Author Topic: The Kindle Random Town Jump  (Read 40329 times)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: The Kindle Random Town Jump
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2019, 03:05:02 PM »
So many lovely comments! Thank you everyone!

My solution for Skyler would be to kiss Lacie for the sweet 1,000 LTHP and dump her as karma. :P Too bad about Karina firing zero wishes for him but I have a soft spot for the cute and chubby ones in the Spousal Races.

Hmmm as for the red-haired baby, which Lancaster was Leah born to again? Maybe he's a later Lancaster kidlet from either the mother or daughter, since obviously red hair runs in that family (I remember colors but not names! Sad!) So not a sibling but maybe a bizarre uncle or nephew.

I like this idea. I like it a lot. I'll see what I can do. :) And Karina isn't out of the running yet––Skyler still has about a week as a teenager, and he's still waffling between all three girls. He may end up surprising us.

Leah was born to Lola Lancaster, but the red-haired boy is actually not a Lancaster! Great guess, though.

Rose! Rose! She's so freakin adorable!
Clover is the definition of a dedicated aspiring astronaut. I love her.

I agree with Trip. Sweet, sweet revenge and the points aren't bad either. I tend to enjoy causing chaos in my games though.

I'm glad to see Canyon and Bryan are doing well! They're so cute together and it's so sweet Bryan befriended Clover.

Oh! Is the red-head boy's mother Sammi Claremont? They have similar eyes.

That's two votes for revenge! :D And yes, Clover has made it very clear what her dream career is right now. We'll see if that's what she wants when she's older. (I wouldn't be surprised.)

Nope, it's not Sammi Claremont, though their eyes really do look similar!

Aw! I wanted Canyon and Curtis Bryan to get together after the 'two princes' party and they did :).

I may or may not have been dropping some hints in that "Two Princes" chapter. ;) I'm glad you like them together! And is that a reference to the Jones RTJ? I completely forgot that the infamous Curtis was also a Shaw, and that he was from Lucky Palms. What a cool connection!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »
Yes, that was a Jones reference.  I always think of the Blake foetus as 'Curtis' now and was rather disappointed when he turned out to be straight in my Decadynasty (although it did mean that he contributed genes to the Steel bloodline, so it wasn't all bad).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2019, 07:32:12 PM »
Chapter 44 – Moon Happenings

Clover is learning to bake. She’s doing well, but—

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Nile: “Clover, could you stop coughing and hacking at the dinner table? I know you burnt your sugar cookies, but all that choking is very distracting.”
Clover: *cough* *gag*

Nile: “Oh man, this fruit parfait isn’t so great either…” *cough* *gag*

Anyway! When he's finished berating his niece for her natural human response to burnt cookies, Nile finally gets baby Rose on the spring rider, and he’s thrilled about it.

Meanwhile, Caspian is out at the criminal warehouse—and when he leaves his shift in the middle of the night, he’s promoted to Master Thief, completing his Lifetime Wish. Go Caspian!

And what does he do to celebrate? He takes a bath in the mysterious abandoned tub outside the warehouse, of course. (Full disclosure: I make him do this, for my own entertainment.)

Clover is keeping busy in her elementary school days. She pops a wish to learn logic and another to use a telescope. Lucky Palms is a great place from which to observe the universe—there are always such gorgeous sunsets and interesting moon happenings.

Uh oh. Clover, what did you see?

Gahh! Don’t look at ME, Clover! You’re not supposed to be able to see me!

“E-Exactly…”

Okay, I’m a little spooked now. Let’s go check on Desert Rose. Here she is looking like the happiest little clam there ever was. I don’t know why she keeps going behind the bar, but she certainly seems to like it back there.

Even though he’s reached the top of his career, Caspian still has ambitions. He gets an opportunity that requires him to learn the martial arts skill. Since he has a daughter (and now a niece) who is Disciplined, he figures it’s a good idea to start getting ready. He can’t have Clover beating him when she’s old enough to spar.

But for now, Clover is still a little girl who gets tucked into bed by her mother most nights.

Skyler, meanwhile, is still trying to figure out his love life. He goes to see Lacie Diwan at her house one evening and gives her flowers, just to see how she reacts.

“I’m really flattered, Skyler. You almost make me want to break up with my boyfriend.”

Uhhhhh. What? I have Skyler ask Lacie if she’s single, just to make sure, and it turns out she’s already dating someone—and not just anyone. She’s in a relationship with Leonard Kindle, Skyler’s cousin!

Well, that certainly throws a wrench into things.

Ash has been making frequent appearances as a ghost. He often runs into Nile, since Nile is usually up all night writing his novels. The two of them watch TV together like old times and admire the spiky bush poking a singular leaf through the wall next to the TV.

Wait, Ash, how are you sitting on the couch AND haunting that floor lamp simultaneously?

Corrie: “Boo.”
Ash: “GYAHHH! Don’t DO that, Corrie! You’ll give me a heart attack!”

Don’t be mad at Corrie, Ash! She’s just trying to reconnect with her son. See?

Rose is on somewhat of a nocturnal schedule too these days. She learns a lot more about ghosts in her toddler years than most sims learn in their lifetimes.

And because she is just so cute walking around…here’s another picture of her walking around.

It takes a few days of kicking the wooden dummy, but Caspian finally reaches a point where he can practice breaking oak boards. He also gets a snazzy new belt (which somehow looks oddly silly on him, in spite of its inherent sophisticatedness).

All too soon, it’s Clover’s teen birthday! She ages up in the midst of a game of tag with a friend from school, which means she ages up right in front of the front door—a difficult spot to get good screenshots.

See? Awkward haircuts, awkward angles all around.

With a little work at the mirror, Clover transforms into a stunning young woman. I really love her face shape––I have a theory that she inherited it from her great-grandfather, Gaylord Koffi, but it's hard to know for sure. She also acquires a unique and lovely trait—Nurturing.

No one can look photogenic in a bathroom the way Clover Kindle can look photogenic in a bathroom.

There are three grown-or-nearly-grown women in the household, and Francine is not yet ready.

Francine: “I have to be ready. My daughter is going to KILL me with her bare hands if I’m not ready.”

Gladys: “Yeah, yeah. You’re just self-conscious about the fact that you’ll be an Elder in less than a week.”

Francine: “Shut up!”

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2019, 11:28:39 AM »
I thought Clover's face was from Tori Kimura but now I'm with your theory too. Intervention from beyond the grave! (and not just Corrie haunting the lamp lol)

Curtis is forever in my heart too but I also haven't played in Lucky Palms in ages...the Shaw kid is untouched by my memories for now but I'm glad he gets to be his true self in every Random Town Jump. ;D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2019, 11:37:09 AM »
I thought Clover's face was from Tori Kimura but now I'm with your theory too. Intervention from beyond the grave! (and not just Corrie haunting the lamp lol)

Curtis is forever in my heart too but I also haven't played in Lucky Palms in ages...the Shaw kid is untouched by my memories for now but I'm glad he gets to be his true self in every Random Town Jump.

Clover did get a lot of her looks from Tori (and her mom is basically a Tori clone), but I went back and looked at all the ancestral face shapes and Gaylord is the only one with that wide, square jaw. It looks really lovely on Clover, so I'm thrilled about it. :)

I'm a fan of all the Curtis love! He was really something. This is making me want to go back and read the Jones RTJ for the 90th time...

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2019, 11:49:52 AM »
Chapter 45 – Twenty-Eight Quick Drinks

Let’s start off by checking in on Desert Rose. She’s learning to talk from Nile, the resident Speaker of Madness. (Let’s hope she doesn’t become Insane as a result of this. As much as I love Insane sims, two in the household is plenty for me!)

When the all-important TV breaks, Clover pops a wish to fix it. If she wants to be an astronaut someday, she’s going to need to know how to fix things like rocket ships, so a TV is an okay place to start. (Looks like she might need to learn how to fix her dress, too, while she’s at it. Or maybe the laws of physics.)

Canyon’s birthday arrives and the family throws a party to celebrate. Even before the guests start coming, there’s a traffic jam behind the bar as half the family tries to make drinks. I’ve decided not to think too hard about what Caspian might be plotting.

The guests arrive and start dancing and socializing. It’s good to see some family members again! Karie’s looking radiant as ever.

Canyon starts getting down with Bryan and hardly speaks to anyone else for the rest of the party. Skyler, meanwhile, encounters Leah. He’s been popping a lot of wishes for her—I think she is his girl of choice at the moment, so when the two of them start flirting, I happily let it play out.

Leah has news for us, though. She’s acquired a boyfriend since we saw her last. It’s Rickie Tanner, one of the other five unborn babies at the start of the game. He stands right there and watches his girlfriend flirting with another man, and he doesn’t seem to mind at all. Nope, in fact, he CHUCKLES. Maybe he doesn’t have big plans for his relationship with Leah…but who knows? (Story Progression. Story Progression knows.)

Canyon does not approve of his brother’s antics.

Canyon: “Ick. Can you not massage your girlfriend at my birthday party, dude?”
Skyler: “She’s not my girlfriend. That’s why I’m massaging her.”

Cake time! Everybody gathers around Karina Vasquez-Arellano, who is just trying to do her homework, poor thing.

(Hey look, it’s cousin Leonard on the far right, behind Bryan!)

Canyon ages up looking like a clone of his dad, yet again. (Have I mentioned that I am constantly getting Canyon and Nile mixed up? Yeah...)

Canyon finally grows into those cheekbones a little bit, or something. I dunno, he looks much handsomer to me now. I think a new set of eyebrows helps as well. Canyon rolls the Angler trait, oddly enough. Now he, Gladys, AND Skyler can go fishing together. Yay?

I have some plans for Canyon now that he’s a young adult, but for now, he’s staying put—at least until Bryan grows up also. In the meantime, let’s enjoy some more Desert Rose spam. (And Skyler spam. Skyler’s cute too, you know.)

After the party ends, most of the family goes to bed, but in the wee hours of the morning I come across Caspian, still awake and drowning in party drinks. Like…drowning. I have no idea who felt the need to make SEVEN TRAYS of drinks (seriously, seven—there are two more on the bar and two more on the coffee table in the foyer). Caspian stands here at the table and drinks glass after glass, all. night. long.

“Uh, Mom...what the heck are you doing??”

“Helping you get through these trays of drinks. You’ve barely made a dent and it’s almost dawn! I will NOT have my son looking like a lightweight in front of the forum."

Fast forward to noon, and Caspian is STILL DRINKING. And “watching TV” from the backyard, somehow. And laughing at absolutely nothing. What DID you put in those drinks, man?

Clover: "Dad, can you help me with this assignment for my health class? I'm supposed to ask around in my neighborhood and find out how many quick drinks people have on average per week."
Caspian: "Put me down for twenty-eight."

Other family members are participating in more wholesome activities. As Gladys has a nice sleep-in, Rose finishes learning to talk with the help of daddy Nile. And with that, her toddler skills are in the bag with a whole several hours to spare.

That afternoon, it’s Canyon’s graduation. You can tell he’s grown up because the moment he gets his robes on, he scoops up baby Rose to make sure she gets to the ceremony safely.

“Let’s get you out of that puddle of pee, Rose. Let’s go to City Hall instead!”

The rest of the family takes off running, leaving Canyon and Rose in the dust. Very considerate, everyone.

Canyon graduates with highest honors and wins Class Valedictorian. He also earns the title of Most Likely to Offend Others. Of course Canyon is excited about that.

That night, Skyler calls up Lacie Diwan and invites her out for a quick date. There, he fulfills his wish to kiss her—and she immediately says “sorry, I have to go!” and disappears. I sort of wonder if these two had some sort of mutual understanding. At any rate, that’s the nail in that coffin. Farewell, future cousin-in-law!

At last, it’s time for Desert Rose’s birthday. She’s had a good long toddlerhood, and I think I’ve taken more pictures of her as a toddler than any other sim in recent memory. She is ready and excited to be a big girl.

Here she goes, all matchy-matchy with the carpet.

She even ages up into her color scheme. What a gal.

Desert Rose is looking more and more like her mother—and possibly like Caspian? I guess that makes sense. Anyway, she picks up the Neat trait, which fulfills a longtime wish of mine. Finally, somebody in this household who will actually wash the dishes after dinner!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2019, 06:40:59 PM »
Still loving Rose's look, and Canyon's still making the best faces! I'm not sure what's up with graduation though. Sometimes it happens the very next day, other time days go by and you figure it's not happening, then the announcement shows up. In my Farmacy, Summer aged up on Thursday, her boyfriend Nolan on Friday, and her younger brother on Saturday, and early Sunday morning I get the graduation announcement and all three of them spin into robes and take off! Yet, in my TJ game, twins, one who aged before midnight, the other after, do not go to graduation together, just the one who aged up earlier. I am so confused! Wonder if he'll graduate before we have to town jump? I need to check at the NRaas site and see if maybe there's a setting for graduation. I am glad that Canyon picked Rose up out of the pee puddle though, ick!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2019, 07:53:19 PM »
Chapter 46 – Canyonot?

As a brand-new grown-up adult, Canyon must start thinking about the rest of his life and what he wants to do with it. On a couple of occasions, I find him contemplating Blaise’s old fire ax in the foyer. Hmmm. Interesting.

Clover starts making use of that Disciplined trait under the watchful eye of Aunt Gladys. I guess Gladys just likes to watch people swat the dummy. (I would, too, if there was a hot tub from which I could watch people swat the dummy.)

Desert Rose begins the always-required childhood activity: baking. She seems to have a knack for it, just like Skyler did, and doesn’t burn a single muffin (unlike Clover, who has moved on to burning every plate of pancakes she makes).

I bet you’re all wondering where Skyler is at with his love life. Honestly, I don’t really know myself. He has expressed consistent interest in Leah Lancaster, but she has a boyfriend now, and she’s been a little wishy-washy in the past when Skyler has tried to flirt with her. There might still be a little time to change things, though. Skyler invites Leah to meet him at the spa (and wow, what a spa it is) to talk things over.

…It doesn’t go well. Leah shuts Skyler down when he so much as asks her how her day was, and she REALLY doesn’t like it when he goes in for a hug. *sigh* I was hoping they were close enough friends that Skyler could ask her to break up with Rickie Tanner, but with all these “Leah thinks Skyler is being awkward” notifications, their relationship is dropping rapidly. Darn.

Skyler’s having a rough day, but Canyon is having a great one. That very afternoon, after popping the appropriate wish, he strolls down to the firehouse and applies for a job as a Water Boy. As potentially the last Kindle to have that fiery orange hair, Canyon is honoring his family legacy and taking after Blaise. It’s not what I was expecting…but hey, chase your dreams, kid.

In fact, Canyon is so excited about his new job that he goes ahead and puts on his fireman outfit after taking a bubble bath, even though he hasn’t started work yet. (Ignore the snotty face. He just doesn’t want anyone to know how excited he is.)

Desert Rose has her first day of school, and oh! Look who she brings home with her on the very first day!

The famous red-haired boy—whose first name is Harvey, and whose last name shall remain a mystery for the time being—plays tag with Rose all afternoon and becomes her first real friend outside the family. Ah, yes…things are going exactly according to plan. :D

Skyler keeps trying desperately to repair his relationship with Leah. Whenever he calls her, she’s either at work, or doesn’t want to talk to him, or thinks 1:30 in the morning is “too late to talk” (whatever, lady).

Clover, who is BFFs with Skyler, sees his distress and decides to give him a helping hand.

Skyler: “So where are we going again?”
Clover: “To my friend Michaela’s house. You need to hang out with someone other than Leah Lancaster. Don’t worry, Michaela’s cool!”
Skyler: *grumble*

Skyler: “THAT’S Michaela?”
Clover: “Yep! Go on, introduce yourself!”
Skyler: “But…what is she wearing?”
Clover: “She doesn’t have a watcher to custom design her wardrobe, doofus. Now go say hi!”

While Clover contentedly does her homework in the other room, Skyler starts getting to know Michaela (in spite of her horrifying wardrobe choices). She’s a bit of an unconventional beauty, and she definitely shows interest in Skyler. And are you guys ready for a heck of a fun fact? Guess who Michaela is. That’s right, she’s red-haired Harvey’s older sister. NOW see if you can guess who the parents are! ;D

Skyler and Michaela get along so well that Skyler loses track of time and has to get picked up by the police. (In his defense, Clover loses track of time too—they both get rounded up.) A good sign? I guess?

Rose is doing well, blossoming into a well-adjusted and responsible little lady. She does all the dishes, just like I hoped she would. :)

And she bonds with her daddy, playing along when he insists on reading her toddler books even though she’s too old for them.

A couple days pass, and before long, it’s time for another birthday—but not a Kindle birthday. A Shaw birthday! On the day he’s due to age up, Bryan comes over to hang out with Canyon, and he gets a surprise cake while he’s here.

There isn’t enough room in the household for Bryan to move in, but I give him a makeover anyway. He’s a very handsome kid and looks spectacular in plummy purple. His traits, if you’re curious, are Artistic, Discplined, Loves the Outdoors, Mooch, and Excitable. His Lifetime Wish is to be a Home Design Hotshot. Dream on, baby.

At last, Canyon and Bryan are free to start their lives together. I can’t have them get married myself, but I’m hoping Story Progression will let things take their course once they’re on their own.

…but there is ONE thing I can have them do.

“Hey Bryan. Guess what? I'm a firefighter.

Bryan: *screams*

Okay, that’s not what I meant. I MEANT that I can have them Woohoo. :) (Look at that sultry face! Who could say no to a Shaw? Nobody, that’s who.)

The boys enjoy their first woohoo, and afterwards while Bryan struts gleefully around the room (awww), Canyon calls the real estate office. Time for Branyon to start fresh!

Goodbye, darling Canyon. It’s been so fun watching you grow up. Have the best time saving Lucky Palms from fires and PLEASE MARRY BRYAN, PLEASE.

Ah, there you go. Good boy. :) 

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2019, 09:02:12 PM »
Branyon is chugging right along while Skyler and Rose threaten to create an in-law loop in your family tree. All in a good town jump really!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2019, 04:30:35 PM »
Branyon is chugging right along while Skyler and Rose threaten to create an in-law loop in your family tree. All in a good town jump really!

I never planned on an in-law loop, I swear! I really thought Skyler was going to end up with Leah Lancaster, but Leah had other plans, I guess. Ah well. There's still time for things to change, maybe...

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »
The drama continues! Every chapter it seems like a wild guess who Skyler will end up with. His love life is a mess while Canyon's is going fantastically. I'm glad things are looking up with Michaela though.
Now, back to the wiki to try and figure out red-haired boy's parents....

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2019, 07:41:46 PM »
The drama continues! Every chapter it seems like a wild guess who Skyler will end up with. His love life is a mess while Canyon's is going fantastically. I'm glad things are looking up with Michaela though.
Now, back to the wiki to try and figure out red-haired boy's parents....

I know, right?! It pretty much is a wild guess every time...Skyler wants to be with a different girl every day, it seems.

Only a couple more chances to guess who Harvey and Michaela's parents are! ;)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2019, 07:49:33 PM »
Chapter 47 – Spars & Nighties

After that first night getting to know Michaela, Skyler is slow to express more interest in her. It’s not until Leah Lancaster ages up to young adult and Lacie Diwan rejects him for a date (again) that he finally pops a wish to go on a date with Michaela. That is…it’s not until he’s pretty much out of options that he turns to her as a last resort. :P

He invites her over and they start getting, um, reacquainted right away. Way to be strategically shirtless, Skyler. (Clover looks exasperated about the hugging, but really she just whacked herself in the face with the fighting dummy.)

As Skyler and Michaela flirt and chat in the background, Clover and her father have their first spar.

Caspian has a higher level of Martial Arts skill (and maxed Athletic skill) as his advantage…

…but Clover has the advantages of youth, grace, and the Disciplined trait to back her up.

The sparring goes on for hours, and eventually, Michaela gets tired and decides to tuck in for the night. No, she was not invited to stay over. Skyler comes back from grabbing some dinner in the fridge and finds Michaela climbing out of his bed wearing a nightie and fuzzy slippers.

I don’t know if it’s the nightie or what, but Skyler pops a wish to kiss Michaela for the first time. I suspect Michaela has been wanting the very same thing for a while.

“Michaela, your bravery, beauty, and couch potato habits have made me see that you are the one I want to be with––not prissy Leah Lancaster or deceitful Lacie Diwan. Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Um, I didn’t know there were other girls in the running, but…okay, sure.”

And so that’s that. Skyler and Michaela spend lots of time together from then on and are completely shameless about their romantic relationship. Luckily, Skyler’s mom doesn’t seem to have a problem with that. :o

Later that week, I catch Nile and Caspian having a peaceful brotherly moment together in the middle of the night. Caspian, just back from a shift at the criminal warehouse, unwinds with a book while Nile works on his latest satire novel. These two almost never hang out together. It’s fitting that I find them like this the night before they’re due to become old men. :(

But let’s not think about old men just yet. Desert Rose loves to paint, it turns out––she gets to level 2 of the skill all by herself. It’s helpful that she’s surrounded by the work of great artists before her.

Francine, our other great (living) artist, is getting close to maxing both guitar and painting and achieving her lifetime wish. The public hangout spots of Lucky Palms remain deserted (heh) as ever, but she still plays for tips like she’s on her very own world tour.

We have another musician in the family now. Nile, whose inventory is bloated with three generations’ worth of junk I’ve been too lazy to clear out, picks up Corrie’s old upright bass one day and starts plucking away like a maniac. (The bass-playing face never fails to make me crack up.)

I don’t know how to caption this.

Clover rises quickly through the Martial Arts levels, almost as quickly as the moon rises over the desert.

Even Disciplined sims are not immune to injury. This is giving me traumatic flashbacks to breaking my wrist in ninth grade, soooo moving on!

There are some birthdays on the horizon. Desert Rose will be a teenager soon, and Skyler is about to age up to a young adult. As such, the two of them wear their silly swim goggles and play tag as often as humanly possible.

Okay, it’s time to think about old men now. :(

Francine: “Yay, I look so much younger than my husband now!”

Caspian heads straight upstairs to the mirror to replace his mustache, and then to the rooftop gym to (angrily) replace his muscles. Good luck with that, bro.

Nile is less depressed about aging up and more just plain confused.

The next morning is Skyler’s birthday. He wakes up in a mood swing and pops a wish to skip school. I decide to let him. He has an A average anyway. I think he deserves to skip his last day.

Off he goes in a whirl of rainbow glitter while his rapidly aging parents and uncle cheer him on.

“Whoa, I get chest hair now??”

A fully grown man now, Skyler decides to give up the baseball hat at last. (I’ll miss it, but this hair really does look better on him.) Skyler’s final rolled wish is Absent-Minded (yay!), and he decides that he wants to become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder and join the science career.

That’s it for now. More excitement to come in the next one!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2019, 11:19:56 PM »
Okay, I think I got it! Red-haired boy's mother is Pansy Northrop? Maybe?

It's about time Skyler finally made a choice! I'm happy for him. Michaela seems like a sweetheart.
I can't believe Caspian and Nile are old men already, it's nuts!  :o