Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 241120 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2012, 07:29:46 PM »
Erik Darling in my Dee Dynasty supermaxed painting AND  did 2/3 challenges sculpting in just under a week. Ice personality was one of them completed, the one that wasn't was the 5 of each one.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2012, 01:21:08 AM »
regarding the madness of my founding sim ... he ages up to Elder tonight, and has just completed his 9th guitar op. He also is up to level 9 of his career. He has elixirs, ltrs, motive mobile (courtesy of Cycl0n3 Sw0rd), moodlet manager (Courtesy of Blair Sw0rd), and instruments at the ready ... I hope Adam gets his 10th guitar op in the next day or two, so I can see how quickly he can get the drums, piano and double bass to level 10.

2nd Generation Heir is now a child ... and I've chosen a much easier LTW and supermax skill for him ... Illustrious Author and Writing ... probably with Self Employed Writer as his career.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2012, 06:37:09 AM »
Good to hear that you're so close! If you need an extra edge with skilling up don't forget you can use the mixology skilldrinks.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
 Alchemical elixirs also help massively with skilling. Combining the founder's witchery with the alchemical elixirs means that I can Supermax painting in a week with an unemployed Young Adult Sim.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2012, 04:06:33 PM »
Week 6, Day 7, Founder got his 10th Guitar Opportunity and headed to the Theatre to learn Bass, Drums and Piano. :)

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »
Career opportunities don't seem to spawn from rabbit hole careers in combo buildings, and now people are reporting that school opportunities won't complete properly if the school is a combo building.

... that explains a few things. Ugh, yet another bug that makes me want to scream in frustration. It also pretty much kills my desire/ability to ever do any dynasty because I only like Appaloosa Plains and Moonlight Falls. :( I'd actually started an immortal attempt in AP and, before another bug killed it, was getting utterly frantic over the lack of opportunities for my founder.

Thanks for pointing this out. I really hope it will get fixed sooner rather than later (or never).

Edit: I don't remember who pointed out adoption, but thanks for that reminder as well. Getting a kid or two into the house early as a guaranteed suitable art "helper" looks like a good idea, and adoption is an easy and easily overlooked way to do that. Also, if anyone does want to play a challenge in Appaloosa Plains, consider nabbing the Riffin family: the oldest brother Calvin is a Natural Cook, the second brother Cornell got to be my sculptor once he aged to teen, and their little sister Chantrelle was my painter. They also have two laptops between them plus a dog who can bolster household funds via hunting. Ditz was pretty much singled-handedly responsible for putting a decent roof over everyone's heads once she lucked out and found a few pieces of tiberium.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2012, 06:37:27 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but a good thing to remember for the gardening career is that money bags don't count towards the career if you convert into simoleons by clicking on them. I believe you have to drag and sell. I failed my first attempt by making this mistake :(
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2012, 11:29:34 PM »
I would suggest getting a fire pit and some fish you just want to use for food. Roasting fish with the pit fills hunger, and can be a very useful method of surviving until you have a house. Also the fire pit is a social activity, so elders could just sit around the fire pit and read or talk. The fire pit also gives the warmed moodlet like a fireplace.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2012, 06:15:19 AM »
I would recommend you do some research concerning loading times before picking what town you are going to use for your dynasty.

In my experience some towns take longer to load once the save file is more than a couple of weeks old. Adding a lot of objects on your lot will also make the save file load and save longer. If, for example, a fresh file of Sunset Valley loads in 2 minutes and a fresh file of U.C. loads in 6 - the U.C. file will start getting long loading times a lot faster.

Also, I would also suggest disabling memories. Since a lot of memories are known to make a save file larger.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2012, 06:18:44 AM »
Also, I would also suggest disabling memories. Since a lot of memories are known to make a save file larger.

Oh really? I didn't know that. That is a good tip!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »
I would suggest getting a fire pit and some fish you just want to use for food. Roasting fish with the pit fills hunger, and can be a very useful method of surviving until you have a house. Also the fire pit is a social activity, so elders could just sit around the fire pit and read or talk. The fire pit also gives the warmed moodlet like a fireplace.

If you're just looking to have something to eat until you have enough funds, you can hit the gym/fire station and use the quick meals from their fridge, or just go to the park(s) that have harvestable produce, harvest and snack.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2012, 01:37:43 AM »
I my dynasty, I learnt this the hard way.

To get more funds, get the sims you're going to have join your household drive to you, rather than you to them. This way you can snag the car because its in their inventory. This comes in handy, especially if its a pricey car.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »
This was suggested on the Life States Dynasty tips and I think it would work well for this dynasty as well. Use the Bio section of the scrapbook in Simology to keep track of each heir's requirements. That way if you lose a save, you can always check to see where you are.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2012, 01:04:28 AM »
I my dynasty, I learnt this the hard way.

To get more funds, get the sims you're going to have join your household drive to you, rather than you to them. This way you can snag the car because its in their inventory. This comes in handy, especially if its a pricey car.

Another collorary to that, if you can get Jon Lessen to form a group with you in Riverview, you can take him to the park because the dynasty lot is just across the street from him and he'll NEVER use his car when you invite him over so you lose it when you move him in. I had to do this the hard way because I couldn't form a group with him. I wish the Dynasty Lot was farther away from his place... :(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2012, 01:07:16 AM »
Another collorary to that, if you can get Jon Lessen to form a group with you in Riverview, you can take him to the park because the dynasty lot is just across the street from him and he'll NEVER use his car when you invite him over so you lose it when you move him in. I had to do this the hard way because I couldn't form a group with him. I wish the Dynasty Lot was farther away from his place... :(

That's why when in my dynasty I wanted to get Rob Kennedy to move in and he's like right beside the Union Cove ID lot, I invited him to meet Ciaran at the pool, and he drove his truck there, before I invited him to move in.

anything