Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288235 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Continental Drift
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2013, 05:30:04 AM »
What a beautiful wedding. And the bride handled the unexpected visitor very well.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Continental Drift
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2013, 11:04:50 AM »
Awesome. I think Hiram was the perfect fit. Glad to see a reappearance by Freddie,I don't know why but I think he'll be one of my favorites, even though his character isn't all that fleshed out, I'm thinking it mostly has something to do with the fact that you named him after "Drop Dead Fred" and now I have a strange attachment to his character and well being ;)

I'm pretty fond of him too.  His hippie nature makes me very happy.  Glad you're satisfied with Hiram!

Okay, that was a great update! Haha, the alien ghost at the wedding! How unexpected!

Well, I still have hopes that Ophelia's line will one day marry into the family, even if it isn't Freddy. I came around to liking Hiram the second he made me laugh with "and there's AskHiramToMoveIn!" The fact that he's quite handsome also helps, too. I have to say, though, after the "Babe. English" line and how flirty he is, I didn't think that was where you were headed with the story. Still, sometimes the stories you love most are the ones you didn't see coming. I'm officially on board!

I think she likes when he tells her to speak English.  In a roundabout way, he's complimenting her intellectualism.  Also, remember, he's a silly teen boy when he says that.  I think we'll see a lot of personal growth in Hiram.

And yeah, I'd like to merge Ophelia's line eventually too.  I have a bit of a plan in my head, but we'll see how it works out!

Wow! So much has happened...
Rosetta grew into a stunning young woman. I cannot see why she is so worried about the shape of her mouth. NPC's and immigrant townies do not have gorgeous features like that. I hope it stays in the family for a tat longer.
So sorry Goopy was called to the Netherworld early. Not only because he is a gorgeous Sim, but also because it put the dynasty in a somewhat uncomfortable situation. Here's hoping that the Emmett will save the day!
Congratulations to Rosetta and Hiram!  :D

The thing about her lip - it is very slightly imperfect, and I know so many super attractive people who concentrate to the point of obsession on one little feature that they think derails their entire appearance.  Rosetta is neurotic, so I thought she'd do the same!  I agree, though, she is stunning.  Fantastic cheekbones.

Poor Goopy, it is not fair that he die so soon.  Congrats to the newly weds. :)

Thanks!  I agree, it truly wasn't fair, especially as it caused Dynasty Panic #2 and Mona Lisa had zero time to enjoy immortality with him for a little while before he went.

Wow, your story is absolutely magnificent. What a shame that Goopy is dead now. :( And congratulations to Rosetta and Hiram!

Thanks!  Magnificent is a pretty awesome compliment ;)

What a beautiful wedding. And the bride handled the unexpected visitor very well.

Haha, she's a supernatural fan.  She had a happy "Saw a ghost!" moodlet for several hours after the wedding.  It was like a special Rosetta-themed birthday present.  Poor alien, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Spontaneous Generation
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »
Before we begin, as promised, here are a few shots I took of Freddie before he returned to boarding school.  It's funny, my wedding day already seems like 100 years ago.  Here he is in his formal wear from the day of the ceremony.  He insisted those bare feet were a sign of respect and ... what was it?  "Oneness with the earth on this blessed day."  I love Freddie, but mercy, small doses.

This is his every day wear.  I grabbed this shot right before he headed back to school.  I love his dis-jointed teen-effort sideburns.  It's kind of adorable, don't you think?

Anyway, I'm sure he'll break a heart or ten.  I asked him if he had a girlfriend back at school and he leveled me with his big, goo-goo eyes and said something like, "Rosetta, I'm not sure that the restrictions of titles and expectations are the best thing to foster the natural tender state of love."

So, that's a "no?"  Or maybe it's a "yeah, Etta, I have 3 or 4 girlfriends."  Hippies.

I took over the responsibility of museum maintenance for Mom.  While I was down there, I placed Dad's urn, finally.  It was a hard goodbye, but I'm glad I was able to take the burden from my mother, who is really struggling with the loss.  When she goes down there, she'll always remember that he gave her that bouquet of flowers, in her favorite color.  I preserved them chemically so they will last forever.

I also created my young adult section.  It's wider than Gran's and Mom's, but I think that's just because the Classic family has now been overcome with photography fever.  It'll be fine.  It's not as though there's any shortage of space in the basement.

Well, the days began to tick by and slowly we got over the loss of Dad.  As much as you do, anyway.  Emmett finally managed to make it to level 7 of the painting skill and got immediately to work on Mom's portrait.

I, on the other hand, woke up with somewhat of a surprise.

Hiram has decided to put his charisma to use by becoming a businessman, so I had to wait all day to tell him.  When he finally came home, he put his hand on my still flat stomach and frowned slightly.

"Stick it out, Rosetta.  I want to feel like there's a baby in there."

I laughed and arched my back so he could attempt to feel the little itty bitty clump of cells that would be our child.  "You won't feel anything, Hiram.  It's only the size of a bug right now."

He grinned at me, his dimples giving me heart palpations.  He focused back on my belly and adapted a little child's voice.  "Hello, Bug!" he said.  "Do you love your Daddy?  Daddy loves you!"

Hiram is family oriented, so I have no doubt that he's already in love with the child.

"It's a Bug, Rosetta.  You said so."

"I was being comparative."

"Nope, it's already stuck in my brain.  That's what you get for giving misinformation to lesser intellects."

"Oh, stop it."

Emmett has gone back to his old ways.  I haven't caught him eating jelly beans, but I did catch him going to an alien party.  Ah well, I guess enjoy the days you have.  We can't all be immortal.

I've been nurturing my pregnancy by finding more and more stars.  I name them all after baby things.

Mom's display was finally finished, and what a relief it was.

However!  When she went to use the replicator, it had once again forgotten how to make ambrosia!  I ask you, why would this happen twice?  I think we need a new replicator.  Luckily, we both had about a dozen life fruit that Grandma Carlotta and grown in her youth and half a dozen death fish that Gran has been breeding in the aquarium.  We also have Ophelia.

I know my mother sat with hers on the day that ambrosia was eaten, but ... you know, I'm a genius.  Yes, of course you do.  Here's the thing.  So very little surprises me anymore.  I would love to be entirely shocked the day I consume my ambrosia.  Is that so bad?  And besides, I was doing important work.  I was finishing up the decor of my future child's gender-neutral green nursery.

Well, sometimes things happen all at once.  My mother, in a moment of triumph, sat down beside her mother, ready to taste everlasting life.

And I suddenly felt a stabbing pain shoot through my body.

Hiram had been wanting to watch the ambrosia eating, but suddenly he remembered he needed to be at the office when he heard the Butler panicking.  He was gone in a flash.

Thanks, darling.  Your support is invaluable.  Anyway, I suppose I'm quite independent and can handle it on my own.  That day, the house was awash in brilliant light.  The first embracing my mother with the gift of immortality.

And the last giving me a daughter, sprouted from my body and my love. 

Her name is Eden Classic.

I confess I only update our tale now because her infancy was a hectic one.  She is excitable and sweet and loved being walked outdoors, but I barely slept.  I am so very in love with my Eden.

Her toddler birthday, I'd hoped, would give me some solace.  Perhaps I could even start my job one day!  We put the cake directly in the nursery for simplicity's sake.

I wondered if she'd be blonde or ginger.  If she'd have my dark blue eyes or Hiram's sky blue.  She surprised all of us.

I picked her up and carried her to the dresser to get a look at her.  She has my mother's coloring.  She is entirely darling.

While the family ate cake and talked excitedly about all we'd accomplished, how far we'd come, and the future for baby Eden, I handed her a bottle and sat down across from her to watch her drink and giggle.  Perhaps this seems ungrateful to all I've experienced, but as of right now I'm throughly convinced: my life is just beginning.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Stats
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »
I realized I didn't post these for Coralie (though they are all on the first page).  Here are the stats for Coralie and Mona Lisa, my Classic immortals :)

Founder -- Coralie Classic

Traits: family oriented, proper, bookworm, neat, charismatic
Spouse: Camillo (Mancini) Classic
Career: Writer (maxed)
Skill: Writing (Supermaxed)
Other Maxed Skills: Fishing
Lifetime Wish: Professional Author (completed)
6 Unique Black Ops (completed): Rising Writer, To Boldly Go, A History of One, Correcting Past Mistakes, Add a Little Drama, Deliver a Book to Egypt
6 Unique Best Friends: Carlotta GilsCarbo, Camillo Classic, Vanna Seng, Fred Calderon, Marion Calderon, Casey Herrera
3 Unique Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever, Acclaimed Author, Inheritance
Property: Moonlit Stroll Park
Building: Classic Indulgences Books & Bistro
Portraits: YA, A, Elder
Sculptures: YA, A, Elder
Photographs:
Immortal at 79 Days

Immortal 2 - Mona Lisa Classic

Traits: lucky, artistic, photographer's eye, perfectionist, savvy sculptor
Spouse: Goopy (GilsCarbo) Classic
Career: Painting (maxed)
Skill: Painting (supermaxed)
Other Maxed Skills: Photography, Sculpting
Lifetime Wish: Visionary (completed)
6 Unique Black Ops: Art-a-thon, Small Painting, The Importance of Sculpting, Popular Painter, Interior Decor, Paint the Town
6 Unique Best Friends:  Goopy Classic, Ophelia Classic, Coralie Classic, Rosetta Classic, Bianca Monty, Georgia Giordano, Nicoletta Lombardi
3 Unique Lifetime Rewards: Clean Slate, Extra Creative, Fireproof Homestead
Property: Venice Beach
Building: DaVinci Day Spa
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Photographs: Adult
Immortal At: 77 Days

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Spontaneous Generation
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2013, 11:57:59 AM »
It looks like we might have some to take advantage of the large green house? Eden looks very sweet.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »
Eden is adorable.

What bad luck that you are stuck with a glitching replicator. I had one as well, and sometimes it would forget over night, while other times it would remember for weeks. It was kind of a lottery. I was saved by the magic of storage chests and since my founder managed to learn cooking in time. Good for you to have a backup plan!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2013, 01:41:44 PM »
Just in time! Go get 'em, Emmett!

Ugh, that replicator glitch is irritating! Good thing that Ophelia is around, though someone else is going to have to learn cooking at some point...gosh, I don't want to think about Ophie's passing. She's such a sweetheart.

Welcome little Eden. What a doll! So from her name...I gather gardening will be her supermax?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2013, 03:58:10 PM »
It looks like we might have some to take advantage of the large green house? Eden looks very sweet.

Mmm, yes.  It's such a shame that it's been sitting unused.

Eden is adorable.

What bad luck that you are stuck with a glitching replicator. I had one as well, and sometimes it would forget over night, while other times it would remember for weeks. It was kind of a lottery. I was saved by the magic of storage chests and since my founder managed to learn cooking in time. Good for you to have a backup plan!

She is pretty cute.  I've noticed that her hair is black, not the pretty red/brown that Mona Lisa's is, so it's actually Goopy's hair and Mona Lisa's eyes that Eden has inherited.  Which is sweet, considering Goopy's untimely demise.  Were you able to put prepared ambrosia in the chests, or what?

Just in time! Go get 'em, Emmett!

Ugh, that replicator glitch is irritating! Good thing that Ophelia is around, though someone else is going to have to learn cooking at some point...gosh, I don't want to think about Ophie's passing. She's such a sweetheart.

Welcome little Eden. What a doll! So from her name...I gather gardening will be her supermax?

Yes ma'am.  Have a carnival prize!

I really don't want think about losing Ophelia either!  Coralie has been casually cooking since Carlotta died, so hopefully she'll be able to pick up where Ophelia leaves off by the time ... that ... happens :/

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2013, 04:49:09 PM »
Yay for the pretty baby! I love her name. And her nickname is cute too  ;D
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2013, 05:23:40 PM »
Were you able to put prepared ambrosia in the chests, or what?

No, but I had one full of death fish and life fruit so each time I had to restock the replicator I just took the ingredients from there. I didn't want to keep them in the inventory because sometimes sims eat things they aren't supposed to, or make pancakes with life fruit which would be bad, bad, bad.

I think I also read somewhere that you can save the mixing bowl, by moving it so that no one can throw it away (when I tried I put it in the no entry basement) and just take it up with build mode when you need to refill the replicator. But I got tired of that and just cooked new ambrosia after a while since loading build mode was so time consuming. I guess it all depends on how much life fruit and death fish you have. Since both fishing and gardening were open skills for me, I ended up with lots of both.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »
Eden is gorgeous! And, on a side note, so is Freddy . . . sigh. He's just so cute with the "tender love" and "no restrictions or titles" and "I love you, Rosette, will you marry me?"
Sorry to hear about the replicator glitch! Good thing you have a permanent fisherwoman and can always teach someone cooking. Still, constantly getting and cooking the ingredients sounds like a hassle.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2013, 07:41:03 PM »
"I love you, Rosette, will you marry me?"

I do believe you've begun hallucinating.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2013, 07:44:51 PM »
I do believe you've begun hallucinating.

I don't know what you're talking about, I distinctly read that Freddy declared his love for Rosette, but he was forced to go to boarding school the next day. He wrote letters to her, and poems about her, and spoke of her to the dancing rainbow squirrels. He then went on a quest to the Kingdom of the Running Chimpanzees, fought the Emperor of Stone Cheese, and took his rotating lollipop. I'm sure it happened!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »
Oh, azokka, your mind is a beautiful and terrifying place.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
Oh, azokka, your mind is a beautiful and terrifying place.

Thank you. I've been told before.
I love how Rosette is so scientific and calculating, but with this little soft, emotional side . . . it's so cute!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything