Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651534 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1455 on: November 11, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »
(refrains from shouting) Thank Goodness! I thought it was just me when this happened! It was inevitable that some major bug like this would rear its ugly head, since EA actually changed the core of the programming and not just minor things this time. It really annoys me because now I have to ask the spouse to move in. Also, another issue has been that, in one legacy where Jon Lessen married my legacy founder, he and she kept getting stupid calls from Sims wanting to ask them out for dates even though they were married. I know this whole attraction system is going to be a big issue when Seasons is installed and we have this Love Day thing(based on Valentine's Day) but geesh! They need to fix that because all the townies are becoming stalkerish.  >:(

Actually a lot of the issues will go away if you have Seasons installed or so I'm told.  Remember for the Townie DecaDynasty, the only time you can move the spouse in is for the first time.   Every other generation has to move into the house with the spouse so with this bug, you have to use a workaround to move into your new house.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1456 on: November 13, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »
I am having aging issues with my Dynasty.  The last two times, I restarted from an earlier save and that seemed to work, but it keeps happening.  This time my 1st heir gave birth to the 2nd heir and immediately got pregnant again.  When the spare was born, the 2nd heir had 2 days left in babyhood!  The parents and animals aren't aging right either.

I had started my Dynasty in Sunlit Tides and now I have Seasons.  I was wondering if I could get permission to take my family from the previous save and move them to another town?  Maybe that will fix my aging issue and it wont be as weird as having snow in the tropics....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1457 on: November 13, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »
@Raelynn What time was the spare born? I find that if a nooboo is born at say 11:48pm, it ages into the 2nd day at midnight. Also check your lifespan settings.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1458 on: November 13, 2012, 01:22:55 PM »
Spare was born around 7pm, not sure about what time the heir was born but I think it was midday.  My settings are normal.

I bought a horse as a foal.  It arrived as an adult and aged to elder the same day.  I gave that horse up for adoption and adopted another foal.  It had 3 days until it became adult.  The puppy at that time had 2 days to become an adult.  The next day, the foal still has 3 days left and the puppy has 1....

I am tempted to just restart the whole challenge.  I really hate this because I have never finished a legacy or dynasty and was hoping this one would be it.

I clear my cache often but not every time.  Maybe I should start doing that every time I play.  I have no mods or 3rd party CC at all.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1459 on: November 13, 2012, 01:25:36 PM »
The foal aging up thing is actually really common.  You adopted the horse on it's birthday, it had one before it arrived to the house but the game forgot to register that fact and made it have it's birthday again at the normal time.

As for snow in the tropics.  It is player's choice to turn off seasons and weather for their file.  You cannot change your mind later.  It's another Set it and Forget it type deal but the settings are supposed to be by save file so it shouldn't be too bad to have seasons in one file and none in another.

I'm waiting for Metro to give his opinion on moving towns though.  As for the aging bug, it's happened to a lot of ratchie, me and simfulicious just to name three off the top of my head.   

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1460 on: November 13, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »
I'm waiting for Metro to give his opinion on moving towns though.

Moving towns just because a player wants to I am not keen on. Moving towns for a bonafide reason -- i.e. a bug fix, etc is different.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1461 on: November 13, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »
As for the aging bug, it's happened to a lot of ratchie, me and simfulicious just to name three off the top of my head.

What is a good way to deal with the aging bug?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1462 on: November 13, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »
The only way I solved the aging bug was by moving my family into another town. Some people have resolved the bug by moving the family to the clipboard then back again. I would suggest you try this first and if it doesn't work then you will have to ask Metro if you can move your family to a new town.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1463 on: November 13, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »
The only way I solved the aging bug was by moving my family into another town. Some people have resolved the bug by moving the family to the clipboard then back again. I would suggest you try this first and if it doesn't work then you will have to ask Metro if you can move your family to a new town.

Rachel

I'll go ahead and sign off on moving to a new town now, Raelynn, but I agree with Rachel that you need to try the clipboard fix first.

Offline RaeLynn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1464 on: November 13, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »
I'll go ahead and sign off on moving to a new town now, Raelynn, but I agree with Rachel that you need to try the clipboard fix first.

Well, darn.  I tried moving the family to the clipboard and back.  My former heir is pregnant with her third child.  The pregnancy is progressing but no one is aging.  I am going to move to another town.  Thank you for the permission, Metro.  Now I just need to decide which town to move to....

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1465 on: November 14, 2012, 01:07:27 PM »
Aliens are banned from all dynasties until further notice.  All pregnancies resulting from an abduction must be returned to homeworld. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1466 on: November 15, 2012, 10:30:26 AM »
My game keeps crashing within a minute of starting up. I don't know whether going back to a previous save will help as that's the file I brought in after downloading Seasons. A resetsim * gets me a couple of minutes of playtime, but then it crashes again.

I'm on the 3rd generation, so my file is already pretty large. I'd like to move the family to a different town while my heir is still a teen, but will try moving the family to a clipboard first.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1467 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »
Have you tried lowering your graphics settings or changing them to see if anything has changed with the installation?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1468 on: November 16, 2012, 06:56:48 AM »
People who have Seasons should be aware that their child heirs will have fewer days to get on the honor roll. Indeed, it might be impossible in Winter if they get any snow days. Aside from Winter, they will lose one day in each of the other seasons because of Leisure Day, Spooky Day, and Love Day. If your seasons are all 7 days long, the holiday will fall on the same day each season. (In my dynasty, it's Monday). Tutoring is going to become a must.

Edit:  Rica, the clipboard fix seems to work for now.

Other issues:  Since it's impossible to get rid of the "Omni Plants" that show up in your inventory, I'm assuming it's okay to still have them when you move. My guess is that EA will fix this, and perhaps these will turn out to be love letters that your Sim has received.

Gifts from admirers could be another type of collection, unless you think it's too easy to get them.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1469 on: November 17, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »
People who have Seasons should be aware that their child heirs will have fewer days to get on the honor roll. Indeed, it might be impossible in Winter if they get any snow days. Aside from Winter, they will lose one day in each of the other seasons because of Leisure Day, Spooky Day, and Love Day. If your seasons are all 7 days long, the holiday will fall on the same day each season. (In my dynasty, it's Monday). Tutoring is going to become a must.

Edit:  Rica, the clipboard fix seems to work for now.

Other issues:  Since it's impossible to get rid of the "Omni Plants" that show up in your inventory, I'm assuming it's okay to still have them when you move. My guess is that EA will fix this, and perhaps these will turn out to be love letters that your Sim has received.

Gifts from admirers could be another type of collection, unless you think it's too easy to get them.

Yes please keep in mind when you set your seasons the first time that snow days and holidays now come into effect and can change the school schedule so for children who only have 5 days to get on honor roll and need four, be prepared with a solution.  It's all about strategy and once you've chosen your Seasons settings you are not allowed to change them. 

The stuck gifts are fine until there is a solution to get rid of them.  We understand it's a game bug that is making you take them with you. 

The Challenge Board team has finally been able to spend some time looking over all of the data that involves aliens.  Our final decision is that all abduction pregnancies must be sent home and cannot become part of the family ever.  The choice becomes available at the birth of the child of how to handle and the choice is always going to be "Send to Homeworld" or as I like to say return to sender.  Abduction pregnancies cannot be heirs because they break the bloodline which is essential in all dynasties.   However, Aliens are allowed to become part of the household.  After an alien is in the household, having an alien baby is possible.   

Special Note for Townie DecaDynasty players: Some of you may be thinking that this means you'll never get an alien in your household.    While normally I wouldn't tell anyone how to play, I just thought I'd suggest that if you really want an alien heir, the legitimate way to do it would be to get the current heir to be friends or better with an alien before they move into the next house.  Then invite the alien over and have them join the household within the first week of having moved in.   All heirs must come from two sims that live in the household trying for baby so the alien has to be a controlled party for the heir to be legitimate and for your HOF status to remain active.