Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240814 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
Are you Wiry on TS3 as well? I can search you up and add you to my friends list, i'm always looking for more.  ;D

Wiry961 actually.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »
Wiry961 actually.

Okie, i'll add you inna minute  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »
Alright, if anyone wants free elixirs feel free to add me to your friendslist, username is Margerita86. I will add you as well eventually, well as soon as I log on to the website.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »
Done and done.  :P

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2012, 07:37:46 AM »
I know this may sound weird but I no longer use Meditative Trance Sleep.   All of my immortals sleep in the big tent you get from adventures which gives them the +40 moodlet and it only takes them about 5 hours to sleep from exhausted.   That's without the sleep LTR.  I have 6 saggy old men in my way all the time - the last thing I want is for them to sleep even less.   I've actually been tempted to give them all bunkbeds and make them sleep in those since it would take longer and I'm not kidding.    Anything to keep them from doing something stupid so if it's a particularly boring night and there is no story to tell, they're all in bed by 8 pm and I slide the action to make sure they sleep until 6 am.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »
What's a masterpiece painting usually worth? Because once you've started a painting, and you move into build/buy and use moo on it, you get a value for it. I haven't tested this out, but it might be similar to the sculpting moo, only it's just picking up the painting, checking the price and putting it back.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2012, 11:04:21 AM »
What's a masterpiece painting usually worth? Because once you've started a painting, and you move into build/buy and use moo on it, you get a value for it. I haven't tested this out, but it might be similar to the sculpting moo, only it's just picking up the painting, checking the price and putting it back.

You can't find out what a paintings value is going to be using MOO, I tried it.   I had a glitch once where Artie put an incomplete painting into his inventory and it only showed the current value of what it would be worth at the time not what it was worth when it was finished.    Plus I've had issues where Masterpieces will be worth around 4500 and then I'll get a brilliant worth 5400. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »
I got a brilliant worth 6000 something, but then a masterpiece was only worth like 3500  ???

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2012, 11:15:36 AM »
I got a brilliant worth 6000 something, but then a masterpiece was only worth like 3500  ???

Yeah.  That's why it wouldn't work for paintings.  I've tried but it never works out.  Sculptures are much easier when it comes to skipping ahead.   Actually at this point in my dynasty, I have the person who needs their portrait to be done stand for 4 - 6 portraits and then let them go get sculpted.  My painter is then distracted all day by doing the portraits while I struggle for a masterpiece sculpture and maybe an awesome photo or two. 

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2012, 01:12:34 AM »
One really good tip is if you're having trouble having the ask to move in action pop up under friendly, just ask the sim some of the other ask sim questions, such as ask sim how they slept or ask sim how their day was. Asking a sim to pillow fight stays there all the time, but if you ask some of the others, the ask to move in one will pop up. It's interesting, but there's only a certain amount of slots alloted for ask sim questions.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2012, 11:15:07 AM »
My advice is to sell the Multitab if you use it to get a skill, especially gardening. They'll use it to learn fishing too, as well as logic. I've had sims (Thankfully not in my dynasty) max all three autonomously.

Fausta Legacy

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »
I agree with wiry on monitoring sims with the MultiTab. I only give it to heirs if I'm going to be able to keep watch over them, and mostly just give it to spares and utility sims. Also, when one will soon die, I usually sell it so that my oldest immortal wont end up with it in the inventory and learn skills I don't want them to.

I think a bored immortal with a MultiTab will sooner or later max all possible skills since listening to tabcasts are an autonomous action.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
I agree with wiry on monitoring sims with the MultiTab. I only give it to heirs if I'm going to be able to keep watch over them, and mostly just give it to spares and utility sims. Also, when one will soon die, I usually sell it so that my oldest immortal wont end up with it in the inventory and learn skills I don't want them to.

I think a bored immortal with a MultiTab will sooner or later max all possible skills since listening to tabcasts are an autonomous action.

They seem to ignore Charisma, Guitar, nectar making, and photography though in my experience. I'll use the Multitab to max a skill, then sell it off as fast as humanly possible.

Fausta Legacy

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2012, 02:34:21 PM »
As demonstrated in Wiry's Dee Dynasty, Alchemy makes a great Founder SuperMax. Best Friend requirements are a snap, and everyone can stay awake forever! Muahahahaha!

By samoht04

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »
Witchitude also opens plenty of doors as my newest chapter illustrates. If I want them to, no one would sleep, eat, do business, shower, or socialize again.

Fausta Legacy