Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643420 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #300 on: June 09, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »
OK, now I am confused.  Can my heir count his brother as a best friend?

Yes. All you have to do at moving time for an heir is count up Best Friends for all household members. Don't worry about whether or not Best Friends are related.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #301 on: June 09, 2011, 08:52:15 AM »
Yes. All you have to do at moving time for an heir is count up Best Friends for all household members. Don't worry about whether or not Best Friends are related.

Great, Thanks!
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #302 on: June 09, 2011, 08:32:50 PM »
That's like the only rule that I got immediately and it seems its being turned into an cryptic mission. 10 BEST friends total per house hold before hier moves out. And 10 NPC friends. NPC can be best friends and can count towards 10 BFF's. I think I got that right?

As for my DecaDynasty. I have only managed to get through the 1st day. I've been so tired with work. How often to people post their stories. Should I be doing it daily?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #303 on: June 09, 2011, 08:38:31 PM »
How often to people post their stories. Should I be doing it daily?

Obviously, that's a personal choice. It's not a race. I have not posted in quite a while because I've been catching up with challenge stuff. I just finished the Photography event, but now I need to dive into Baby Boomer.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2011, 12:16:17 AM »
As for my DecaDynasty. I have only managed to get through the 1st day. I've been so tired with work. How often to people post their stories. Should I be doing it daily?

Posting a story is entire voluntary.  You have no obligation to post anything at all if you just want to play your game in peace.  If you do choose to share it, just post whenever you feel like it.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2011, 02:45:32 AM »
I do mine when I want to play them because I have two other main stories which have been going for longer and I like those families more.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2011, 12:40:56 PM »
The NPC friendship requirement and all other requirements need to be true at moving time.

The way that I read this rule was that you only need to attain friend status - once you have completed that you are free to let the friendship decay.  Could you clarify this in the rules please?  Just in case anyone else reads it the same way (although it was probably just me :D).   Thanks.
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
The way that I read this rule was that you only need to attain friend status - once you have completed that you are free to let the friendship decay.  Could you clarify this in the rules please?  Just in case anyone else reads it the same way (although it was probably just me :D).   Thanks.

You know you're right. The NPC one is not clear compared to the Best Friend rule...

3. The household must have 10 different Best Friends at moving time.

I'll make the edit now. Thank you.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »
Thanks Metro!

Sorry to be a pest, but did you make a decision on the Imaginary Friend?  (If you did I can't find it, sorry) Are we allow to make them real and let them take up a slot in the Household or not?  (I'm referring to Additional Rules #2).  Thanks again :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2011, 01:09:09 PM »
Thanks Metro!

Sorry to be a pest, but did you make a decision on the Imaginary Friend?  (If you did I can't find it, sorry) Are we allow to make them real and let them take up a slot in the Household or not?  (I'm referring to Additional Rules #2).  Thanks again :)

I'm embarrassed to admit, but I cannot remember myself. Lol. A strict interpretation on that rule leads me to believe that I would say no.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #310 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:10 PM »
I'm embarrassed to admit, but I cannot remember myself. Lol. A strict interpretation on that rule leads me to believe that I would say no.

I am not sure why you wouldn't allow it if you are allowing adoption.  I made mine real and she ages just like everyone else (Her age is tied to the child who's imaginary friend she was).  She is currently married to one of the brothers and will be moving out as soon as he grows enough life fruit for the heir's Simbot opportunity.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: June 10, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »
I am not sure why you wouldn't allow it if you are allowing adoption.  I made mine real and she ages just like everyone else (Her age is tied to the child who's imaginary friend she was).  She is currently married to one of the brothers and will be moving out as soon as he grows enough life fruit for the heir's Simbot opportunity.

Okay, fine by me. It makes sense. I will make the Imaginary Friend clear in the rules. Sorry for the flip-flopping.

---------

EDIT: I ended up rewriting that rule and also allowing household members to be ghosts. Given all the testing that Chronic did in the Immortal Dynasty, he convinced me that there is absolutely no lifespan differences with ghosts. Others have also confirmed this. Here's the rule now:

2. No household member can be a vampire, mummy, or SimBot. However, Imaginary Friends are allowed to become household members. You're also allowed to have ghosts as household members.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #312 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:32 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.  My first heir is getting close to making his first move, hopefully one more game week he will be ready to go. 

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #313 on: June 10, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »
oh my. that is awesome you are going to allow ghosts in the challenges. That is going to make some interesting stories.  :o

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2011, 03:33:53 AM »
Yay! Finally Erik can woohoo with Agnes! Hallelujah, another nooboo on the way! :D Thanks so much, Metro.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa