Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57591 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Chapter List

Immortal Dynasty Stats
Click the link above for a family tree and details about each dynasty member.

Introduction: Meet the Nishijimas

Generation 1 : Jibber-Jabber from Jaylah

Generation 2 : Thus Spake Satoshizustra

Generation 3a: Denzel and Naomi
Generation 3b: Naomi's Nattering

Generation 4a: More Twins--Minoru and Tetsuji
Generation 4b: Cali Coughs Up the Dirt

Generation 5a: Seimei Sez
Generation 5b: Tetsuji Tattles

Generation 6a: Koetsu Tiem
Generation 6b: Koetsu's Krush(es) and a Birthday Bash
Generation 6c: Tent Tribulations and a New Love

Generation 7a: A New Life and the Fifth Immortal
Generation 7b: Skillaxin' with Nanami
Generation 7c: Have Party, Will Travel (Feb 13)
Generation 7d: What's Love Got to Do with It? (Feb 14)
Generation 7e: The Eighth Heir, Fab Abs, and Sixth Immortal (Feb 15)

Generation 8a: Aspiring to (Childish) Greatness (Feb 19)
Generation 8b: Takao, Child Champion (Feb 21)
Generation 8c: Even with a Dad Like Chad (Feb 22)
Generation 8d: Taking out the T (Feb 27)
Generation 8e: Nanami Quits!!! (Feb 28)
Generation 8f: Grilled Cheese or Girlfriend? (Mar 5)

Just Waiting 01: How Romantic is Your Cereal? (Mar 6)
Just Waiting 02: The Seventh Immortal (Mar 12 update)
Just Waiting 03: A Father and His Fishing Fiends (Mar 16 update)
Just Waiting 04: Now an Adult, Not a Dolt! (Mar 20 update)
Still Waiting 05: Just Some Fam Spam (Mar 22 update)
No More Waiting: Farewell! (Mar 24)

Introduction: Meet the Nishijimas

Oh look!  Can you see those two people way down there?  They look like they're talking about something. 
Go check it out!

What are they saying, you ask?
You're going to have to wait a sec. As the Watcher, I'm having a few technical difficulties figuring out how to post images here via Imgur.
In fact, while I was trying to post the first image, it got 3 downvotes.   :'(
Hold on, looks like you can get closer now. Maybe you can hear something...

Osamu: Hey, can you believe it? Our Watcher is finally going to try and post our story!  Cool, right?
Elisha:  Oh, you mean a story about the Nishijima Immortal Dynasty?  The one that I helped you start?

Osamu: Well, yeah.  I'm so excited!!!  And maybe the Watcher even thinks she can finish this one.  This is, after all, her ninth try. 
I'm getting a bit tired of going back and forth from the bin, you know.
Elisha: So what took her so long?
Osamu: First, she wanted to play in her free time instead of narrating her gameplay.
But lately, she's been enjoying the stories of other forum members so much that she thought she'd do one, too.
To share, though she's not much of a storyteller or photographer, if you ask me.  Her builds aren't so great, either.
Hmmm, I'm starting to understand why she hasn't posted a story up to now.
Also, she's been having to reinstall her game alot and recently learned that a lot of her earlier screenshots are gone (overwritten). 
Seems she's figured out a way to get around that somehow, though there aren't many pictures left from the first three generations. 

Anyway, tell me you aren't way excited, too!

Elisha: You've got to be kidding me!  You mean the Watcher's lost all those pictures from when I was young and irresistiible? I'm an old lady now, remember. 
I would have liked the readers to see the images of my youthful hotness, our wild and wayward courtship, the extravagant wedding, and so much more. *sniffle, sniffle
Osamu: Awww, sweetheart! You may be an elder now, but just look at you!  You still got it goin' on. *winks
Elisha: Well, I guess maxing the Bodybuilder career (not aspiration) did have some benefits.  *flaunts body
Osamu: So, let's get started...

How do you do, reader.
My name is Osamu Nishijima and I'm the founder of this dynasty.
What? What kind of name is that?  It's Japanese. You can't pronounce it?  Okay, I'll explain...
If you speak Spanish or Italian, you're in luck because they share the same five vowel sounds--a, i, u, e, o.
If not, the vowels aren't hard to pronounce correctly: "a" as in "hula"; "i" as in "meat"; "u" as in "hula"; "e" as in "red"; and "o" as in "mohawk."
Don't forget: the vowels are all short, unless the letter "u" is added to indicate a long vowel, llike "Toukyou."

What did you just say?  You thought that explanation was boring and totally unnecessary? 
Uh, okay. But I really prefer that people don't pronounce my name wrong.  And see? The watcher feels the same way.

So that was a little tiring, huh?  But not to fear...the Nishijima Dynasty doesn't have a complex backstory, just hard-to-pronounce names of heirs.
Images will be scarce for the first three generations only. Still, we will only be covering the highlights for subsequent generations, except when we don't.
More to come... <3

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 10:32:45 AM »
Immortal Dynasty Stats
Acknowledgement: I have followed the formatting of @Playalot for the statistics of the Nishijima Dynasty.

The Nishijima Family Tree

The image beneath each dynasty member's stats show the portraits of the immortal and the immortal's spouse in the Dynasty Museum, some wall hanging or object associated with their completed careers or aspirations, and the immortal's museum pieces.

Founder:
Osamu Nishijima, Immortal (332 days old)

Traits: Loves Outdoors, Cheerful, Creative
* Career: Author L10
* Aspiration 1: Bestselling Author (completed)
   Aspiration 2: Big Happy Family (completed)
* Skill 1: Writing L10
   Skill 2: Painting L10
   Skill 3: Fitness L10
* Rewards: Frugal, Free Services, Fertile, Sleep Replacement Potion
* Gold-Medal Social Events:Date, Dinner Party, Adult Birthday (self), House Party, Incognito Party
* Friends: Best friend/Liberty Lee; Good friends/Denzel Goth, Zayne Lee, Regina Goth, Hudson Spencer-Kim, and Anna Spencer-Kim.
* Whims: Finish writing a book (Inspired); Embrace Elisha (flirty); Water with tears (Sad); Show off muscles (Confident);
   Tell a self-deprecating joke (Embarrassed); Use the observatory (Focused); Do sit-ups (Energized)

* Spouse: Elisha Correa (L10 Bodybuilder)
* Museum Items: Camping mascot sculptures x 8 = $4,463; $4,300; $4,100; $4,100; $4,032; $3,846; $3,785; $3,7345 [total value: $32,371]

Generation 2
Satoshi Nishijima - Immortal (265 days old)

Traits: Genius, Loves Outdoors, Insider
Childhood Aspiration: Yes; Whiz Kid, Rambunctious Scamp, Artistic Prodigy, Social Butterfly (all L10)
School Grade: A
High School Grade: A
*  Career: Scientist L10
*  Aspiration1: Leader of the Pack (completed)
   Aspiration 2: Angler Ace (completed)
*  Skill 1: Charisma L10
    Skill 2: Violin L10
    Skill 3: Handiness L10
* Rewards: Night Owl, Mentor, Carefree, Focused Potion
* Gold-Medal Social Events: YA Birthday (self); Date; Wedding; Dinner Party; Weenie Roast
* Friends: Best friend/Caroline Wing; Good friends/Margarite Wing, Brennan Faust, Invention Constructor, Yuki Behr, and Sofia Bjergsen.
* Whims: Take a bath (Tense); Hide in bed (Embarrassed); Talk about dreams (Inspired); Tell an unbelievable tale (Confident);
   Play chess (Focused); Do push-ups (Energized); Hug someone (Flirty)

* Spouse: Elise Otero (L10 Doctor)
* Museum Items: Electroflux Wormhole Generator x 10 @ $1,400 (total value: $14,000)

Generation 3
Naomi Nishijima – Immortal (232 days old)

Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Foodie
Childhood Aspiration: Yes; Whiz Kid, Rambunctious Scamp, Artistic Prodigy, Social Butterfly (all L10)
*  Career: Mixologist L10
* Aspiration1: Master Mixologist (completed)
    Aspiration 2: Master Chef (completed)
*  Skill 1: Charisma  L10
    Skill 2: Logic L10
    Skill 3: Mixology L10
* Rewards: Morning Sim, Grill Master, Speed Cleaner, Inspired Potion
* Gold-Medal Social Events: Adult Birthday (Satoshi), Dinner Party, House Party, Date, Wedding
* Friends: Best friend/Yuta Tamamori; Good friends/Finnegan Bjergsen, Alex Behr, Sawyer Hite, Adriel Mitchell,  and Shauna Wing.
* Whims: Talk about dreams (Inspired), Practice pick-up lines in mirror (Confident), Send a happy text (Happy),
   Observe sky with the telescope (Focused), Go for a jog (Energized), Kiss someone (Flirty), Water with tears (Sad)

* Spouse: Denzel Goth (L10 Diamond Agent)
* Museum Items: Ambrosia x 10 - $18,445; $18,189; $17,500; $17,286; $17,208; $17,175; $16,906; $16,878; $16,760; $16,223 [total value = $172,570]

Generation 4
Minoru Nishijima -Immortal (200 days old)

Traits: Genius, Geek, Loves Outdoors
*  Career: Start-up Entrepreneur L10
* Aspiration1: Freelance Botanist (completed)
    Aspiration 2: Computer Whiz (completed)
*  Skill 1: Logic L10
    Skill 3: Gardening L10
* Rewards: Always Welcome, Antiseptic, Super Green Thumb, Instant Hygiene
* Gold-Medal Social Events: YA Birthday Party (Minoru & Tetsuji), Date, Wedding, House Party, Venue Party (Dinner party at Shrieking Llama Bar)
* Friends: Best friend/Otis Spencer-Kim; Good friends/Jayme Behr, Freddie Pyle, Martina Spencer-Kim, Carlie Goth, and Chad Spencer-Kim.
* Whims: Observe sky with telescope (Focused), Find a collectible (Bored), Watch comedy on TV (Playful), Talk about dreams (Inspired),
   Take a bath with soak (Tense), Meet someone new (Happy), Tell an unbelievable story (Confident)

* Spouse: Cali Halcom (L10 Interstellar Smuggler)
* Museum Items: Bestseller Video Gaming Skill Books x 10 - Cheesing That Boss for Platinum $1,458; Geeks Unite! $1,252; Gaming in the Post-Video Era $1,207;
   Sterkenberg Cranach's Atelier   $1,188; Guide for Min/Maxers $1,030; What Real Life? $972; Strategies for Chaos Mode $770;8-Bit Graphics Nostalgia  $750;
   Virtual Reality for Noobs $750; Step Aside, Noobs! $750 [total value = $10,127]

Generation 5
Seimei Nishijima - Immortal (166 days old)

Traits: Cheerful, Genius, Dance Machine
Childhood Aspiration: Yes; Artistic Prodigy, Social Butterfly, Rambunctious Scamp, Whiz Kid (all L10)
*  Career: Oracle L10
* Aspiration1: Master of Mischief (completed)
    Aspiration 2: Party Animal (completed)
    Skill 2: Charisma L10
    Skill 3: Mischief L10
* Rewards: Independent, Speed Reader, Instant Fun, Insta-Lean
* Gold-Medal Social Events: Adult Birthday Party (Minoru & Tetsuji), Dinner Party, House Party, Date, Venue Party (Incognito Party @ Bjergsens)
* Friends: Best friend/Kelsi Bjergsen; Good friends; Corinne McAlister, Branden Shipman, Luz Bermudez, Jocelyn Soto, and George Woodward.
* Whims: Tell an unbelievable story (Confident), Play chess (Focused), Tell a joke (Happy), Do push-ups (Energized),
   Watch comedy on TV (Playful), Work on writing a song (Inspired), Tell self-deprecating joke (Embarrassed)

* Spouse: Anastasia Behr (Angel Investor)
* Museum Items: Crystal Palace (microscope print) x 10 @ $485 [total value = $4,850]

Generation 6
Koetsu Nishijima - Immortal (134 days old)

Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Neat
Childhood Aspiration: Yes; Whiz Kid, Social Butterfly, Artistic Prodigy, Rambunctious Scamp (all L10)
*  Career: Painter of the Real L10
* Aspiration1: Painter Extraordinaire (completed)
   Aspiration 2: Nerd Brain (completed)
    Skill 3: Painting L10
* Rewards: Creative Visionary, Happy potion, Insta-Large, Moodlet Solver
* Gold-Medal Social Events: Elder Birthday (mother Anastasia), Dinner Party, Incognito Party, Date, Wedding
* Friends: Best Friend/Rosemary Mueller; Good Friends: Martina McAlister, Jocelyn Soto, Desirae Caliente, Nicholas Herring, and Jennifer Caliente.
* Whims: Meet someone new (Confident); Tell a joke (Happy); Play a video game (Focused); Work on writing a song (Inspired);
   Cannonball into pool (Energized); Tell a joke (Playful); Kiss someone (Flirty).

* Spouse: Brooke Wang
* Museum Items: Masterpiece paintings x 10 - $13,124; $11,268; $10,792; $10,437; $10,094; $10,070; $9,697; $9,371; $9,358; $9,235 [total value: $103,446]

Generation 7
Nanami Nishijima - Immortal (99 days old)

Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Genius
Childhood Aspiration: Yes; Rambunctious Scamp, Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy, Social Butterfly (all L10)
*  Career: Detective L10
* Aspiration1: Friend of the World (completed)
    Aspiration 2: Joke Star (completed)
    Skill 3: Piano L10
* Rewards: Observant, Great Storyteller, Professional Slacker, Flirty Potion
* Gold-Medal Social Events: Dinner Party, Incognito Party, Spooky Party, Venue Party (Dinner party at the McAlisters), Young Adult Birthday Party (self). [done]
* Friends: Best Friend/Maximillian McAlister; Good Friends: Hudson Soto, Rocky McAlister, Ariella Clarke, Bria Dougherty, and Max Hilliard.
* Whims: Talk about dreams with someone (Inspired), Make a friend (Confident), Send a happy text (Happy), Read something (Focused),
   Hip bump someone (Energized), Play in a puddle (Playful), Sauna woohoo (Flirty). [done]

* Spouse: Chad Goth
* Museum Items: Comedy books: $1,554; $1,240; $1,070; $984; $896; $847; $750; $750; $750; $750 [total value: $9,591]

Generation 8
Takao Nishijima - Immortal (67 days old)

Traits: Creative, Music Lover, Family-Oriented
Childhood Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp, Social Butterfly, Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy (all L10)
*  Career: Musician Level 10
* Aspiration1: Musical Genius (completed)
    Aspiration 2: Serial Romantic (completed)
    Skill 3: Charisma L10
* Rewards: Gym Rat, Beguiling, Shameless, Confident potion
* Gold-Medal Social Events: Venue party (House party @ Goths), Birthday party (for Adult Nanami), Dinner party, Incognito Party, Date (with Stephanie Holiday) [done].
* Friends: Best friend/Bowen Clarke; Good friends/Yasmine Hunt, Stephanie Holiday, Malcolm Bruner, Garrett Holiday, and Linda Finley.
* Whims: Play Chess (Focused), Take a shower (Angry), Send a playful text (Playful), Gather a collectible (Bored), Talk about dreams (Inspired),
   Tell a joke (Happy), Cannonball into pool (Energized). [done]

* Spouse: Stephanie Holiday
* Museum Items: Battle Stars (Space prints) x 10 [total value = $4,950]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty (Intro)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 11:41:08 AM »
Can't wait!!!! And so right about the elder hotness!

Edited to add: um, I hope you were kidding about the Bodybuilder aspiration! It's banned for all household members according to the rules on the first post of the Immortal Dynasty Challenge  :'(
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:56:07 AM »
Glad you're posting a story ^-^ Can't wait to find out more about these two.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 12:13:57 PM »
This looks fun, and I very much appreciated the explanation of vowel sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 02:49:59 PM »
Very excited to meet your sims! So sorry you lost your early screenshots. Thankfully, though, we have been able to met Elisha!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty (Generation 1)
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »
Generation 1: Jibber-Jabber from Jaylah

Hey there, I am the Watcher of the Nishijima Dynasty.
I just came out of a long discussion with the household, because we’ve been trying to agree on who would narrate the first chapter. We finally decided to have Jaylah Kuhn start our story.

Hello, my name is Jaylah Kuhn. While fishing at Magnolia Blossom Park one afternoon, I met Osamu who convinced me to move into his growing household.
I think he liked my Level 10 fishing skill. I mostly fish and garden there.  And now I get to wear blouses with frills and pink shorts, instead of those awful green overalls and rubber boots.
If only I had my own bedroom...

Because I’m a loner, I tend to sit off to the side while everyone else in the house leaps into the thick of things.
This makes me more observant, I believe (although I don’t have the Observant trait). And that’s why I wanted to be the first to tell you a little bit about the Nishijima household.

The founder, Osamu, loves the outdoors so it’s no surprise that he chose Oakenstead to start his dynasty.
Apparently, Oakenstead has been the site of our Watcher’s previous dynasty attempts as well.  This has allowed her to try out different approaches, like moving in the Roomies, the Vivien Lewis/Dennis Kim combo, a group of homeless townies plus Don Lothario as populator, and so forth.
I’ll explain Osamu’s current strategy as I introduce all the members of the household.

Below, you can see Enrique Naranja right after he broken open the seal to the Forgotten Grotto in Desert Bloom Park.
I never had the pleasure of meeting the man myself, but I hear he was already an elder gardener when he moved in.
I admire the man for working so hard during the last week of his life! Not only did he level Handiness from zero to 10 and gain access to Forgotten Grotto for the household,
but he also mentored Osamu in Handiness so that someone in the household could mentor the skill after Enrique’s demise.  His dedication to the dynasty should always remembered.

And before me, there lived here another fisherwoman who wrote Osamu’s Book of Life, but we couldn't find any photos of her so here's another one of me.
On a day when the whole family is at the park, socializing, I get a tense mood from being around so many people and have to go off to sit alone. 
From here, I can watch the rest of the household as they enjoy the day.

Here's a lovely photo of the founder's wife, Elisha, who you met briefly earlier.
After asking her to mentor him at the gym, Osamu swept Elisha off her feet.   Despite being an art lover and cheerful, though, she also has the evil trait.
But he finally decided Elisha would be the one…she would make a great contribution to the Nishijima gene pool, and her having maxed Fitness would be an asset as well. 
When she moved in, Osamu was astonished to note that she had reached Ms. Solar System (Level 10) in the BodyBuilder career.

Here’s the happy couple playing chess at the park. Actually, she is usually very classy.  Most of the time, I'd completely forget that she had the Evil trait.
I don’t remember ever seeing her do that maniacal cackling thing.

Oh, but when she gets jealous or angry, you can virtually see the steam blowing out of her ears! 
Nobody wants to be around her when she’s mad… (Uh, Osamu, did she catch you cheating or is she just a sore loser?)

Art lover, bro, and ambitious, Darien MacFarland is just relaxing at the fish pond.  Here, he doesn't at all seem like the town heartthrob he is. 
The task of mellow MacFarland is to ensure that none of the initial households in the world die out.
Everyday, he risks life and limb in his efforts to add yet another infant girl to the population.  Moreover, his paintings contribute significantly to the household income. 
More on him later.

Donnie Bertrand, shown below, has a heart of gold but is also the resident photo-bomber.
Whenever the Watcher gets a shot arranged just right, Donnie will arrive on the scene, obstructing the view and generally spoiling the setting.
Why, Donnie, why? 
A Master Chef, Donnie has been responsible for preparing a reserve of ambrosia while Osamu works on supporting the household and levelling other skills.
At first, Donnie also was encouraged to do a little populating, but the ladies just weren’t into him that much. Don’t quit your day job, Donnie!

At this point, Satoshi – the son of Osamu and Elisha – and Neil – my adopted son -- are both children. 
It’s nice for both of the boys to have a housemate of the same age. You’ll hear more about them next time. Thanks for reading.

A huuuugge thank-you to @MrsFlynn!!!  In reply to my S.O.S., she generously sent me chapter links for my first few chapters (which I then copied to the first post) and then directed me to a  link with further instructions.  Thanks so much!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 08:44:43 PM »
Generation 2: Thus Spake Satoshizustra

Satoshi here.  I’m a grade schooler who’s just a week away from becoming a teenager. 
I’m done with all the childhood aspirations, so the Watcher said I could talk with you all today.
Lately, I’ve been thinking about which skills to level over the next week. Pops blew it recently and completed the Renaissance Sim aspiration by mistake. 
We all groaned and prepared for yet another exile.  But wait!  Thanks to the new Get Together Expansion pack, there’s a new aspiration called Leader of the Pack. 
So we decided to make Renaissance Sim a “shared” aspiration.  Now, which skills should I start boosting toward level 8 to prepare for becoming a teen?  Hmmmmm….

Oh right, you haven’t seen me yet.  Here I am with my boy Noel Kuhn, doing our club’s secret handshake.  That's me on the left with the longer hair.
Several days after I aged up to a kid, that nice lady Jaylah adopted Noel and brought him home. 
I asked Dad if Noel lived with us because he was like my brother, but Dad muttered something about needing an “unrelated male” living in the house for the dynasty’s sake. 
What did he mean by that?

Noel and I, we are very tight.  We do almost everything together, homework, fishing, gaming, catching frogs, playing on our spaceship at home, watching TV.
It’s great to have someone my age in the house!  Seriously.

Today at the park we met our next-door neighbor, Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis.  What a long name! 
She came to play with us on the pirate ship when we invited her, but she wasn’t that talkative. 
We just couldn’t keep a convo going with her at all. Oh well.  (Again, that's Noel in front.)

Noel’s mom, Jaylah, called him over so he left to go chat with her.  She’s not a very sociable person, but you can tell she really loves Noel.
I’ve got it good, too.  At home, every time I turn around, some adult wants to help me skill up. 
That’s because I’m the dynasty “air” or something. What does that even mean?  How can I be the air when I’m a human being? 
Maybe I’ll learn the answer to that next week when I start high school.

So, I was trying to be neighborly and play on the pirate ship with Oilivia when this creepy guy came over and just stood there watching us. 
At first, I thought he was trying to decide whether to play the monster or not.  But then, when I went to talk to him, I realized he was flirty. 
What the heck was up with that?  Creepster!

To keep him away from Olivia, I called Dad over and then poured on the ole Satoshi charm to distract the flirty guy.
Between the two of us, Noel is actually more sociable, but I did my best to protect Olivia.  C’mon admit it.  I’m too cute, right?  Okay, okay, enough about me. 

Whirrr, whirr, whirr (sound of fast-forwarding)
10 days have passed since then.  Neil and I are both teens now.  It’s Sunday and I believe we’ll max our Manual Laborer job today. 
Renaissance Sim, here we come!  The photo below shows teenage Noel leaving for work!

Oops, I (we?) almost forgot that I work today, too. 
There’s a variety of part-time jobs for teens, but our Watcher prefers Manual Laborer.
If we can get Gardening to level 4 by Friday evening, Manual Laborer can be maxed over the weekend. 
So much better than working two hours every weekday before school or four hours every weeknight.  Don’t you agree?
And anyway, as the household gets fuller, the Watcher has a harder time getting everyone to wherever they have to go on time.

And now allow me to complain a bit about our home.
Here’s the first floor, where we spend most of our time. That’s my bedroom on right side. I’m the only one that doesn’t sleep on the second floor,
so I’ll spend more time being productive and less time going up and down the stairs.
Thanks to Enrique Naranja, our garden plants are all really close to perfect, even though the garden space doesn’t look like much now.

The Watcher doesn’t think the floor plan is very efficient right now. 
She didn't even really want to share it because it's such a lazy build (or non-build, if you will), but live and learn, right?
It goes through substantial change over the next few generations.  Haha, it could only get better (cuz it can't get any worse).

Can you believe that I am already a teenager and the household has some $350,000 liquid, yet some walls of the second floor are still completely bare!
The Watcher is just lazy.  Look at that little room on the bottom left where the three helpers sleep.  Jaylah doesn’t even get her own room!
But Darien gets his own red room (bottom right) because he’s the polluter or something like that.
The Watcher can't decide what to do about the sleeping quarters anymore. With the Never Weary reward trait, Moodlet Solvers, and the Rally the Troops club perk, we sims spend less and less time sleeping on the second floor....  But enough grief about our living quarters.

Did you hear that I’ve started learning to DJ? Dad got us a big home system and I got a portable one for my birthday recently, too. 
Well, here I’m just practicing in the backyard but you should see me at da club!  It's rough being a dynasty heir, though. (Yeah, I found out what that word means.) 
I get invitations to ditch school, visit the homes of classmates, and go party all the time. 
But in our household, we tend to keep our noses to the grindstone until we've completed all the immortality requirements except for friends and turning elderly.
The other day, we were all at a fantastic party and decided to skip work.  That one evening of fun set us back for promotions for days.

You know that Mrs. Bella Goth is married to Mr. Mortimer Goth, right?  Well, I overheard Mom saying to Jaylah that Darien is the father to Bella Goth’s twins.
Is that why he’s called the Polluter?  The top picture shows Darien and his sons watching TV in our living room. 
The boy on the left is Denzel Goth and the boy on the right is Jamaal.  Hahaha, all three of them have droopy eyebrows! 

Behold, Darien, Denzel (left), and Jamaal (right) with mother Bella. Isn’t her dress a size too small?
If Mom walked around like that in the afternoon, I bet Dad would tell her to change….
Well, I guess Bella’s husband wouldn’t know since he works late as a Mixologist in the Rattlesnake Juice Bar.  Did he quit his job as a writer?

Yeah, so now that Noel and I are teens, the adults are all getting older, too.  Did you know that Mom is an elder already even though Dad’s still a young adult?
How much older than him is she?  When Darien didn’t think I could hear, he told Donnie that Mom was a leopard or something like that. Because she’s fast?  Rawwrrr?

Note 1: Inspired by photos by @Joria of the incredible Thymes wedding, I tried staging and photographing a lavish wedding party for the female Gen3 heir.
Sadly, I don't have a single image left. I did save the family to the library, though, so I'll shoot some images for story purposes without touching my current dynasty file. 
Note 2: My apologies for such a yawn-inducing storyline. I've realized that I'm actually just documenting my gameplay rather than weaving an immersive narrative experience.
Without the images, I can only convey a sense of who's in the household and why. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 11:04:39 PM »
That is NOT, I say again, NOT, a yawn inducing story line!  I enjoyed the read, enjoyed learning about the family and even about the woes of complaining about the house.  There were even a few chuckles, and since I have zero sense of humor, (except for slapstick), that says a lot.  You were funny!  Your house isn't all that bad.  Pull out your favorite colors and add a bit of color to the walls and/or floors, maybe do some enlarging of objects and voila.  The last rooms I usually work on are the bedrooms for the same reasons you haven't done much with yours, namely, the Sims rarely need to be in there.  Pull on your own heritage and add a few Japanese touches and it will be a masterpiece.  (I am hopeless when it comes to the beautiful simplicity of Japanese art, architecture and landscaping.) 

So, this story is bookmarked so I can keep up with it.  Keep on, my friend, you are doing well.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 11:23:27 PM »
Can't wait!!!! And so right about the elder hotness!

Edited to add: um, I hope you were kidding about the Bodybuilder aspiration! It's banned for all household members according to the rules on the first post of the Immortal Dynasty Challenge  :'(
@Magpie2012   Thank you for catching my mistake. I edited the intro to "BodyBuilder career (not aspiration)." I finished the New Year's Resolution challenge recently and had that aspiration on my mind.
Much appreciated!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed....
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »
@oshizu yeah, I almost had heart failure when I read "bodybuilder aspiration"... It was as if a little kid in my head was screaming "Nooooooooooooooooo!" At the top of its lungs! Oh and if you ever call this "yawn inducing" I might have to rob a bank so I can come to NYC and give you a "Gibbs smack"! I agree fully with Joria! And she knows good stories, since she's a master herself!

Next chapter please and thank you *cheeky grin*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 02:49:46 PM »
Generation 3: Denzel and Naomi

Watcher: Osamu, how would you like to do this chapter?  After all, you’re the one in the dynasty who named Denzel as one of his good friends when he was just a child.
Osamu: Oh right, I remember that story as if it were yesterday, even if we don’t any images of me and Denzel from that time.  I especially regret that all the pictures of Naomi as a child are gone.  Well, anyway, let’s start with how Denzel ended up living with us.
Watcher: Thanks, Osamu.
Osamu: No problem. It'll be nice to spend time with the readers again. Since the intro, I've only been in a few photos. *sulks pettily

*Brightens...
Ooookay, you've already seen a few photos of Denzel as a child, so here's a photo of Denzel with his mother and Mortimer Goth, right after Denzel aged up to a teen. Of course, he invited me to his birthday party at the Goth Residence. In the picture, the three of them are waiting for twin Jamaal to come blow the candles.
As a child, Denzel had always taken a shine to me for several reasons. I think Mortimer Goth might have figured out that Denzel and Jamaal weren’t his biological children. Also, Mortimer and Bella worked nights, so they weren’t at home much. As a result, Denzel used to come visit our place often, but Darien was frequently “occupied” with his role as pollinator. So I took the little fellow under my wing. We both share the Creative trait and Denzel was such a great kid.  Just like that, he wormed his way into my heart. When I prepared for immortality, he was already a good friend.

Our household runs several clubs and I had my own personal club, too. My club “Satori” (Realization/Enlightenment) included all my good-/best-friend candidates.  At the time, Denzel was still a child. Of course, I couldn’t add Denzel to the family club then, or the whole household would befriend him, endearing little guy that he was.

Here’s a pic of the two teens soon after they aged up. Since I was just a guest, I can’t do anything about Denzel’s lame outfit, which wasn't very conspicuous until Jamaal aged up and looked so fly.  As you can see, Jamaal seems the prettier of the twins, but he has the Evil trait. The twins are still sporting those droopy eyebrows, lol.

On the other hand, Denzel is so good-natured.  Above, you can see him jogging home after one of his frequent visits to hang out with me. And although he doesn't have the neat trait, he cleans up after himself and others at our home all the time.  A terrific house guest! What a relief when I finally ate ambrosia The Watcher and I could stop trying so hard to keep him away from the rest of the household. 

Of course, Denzel very rarely runs into his father Darien at our home, but the relationship is unbalanced. For Denzel, Darien is his only biological father. For me, Denzel  is like a second son.  But for Darien, Denzel is just one of ….just a minute, let me tally it up…Darien’s eighteen children in town. Including the Goth boys, that makes nine sons and nine daughters.  Darien, you have done an admirable job as dynasty pollinator! (As a father, not so much) Thank you for helping to keep the town alive!

After a few weeks, Denzel grows up into fine-looking young adult (with droopy eyebrows) and I immediately invite him to join our household. With his natural charm, good nature, and looks, I think he'll make our world “a better place,” if you know what I mean. Everyone welcome the dynasty’s newest pollinator!

Ah, but I neglect my own son, Satoshi.  One evening at the Pan Europa Disco, Satoshi makes the acquaintance of an absolutely stunning doctor named Elise Otero.  They get married soon after, like very soon after. Here’s a photo of her on our not-private beach.  Satoshi remains crazy about her throughout their married life.

Sadly, the only pre-adult pictures left of the third generation, Naomi, is at Elise’s elder birthday. Above, you can see young adult Denzel to the left of Satoshi and Elise, while Naomi on the right carries the birthday cake she baked for her mother.  You can't really see Naomi's face well in this shot.  She'll be phoning in Elise's birthday party next.

Elise and Satoshi all dressed up for her birthday party.  When they met, he had just become a young adult while she was already an adult.  What is it about these Nishijima men and their fascination with older women?  Huh, it's a dynasty thing, you say?  Regardless, Elise is quite bewitching.

Here Elise stands with Satoshi and Noel, right after she aged to elder.  Still quite lovely, don’t you think?
Ah, the sad destiny that befalls dynasty helpers. Upon becoming adults, second-generation Satoshi wed Elise who gave birth to the third-generation Naomi. In contrast, the adopted Noel donned the shoes (hat?) of the second-generation dynasty pollinator...ever romancing, never truly loving. But Noel seems okay with it and seems to look forward to training his new apprentice Denzel.  *cough

Back to the party, Naomi had already thrown a gold-medal birthday party for Papa Satoshi when he became an adult, but this party looks like it’s going to earn a gold medal, too.  The only remaining milestone is to play a game with the birthday sim.

Therefore, Naomi invites Denzel to play chess.  Technically, Naomi is not a birthday girl, but we sometimes name extra household members as birthday sims for parties that aren't being use to count for a dynasty party requirement, because some of the party milestones grow easier to complete that way.  Anyway, at this point, Denzel has been a young adult for a while.  The Watcher, it seems, is a huge fun of Denzel's nerdy party look.  As a matter of fact, the Watcher seems to be huge fan of Denzel in general. I mean, he's not even part of the dynasty bloodline, so why are we spilling so much ink over him in the first place? Ever since we bought the pool, the Watcher's been acting rather weird...more on that later.

Changing the topic, look at the pic below.  Thankfully, Naomi looks like her gorgeous mother.  Is it my imagination or do I see some of Elisha, my departed wife, in Naomi’s features as well? Considering Naomi's only a teenager, she looks pretty mature in that gown, don't you think?

Naomi gets along with Denzel really well.  In fact, when she gets home from school, she seeks out Denzel’s company as soon as she finishes his homework.  And now that she's a teen, it’s become harder and harder to keep the two apart.  Satoshi needs to sit Naomi down and have a serious talk with that girl. Naomi, keep your distance from the dynasty pollinator!!!   Geez…

Back to Elise’s birthday party.  Naomi invited some guests that you might recognize. Front center sits Don Lothario. He often drops by to visit.  Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis sits next to him, wearing that same ole tired, pink-and-white jacket. Denzel’s mother, Bella Goth, is there somewhere, too.  Oddly, Denzel and his mother don’t socialize at all without the Watcher’s manipulation, erm, I mean, encouragement. On the left, Jade Rosa of the Partihaus Club is saying hello to Naomi at the bar. Naomi plans to become a Mixologist and makes excellent drinks already!

An elderly gardener named Jaqueline Hughes lived briefly in our household and she adopted a son, Yuta Tamamori, who you see in the pic striding confidently across the center of the room in a black shirt, black/silver vest, and maroon pants. An adorable boy, we thought to raise him for Naomi's spouse but, unfortunately, the adorable boy didn't grow up into an adorable-looking teen.  Besides, Naomi is too drawn to Denzel to think of Yuta as any more than a friend.  The Watcher's quite miffed about this, as you can imagine. After she named the boy after one of her favorite boy band singers and all.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Finally, the chess game is over, Elise’s birthday party earns a gold medal, and the party ends. Our remaining party guests straggle home at 6:25 a.m. You are some hardcore party people!!! From the left, Olivia, Jade Rosa, Bella Goth, and Don.  Thank you for being there for Elise!

Naomi is really mad about the loss of all her photos and insists that she gets to narrate next.
So see you next time with Naomi and the twins.  (Did I just say "twins"?)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »
I am a FAN! Satoshi was the most adorable child and his reactions to being the dynasty air and the current polluter had me in giggles! The twins. Oh my! Wow... I think I might have bought a pool especially for Denzel myself.  :P I hope you have him saved to your library because I am going to beg to be allowed to download him.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 10:57:18 PM »
Generation 3b: Naomi’s Nattering

Naomi: Watcher, I really must protest!  Out of the existing six members of the dynasty bloodline today, I am the only female and yet my photos are the ones that got overwritten?
Not true. If you look back, there were only a handful of pics for your grandpa Osamu and your father Satoshi. But it’s true that your wedding was the most lavish of the five held here so far.  I wish we had even two or three shots left.
Naomi: By the way, Grandpa’s complaining that there more shots of Denzel than of him. Did you notice that Grandpa always had his back turned in the photos from Denzel’s birthday party?  And wasn’t most of last chapter about Denzel, though it was titled “Denzel and Naomi”?  What exactly is going on here?
Oh look, I think someone just texted me.  You wanted to do this chapter, didn’t you?  I found some pictures of you as a child, so knock yourself out.
Naomi: Grrrr, stop doing that. You also run off when you don’t want to discuss a topic. Oh well, the show must go on.

Well, hello there.  Naomi here!  I’m the teenage daughter of Satoshi. You saw a few pics of me last chapter at mom’s elder birthday party.  I’m happy to say we’ve dug up a few more pics of an earlier time.  I hope you won’t be confused by the flashback and will find these pics worth viewing.   ;)

You see below a door and wonder where it’s at and where it leads to.  It’s the lockable door to the club hangout at the Pan Europa Disco at Windenburg.  You may remember that Dad first met Mom at Pan Europa.  After they got married, Dad wanted to commemorate that fateful encounter, so he took over leadership of the SpinMasters Club. The result? Our family club now has an exclusive hangout in the basement of Pan Europa.  Cool, right?

Dad still loves DJing.  He maxed that skill a while ago.  I feel a little sorry for Mom, though. Whenever they go out clubbing, Dad ends up DJing so Mom always has to dance alone or with one of us.  My mom’s so lovely, don’t you agree?

Some shots of us getting down and busting moves on the dance floor of our club hangout. Of course that’s me in the purple T and shorts.  Denzel’s also there.  He’s like Grandpa’s homie, so he’s been a member of the family club ever since Grandpa became immortal.  The second photo’s really nice, though you can’t see Yuta.  But that’s okay. His dance moves are lame. You can tell Grandpa loves to dance!

Here’s Yuta on the right—he’s the adopted son of Jacqueline Hughes, remember.  I wanted to tell you more about her but I couldn’t find any evidence of her having lived in our household except for an urn. Most helpers leave behind books, mounted fish, paintings, cooked dishes, something.  I guess Yuta's mom must have been a gardener.

Well, Yuta can’t dance at all, but he is very smart and really kind.  We grew up together, you  know, and did all our childhood aspirations together.  I don’t think he was my BFF for the Social Butterfly aspiration, if I remember correctly. Yuta’s mother was already an elder when she adopted him, so Yuta was orphaned while still in grade school. Mom and Dad treated him like their own son, though, and he’s never mentioned feeling lonely to any of us.  We’re the same age and he’s like a brother to me.

Mom and Dad are as lovey-dovey as ever. It’s impossible to tell who loves the other more.  But, hey, this is a public park! Enough with the PDAs already. Go get a room.  Sheesh!

Besides Yuta, another constant presence in our household is Denzel, but he didn’t live with us at first. I’ve always wondered if his twin, Jamaal, got lonely because his brother was never at home.  Don’t twins usually grow up being really close friends?
As a child, Jamaal (see below) visited us every now and then, hoping to see his father Darien, very rarely now that his father has passed.  But no one in our household can get past the fact that Jamaal has the Evil trait, so we never socialize with him much nor invite him to our parties. Sometimes, he looks really sad and I feel bad for him. When you’re a townie, you can’t control which traits you get, right?  Jamaal and Denzel really, really look alike!

As for Denzel, I can’t remember a time when he wasn’t around.  He often plays chess with me to help me level my Mental and Logic skills. Unlike Yuta, Denzel is not my brother so I can feel differently about him, amirite?

Just now, I looked up from reading a book at the park and caught Denzel smiling at me.  What’s this strange fluttering iin my chest?  It feels like butterflies dancing!?
I ran over to hug Denzel---I do so adore him.  Exactly how much older than me is he?  Hmmm, if he’s a teen now, that means when I become a young adult, he’ll be…..

Meanwhile, Noel and Grandpa are having a discussion about Denzel’s future. Noel agrees with Gramps that Denzel should move in with us when he comes a young adult.  But as a teen, I had no idea what Gramps meant when he said to Noel: “Denzel could make the world a better place for the dynasty.” What were they talking about?

Satsoshi:  Honey, I don’t get it!  I just don’t get it!
Elise: What, dear?
Satoshi: I’m the dynasty founder’s son, for heaven’s sake, and yet there’s more photos and talk of Denzel than of me.  Why’s everyone so obsessed with him? 
Elise: I haven’t a clue, sweetheart.  Do you think it might be because of the pool?

Satoshi: Pool? What pool?
Elise: Don't you remember when the Watcher built us that pool after Denzel became a young adult and moved in?
Satoshi: Yeah, of course, I remember that. So?
Elise: Well, after the pool, I think the Watcher and Naomi both went a little crazy…I mean, Denzel’s never been hard on the eyes but that pool….
Satoshi: What do you mean?
Elise: *Blushes  Don't make me say it.  Uh, just take a look outside, darling.

Thank you for reading. More talk about Naomi's twins next time.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 05:31:26 AM »
Generation 4a: More Twins—Minoru and Tetsuji

W: So, Osamu, I heard that Madelyn, the last and only female Landgraab descendant will become an elder soon. Since she doesn’t have any children, the Landgraab lineage might end with her.  That means yet another empty house in the world. Can you help out?
Osamu: Yes, I’d heard that, too.  Madelyn's been impossible to meet. I keep checking her work schedule and visiting her home, but she’s never there.  Maybe there’s still time to preserve that lineage!  I’ll rush over there immediately with Noel and Denzel, who lives with us now.  Fellows, get out of the sauna and come with me!

Osamu: Oh puleeze!  What are you two thinking?  This is not Witcher 3.  Look at me all decked out in my tux.  Change out of those towels, pronto.
W: Those two look like they’re not in the right mood, don't they? In fact, you’ve taken Denzel along for three “missions” so far but his heart didn’t really seem into it. You think he might be unsuitable for the job?
Osamu: Watcher, don’t you go soft on him!  We need him to do this for the dynasty! Hey wait! Where are you going?

Osamu: Well great, I guess I’ll have to explain. Right after Denzel moved in, our Watcher buids us a pool, as you know. Then the Watcher mentions she wants to see Denzel home more often (yeah, right) and decides that Yuta would become dynasty pollinator instead of Denzel. Yuta is a wonderful person and a superb painter, but he's no Denzel in the looks and charm department.

And once Naomi becomes a young adult, she throws one tantrum after another until the fam gives in and agrees to let her and Denzel get married. Seems Denzel has secretly hoped to marry Naomi for years, regardless of their considerable age gap. That cradle robber!
Photos from their courtship, wedding, and their children’s births are gone but after that, screenshots abound. Well, not really, since our Watcher is lazy and only snaps screenshots when the whim strikes her. Anyway, from now on, let’s hope there’s more dialogue and less ‘splaining to do, Lucy.
Now, let me introduce you to Naomi and Denzel’s son.

Hello, readers. My name is Minoru, which means “to bear fruit” in Japanese. Our Watcher thought the name would be auspicious since I plan to work on the Freelance Botanist aspiration. Did you already guess that I have a twin brother? Here are snaps of  my twin, Tetsuji, and I watching TV.  I’m the one in the blue T-shirt.
M: Are you mad, Tetsuji?  What’s that look on your face?
T: It's not fair! Why do you get to do all the talking?

W: Naomi, how did you have twins?  When you got pregnant, the household had only one empty space.  I made sure of that.
Naomi: I know, but then someone (I can’t remember who) died and by the time I gave birth, there were two vacant spots in the household.  I’m as surprised as you are.
W: Do you think you had twins because your husband is a twin?
Naomi: I didn’t know that game mechanics even care about that kind of relationship.
W: Why are you even talking about game mechanics?
Naomi: I’m not sure. Someone keeps putting words in my mouth.
W: Oh…

Hey, hey, listen to me when I’m talking, people.  It’s me, Minoru, remember?  Okay, here’s another pic from when we were kids. 
Naomi: Oh right. I wanted to throw a Spooky Party for the first time to see if we could get a gold medal, which we did. Did you enjoy it, hun?
Minoru: It was kinda boring as parties go, mom. Great-grandpa Osamu and Grandpa Satoshi spent most of the time carving pumpkins.  Look, Tetsuji and I are the little people in the pic wearing the pumpkin head and hotdog costumes, but I can’t remember who’s who. Mom is dressed like a fairy and Dad is sitting next to her in a light-blue shirt—what’s he supposed to be? And yeah, Dad dyed his hair when he became an elder but Mom says he’s still as hot as ever. Ewwww, doesn’t she realize kids don’t want to hear their mom talking like that?!

Minoru: Some strange things have been happening around our house lately. Our Watcher thinks the game may be glitching out, but I believe that our house is haunted. For one thing, we have that creepy maid with the fancy hair who goes around smiling to himself all day.  Seriously, who does that? And how many hours do think he spends on his hair every morning?

When we age up to teens, the Watcher dresses us up in lame outfits. Makes me look like a green hobbit, haha.  Tetsuji is wearing yellow.
W: In my defense, it’s easier for me to tell you two apart from a distance.
Whatever. Tetsu and I form a club with friends and do homework together. Great-grandpa Osamu and Mom come to help us, but then they do a weird melding thing. Is that some kind of alien mutation? Our friends feel really embarrassed for us and pretend not to notice anything. Mom doesn’t change out of that dumb fairy outfit and make-up for daaaaysssss.

Several days later, Great-grandpa goes fishing with Dad on our not-private beach.  They fish at different spots then Dad does something really bizarre. Instead of walking along the beach to talk to Great-grandpa, he walks in the water.  Then he stands in the water while the two of them freeze in place, exchanging weird looks. If you don’t believe me, look at the snaps!

After that, Dad says he’s hungry and goes home while Great-grandpa continues fishing in his underwear (why does he do that?). That’s why no one’s home except Dad when the Grim Reaper comes to take him away. Even Grim feels sad that such a popular sim died without family and friends nearby.

Mom has been so depressed. Even phoning the Sadness Hotline hasn’t helped. Grandpa Satoshi tells me and Tetsuji that Mom fell in love with Denzel when she was a little girl. Wow, that’s a long time to be in love!  Then wham, two days later, she has a surprise visitor.  It’s Jamaal!  He reminds Mom so much of Denzel, she just gets depressed all over again. I wonder if Jamaal came over because he had a psychic feeling that his twin died?

Minoru: So Watcher, how come Dad died but his twin Jamaal is still alive?
W: I’m not sure. Maybe because Jamaal usually aged up naturally instead of someone baking him a birthday cake as soon as he got the “Celebrate by throwing a rocking birthday party” message.
Minoru: I’m so lucky that Tetsuji and I live in the same house!  But seeing how sad Jamaal looked today, I know being left behind by your twin must be awfully sad.  *sniff, sniff

Can we change the subject, Watcher?
W: Yes, let’s move the clock forward a few days. I miss Denzel so much and need to get out of this funk.
Minoru: Nice!  So a few days before I become a young adult, I meet a striking woman at the Shrieking Llama Bar. She’s dressed like Hans Solo with bad hair, an interstellar smuggler named Cali Halicom. I was floored when she comes to visit me the next day (today). For some reason, though, she’s dressed like a….like a…store clerk from Get to Work?  What's up with that? Well, I’m still wearing a tacky green hobbit hat, so I guess I shouldn’t be criticizing her old-lady hairdo and clerk uniform.

The very next day, I become a young adult. Instead of changing out of that Sherlock Holmes outfit (our Watcher is scared of using CAS lately), I immediately call Cali up for a date. We became good friends yesterday, so I do some heavy flirting at the park then go out on a limb and propose. Arrrggghh, she rejects me!

I’ve got my heart set on completing the Successful Lineage aspiration, so I have no time to lose!!!  I ask her for another date right away and take her up to the Red Room. After enabling four V.I.P. buckets and complimenting her for a while, I try proposing again.  Success!

Things proceed smoothly after that. Great-grandpa Osamu and Grandpa Satoshi look highly pleased to hear about our engagement. They decide to eat their ambrosia while Cali and I ensure the continuation of the Nishijima lineage.  Her pregnancy test comes back positive and we begin planning our wedding.

The next day, we have a small wedding attended by family and a few close friends. Compared to the large crowd at Naomi and Denzel’s extravagant wedding, my own wedding is a quiet affair.  After all, I don’t want to have to be entertaining guests until the sun rises.

The next morning, Tetsuji and I start our new jobs.
Here, I’m stepping off a meditation seat to leave for my first day in the Tech Guru career. I really hate the pink hat.

W: Hey, Tetsujji, how was your first day of work in the Athlete career?
Tetsuji: Great, Watcher. I have the Active trait, you know, so it’s like I was born for this job.
W: Not to spoil your good mood, but why are you dressed like a store clerk? Did you borrow that outfit from Cali? 
Tetsuji: What are you talking about?
W: It’s the Athlete career.  Aren’t you supposed to be sprinting around in navy-trimmed white shorts, a revealing tank top, and a weightlifting belt? 
Tetsuji: Why do you even care?
W: It’s dangerous for you to exercise without appropriate training clothes. I’m worried that you’ll injure yourself, Tetsu.
Tetsuji: Uh huh, keep telling yourself that.

Thank you for reading. More silliness to come.

anything