Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643409 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #525 on: August 26, 2011, 08:49:08 PM »
This Dynasty should not be an issue at all. Rule #2 already covers things nicely. With the Immortal Dynasty I need to edit the ruleset for a specific starting lot. samo gave me that information.

You might want to add that we can use edit town to put in the book corral at the library.  It currently just says that Bridgeport and Twinbrook players can do that.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #526 on: August 26, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »
You might want to add that we can use edit town to put in the book corral at the library.  It currently just says that Bridgeport and Twinbrook players can do that.

Thank you, I just did. :)

Also, after samo gets back to me this weekend with specifics on the Hidden Springs fountain I will edit rule #1 under Additional Restrictions to include any life extending benefits of the fountain. Aside from that, I'm not sure if the new town needs any other attention in the rules. (Thanks for your assistance, samo)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #527 on: August 27, 2011, 04:26:42 AM »
You're welcome Metro.  :)

EDIT: Forgot to say this but HS is going to have one bug for sure, the one where Townies spawn loads of cars (Is it normally big lemons) because on almost every Community in HS there are about 6 Parking Spaces including Rabbit Holes.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #528 on: August 28, 2011, 06:11:37 PM »
I have been hit by an aging bug again. Cassidy was two days from adulthood and she reset back to the begining of young adulthood. Hector aged up to elder with no problems but he started of as an adult. I have been checking the newspaper and Elderly Sims are passing away and babies are being born.Toddlers,children and teens appear to be aging as normal. It looks like it might just affect young adults.
Would it be allowed for me to go to edit town and see if any of the other townies are affected.

Rachel

Edit:Ignore me my brain hurts Cassidy had aged up to adult without me realising and was at the begining of adulthood. I think I might need to take a break from playing.
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #529 on: August 28, 2011, 06:41:48 PM »
Edit:Ignore me my brain hurts Cassidy had aged up to adult without me realising and was at the begining of adulthood. I think I might need to take a break from playing.

You and your brain pain are hereby ignored.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #530 on: August 31, 2011, 07:44:27 AM »
So just to double check -- heirs -don't- have to have completed a unique LTW to move, correct?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #531 on: August 31, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »
So just to double check -- heirs -don't- have to have completed a unique LTW to move, correct?

It doesn't say that they have to complete their LTW in the rules so I would say that your heir can move without completing their lifetime wish.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #532 on: August 31, 2011, 01:18:21 PM »
It doesn't say that they have to complete their LTW in the rules so I would say that your heir can move without completing their lifetime wish.

Rachel

Really? I've read the rules like 10 times, and thanks to the Immortal Dynasty, I just always assumed the wish had to be completed! But you're right! Just had to read it an eleventh time. ;)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #533 on: August 31, 2011, 01:41:03 PM »
It kind of makes sense that you don't have to complete a LTW before moving. A few LTW would be very difficult to achieve before moving gold digger and raise five children spring to mind.

Rachel

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #534 on: August 31, 2011, 02:48:13 PM »
Really? I've read the rules like 10 times, and thanks to the Immortal Dynasty, I just always assumed the wish had to be completed! But you're right! Just had to read it an eleventh time. ;)

That's why I wanted to double check -- I was thinking of the Immortal Dynasty too. :)

Offline icrawbeans

• Nooboo
« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
I'm hoping you haven't answered this already, but if we started the challenege in one place and we get HS, can we move to a new file?  If I save the family and the house they are in?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »
I'm hoping you haven't answered this already, but if we started the challenege in one place and we get HS, can we move to a new file?  If I save the family and the house they are in?

Nope. That's not an approved use of Edit Town.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #537 on: September 03, 2011, 10:57:35 PM »
Just to double check, NPC's are totally out of the question for marriage, since they don't really have a house, right?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: September 04, 2011, 12:55:36 AM »
Just to double check, NPC's are totally out of the question for marriage, since they don't really have a house, right?

There's probably some convoluted way to get moved to a new house and marry an NPC as completely separate actions, but it would be nearly impossible unless a townie invites you to move in.  There are plenty of townies to marry without considering an NPC.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #539 on: September 04, 2011, 01:20:16 PM »
There's probably some convoluted way to get moved to a new house and marry an NPC as completely separate actions, but it would be nearly impossible unless a townie invites you to move in.  There are plenty of townies to marry without considering an NPC.

Pam's right. There are definitely enough townies to consider. But if you were dead-set on marrying an NPC (say, for genetic reasons) you'd have to first marry a townie to move into their new house, then divorce/"Break Up" with them.  Then you can marry that NPC and have him/her move in with you. The ex-spouse will still live there, I think, but you can move him/her out. And in the end, you would still technically be in a new townie home, but you could still be with the NPC.

anything