Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898510 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »
more wishes:

read 50 books, worth 7500k (my sim was bookworm)

find relics worth 3000 - worth 5000 (my sim was adventurous)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2012, 06:23:21 PM »
In my dynasty, I'm planning for my sim to marry a ghost. Is there any way other than moving out the ghost to get rid of her? I don't want to move her out but I also don't want her to live forever. Also, after she gives birth to a child who is a ghost, am I allowed to use ambrosia to make her human?

There are no restrictions on life extending for anyone other than heirs so using ambrosia would not be a problem.

Reposting here now that I'm somewhat awake.

Once the heir is born, can we cure the occult partner of their occultness? Such as a vampire getting the cure from the science facility, or asking a fairy to forsake the fae? I haven't started yet, but I'd like the partners/spouses to die in the family, and I can think of at least 4 occults that have long lifespans (vampire, fairy, genie, werewolf).

There are no restrictions for anyone in the house other than heirs.  Just don't purposefully kill them.

A few more 5k+ wishes for the list.

For gardening we can getting a perfect life fruit plant.
For photography we can add maxing the skill and taking a photo worth 2 500 and 3 500.

Maybe a silly question but do we need to max the career for the rewards to count?

You don't have to but it's an extra wish that you can get uniquely for a Sim since that is probably going to be the most random part of this dynasty other than the birth of the next gen.  Otherwise, as long as you don't have to be level 10 to receive the reward than no you don't have to max the career.  Most rewards come later rather than sooner however.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »
Thank you Rica.
I have a feeling getting the career to max could kill my sim and I got a spare 5k wish I can use after I get my perfect life fruit plant either way...

thesweetestpea

« Reply #273 on: September 23, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »
I can't see anything in the rules that would ban the use of personality-changing elixirs. I assume this is a no-no; am I right?

Also, are we permitted to send spouses to get plastic surgery, since they're not covered by the prohibition on extending life?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
Sweetest Pea, I don't know what the personality elixir does exactly, but we can't change anyone's traits or LTW's, so if it does that, then I think it would be a no no.
From the rules:
 Spouses/partners' traits must be taken as is. In other words, if you bring Grumpy old Gunther Goth into your household, his traits stay as is, as well as his lifetime wish. For heirs raised from birth where you have the option to pick traits and a Lifetime Wish, everything must be random.  All infants born into your game must be given two random traits at birth.  You must accept the first dice roll and you can only choose a Lifetime Wish from whatever the game offers you (no Mid-Life Crisis and no Change Lifetime Wish). This restriction is for heirs and spouses only.  Spares can have any traits or Lifetime Wish that the player chooses past the infant stage.
** The only thing I'm not sure of is that if you get to pick spares traits starting at child, if you can use personality elixirs on them, or not.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »
Sweetest Pea, I don't know what the personality elixir does exactly, but we can't change anyone's traits or LTW's, so if it does that, then I think it would be a no no.
From the rules:
 Spouses/partners' traits must be taken as is. In other words, if you bring Grumpy old Gunther Goth into your household, his traits stay as is, as well as his lifetime wish. For heirs raised from birth where you have the option to pick traits and a Lifetime Wish, everything must be random.  All infants born into your game must be given two random traits at birth.  You must accept the first dice roll and you can only choose a Lifetime Wish from whatever the game offers you (no Mid-Life Crisis and no Change Lifetime Wish). This restriction is for heirs and spouses only.  Spares can have any traits or Lifetime Wish that the player chooses past the infant stage.
** The only thing I'm not sure of is that if you get to pick spares traits starting at child, if you can use personality elixirs on them, or not.

Sure. But without a specific prohibition, that can be read to allow the personality changing elixirs for heirs. Mid-Life Crisis is specifically mentioned, but the elixirs aren't, and there will be someone that tries to exploit that. I have no doubt of the intended meaning, but it is possible that because they're randomized there may not be a specific prohibition.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »
Elixirs are not allowed to change life states, but are they allowed as 7 items? Just to make and put in the mausoleum and not use them of course.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »
Elixirs are not allowed to change life states, but are they allowed as 7 items? Just to make and put in the mausoleum and not use them of course.

Yes. They are already in the list linked in the rules:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12445.msg243365.html#msg243365

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
Yes. They are already in the list linked in the rules:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12445.msg243365.html#msg243365

Ok, must have overlooked that somehow.
I am happy I can try out Alchemy. Thank you!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2012, 09:33:39 PM »
I can't see anything in the rules that would ban the use of personality-changing elixirs. I assume this is a no-no; am I right?

Also, are we permitted to send spouses to get plastic surgery, since they're not covered by the prohibition on extending life?

Personality changing elixirs on spouses are a no.  Thanks for bringing that up.   Plastic Surgery - go for it. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2012, 10:20:53 PM »
We have to use only Lifetime Wishes that the game offers to us, but that doesn't mean we have to take the first one it offers, does it?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2012, 10:22:58 PM »
No.  You do not have to choose one that randomly appears as a wish while an heir is growing up.  But if you don't choose one before then, you will have to choose only one of the five at the YA birthday.

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2012, 10:42:18 PM »
I've started this challenge 4 different times now. Start with a human Sim married Argus Werewolf guy in the new town and he can't seem to make babies. I have no mods installed but overwatch to keep things from freezing up. All my CC is from the store only and I've tried and tried to get pregnant and nothing happens. Anyone else having a problem making babies? Maybe I need to turn off Overwatch but my game gets crazy buggy without it.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2012, 10:50:46 PM »
Not as yet, but you do know that there is a no-mod rule if you want to go for HoF, right? The exception being a mod that turns off all other mods in game.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2012, 10:53:11 PM »
I've started this challenge 4 different times now. Start with a human Sim married Argus Werewolf guy in the new town and he can't seem to make babies. I have no mods installed but overwatch to keep things from freezing up. All my CC is from the store only and I've tried and tried to get pregnant and nothing happens. Anyone else having a problem making babies? Maybe I need to turn off Overwatch but my game gets crazy buggy without it.

Are you absolutely certain that Argus isn't in werewolf form when you're trying?  Did you put him in human form?  Do you clear out your cache files regularly?