Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643982 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1485 on: December 06, 2012, 11:14:04 AM »
I have a question regarding collections -- Are things that were created through the conversion ritual or use of Vladimir's cauldron allowed?

Yeah I agree with Rica. You'll note in the rules that Display Table stuff cannot count towards collections. I would lump the above into that category.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1486 on: December 07, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »
I've read over the rules for Edit Town a couple of times, but I haven't found an answer to my question. We're allowed to place new community lots that came with expansions, but does this include new venues that came with worlds (i.e., the spa with Sunlit Tides, the farmer's market with Monte Vista), or even new venues that are sold separately(like the greenhouse)?

If it's a case by case basis, I'm asking about the Farmer's Market. My original wish was to place a couple of the vegetable stands in the community property my Sim owns in Riverview; unfortunately, I can't find them (or the lemonade stand) in the Miscellaneous Entertainment Section, where they're supposed to be, or in Community Build objects. Therefore, I'd like to just add the whole venue.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1487 on: December 07, 2012, 04:41:20 PM »
Yeah it's allowed.    I had put it on the Immortal Dynasty thread but forgot to spread it around to the other two

I would also like to point out that the new venue that came out at the same time as Monte Vista is allowed.   Players can take this chance to place this lot (and only this lot) in their towns via Edit Town if they buy it.  You must do it the next time you play the file or you miss the chance to place it again in your game.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1488 on: December 08, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
The 10 items that must be left behind does the heir has to meke them himself or could her mother/father have made the 10 items?
And the new flowers do they count for these objects too?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1489 on: December 08, 2012, 08:33:16 AM »
The 10 items that must be left behind does the heir has to meke them himself or could her mother/father have made the 10 items?

It's kind of hidden at the end of the rule...

10. Heirs must leave behind 10 items (no more) of a particular type in the house. No items left can be from previous households. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to you as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 10 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each house must have a unique item type. Examples of qualifying types — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc), celebrity freebies in family inventory, etc.), wedding presents, field trip souvenirs, time travel items, paintings, photos, elixirs, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, fireflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, and any harvestables from Omni Plants. All household members from a given house can contribute towards this requirement.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1490 on: December 08, 2012, 12:16:04 PM »
There are three lots that can be changed as per the Edit Town rules for Monte Vista.   Etruscan Park, Sunlit Stride Park & The Public Pizzeria are viable choices.   However, the festival lot made for this world is meant to go over the Etruscan Park so remember that if you choose to place the festival lot. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1491 on: December 09, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
Announcement:

The Challenge Team has recently decided to make two changes to the DecaDynasty rules in an effort to help alleviate some issues that have come to our attention.  In an effort to make this challenge possibly easier to complete, it has been decided to initiate the following two changes:  the ability to change towns and allowing adventure opportunities.

A player is now given the ability to change towns twice through the entire decadynasty in an effort to avoid problems with file size or to correct technical issues.  Use these two moves at your discretion but also with caution as you only get the two and moving too early may cause your final file size to still be very large.   When moving towns, you have to do it after the heir moves to a new house.  You can then immediately save the household to the bin and move into the new town.   Only the new household is allowed to move, you are not allowed to take any buildings or townspeople with you. 

We are now allowing heirs to use three adventure opportunities as part of their BlackOps requirement.  Adventure Opportunities will count just like the other three types of ops.   They have to remain unique and if you move town and that resets your adventures/visa level, keep it in mind that you don't accidentally complete one previously completed as a BlackOp for an heir in an effort to get the house back/visa level back.  Doing so will mean failure just like it would with any other opportunity.

Any questions or concerns can be posted here or sent to the challenge team and we will try to answer them as quickly as possible like usual. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1492 on: December 09, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
Even though I probably won't try my hand at the decadynasty until much later, I feel that those rulings are fair. Thanks Challenge Team. :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1493 on: December 09, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »
I would like to thank Marian T who came to us with the suggestions.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1494 on: December 09, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »
Happy dance! Throws confetti. This is a relief -- thanks to all three of you. My Gen 4 heir has been a young adult for over a week now with no skilling ops and only one job ob. Using adventures is going to be tricky, but it will be a help when the game doesn't cooperate.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1495 on: December 12, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »
@Ricalynn:
Thank you for your quick answer.  :)
After thinking about the whole dynasty-thing for the last days, I decided for a total restart. There were some things I would change, so that's my chance.  ;)
But there is one thing that really bothers me:
All of the townies aren't breeding, there wasn't any original-townie-baby in all my files (Only the Keatons were having 2 additional boys in a file long ago).
The townies aren't going to marry, too. For example, Jared Frio and Ayesha Ansari were having a relationship for about 5 weeks or more, but they were neither married nor having a child. The pre-created pairings weren't having any children, too.
That's why I have "forced" them to breed, means I move in some mal sims and let them impregnate some women.
But that couldn't be the only way for having an original-townie-baby, or??
Are there any other possibilities to "persuade" them to breed?? ^^""

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1496 on: December 12, 2012, 01:11:08 PM »
@Ricalynn:
Thank you for your quick answer.  :)
After thinking about the whole dynasty-thing for the last days, I decided for a total restart. There were some things I would change, so that's my chance.  ;)
But there is one thing that really bothers me:
All of the townies aren't breeding, there wasn't any original-townie-baby in all my files (Only the Keatons were having 2 additional boys in a file long ago).
The townies aren't going to marry, too. For example, Jared Frio and Ayesha Ansari were having a relationship for about 5 weeks or more, but they were neither married nor having a child. The pre-created pairings weren't having any children, too.
That's why I have "forced" them to breed, means I move in some mal sims and let them impregnate some women.
But that couldn't be the only way for having an original-townie-baby, or??
Are there any other possibilities to "persuade" them to breed?? ^^""

Not available in this challenge.  Story Progression was deemed too aggressive by EA and it was mellowed a long time ago.  Ever since that moment, I haven't seen a townie baby that EA didn't have set up at the beginning of the game.  So yes you could move in males and have them meet females just remember if you move in a male - he can't ever be in your household ever again.  So you can't move into a house that he lives in if you move him out.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1497 on: December 12, 2012, 01:18:10 PM »
Ok, that's too bad.
So, I have to buy the men their own home later or something else.
But they produced some interesting children, so I will show the pictures of the children from my first attempt in the "Children born to Original Townies"-thread later. ^^

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #1498 on: December 12, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »
My sim went to China to interview a locals for an opportunity. She did, but when she came back, the opportunity disappeared. Can that please count as one of the 10? I would've completed it of it wasn't bugged.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1499 on: December 12, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »
My sim went to China to interview a locals for an opportunity. She did, but when she came back, the opportunity disappeared. Can that please count as one of the 10? I would've completed it of it wasn't bugged.

That's fine to count it.