Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233608 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 43 - Breakthroughs"
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2012, 07:16:53 PM »
Great update! You left us with a cliffhanger!

Thanks Corey, did I really?  ;)

Aww, that's so sweet! And, all ready for the next town. Congratulations!

Thank you jude! I've still got a couple of chapters before the move (I seem to be stretching this world out more than usual), but we'll definitely be in the next one by chapter 46 or 47.

Congratulations Ben! The wedding was lovely, even if Chris don't like. :P

Thanks Louise  :). I worried that the arch wouldn't look any good (I don't have the Sunlit Tides one), but luckily it turned out OK anyway!

Ah, Elvin is quite the little entrepreneur. :) It wouldn't be a Jones wedding without SOME chaos, would it?

Congrats to Ben on getting his LTW!

Spot on as always, Raia! :) Thanks for the congratulations.

Congrats on the wedding!

And tell Ben I think he has great taste in literature!

Thanks saltpastillen, I'll definitely pass it along! I also love a good cheesy romance.  :D

I'm just jumping in to say congratulations to Ben and Courage. I've been quietly watching from the first day and I wanted to let you know how much I'm loving it. :)

Thanks so much, sweetest pea! I love it when the lurkers come out of the shadows.  :)

Yay, congratulations on finishing your exams Ausette!  I'm so happy for Ben too!!

Christopher Steel showing up just to heckle bitterly was hilarious!  And having Courage make all of his phone calls shirtless was definitely a brilliant idea ;D   

Thanks Silverbella, exams went pretty well! Christopher Steel cracked me up too. I think I Courage and I may have been inspired by you and Sawyer.  ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 44 - Diamonds"
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2012, 08:31:53 AM »
Chapter 44 – Diamonds

Barry! I… I…”
“Please say yes?”
“YES! I can’t believe it! Oh, Barry!”

As if she’d refuse! Now they can be adorable together for all eternity.

At this point I start wondering what Lisa’s up to. I was expecting her to be uncooperative given her relationship with the bride, but imagine my surprise when I double-click her portrait and find her at home! Missing your own son’s wedding, now that’s cold.

I get her to beach like a good Sims player, but all she does is fling insults at one of the four remaining guests. As for the other three…

“Help us! We can’t get out of this intricate labyrinth of flimsy wicker chairs!”

I was accidentally holding them at the wedding against their will. Sorry, guys! Here, take a bunch of ResetSims with your names on them. Now I feel like I’m handing out certificates or something.

After the wedding the newlyweds head down the road to Kelley’s cottage, which she's had to herself since her mum passed away of old age. It’s a nice quiet place for her to spend the night with her new husband.

Her past hasn't harmed her self-esteem, but being the illegitimate daughter of an antisocial criminal is something Kelley wants to distance herself from. So the morning after her wedding, she sells her house and moves in with the Joneses, bringing the number of Sims in the household up to eight.

She's so pretty! Don’t let her know I said that. Kelley’s got a strange set of traits: Eccentric, Easily Impressed, Athletic, Dog Person, and of course Diva. Hilariously, her inventory contains an award for Most Likely to be Mediocre. Ouch!

Kelley's reaction to her makeover catches me off guard. She covers her mouth all seriously and I suddenly find myself feeling sad and guilty for taking away her old look. Is it possible that by dressing her up I’ve robbed her of her individuality?

I should have known better.

“MWAH! You’re moving up in the world now, gorgeous! You never see accessories like this on townies, do you? I was born to be a playable, I always knew it. Now when can I start skilling?”

Wait, what?

Well what do you know, Kelley’s a bit of a geek! Her first wishes when she moves in are to buy an inventing table, join the inventing career, join the ghost hunting career and write a science fiction novel. So much for being an idle trophy wife.

Nobody’s idle in this household, and that includes the twins. Liberty’s a proper copper now as a Patrol Officer. Her father couldn’t be prouder of her.

Hope finally maxes her Drumming one night at the park. She rushes home just in time for her sister’s bachelorette party.

For this party, I’ve decided to leave everyone on free will except for when they pop easy wishes. All the Sims promptly crowd around the bar.

All the Sims. Oi, you in the speedo! You’re supposed to be dancing for us!

Liberty wants a toast. That's an easy wish.

“Here’s to Liberty, the best sister I could ever ask for when she’s not threatening to arrest me and stuff. Cheers!”

Courage: “Hey Kelley, how about a flirt from your husband?”
VJ: “HUSBAND?”

Oh man, these facial expressions just crack me up! Notice Liberty face-palming in the back there. Poor Courage stands there for hours with a flirt in his action queue waiting for Kelley to stop dancing.

Lisa: *sniff* “I wish I objected at the wedding when I had the chance!”
Kelley: “I’m sorry, what was that?”
Lisa: “Nothing, Jessica Rabbit. I mean Kelley.”

What? I put Kelley in that hairdo and the red dress followed naturally. If only I had that floor-length gown from Sweet Treats.

The parties dies down the following morning, but VJ hangs around until two in the afternoon. It’s almost as if he’s… waiting for someone.

OK, VJ. I get the hint.

“Well well well, you do still live here.”
“I told you, VJ. Just two more days.”
“Yeah, whatever. Interesting hairstyle, by the way. People will think you’re my sister.”
Good.

Yes, just one more wedding and the family will leave Sunset Valley behind. All we have to do is pack and clean. We have a maid to help with the cleaning, but...

“You’re not gonna finish this ice cream? SWEET!”

...Yeah. There's a lot of work to do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »
Sorry about the double post, but I'm having a bit of a dilemma - I can't start the next world until I decide who's going to be heir! Who do you guys prefer, Kelley and Courage or Barry and Liberty? I'm currently leaning towards Liberty but it'd be nice to hear your opinions.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2012, 08:58:34 AM »
Sorry about the double post, but I'm having a bit of a dilemma - I can't start the next world until I decide who's going to be heir! Who do you guys prefer, Kelley and Courage or Barry and Liberty? I'm currently leaning towards Liberty but it'd be nice to hear your opinions.

I'd like to see Courage and Kelley carry on. I love the Ursine babies and Courage is definitely a sweetie with that face. He reminds me of someone I know actually... :)

Louise56

« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2012, 11:31:49 AM »
O also would like to see Courage and Kelly continue. Their nooboos will be very interesting! :D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »
I'm going to break rank and say Libby and Barry. They're a very endearing couple--and it's nice to see a good-looking Keaton baby!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
Why not have both?? If not I say Liberty and Barry. I think it is time for the second born to be able to be the heir. The first horns have all been heirs so far.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2012, 07:19:06 PM »
I'd like to see Courage and Kelley carry on. I love the Ursine babies and Courage is definitely a sweetie with that face. He reminds me of someone I know actually... :)

Does he really  :)? I love the Ursine girls as well, and Kelley is no exception.

O also would like to see Courage and Kelly continue. Their nooboos will be very interesting! :D

You're going to see nooboos whatever happens - I plan on taking both couples to the new town and then getting the spare couple pregnant before they move out.  :)

I'm going to break rank and say Libby and Barry. They're a very endearing couple--and it's nice to see a good-looking Keaton baby!

Yeah, I still can't get over how cute Barry is! He's one of the reasons I want to choose Liberty; when are we going to see such a nice Keaton boy again?

Why not have both?? If not I say Liberty and Barry. I think it is time for the second born to be able to be the heir. The first horns have all been heirs so far.

I would love to play both, but the house doesn't have enough room.  :( Even if I kicked out the extra Sims they could only have one or two kids each.

I agree with you about the second born thing, and we also haven't had a female heir for a while. Plus Liberty has such a nice blend of her parents' features...

Louise56

« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2012, 01:35:25 AM »
Ok I change vote to Barry and Libby! You are right he is too cute. ;) As long as I can see the nooboos I'm happy :P

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »
I'm voting for Barry and Liberty. They're just such a cute couple!  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
It looks like have a majority!  ;D  I'll see if I can play a bit tomorrow. I'm looking for work at the moment so it may take a while to get the next chapter organised.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
“Help us! We can’t get out of this intricate labyrinth of flimsy wicker chairs!”

Haha, this was my favorite part this time! ;D  And I know I'm late for the vote, but I would choose Barry and Libby also!

Offline ilovebakedgoods

• Llama Wrangler
  • I just swallowed my gum.
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
Discovered and caught up with this story over a few days! I just love the humor you inject into your stories. Alicia is probably my favorite overall. From her outfits to the fact that she was always arrested during birthdays (and maybe a few weddings? I forget), she really kept me laughing. And if I'm not too late, I nominate Liberty and Barry for the next couple. They seem adorable and sweet!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
Haha, this was my favorite part this time! ;D  And I know I'm late for the vote, but I would choose Barry and Libby also!

Thanks Silverbella! You actually weren't too late, I've only just played the start of the next world. Shows how far behind I'm getting. :P

Discovered and caught up with this story over a few days! I just love the humor you inject into your stories. Alicia is probably my favorite overall. From her outfits to the fact that she was always arrested during birthdays (and maybe a few weddings? I forget), she really kept me laughing. And if I'm not too late, I nominate Liberty and Barry for the next couple. They seem adorable and sweet!

Thanks heaps ilovebakedgoods, welcome to the thread! It's a good thing you nominated Barry and Liberty, because I've just played a week of them in the new town.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 45 - To the Sky"
« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2012, 11:28:07 PM »
Chapter 45 – To the Sky

So continue the adventures of our slacker of a maid. He keeps carting around trays of drinks with that suspiciously out-of-it facial expression. One could argue that’s he’s cleaning up the mess left by the Joneses, but I know better. Shame on you, cornrows-guy-whose-name-I-can't remember!

Magpie gets a call from city hall on Saturday afternoon. To her horror, there’s a ceremony in honour of her deeds as a Private Investigator. That job was supposed to be secret! Who’s responsible for this?!

Hmm, Lisa Bunch is looking suspiciously smug.

“Can I have a word with you, Miss Bunch? It seems a little strange you’d attend an event for the woman who broke up your relationship.”

“Does it really? I’m actually pretty interested in private investigation. In fact, I’ve done a little investigation on you. Why have you and VJ both booked plane tickets to Twinbrook?”
“Oh for heaven’s sake, can anyone learn to hack these days?”
“Stop ignoring my question! Why are you going to Twinbrook, Magpie?”
“That’s strictly between me and VJ. Go home, Lisa.”

“No I won’t! I know you’re having a romantic holiday with my VJ, you tart!”
“…I beg your pardon?”
“Don’t lie to me! You’ve stolen my boyfriend and now you’re spending all his money on fancy coats and holidays!  Oh, I’m going to give you SO much trouble when you get back to Sunset Valley. I have ways to get your private information, you know.”
“VJ used his birthday as his password again, didn’t he?”
“NO! Shut up!”

Meanwhile, Liberty goes to the dresser to choose her outfit for her wedding. After a few minutes CAS still hasn’t opened, so I scroll over to the bedroom and find her standing around while Kelley hogs the mirror! Seriously, who checks themselves out in their PJs? (Okay, I do sometimes. But I have some very cute pyjamas.)

Do you like the dress? I bought it especially for Liberty. It’s hard to shop for outfits when your Sims can’t try them on first, but it's worth it when you get something so pretty.

Liberty is the first of the household to wake on Sunday morning. Even though the wedding hasn’t been officially announced yet, both she and Barry pop up wish to marry that very morning. They’re ready for this.

The beautiful Maywood Glen is picked as the venue for the wedding. The guests get up bright and early so they can arrive at nine in the morning.

The father of the bride is happy to dance around in his skeleton jumpsuit. I love that outfit so much I almost don't care about the anatomical inaccuracies. Hey, for all I know Sims actually do have kneecaps in their elbows!

“Uh, Mum…  this is Liberty’s wedding, right? You didn’t split with Dad and find a new husband without my knowledge?”
“Of course not, Elvin! What on Earth gave you that idea?”

Whoops, it looks like I forgot to change Caitlin’s formalwear back before she moved out. Pretend she’s wearing a little green cocktail dress, OK?

Dress code issues aside, Barry and Libby have one of the prettiest weddings I think I've ever hosted. Everyone sits where they’re meant to and they all bawl their eyes out with joy.

Congratulations, Barry and Liberty Jones!

Oh wait, Barry gets to keep his surname now. Hey, Barry Keaton is A-OK with me.

I’m not sure what’s going on here, but they look like they’re having fun.

After the wedding, the family arrives at home relaxed and content. The parents and siblings start packing up the house while Barry and Liberty go on a quick honeymoon.

They decide to go rustic and have a campout on the beach. The strip of coastline near the Wolff house is perfectly sheltered and romantic.

Meanwhile, Magpie sneaks out to visit a friend.

“Hey Mags! It’s so good to see you before the move! Make sure you send me lots of emails, OK?”
“About that. Caitlin, I’m not going with the Joneses this time. I’m going to Twinbrook with an accomplice.”
What? Is it safe to go home now or something?”

“Far from it, but I’ve been ignoring my ties to the town for long enough.”
“What does that mean?”
“It means I’m going to undermine the criminal world in Twinbrook once and for all.”

How? Are you going to hack them to their knees?”
“Actually, it’s completely within the law this time. Law enforcement officials have the authority to raid criminal hideouts. VJ just needed a reference from the military and they put him halfway up the police career track.”
“And you?”
“I’ll be going along to supervise and make sure he builds the right skills.”
“But aren’t you afraid someone will recognise you?”
“Not if I pose as VJ’s reclusive sister. I’ve changed my name to Margaret Alvi and I already have blue hair, so all I have to do is get a tan and no one will know better.”
“If you say so…”

“Don’t patronise me, Caitlin. If anyone should belive in me, it's you.”
“I’m not doubting you Magpie, I just don’t know if what you're trying to do is possible!”
“Trust me. I’ve grown up with these sorts of people and I know the way they think. I’m going.”

“Well, will we ever see you again?”
“Hopefully not. You’ve already taken enough risks for me.”

“All those risks were worth it to get you out of Twinbrook safely. Give me a call when you find your way out again. I love you, cuz.”
“…I love you too.”

And that’s the last of Magpie we’ll be seeing for a while.

See you later, Sunset. Where the Joneses are headed, the skies are even more magnificent.