Author Topic: Sunset Valley 2020  (Read 151015 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2020
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2020, 07:50:04 PM »
Thank you for the kind words on the Saves and Site!!

It is a magical place!! :)

Are you kidding me?! The Sims 3 at Sims 2 performance with all expansions, all stuff packs, many store contents, a ton of mods and some CC! The world is alive, sims are actually doing stuff. Now this is what EA should have given us for investing so much in this game, but you gave it all for free, not to mention the site as another free extra.

A thousand thanks and infinite gratitude! You guys are amazing! I am not experiencing any initial load lag or in-game lag and saving is so fast!

It feels like magic. And since everyone is talking about the quarantine, I simply have to mention: I finally feel truly alive while playing my game. I no longer feel like I'm trapped indoors, even if the feeling might be temporary. The lag I've been experiencing previously was sometimes enough to add some background boredom to my play sessions, enough to make me fear of hosting parties too often.

Sadly I'm afraid the immersion may be broken when I travel abroad in TS3's sub worlds, but I'll try installing EllaCharmed's other world files in an attempt to mitigate the usual issues. I'm afraid it won't be the same tough. But anyway, thank you for showing me what tons of time, dedication and optimizations can do.

All TS3 needed to work was just a little bit of love after all! Many, many thanks! ;D
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline sammisosa

• Nooboo
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2020, 06:50:55 PM »
Can someone explain how to download this on a MacBook? I tried following the windows installation directions and modifying them to what I know for my MacBook, but I seem to not have done it correctly because I can't even get the game to load without it freezing on the EA screen

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2020, 07:06:44 PM »
Can someone explain how to download this on a MacBook? I tried following the windows installation directions and modifying them to what I know for my MacBook, but I seem to not have done it correctly because I can't even get the game to load without it freezing on the EA screen
Wish I had a MacBook to help test it on, but I don't.  Theoretically (based on what I read about other custom worlds), it should be possible.  You can find your saves directory and drop in either the Vanilla or Chocolate unzipped save you download from us.  But then you need to manually hunt for the "Sunset Valley.world" file.  I'm not sure where that is located on the Mac OS, here are the two typical install locations for it on PCs:

- (Disc Version)  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

- (Origin Version)  C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Basically those are sub-directories under the main TS3 install folder.  If you can find that, you should be able to browse and locate the .world file to replace.  If you do find it, be sure to backup the old one by moving it somewhere else on your Mac.

If you can't quite get it sorted, PM me and we can keep going that way.  :)

Edit:  Quick side-note:  if you are running on MacOS High Sierra, TS3 will simply refuse to run at all.  Origin is working on releasing a fix for this in the future.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2020, 10:33:04 PM »
Added about 120 new photos to the Community Lots section of our Official Gallery today!

Offline mandababy2003

• Nooboo
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2020, 06:00:39 PM »
I first want to say that I love that you guys have improved, upgraded and fixed Sunset Valley, it has always been and will always be my absolute favorite world! I am sad that a few of my favorite families didn't make the cut (Sekemoto, Bunch and Wan-Goddard). I did however add them myself. As time has gone by, I am starting to want more of the things the other packs have to offer, which is sadly going to take me away from this amazing redo (docking spots for house boats, downtown/city skyscraper apartments, and bigger lots for farms). But I will most certainly be back when all those things get old and I long for the nostalgia of my Sunset Valley. Thank you for taking all the time and efforts to let Sunset Valley live on!

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2020, 08:03:01 PM »
I first want to say that I love that you guys have improved, upgraded and fixed Sunset Valley, it has always been and will always be my absolute favorite world! I am sad that a few of my favorite families didn't make the cut (Sekemoto, Bunch and Wan-Goddard). I did however add them myself. As time has gone by, I am starting to want more of the things the other packs have to offer, which is sadly going to take me away from this amazing redo (docking spots for house boats, downtown/city skyscraper apartments, and bigger lots for farms). But I will most certainly be back when all those things get old and I long for the nostalgia of my Sunset Valley. Thank you for taking all the time and efforts to let Sunset Valley live on!
Unfortunately it's just not possible to pack in everything that was ever added from every Expansion Pack released.  Sunset Valley is a Small map (literally, in the classification of map sizes), and was never meant to have things like large farms on it.

Have you checked out the Terra Cot lot on the hill that Ausette did and which I revamped/expanded?  It has as much gardening capacity as any medium to large farm, and it is protected from the elements by greenhouses for year-round gardening.

The Bunch family still exists in the Vanilla version of SV2020 at 16 Maywood Lane.

Houseboats with NPC sims living on them cause massive in-game lag, so it was decided for the first two versions of SV2020 that they be left out.  We may add docks in the future, but we won't ever add a houseboat with sims on it for game start - it would be up to the player to populate the pier with their own houseboat.  Houseboat AI/pathing is just so horrible that we don't want to ruin the world's smooth running by going there.

Skyscrapers are likewise problematic for many reasons - spawning on ground floor, spawning in dead spaces trapping sims, stuck elevators, etc etc.  It's been on our list for consideration, but if added it would have to go through an extremely rigorous test before we approved it. 

Thank you for the otherwise positive feedback.  :)

Offline mandababy2003

• Nooboo
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2020, 08:51:18 PM »
Unfortunately it's just not possible to pack in everything that was ever added from every Expansion Pack released.  Sunset Valley is a Small map (literally, in the classification of map sizes), and was never meant to have things like large farms on it.

Have you checked out the Terra Cot lot on the hill that Ausette did and which I revamped/expanded?  It has as much gardening capacity as any medium to large farm, and it is protected from the elements by greenhouses for year-round gardening.

The Bunch family still exists in the Vanilla version of SV2020 at 16 Maywood Lane.

Houseboats with NPC sims living on them cause massive in-game lag, so it was decided for the first two versions of SV2020 that they be left out.  We may add docks in the future, but we won't ever add a houseboat with sims on it for game start - it would be up to the player to populate the pier with their own houseboat.  Houseboat AI/pathing is just so horrible that we don't want to ruin the world's smooth running by going there.

Skyscrapers are likewise problematic for many reasons - spawning on ground floor, spawning in dead spaces trapping sims, stuck elevators, etc etc.  It's been on our list for consideration, but if added it would have to go through an extremely rigorous test before we approved it. 

Thank you for the otherwise positive feedback.  :)

I am back to your map already lol! I went to my other sunset valley redo, that had expanded the world off to the side and added in all the things (it plays ok, but def not as smooth as yours). I always start in the same little starter house whenever I play a new family in SV (which I haven't found yet on your redo) I realized after awhile, I am still in that starter house and have yet to use any of the skyscraper apartments/clubs, or docks, or anything else for that matter, besides the basics. So I decided to come back to the simple life! I am going to go check out the lot you mentioned now actually, as my sim had started dating a girl who had a horse, so they need a bigger farm lot for it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jaga Telesin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2020, 03:30:34 AM »
Good to see you back in SV2020 mandababy!  We've been talking about v3.0 for a little bit, and are moving ahead on some new additions for it.  But it won't see the light of day for quite some time due to them being rather large and wonderful things.

So keep on enjoying v2.0!!

The Terra Cot lot doesn't have any built-in "farm style" amenities, but it's on a 60x60 lot and has extra indoor gardening that could easily be demolished for say...  a barn type structure, or even horse training.  That lot was re-designed while I was playing it back last fall, and as my sim is a gardener (among other things), he just had to have a large indoor greenhouse.  Feel free to re-vamp it however you need for your family.   :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2020, 02:38:41 AM »
It's been awhile since we launched v2.0 of SV2020, and hope everyone is happy with the new version!!

I am curious, has anyone found anything really cool on the Squatter's Summit lot?

Click image for larger view -

There's more there than you might think. Check around the lot. ;)

If you're unsure what lot I'm talking about it's up by the junkyard as you're going towards the military base.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2020, 04:10:53 AM »
By choice, I play without Seasons and Island Paradise (neither of which I own) or Into the Future (which I own but have inactive). Will that prevent me from using v2.0 of SV 2020?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2020, 05:32:23 PM »
Lots such as the resorts and dive spots from Island Paradise won't work. The festival lot won't work as well. They may still show up, but the game mechanics won't work.

Any objects from from these packs will be replaced by base game objects.

We tested the worlds while disabling different expansions. The worlds load, it's just certain expansions, for example Seasons (festival lot) may still show, but wouldn't work properly.

By choice, I play without Seasons and Island Paradise (neither of which I own) or Into the Future (which I own but have inactive). Will that prevent me from using v2.0 of SV 2020?

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2020, 09:02:28 PM »
Thanks I tried it, the lots showed up, but they didn't work.

I went through and looked at what you did - wow awesome job, loved the various Easter eggs. Though you didn't have Mr Houseguest from my Lessur Taw Immortal Dynasty attempt in either Vanilla or Chocolate, from what I could tell. :( Mrs Houseguest made it though. Also, one of the families, I think it may have been one you imported from the Supernatural world, was described as having moved to Sunset Falls rather than Sunset Valley in their description. Loved what I saw, however. :D

Thank you for your work and for sharing it with us.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2020, 10:43:39 AM »
You're welcome, Dek!!

And Thank you for the positive feedback!! :) We enjoy hearing that players like SV2020!!

We're sorry that some beloved Sims aren't in either versions of SV2020. We had to make some tough choices in that regard.

As a friendly reminder to all, if it's found a favorite Sim is missing they can be saved to the library and placed in either version of SV2020.

Thanks I tried it, the lots showed up, but they didn't work.

I went through and looked at what you did - wow awesome job, loved the various Easter eggs. Though you didn't have Mr Houseguest from my Lessur Taw Immortal Dynasty attempt in either Vanilla or Chocolate, from what I could tell. :( Mrs Houseguest made it though. Also, one of the families, I think it may have been one you imported from the Supernatural world, was described as having moved to Sunset Falls rather than Sunset Valley in their description. Loved what I saw, however. :D

Thank you for your work and for sharing it with us.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »
I added a list of Sims who are exclusive to SV2020

Exclusive Sims in SV2020 ~
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg498523#msg498523

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2020, 12:04:28 AM »
hello guys:

i thought i ought to tell you that while i love playing in this new world, it keeps crashing to the desktop. it's happened at least 3 times today and i don't get a chance to  save as before it happens. is it my fault? or maybe because there are animals running around in the town. deers and horses? is there something i can do to prevent it happening again? thanks!