinch Canyon’s cheeks. At least he looks cute doing it.

Oh, and his other favorite thing to do? Kiss Corrie, of course. :-*

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2019, 07:15:06 PM »
Chapter 38 – Ashes to Ashes

Corrie makes fairly frequent appearances as a ghost. She likes to check in on her husband, sons, and grandchildren.

“Hello there, Nile.”

“‘Sup, Mom?”

Caspian is making great headway through the criminal career. He gets to wear this snazzy, not-at-all-conspicuous burglar outfit now. I think he loves it, even though he would never admit it.

Or maybe he would.

“You could be a part of my empire one day, nephew. You with your obsession with black and white clothing, your penchance for violence—“

“I’m not OBSESSED with black and white, Uncle Caspian, and I only PRETEND to stomp around and devour people!”

Poor Caspian. He’s just trying to get close to his family members! Really!

“Hello, little one. Have you got something for me?”

“Yeah! A hug!”

But it’s not a hug. It’s a lollipop. Which Skyler has mysteriously, and unknowingly, stashed away in his diaper.

The moment of confusion...

“…?”

“…!”

Caspian! You're unbelievable! Stop looking like you’re enjoying yourself so much!

Francine: “Why is Skyler crying all of a sudden? Honey, what did you do?”

Caspian: “Nothing. Nothing at all.”

Yeah, Caspian really shouldn’t be supervising the little ones at all. Let’s leave that to Ash. (Is he losing his touch when teaching toddlers to talk, or is Clover just having an attitude?)

For a short while, Clover and Skyler are toddlers together and have lots of fun playing at the blocks table.

And I mean a REALLY short while. I guess it’s Skyler’s birthday now! Hooray!

Skyler takes after his father and becomes a Couch Potato. In spite of this, he goes for a bit of a sporty look, keeping to his favorite color scheme, of course.

We seem to have a lot of Couch Potato wannabes in this house, with one glaring exception.

Nile: “Caspian, move! I’m trying to see the TV!”

Caspian: “But my workout is on the TV.”

Nile: “Yes, and I can’t see it! MOVE!”

Nile’s insanity seems to be coming out more and more strongly as time goes on. I certainly don’t mind. His wild faces entertain me. :)

“Now WATCH, everyone, as I insert this Moodlet Manager INTO MY ABDOMEN!”

There’s a lot of weirdness going on in this household, what with Evil and Insane twin brothers running the show. Fortunately, there are moments of purity, such as this lovely one shared between Caspian and Clover. (I notice that Caspian willingly steals candy from his nephew, but not from his own daughter. At least, not yet.)

And, said Evil and Insane brothers ARE making an effort to get along, most of the time.

Caspian: “Hey. Why are you sitting at the chess table, and I’m the one over here near the secret book shed?”

Nile: “I dunno. Pretty sure this wasn’t an autonomous action.”

Caspian: “Ah.”

With some effort from both parties, these two get along pretty well. I'm not sure I want to know what the jokes they tell each other are like. They're probably both horrifying and incomprehensible.

Grandpa Ash has taught so many of his descendents to walk, talk, and potty. As it happens, Clover is the last one to learn from him.

In the midst of watching his granddaughter take her first steps, Ash takes his last.

“Grampa? Are you gonna teach me to FLOAT next?”

Ash Kindle lived to be 104 days old, and spent every one of those days caring for his family. (And playing his guitar. Incessantly. And painting. But only when forced.) Dramatic, enthusiastic, and delightful, Ash has been a joy to play, but he is more than ready to bid this world farewell and be reunited with his beloved Corrie.

He performs one last stunt for the family before disappearing forever.

RIP, Ash.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2019, 09:31:00 PM »
I love it when spouses greet Grim with a handshake. You know they're looking forward to being reunited with their soulmate. :) Have fun for all eternity Ash and Corrie!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2019, 11:28:22 PM »
Ashes to ashes, butts to butts~ (or is that just Niles when it's swimwear time?) Anyways BIG SALUTE ASH. You helped turn a good family of Blaise and Justin into a great one.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2019, 07:51:12 PM »
I love it when spouses greet Grim with a handshake. You know they're looking forward to being reunited with their soulmate. :) Have fun for all eternity Ash and Corrie!

Me too! I can't stand it when they beg for more time. It always breaks my heart a little bit.

Ashes to ashes, butts to butts~ (or is that just Niles when it's swimwear time?) Anyways BIG SALUTE ASH. You helped turn a good family of Blaise and Justin into a great one.

Ash would thank you for your kind tribute to him and his family. :) (And Nile would thank you, too. He's very proud of his swimwear.)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »
Chapter 39 – Two Parties, Two Princes

Canyon and Skyler are finally kids together, at least for a day. They spend most of their time watching TV together. It’s a Kindle thing. For this generation, at least.

Even with three kids running around the house already, Gladys and Nile apparently haven’t had enough yet. They decide to start working on a sibling for Canyon and Skyler.

On his last day as a child, Canyon throws himself a slumber party so he and Skyler can get to know some of the kids their age around Lucky Palms. Here’s Leah Lancaster, the only girl Canyon’s age.

This is cousin Leonard. He’s growing up to be a very good-looking kiddo!

Here’s another spouse option (she's closer to Skyler's age)—Lacie Diwan. From what I hear, the Diwans produce drop-dead gorgeous children 100% of the time, so I’m definitely keeping an eye on Lacie.

And this here is Bryan Shaw, who considers himself a member of the family enough to ask his new friends’ dad to read him a bedtime story. Nile selects a logic skill book, either because (a) he wants to demonstrate that Bryan’s request for a bedtime story is not logical, or because (b) he doesn’t know what logic is.

When the kids hit the hay, Francine emerges from the swimming pool out back and decides to start making some party drinks. At 11 p.m. For a kids’ sleepover. All right, Francine. Determined to be the fun mom, are we?

In the morning, everyone heads out together, taking their sleeping bags with them. (I know everyone looks miserable, but I swear they all said it was a great party...)

And now, it’s time for a brief intermission between the two parties in this chapter. Here’s Clover being cute and playing with her toy tank.

Okay, time for party number two! Canyon is about to become a teenager, and he invites half the town over to celebrate. Rhone and Karie are some of the first guests to arrive. The kids have hardly seen their uncle since, well, ever (that's my bad), and Rhone doesn’t waste any time in showing off his goofy sense of humor for his nephews.

Look who’s aged up to teen since yesterday! Leah has adopted an old lady hairstyle, middle-aged-lady clothes, and newborn infant eyebrows. She’s looking...uh...fabulous. ??? (I don’t remember who she’s dancing with. Some other townie boy.)

And where, you may be wondering, is the birthday boy? Why, he’s dressing himself up as a prince, of course.

What’s the occasion? No, not his birthday. Just as he puts the finishing touches on his prince outfit, the doorbell rings. Canyon rushes to greet Bryan Shaw. You know, the boy who asked Nile for a bedtime story?

And look. He’s dressed as a prince, too. I mean. How perfect is that?

Unfortunately, Bryan has to leave pretty much as soon as he arrives, for unexplained reasons. He doesn’t get to watch Canyon age up. Luckily, Leah Lancaster is here to declare her disapproval of this event for all to see.

Leah: “Down with hamburger cakes! They will never be cool! BOOOO!" #sims4jokes

Everybody else is pretty excited for Canyon, though. Except for Karie, who is busy dancing to the hip hop music in the corner.

Canyon spins in a small tornado of glitter…

…and becomes a young man. And guess what trait he gets? I think we can finally say that Nile teaching his son to "speak madness" as a toddler paid off. ‘Cause Canyon’s Insane now. Is it any surprise? ;D

The noise of the boisterous birthday party is apparently too much for Gladys, who smashes a dirty cake plate against the side of her head in frustration. (Or maybe she’s trying to knock herself out with it. Who really knows.)

The party wraps up with Gladys and Nile enjoying cake side by side out by the pool.

“So Mom. Now that I’m a teenager, can I ask you about My Sexy Mermaid?

“About…about what?”

“You know, My Sexy Mermaid. The book dad wrote that was based on you?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about, Canyon. Eat your cake.”

Later that night, Gladys discovers that she’s pregnant for a third time. She is immediately put on a strict watermelon diet (which should work this time, thanks to the advice of some lovely readers).

In her pregnant days, Gladys wants to do nothing but catch sharks. Seriously. That’s the primary wish she rolls. To catch ten sharks. Whatever floats your boat, honey.

I’ll leave you with this adorable shot of Canyon cuddling his cousin Clover. (We do have a lot of C names around here, don’t we?) Next time, we answer the question: will the watermelon work???

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2019, 08:40:19 PM »
Let's hope so! They need at least one girl. :)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2019, 09:03:39 PM »
Okay, the hamburger cake was funny, but Gladys smashing the plate against her head, made me laugh out loud! Telling Canyon to just eat his cake, and wanting to catch sharks while she's pregnant, I just love her! Your Kindle TJ story is fantastic and I'm looking forward to the next post. :)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
Let's hope so! They need at least one girl.

You'll find out the result very, very soon ;D

Okay, the hamburger cake was funny, but Gladys smashing the plate against her head, made me laugh out loud! Telling Canyon to just eat his cake, and wanting to catch sharks while she's pregnant, I just love her! Your Kindle TJ story is fantastic and I'm looking forward to the next post.

Gladys is truly a hoot! Thank you so much for your kind words, deedee!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »
Chapter 40 – Graveyard Love

Canyon is a teenager now, and with teenagerhood comes sweet, sweet freedom.

Specifically, the freedom to wear a leather jacket, ride the family motorcycle, and go on secret dates without his parents knowing.

Secret dates? Secret dates with WHO?

Everyone, meet Bryan Shaw. Yes, the very same kid who asked Nile for a bedtime story in a previous chapter, and who showed up to Canyon’s birthday party dressed as a prince. Canyon has had a crush on Bryan since elementary school. How do I know? Because at his slumber party, Canyon popped a wish to learn Bryan Shaw’s sign. As a child. :o It was clearly a glitch, but a very telling one.

When they meet again as teenagers, Canyon and Bryan express attraction for one another and decide to go steady. It happens as quickly and naturally as any romance that is meant to be.

The two princes (as they are now and forever called) have a lovely first date together. They bond over the tragic brevity of life.

Bryan: *sniffle* “Like, I just wonder, did this person even get a FUNERAL? They probably died all alone!”

Canyon: “Bryan, the gravestone says ‘Remains’. You are literally mourning a decorative rock.”

The princes also—autonomously, at the exact same time—congregate around this mysterious, perfectly circular, extremely deep pool in a fenced-off section of the cemetery.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“I don’t know. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“I don’t know. Are you thi—“

“Oh, shut up and get in the pool with me.”

*SPLASH*

Bryan plunges into the creepy pool in appropriate swimwear, whilst Canyon decides to switch into his everyday wear for this particular activity. They have a breath-holding contest and splash each other for hours. (And if making out in the pool was an option, they’d totally be doing that.)

After the creepiest-and-yet-somehow-most-romantic date I’ve ever witnessed, Canyon heads home before curfew hits. And look who’s visiting us from the afterlife for the first time!

Ash takes a moment to wave hello to Francine and Canyon, but then he heads straight up to take a nap on his old bed.

The rest of the family is doing well.

Gladys is handling her third pregnancy with grace and ease, as demonstrated by her reaction when Nile puts his ear to her belly.

“Hey! Don’t get too close, Nile! Your masculinity is going to infiltrate my womb through osmosis if you don’t keep your distance!”

“I’m quite sure that’s impossible, my dear mermaid, especially with all the watermelon you’ve been eating––"

“Don’t talk to me about my eating habits! We can NOT RISK having another boy, Nile! I need a little girl to instill with my knowledge of business ethics!”

Oh, Gladys. She’s just feeling extra Grumpy these days. At least Nile still loves her (even though he’s a little bit Insane to try and hug her after that outburst).

Clover is thriving in her toddler years. She’s even bonding with her daddy, who volunteers to finishing teaching her how to walk after Ash passes away.

Clover is also very close with her older cousin, Skyler.

My favorite thing to do is watch these two interact. They’re so adorable I wanna die.

Skyler will play peek-a-boo with his baby cousin for HOURS if someone doesn’t stop him.

After a couple days of seeing Bryan in private, Canyon decides to introduce his boyfriend to the rest of his family. He brings Bryan over for dinner, and—Gladys, why are you cheering?

Gladys: “I’m going into labor, yay!”

Yeah, I don’t get it either, Canyon. (Canyon’s face in this photo made me laugh for about five straight minutes. Just saying.)

In true princely fashion, Canyon and Bryan start freaking out in perfect choreographic unison.

Yeah…something tells me these two are meant to be.

Gladys gets herself to the hospital, beating Nile by a mile (heh).

Everyone, meet Desert Rose Kindle––an actual female baby.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2019, 06:30:43 PM »
You did it Gladys!! :D

Canyon might have been glitched but that's basically what being in love feels like. The Lucky Palms boy boom is useful after all.

anything