Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233670 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 50 - I'm on Chapter Fifty! OMG!"
« Reply #345 on: January 01, 2013, 11:13:47 AM »

Thanks so much, cndneh! I'm simultaneously feeling flattered and very guilty for that middle statement  :o. I'm sure you'd write an awesome town jump, I guarantee you'd have at least one reader. ;)

Don't feel guilty for being awesome, no one should ever feel like that!  ;)

And maybe I will write one, at least I'll have one reader, and that's one more than I thought I'd have! :D

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 50 - I'm on Chapter Fifty! OMG!"
« Reply #346 on: January 01, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
Don't feel guilty for being awesome, no one should ever feel like that!  ;)

And maybe I will write one, at least I'll have one reader, and that's one more than I thought I'd have! :D

You'll have more than one reader, cndneh! ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 50 - I'm on Chapter Fifty! OMG!"
« Reply #347 on: January 01, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »
You'll have more than one reader, cndneh! ;)

YAY!  that makes me so happy!

I'm all inspired to start my new year with this project!  even more exciting if I have readers!

thanks judewright and Ausette

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 51 - The Terrible Teens"
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »
YAY!  that makes me so happy!

I'm all inspired to start my new year with this project!  even more exciting if I have readers!

thanks judewright and Ausette

Woot! I love a happy ending.  ;D

Chapter 51 – The Terrible Teens

Stella’s a bit of an odd child. When she isn’t fishing, she likes to stand around and argue with hersel-

ARGH! She did it again! This kid will NOT stop making creepy eye contact with me. It’s almost as if… she knows.

“Hello up there, Laura. Stella seeees you!”

Eeek! Moving on now!

Omar comes home on the bus with Mandy one day. Unfortunately for him, Mandy’s busy getting a tutoring session, so I let him wander around and do what he wants. This turns out to be a mistake. Before I know it, Stella’s autonomously roped him into THIS:

Greta could barely contain her desire as she was pulled into his muscular arms. ‘But Cary!’ she gasped in scandalised delight, ‘What about your Eternally Faithful moodlet?’
“Hmm, Stella is amused by these adult hijinks. Tell me more.”

THERE’S SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS SCREENSHOT. *sob* Aside from the obviously inappropriate reading material, Stella’s leering at poor Omar and that isn’t even her bed – it’s the one used by her middle-aged aunt to romance her magic dead boyfriend. Now there’s a sentence I didn’t think I’d ever have to write.

Well, the least I can do is get Stella up to a slightly more appropriate age. I decide to age her up before school on her birthday so she can go to the dance with her sister. Hey, what’s the worst that could happen?

Oh dear. The trait she gains (and I swear I’m not making this up) is Flirty. FLIRTY. As if the boys in this town needed one more reason to feel uncomfortable around her.

You know what else is freaky about Stella? She has FANGS! I totally didn’t mean to give her the vampire teeth, so either I added them without realising or she just aged up with them in. I’m not sure which option is the more disturbing one; either way, I’m starting to lose control. Help.

Mandy and Stella get ready for their school dance that evening. Cheer up girls, it’s prom night! Show us your pretty smiles!

“Woo. Prom night. I’m so excited I could scream.”
“Pah, Stella is not entertained by this primitive social exercise. She would rather seduce boys the old-fashioned way.”

…Are these dances really getting that predictable?

Apparently so – My game is all “let’s get this out of the way” and makes Mandy Prom Queen the very second she walks into the venue. After that, she and her sister are free to beat up their classmates and be rejected for dances. They come home with a lot of negative moodlets, but they also manage to score a love interest each – Mandy gets together with Omar James, and Stella manages to nab Kristopher Sekemoto.

“Your teacher called to tell me you’ve been fighting! I can’t believe it! That’s certainly not how I raised you to behave, Amanda!”
“…Dad? Is that you?”
“Of course it’s me! I was so shocked by your mischief I aged thirty years in one night!”
“Um, I don’t think that’s how it works.”
“Huh? Speak up, I’m suddenly deaf thanks to you!”
Nothing. Sorry for missing your birthday.”
“You should be.”

Despite her brand new love interest, Stella still has a thing for Omar, even going so far as to invite herself to his house after school one day. And how does he respond to her visit?

“Oh-God-hi-Stella-I’m-late-for-work-already-bye!” *sprint*

Quickly followed by:

*SLAM* “Intruder in the James house! Put your hands where I can see them!”
“Hello, Mister Phillip. Is your case report going well?”
“*gasp* How did you know my name?!”
“You’ve employed my mother for sixteen years and have been present at every one of our family gatherings.”
“…Oh.”

“So you’re Liberty’s kid then? Hmm, I still don’t trust you. You did start dating my son without giving me enough warning to do a background check on you.”

“There has been a misunderstanding, Mister Phillip. It is my sister, not I, who is presently involved with Omar.”
“Really? In that case you seem like a nice girl. Come upstairs and have a cup of tea.”

Meanwhile, cousin Marlin comes home with Mandy during a brief window where I don’t have all my cheats on, and this is what he chooses to express:

“You people are TRASH! And just so you know I mean that, I’m going to be a jerk and ruin your screenshots with all my unflattering clunky thought bubbles!”

Oh, not anymore you won’t. *opens cheat console, enables effect hiding.* I don’t actually hate speech and thought bubbles, but I don’t want to risk important events being blocked and it’s just easier to keep them turned off all the time.

Oh, Marlin. He’s so hardcore he needs hip hop music pounding through his head before he can focus on his homework.

“You know, if you didn’t rely on technology so much you wouldn’t do so badly at school.”
“SHUT UP, MANDY.”

And then he hangs around and blows bubbles all night. True story.

“Marlin, I must object! Bubbles are bad for the growing brain!”
Shhhh. I think I hear them landing softly. Or maybe that’s just the sound of you decomposing, Grandpa.”
“You-! *deep breath* …Every day I grow older, I grow wiser. I hope you live to experience this level of enlightenment.”
“Sure, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night.”

Oh, Ben, I’m sure he didn’t mean it. You’re not that old yet. Please don’t die.

Author’s note: Yes, my name is Laura in real life. It’s not an uncommon name, so I’m looking forward to freaking out all the other Lauras who read this chapter. ;)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 51 - The Terrible Teens"
« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
Chuckle, gasp, giggle, laugh uproariously! Totally love this chapter!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2013, 08:34:40 PM »
That was hilarious. Stella is just so creepy on so many levels. I could imagine her as a vampire. Please don't make her a vampire!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »
I don't know how you did it, but this chapter managed to be even crazier and more laugh-inducing than the last one. Stella just by her very nature is simply hilarious...in a very creepy and bizarre way. If she gets with Kristopher the poor guy is going to be in for an interesting life. :P

I wasn't expecting Barry to age up this quickly! And Ben is still alive...that makes me happy. Poor guy though, his evil twin of a grandson is not a pleasant person. :/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2013, 03:40:18 AM »
Your sims have done it again! Taken the crazy to a whole new level. I don't want Ben to die either! And how creepy was Stella in that reading shot? Hilariously so!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2013, 07:57:29 AM »
That was hilarious! Every generation of the Joneses has its own uniqueness. Tammie, Ben, and now... Stella. Though Stella is by far the most unique. ( and creepy! )

And Ben is still there! Phew!

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2013, 09:34:49 AM »
Stella is flirty. FLIRTY?! This is gonna be good!

Very funny update!

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #355 on: January 06, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
Stella is going to grow up to have a VERY interesting life, and, if she has one, her spouse. I cant believe she got the flirty trait!  :o

Offline KimK972

• Nooboo
« Reply #356 on: January 06, 2013, 07:42:53 PM »
I've just read all 51 chapters over the course of a couple days, and just have to say, Ausette, your storytelling style is fabulous. I have laughed to loud so many times in reading this story. I just love how you point out the glitches and use them for comedy. You have brought some very interesting characters to life, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they will do.

Thank you for spending so much time creating this story and sharing it with us.

Louise56

« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2013, 03:19:49 AM »
The update was hilarious! The picture of Stella with her fangs showing is so funny and the bedtime story! Lol! ;D
It freak me out when sims make eye contact lol.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2013, 03:54:01 AM »
Chuckle, gasp, giggle, laugh uproariously! Totally love this chapter!

Thank you, Jude! I'm enjoying imagining you going through that sequence of reactions.  :)

That was hilarious. Stella is just so creepy on so many levels. I could imagine her as a vampire. Please don't make her a vampire!

Thanks Gogo :). Don't worry - I've turned off supernaturals in Story Progression for the Joneses, so Stella couldn't become a vampire even if she wanted to.

I don't know how you did it, but this chapter managed to be even crazier and more laugh-inducing than the last one. Stella just by her very nature is simply hilarious...in a very creepy and bizarre way. If she gets with Kristopher the poor guy is going to be in for an interesting life. :P

I wasn't expecting Barry to age up this quickly! And Ben is still alive...that makes me happy. Poor guy though, his evil twin of a grandson is not a pleasant person. :/

Thanks Raia! I'm not sure if I can top this chapter for funniness, because there was just so much bizarre stuff going on in my game during that period  :P.

Your sims have done it again! Taken the crazy to a whole new level. I don't want Ben to die either! And how creepy was Stella in that reading shot? Hilariously so!

Thanks Salti! I hope you approved of the name choices in the novel they were reading.  ;)

That was hilarious! Every generation of the Joneses has its own uniqueness. Tammie, Ben, and now... Stella. Though Stella is by far the most unique. ( and creepy! )

And Ben is still there! Phew!

Thanks Roxanne, I can't believe how popular Stella is already! The main reason this chapter was delayed so much is because of how long it took me to decide on a "voice" for her. It's good to know that paid off.  :)

Stella is flirty. FLIRTY?! This is gonna be good!

Very funny update!

Thanks Corey! I'm looking forward to further developments in the game too.  :)

Stella is going to grow up to have a VERY interesting life, and, if she has one, her spouse. I cant believe she got the flirty trait!  :o

I think so too, Ella! But remember, Caitlin had the Flirty trait too and in the end she was very much a one-man girl. We'll have to wait and see how things pan out.

I've just read all 51 chapters over the course of a couple days, and just have to say, Ausette, your storytelling style is fabulous. I have laughed to loud so many times in reading this story. I just love how you point out the glitches and use them for comedy. You have brought some very interesting characters to life, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they will do.

Thank you for spending so much time creating this story and sharing it with us.

Thanks so much for your comment, Kim! I just can't wipe the smile off my face from reading that! ;D As fun as writing this story is, I still doubt myself a lot, and having a new reader come out of the blue and offer such an awesome first impression is the best feeling in the world. Nice to see you come out of lurking, by the way.  :)

The update was hilarious! The picture of Stella with her fangs showing is so funny and the bedtime story! Lol! ;D
It freak me out when sims make eye contact lol.

Thanks, Louise! My Sims very rarely make eye contact with me in the Sims 3, so it was a bit of a shock to have it happen with Stella twice. She scares me.  :o

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 52 - Training"
« Reply #359 on: January 10, 2013, 08:19:38 AM »
Chapter 52 - Training

Shortly after Marlin’s visit, the adults win a free holiday and leave the house in the hands of the teens for a day. I assume that Marlin is somehow involved and decide on the spot to throw a wild house party.

“HISSSSS! We are NOT hosting a party! Nothing to see here!”

Did I mention Stella is having a mood swing? Anyway, soon the house is full of all the teens the Joneses know. This consists entirely of the girls’ love interests and cousins.

Omar looks quite happy to be here, but Kris Sekemoto... does not. Interacting with Stella only seems to make it worse.

“Kristofer! Your chest is a sight to behold!”
“Please stop talking.”
Oooh. You want us to communicate with our bodies?”
“NO, I want you to treat me like a Sim instead of an unfeeling hunk of pixels. Do you even know a single one of my traits?”
“Of course! I know you are a Genius and Virtuoso, for they are listed on the Sims Wiki with your full name and favourite colour.”
“...”

Kris doesn’t perk up until Marlin and Shanita arrive at the party.

He promptly ditches Stella to dance with Shanita. Repeatedly. Whenever they’re interrupted, they just re-initiate the action in another part of the living room.

Uh-oh, I know that look. It’s the “I’ve just been serenaded and now my mouth is melting with love” expression. For everyone’s sake let’s hope it’s a one-sided crush. Meanwhile, Mandy is busy being rejected for her first kiss.   

“Why won’t you kiss me, Omar? Is it my hair? You said you were OK with the matching ponytails!”
“No, Mandy. I just need a bit more time.”
“Okay. Is that enough yet?”

“Hey, sure!”

…Sims. Even the lady on the telly looks confused.

“Hello, Omar. Kristofer was not as receptive to my advances as I had hoped. Do you see where I’m going with this?”
“Uh, Mandy? Help?

STELLA! I’m sorry, but that’s just not going to happen. Could you imagine how the kids would look with Omar’s skin tone and your hair colour? Besides, if he dumped Mandy for you I’d have to do a Noah and leave her in her hometown, and I really want her to go through the culinary career for that spiffy fridge.

For all his supposed Evil-ness, Marlin’s a pretty weak presence at the party. Maybe it’s because he likes dancing by himself, maybe it’s because all the girls at the party are related to him, or perhaps he’s just keeping a low profile for when the party is inevitably busted by the police and the adults come home early.

I did say it was inevitable.

“You had a crazy party and you didn’t invite Auntie Hope? Go to your room and think about what you’ve done!”

Mandy uses her time stuck at home to build her Athletic skill. She’s wanted to do this for a while, but I kept denying her because I didn’t feel like designing an athletic outfit (that's not a silly reason when you're as lazy as me).

She isn’t training for long though, because the day after the party Ben autonomously lets the girls off the hook. Aw, he’s so sweet. :) I’m sure they really learnt their lesson from their six-hour grounding.

Stella celebrates by fishing at twilight as her glasses glow red and an ominous collar of fog encircles her throat. I really, really don’t know how she keeps finding these new ways to freak me out. Not to mention all the old ways:

Stella! For the last time, leave that poor boy alone!

Once again, Omar runs away while his tormentor is distracted.

He’s too scared to go home until he’s sure Stella’s gone, so after work Mandy takes him out to the bistro for a seafood dinner. Related note: the Lunar Lakes bistro needs better outdoor lighting.

All in all, life’s pretty good for Mandy. She’s smart, pretty, an excellent chef, dating her best friend, and getting really fit thanks to fitness training from her grandfather. Isn’t that right, Ben?

Ben?

BEN?!

“No! Grandpa Ben, don’t go!”
“It’s alright, my darling. Death is not my enemy. You’ll understand when you’re my age.”
“*sniff* No offence Grandpa, but I don’t think ANYONE will be your age.”
“Ah, Amanda. You never really knew her, but you remind me so much of my wife. She was the strongest, loveliest Sim I’ve ever met, and feel proud to share such wonderful children and grandchildren with her. Will you honour her memory when I'm gone?”
“I’ll try. I love you, Gramps.”
“I love you too. You’re a beautiful young woman and you’re going to make that nice Omar boy very happy.”

Benjamin Jones passed away at the age of one hundred and sixteen days old. He went out with a smile and was seen off by his daughters, granddaughters, and one very bewildered policeman. Ben was, and still is, one of my all-time favourite Sims to play. Rest in peace, my sweet, delusional little fire-fighter. May you be reunited with your Lisa in the Sim Bin.

Hope and Liberty: “DAAAAAAD!”
Phillip James: “Is there anything I can do? …I’ll just show myself out then.”