Author Topic: The Kindle Random Town Jump  (Read 41036 times)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: The Kindle Random Town Jump
« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »
Been reading this like the forum equivalent of a Netflix binge. I love your captions and the way you always catch the glitchy stuff and make it hilarious. And the faces they make! Holy cow!

Oh wow, thank you so much for your kind comment! You completely made my day :) I'm thrilled to know that you're reading and liking the Kindles. I know, their faces are always incredible!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2019, 05:28:31 PM »
I love your Kindles! In fact, the Kindles just made their first appearance in my Farmacy game. Rhone gets a quick guest shot and child Leonard meets the Swanson family! I was getting a bit bored with my game when I remembered I needed to add the Kindle family. And once I did that, the game became quite interesting! In fact, the Kindle faces must be contagious because one of the Swanson girls starts making some of her own. :) And Blaise Kindle is starring in another town jump by none other than the town jump challenge creator Judesims herself. And SP paired her up with a unique match to say the least. I'm getting to read about the Kindles in three stories now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2019, 01:48:19 PM »
I love your Kindles! In fact, the Kindles just made their first appearance in my Farmacy game. Rhone gets a quick guest shot and child Leonard meets the Swanson family! I was getting a bit bored with my game when I remembered I needed to add the Kindle family. And once I did that, the game became quite interesting! In fact, the Kindle faces must be contagious because one of the Swanson girls starts making some of her own. :) And Blaise Kindle is starring in another town jump by none other than the town jump challenge creator Judesims herself. And SP paired her up with a unique match to say the least. I'm getting to read about the Kindles in three stories now!

Yay, this is wonderful! I love seeing the Kindles getting the spotlight in a few different places. :)

I looked for Judessims's new RTJ but couldn't find it anywhere. Is it posted on this forum?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2019, 01:52:53 PM »

Yay, this is wonderful! I love seeing the Kindles getting the spotlight in a few different places. :)

I looked for Judessims's new RTJ but couldn't find it anywhere. Is it posted on this forum?

It's on her own website! Truly the most attractive couple there could be (lol)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »
Chapter 69 – Good & Evil

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Welcome back to the land of the Kindles, where children build sandcastles and teenagers smash them.

All should kneel and tremble before Aria, destroyer of creativity! (Reasons this doesn’t make sense: Aria is good. Aria loves the outdoors. Aria is a perfectionist. Aria is a nice person. Calder’s sandcastles are award-worthy. I could go on.)

Aria is only crazy by day. By night, she sits with Mario Crosby on the front lawn and looks serenely up at the stars.

In other news, Desert Rose is a Super Villain––level 9 of the criminal career. There you go, girl. Work it!

Not all is well with Rose, though. I regret that over the last several chapters (and years, in Sim-time), Rose and Harvey haven’t spent much time together. They still love each other, but with Rose working the graveyard shift and Harvey out playing for tips all the time, they hardly ever interact anymore. I think Harvey is more upset about this than Rose is. He takes out his frustration with a good 2 a.m. drum session in the kitchen.

The next morning, Calder gets to celebrate his teen birthday.

Man, I love the Northrop-Bellamore genes. They make the boys in this family look so PRETTY.

Calder is looking more like his dad with each birthday, I think.

But he’s still his own dude. Calder gets one of the least interesting traits in the game––Mooch. Yikes. Aside from being afraid of death and strippers (but then again, aren't we all), there really isn’t much to Calder’s personality.

It’s crazy to me that Harvey is now the father of three teenagers. And it’s still crazy to me that none of them inherited his fabulous hair.

Rose: “Yes, my clone is coming along nicely. She is beautiful, just like me! Ha ha!”

There is one interesting aspect of Calder’s existence––he’s contracted a bug wherein he sprints everywhere he goes. Which means that as soon as he finishes scarfing down his birthday cake, he RUNS to his easel to resume the painting he started as a child. Yay for artistic passion, I guess?

These three are a pretty chill bunch, overall. They’re studious and on the quiet side. I do have an idea of who the heir is going to be, but honestly, nobody is really making a strong case for themselves at this point.

At long last, just a couple days before her elder birthday, Desert Rose gets her final promotion and becomes the Riverview Empress of Evil.

Rose: *YAWN* “Finally. Jeez.”

She arrives home in a bright red glow of success, and finds her husband playing guitar in the kitchen. Now, those of you who know this game well may already know what’s about to go down. Let’s remember that Harvey is a Good sim, and he’s now married to the Empress of Evil––the ultimate bad. You can tell from the look on his face that he’s not really sure how he feels about his new situation.

Well…things seem to be going fine so far!

Yes, Harvey is still head-over-heels for his woman.

“Oh, my thorny temptress, your radiance only intensifies with time! The glow of your glamor weakens me—indeed, it makes me WOOZY! How I long to stroke your strategic mind, to wrestle your wickedness, to caress your corrupt motivations––”

Yeah, we’ll let him finish that speech behind closed doors.

Speaking of unlikely but adorable couples, Mario and Aria are adorable. Whenever they meet up for a date, they start with autonomous, simultaneous expressions of their respective weirdnesses. Mario trips over himself and looks around in terror that someone saw him; Aria chases a nonexistent fly around her head. It’s freaking adorable every time.

One afternoon, I send Harvey over to see how Clover and company are doing. He’s greeted at the door by this young man. It’s Benny! He’s a teenager! He has the ugliest haircut!

Ah, there’s Clover, looking awesome as ever in her high-level military gear. Can you guess who the young lady behind her is? I’ll tell you. It’s Lacie Kindle, youngest child of Skyler and Michaela. She’s all Michaela, isn’t she?

I thought that Rose and Harvey were in the clear when it came to their relationship, but over the next couple of days, that proves to not be the case. I don’t even notice the change in their relationship until the bar is fully in the red. The two of them are basically enemies, without being officially labeled enemies. :( As it turns out, whenever an Emperor or Empress of Evil and a Good sim are in the same room together, their relationship drops significantly with every flaring of that evil-person glow. Within hours, Rose and Harvey go from soulmates to borderline nemeses.

Rose at least acts a bit worried about her relationship. She might be pretending. Interpret this how you will.

But it’s too late. Just like that, Harvey no longer cares. He’s Good; his wife is Evil. They’re basically destined to be enemies for the rest of their lives, unless something changes.

Whilst I’m preoccupied with Harvey and Rose’s suddenly shattered marriage, the kiddos are apparently up to no good. Or maybe they’re just arguing over who’s going to be the heir. Speaking of which, the heir will be revealed soon! Next time, the girls become young adults. See ya then!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »

Thank you for the link! This is going to be a fun read...I wonder if Juan's pink skin will show up in later generations!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2019, 10:02:46 PM »

Thank you for the link! This is going to be a fun read...I wonder if Juan's pink skin will show up in later generations!

God I hope so...I have sad feelings still over my very first decadynasty attempt where I also did Juan x Blaise. Not only was their kiddo white as a sheet like her but still looked just like Juan otherwise (lost the screenshots but you can picture it in your head). I love Juan and he makes Twinbrook worth playing because he's just an interesting fellow, but if a kid is gonna take after him, is red skin really where the game should get scared and stop? :P

Yeah the red glow doesn't have a "spouse exempted" line of code. Funny enough insane sims love it. Where's Nile when you need him? Dead? Okay.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2019, 09:48:53 PM »
God I hope so...I have sad feelings still over my very first decadynasty attempt where I also did Juan x Blaise. Not only was their kiddo white as a sheet like her but still looked just like Juan otherwise (lost the screenshots but you can picture it in your head). I love Juan and he makes Twinbrook worth playing because he's just an interesting fellow, but if a kid is gonna take after him, is red skin really where the game should get scared and stop? :P

Yeah the red glow doesn't have a "spouse exempted" line of code. Funny enough insane sims love it. Where's Nile when you need him? Dead? Okay.

I just remembered that when my Kindles were in Twinbrook for the first generation, we briefly met a daughter of Juan Darer, and she did have pink skin! She's in the first picture in this chapter. She's the only example I've ever seen, though. So it does happen, but probably rarely.

Good to know that insane sims love the evil glow! That might come in handy in the future...

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2019, 10:02:16 PM »
Chapter 70 – The Oddball One

It’s the morning of the twins’ young adult birthday, and Rose gets things started early by scaring the living bejesus out of Dawn.

Rose: “YAHH!! That’s what growing up is like, sweetie. Hope you’re ready!”

Aria takes things easy. She probably listens through the walls to make sure her mother isn’t around or something. Insane sims are smart like that.

Harvey, meanwhile, does not appear ready to have two grown children. He plays angry drums while the dark, empty nursery looms behind him. Symbolic, perhaps? (Don’t worry, Harvey, you’ll be a pudgy ol’ grandpa before you know it!)

Aria, the eldest, goes first.

Yep, the headband is back. I think this time I’m going to let her keep it.

Dawn goes next. This is perhaps the only derpy face I’ve ever caught her making.

Somebody's ready for adult activities!

Here is the lovely Aria, graced with her favorite headband and a new, more sophisticated pair of glasses. Aria continues her streak of getting Ideal Heir Traits. Her final trait is Perfectionist, topping off Good, Loves the Outdoors, Insane, and Photographer’s Eye. Her Lifetime Wish is to be a Celebrated Five-Star Chef.

And the stunningly gorgeous Dawn––now old enough to wear lipstick and pink mesh to her heart’s content––becomes Lucky. Not my favorite trait, but it’s a nice reminder of her ancestry from Lucky Palms, I guess. She’s also Artistic, Neurotic, Absent-Minded, and a Vehicle Enthusiast. Dawn decides she wants to become a Star News Anchor, something she wished for several times as a teenager.

I have to confess—this heir decision was a tough one. I waffled for a very long time, torn between Aria’s classically great traits and Dawn’s amazing looks. I like Aria’s glasses. I like Dawn’s hot pink car. I like Aria’s insanity. I like Dawn’s subtle rebelliousness. In some ways, Aria and Dawn are female reincarnations of Caspian and Nile: the good heir, and the oddball heir. And once again…I’m going for the oddball one. The final heir of the Kindle Random Town Jump is Dawn. Congrats, Dawn!

I’m happy with my decision, but I’m still sad I can’t have Aria as the heir too. As soon as I make my choice, Aria makes me laugh by making silly faces at the family garbage can. :( Stop rubbing it in, Aria!

After that, Aria heads downtown to the bistro, where she applies for a job as a Kitchen Scullion. She’ll only work there for a few days before the family moves to the next town, but it’s good to get a head start.

Luckily she’s already at level 5 or 6 of the cooking skill. Still, she goes right home to practice. She is a perfectionist, after all.

We’re in that slightly awkward lull before the family can move to the next town. Calder keeps going to school, where he meets and is attracted to Erica Lin-Perkins, daughter of Lucky Perkins and one of the Lin twins (I forget which). Calder won’t be able to really date until after the move, but at least he has someone he can flirt with until then.

Dawn hasn’t started her work as a journalist yet––I’m going to wait until she gets married, to avoid an endless string of days off. In the meantime, she zooms around the countryside in her hot pink sports car (accented with yellow, because sometimes she lets Aria borrow it).

She also snoops on her boyfriend. Derick Newbie was supposed to age up on the same day as Dawn, but somehow he gets stuck a day or two behind. He’s still a teen when Dawn tracks him down at the library. (That’s his sister-in-law Betty on the right, and the toddler at his feet is his niece. All this time I thought Derick was the son of Betty and Bob Newbie, but he’s actually the son of Mags and Robert. Bob Newbie is his brother! Oops.)

Harvey is so close to maxing drums and completing his Lifetime Wish. As such, he goes a little bonkers with the practicing.

Calder: “Uuughh…Dad, SERIOUSLY?”

Calder: “Dad, it’s clear you’re not okay. Maybe you should get some help.”
Harvey: "Yes, well, your tight white undergarments are 'not okay', son!"

The next day, the family takes off for graduation in—you guessed it—Dawn’s hot pink car. (I’m still waiting for Dawn to become best friends with her car so she can name it. Anyone have suggestions? Maybe something to do with accidental decapitation?)

Dawn graduates with highest honors and is voted…um, nothing. She doesn’t get a superlative. I have no idea what could have caused this, but I am deeply disappointed, mostly because she has such an odd mix of traits. I want to know what her classmates think of her, dangit!

Aria graduates with highest honors too. She also doesn’t get a superlative. :( If one of the girls was Valedictorian, I didn’t notice because I was too busy being upset about the lack of class awards. Anyway!

I think graduation must have been glitched overall, because there weren’t really any other graduates around, even though it seemed like half the town aged up around the same time as the twins––including Derick Newbie. Instead of seeing him at graduation like she’d hoped, Dawn arranges to meet him at the cemetery behind City Hall. She waits for him in her cap and gown. (Derick is actually in this photo. Can ya spot him?)

Ahhh, there he is. The young man has finally become a grownup, and he’s looking fiiiine.

The two lovebirds chat casually all afternoon and into the evening (or rather, the watcher spends all afternoon trying to find the right combination of conversation topics that will unlock “Ask to Move In”, which takes until the evening). Finally, as the sun is going down in the hills of Riverview, Dawn asks her man to join the family.

Derick moves in and gets a heck of a makeover. He’s very handsome, and in a realistic way, too––he looks like a real guy, you know? Anyway. Derick’s traits are Athletic, Eccentric, Good, Virtuoso, and Can’t Stand Art (Dawn has already made it quite clear that she doesn’t care about that last one). He likes Egyptian music, Cheese Tofu Steak, and Aqua, and his Lifetime Wish is––oooh, a FUN one! He wants to be a Paranormal Profiteer! Can you say jackpot?!

Okay, I’m a little too excited about the ghost hunting. I do remember this career being glitchy the one time I played it in the past, but still, it’s something fun and different that I haven’t done in forever. I’m so glad Derick is part of the family! :D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2019, 07:32:44 PM »
Poor Harvey, his girls are growing up and his wife is evil. Life is rough for him. XD Dawn and Derick seem cute together and he is a handsome sim! I'm curious to see what he brings to the household.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2019, 09:37:20 PM »
Chapter 71 – Dawn of the Derick

Dawn and Derick are very much in love. They didn’t spend a whole lot of time together as teens, but now that they’re grown up and in the same household, it’s clear that their feelings go deep.

*sigh* I just love looking at them.

And Dawn likes looking at her man. Enough to ask him to marry her.

Derick enthusiastically says yes. He can’t wait to be a Kindle and start a family with Dawn.

Meanwhile…

Calder: “Being a teenager is boring.”
Aria: “Having a boyfriend who’s still a teenager is boring.”

Things are looking up for Dawn and Derick, but not so for Harvey and Rose. Their severely reduced relationship has them arguing almost nonstop.

Rose: “Ugh, your flowery ramblings DISGUST me! I’m at the top of my career after a lifetime of hard work, and all you can do is recite morally convicting poetry at me?!”

Harvey: “My vermilion vixen, I merely wish to enlighten you as to the darkness of your deeds! Your cruelty has always captivated me, and yet, since your last promotion, your evilness has become…eerie. I tremble at the sight of you, and I fear that our love is forever lost!”

At no response from Rose, Harvey gives up.

“Alas, our love may be lost, but it is not as lost as my efforts to change you. There must be nothing I can do. I hereby admit defeat.”

And yet, even with all their shouting and arguing, these two still sleep in the same bed together. Even if this relationship is clearly in shambles—their sharing a bed every night gives me hope. Or maybe it’s just a glitch. There’s no way to know.

And Rose isn’t acting completely soulless. With her daughter’s wedding on the horizon, she starts preparing a beautiful wedding gift—a very pink painting to hang in what will no doubt be a very pink master bedroom for the new couple.

Derick settles into the family with ease. Whilst Dawn works on her latest novel and Aria reads what really should be a cookbook but isn’t, Derick reads up on Riverview news—and perhaps takes a peek at news from another nearby settlement, to which the family will soon be traveling.

And, amazingly, Derick and Desert Rose show signs of a budding friendship. All on his own, Derick walks right up to his mother-in-law and starts showing off his new ghost buster machine thingy. Adorably, Rose is thrilled about this.

Derick then uses this as a segue into what he REALLY wants to say to his future mother-in-law.

Derick: “I was wondering, Mrs. Kindle—that is, I wanted to—er—I was hoping you might give us your blessing. You know, Dawn and I. I greatly respect your authority in this household, and it is my greatest wish to earn your trust and affection.”

Rose, appropriately, stares at Derick like he’s lost his marbles.

Then she’s struck by a feeling of—what is it? Pride? Happiness? Generosity?

And she says yes!

Derick: “Oh, Mrs. Kindle, THANK YOU! You won’t be sorry. I’ll make your daughter the happiest woman in…whatever town we’re going to!”

And with that, Derick and Rose are friends. I never saw this coming, not in a million years. (Of course, Derick is Good, which means that this friendship is doomed to destroy itself within the next five minutes. But at least for right now, they’re free to be cute together.)

Rose goes on to express her friendship and mother-in-law-ly affection the only way she knows how: with an absolutely brutal training session.

I don’t believe that Dawn cares even the tiniest bit about her mother’s approval of her marriage. She's just happy to be marrying Derick. I find her admiring her invisible engagement ring just after the whole ask-for-daughter’s-hand thing goes down.

Harvey, meanwhile, is downtown maxing out his drum skill—the final step to becoming a One Sim Band. I know he looks angry, but he always looks angry when he’s drumming. In reality, he just achieved his Lifetime Wish! Go Harvey!

And with his LTW complete at last, Harvey is left without much ambition or aim in his life. He’s mastered music. That was all he ever wanted to do. What else does he have to live for?

Well, there’s this. Since Desert Rose ascended to the throne of evil, Harvey has been increasingly dejected about their ruined relationship. His wife is the most important thing in the world to him. And over the past few days, he’s contemplated making a decision. A change. A bit of a sacrifice, in a way.

And he does it. With his new surplus of Lifetime Happiness points, Harvey purchases the Midlife Crisis reward. He gives up his Good trait so that he can stand being in the same room as his soulmate—and maybe have a hope of fixing their relationship.

The change makes something not quite right with Harvey, though. Having to change his fundamental character made Harvey lose a little bit of his sanity. Yup—he’s now Insane. (I decided to have Harvey do this before I even knew that Insane sims love Evil sims. I guess I got lucky!)

Rose doesn’t care that her husband is a little bit bonkers. She’s so touched by his sacrifice that she goes right back to flirting with him, as if nothing ever changed between them. It takes some neutral interactions and some patience on both sides, but by the end of that very same day, they’re well on their way to full-on romance once again.

Harvey demonstrates his newfound love for his wife by popping a wish to serenade her. Um…on the drums?

It is…interesting.

Afterwards, Rose gives Harvey this very disturbing, almost certainly forced smile of gratitude. :o You okay there, honey?

So things are back to normal for Harvey and Rose at last. Yay! To finish this chapter, I’d like to share with you a very special behind-the-scenes shot. Did you ever wonder what Aria and Harvey would look like if you melded them together into one deranged Sim?

Well, now you don’t have to. They both went into the Motive Mobile at the same time. Apparently the Motive Mobile only has one seat. So if two Sims go in, and you pause the game and move the camera inside the vehicle…well, see for yourself.

*has nightmares for the rest of time*

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2019, 11:58:11 PM »
Wow! I never noticed that glitch before even with all of the motive mobiles that the Frio family has purchased over nine generations.

You do realize I will now have to test this out next time I'm in my TJ game, right?!

Although, as I contemplate my current family members merging, I get a very queasy feeling.

Can't wait to see where the Kindle family's moving to next! Keep on with the amazing adventures and even more amazing faces and glitches!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2019, 12:01:01 PM »
Wow! I never noticed that glitch before even with all of the motive mobiles that the Frio family has purchased over nine generations.

You do realize I will now have to test this out next time I'm in my TJ game, right?!

Although, as I contemplate my current family members merging, I get a very queasy feeling.

Can't wait to see where the Kindle family's moving to next! Keep on with the amazing adventures and even more amazing faces and glitches!

Thanks for your kind words as always, deedee! I found the glitch totally by accident––I was just moving the camera around and suddenly that monstrosity appeared. I audibly yelped. :D If you test it out in your game and find your own monstrosity, you should post a picture so we can all have nightmares together!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2019, 09:54:57 PM »
Chapter 72 – Imagine the Butterflies

It’s a happy time in the Kindle house. In these finals days in Riverview, there’s a lot of love happening.

Harvey and Desert Rose are back to a full relationship bar and more in love than ever. That magnificent rosy-red glow is actually a glow of LOVE, you see. Harvey also seems to be adjusting to his new Insane trait fairly well. He’s not as Insane as some other sims I’ve played. See, he’s even wearing the correct outfit here! It’s Rose who’s in her athletic wear for no reason.

Calder gets to attend prom before leaving Riverview. It’s a mixed experience for him––he’s voted prom king, because duh, he’s a Kindle, but he also falls flat on his face and gets into a fight. Not that any of this matters. He’s going to be finishing out his teen years in a new town anyway. He also gets a romantic interest, a newspaper deliverer named Kerry Cornwell whom he will never be seeing ever again. Sorry, Calder. Better things are waiting for you, I promise!

That same night, Rose is on her way home from the criminal warehouse when she’s hit with her elder birthday. Yes, the esteemed Empress of Evil is gonna be an old lady!

The next day is a very exciting day. It’s Derick and Dawn’s wedding! This is the last wedding for an heir, so I’m sure to make it a good one.

Dawn is feeling a bit anxious, though. She goes to pick up a wedding cake and has a bit of a mental breakdown just outside the grocery store. We’ve all been there, honey.

Aaaand this is where I have some bad news, forum friends. The next event in the Kindle story is, as I said, Dawn and Derick’s wedding. Unfortunately, after this last photo of Dawn freaking out in front of the grocery store, the next two hours’ worth of screenshots are missing. I have no pictures from the wedding. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I was having some issues with saving my game during that time––I got an error code 12 and had to clear some space on my computer, which fixed the problem––but I guess due to the space issue, none of the screenshots I took actually saved. :-[

So, just imagine instead, okay? Imagine Dawn wearing a gorgeous white dress accented with pink, and Derick wearing a spiffy grey suit. Imagine the family taking the Motive Mobile through the countryside to Lost Willow Park, where a wedding arch has been nestled under some trees and wooden chairs arranged before it. (Seriously, I spent SUCH a long time setting up the wedding venue.) Imagine the guests arriving one by one—Skyler and Michaela, their children Hunter and Lacie, Clover and George with their son Benny, the Newbies, the Crosbys, and a few stray townies that must have heard there was a party happening and hitched rides along the way. Imagine these people well, because you will never see them again, probably. Imagine Harvey standing on the bridge and serenading people with his guitar as they walk in. (Imagine him actually sort of blocking the way so people have to go around and climb over boulders to get to the wedding area.) Imagine flowers, lush and fragrant, clustered around trees and clearings and ponds. Imagine the butterflies––butterflies everywhere, in jewel-bright colors, blues and violets and reds.

Imagine me clicking on the wedding arch to start the wedding, only to have the action drop from Dawn’s queue. Imagine me trying again with Derick, with the same result. Imagine the guests wandering around, wondering when the heck the wedding is going to start. Imagine me repeating this cycle about twelve times before moving the wedding arch three inches to the left, which is apparently all that needed to happen. Imagine darkness falling over the torch-lit scene as the bride and groom FINALLY stand under the wedding arch and the guests FINALLY sit down. Imagine a hush as the vows begin. Imagine Rose’s evil red glow lighting up the forest behind the chairs. Imagine Dawn’s sweet face in the torchlight, surrounded by flitting butterflies, as she slides the ring onto her husband’s finger. Imagine Derick’s cheesy grin as he does the same to her. Imagine the kiss, gallant and passionate, as the wedding-goers leap to their feet and cheer.

Imagine Heather Crosby and Betty Newbie standing very still and clapping mechanically for the rest of the evening and into eternity, because I never went back to reset them. Imagine the cutting of the cake, and Harvey serenading the crowd on his guitar yet again, and the guests slowly trickling home. Imagine the long drive back through the countryside—the Kindles’ last night in Riverview, that deep country darkness settling over the hills. Imagine the family tiptoeing off to bed. Imagine Dawn and Derick spending their first night together as husband and wife (don’t get too detailed in your imagining, now). Imagine it. Imagine it well. Your imagination is better than any computer game, anyway.

Okay! That was tragic. In any case, Dawn and Derick are married, I promise, and it was beautiful, I promise. Now that that’s over, let’s jump to the next morning!

Mario Crosby finally aged up overnight. Aria calls him and asks him to come over first thing. He looks a lot like Mortimer Goth, don’tcha think?

Aria gets right down to business. Ahem, down to one knee.

Mario accepts, and while he and Aria are crooning over each other, the newspaper arrives.

Newspaper boy: “ExCUSE me! These people are being gross! This wasn’t in my job description! Hellooo!”

Aria and Mario (is…is their ship name…Maria?) decide to tie the knot right there on the front porch. *sigh* At least one of the twins gets her wedding photographed.

I really hope their kids get Mario’s nose. That’s all I’m saying.

They finish up their vows just as Calder comes outside to see what the ruckus is.

…And he stands right there as they share their first kiss as man and wife. I’m still laughing at this. He looks so perturbed!

So Mario becomes a Kindle and gets a makeover. I promise I didn’t only give him a mustache because his name is Mario. Total, total coincidence. Mario’s traits are Loves the Outdoors, Mooch, Flirty, Clumsy, and Star Quality. He likes Roots music, sushi, and violet, and his Lifetime Wish is…um.

GOLD DIGGER??? Really, Mario?!?

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. At least for now. If he and Aria move to their own house in the next town and Aria winds up dead…things are going to happen. Bad things. Okay? Are we okay with that? Okay.

Now that both twins are married, it’s time for everybody to hit the road and travel to the next—and final—town. (No, Mr. Bald Maid, you can’t come along.) Yes, only one town remains before the end of this Random Town Jump. Crazy, right? (Also, I hope you enjoy this most awkwardest of family photos. I'm lazy when it comes to posing sims, as in, I don't really pose them anymore. I don't know what to tell you.)

And so we say farewell to the farmhouse out in the country. It has served us well. It kind of feels like we were only in Riverview for half a second, but it was a lovely half a second, wasn’t it?

Goodbye, Riverview. On to bigger and brighter things.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2019, 12:42:14 AM »
Sorry about the error 12, lack of space and screenshots.

On the flip side, with your wonderful 'imagine if you will' scenarios filling my head, it was a typical sims wedding.

Nobody did what they were supposed to, nobody sat in the chairs you had painstakingly arranged (hours, hours of work!), and most of the guests were not wearing the clothes you intended for them to wear.

And despite all of that, when you were just about to give up, your sims got married and one or two poor guests will cheer and throw rose petals to the ends of time! lol

As for posing sims, I too have given up! It's an impossible task that only leads down the road of Insanity!

Congratulations Aria and Mario, um, Ario? At least you two got some face time. And what a face it is Mario! I do believe he has some Goth in him somewhere!

Congratulations Dawn and Derick, on your wedding day with no visible mementos. Better luck in the next town! I will be devastated if there are no toddler pics! Just saying. lol

anything