Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288163 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Wedding March
« Reply #450 on: March 05, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
Congratulations, Eureka! Such an accomplishment. Good luck to Allegra in her new supermax, I think the in-story reason is very sound and I hope she does find a cure for her poor dear husband. I loved that little moment between Allegra and Humberto. Beautiful.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #451 on: March 05, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »

It seems to me like Allegra is turning out to be your difficult immortal. There's always at least one, right? Someone who's career/supermax/etc turns out to be weirdly difficult? First the supermax, now the spouse! The fact that your game largely seems to be treating him as human except for the thirst need seems promising--like maybe it thinks he's human so it won't pass down vampire genes to the baby. Anyway, here's to hoping you get everything sorted out. I need my Classic fix! So tell that vampire to cooperate, darn it!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #452 on: March 06, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
A lovely chapter. I quite like how you have integrated the problem into the storyline. Here's hoping that it can be fixed!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
A Very Classic Interlude
« Reply #453 on: March 07, 2013, 07:27:45 PM »
Allegra

Something's going on around here and no one is telling me what it is.  I suppose that between my job as a roadie, occasionally filling in for the symphony guitarist, and making alchemy potions like nobody's business, maybe they think I'm too overwhelmed to know the gossip.

Whatever.  I need some solace between dressing in birdpoo couture and feeling like I'm waiting for my Daddy to die so I can have the next immortal.  I'm stressed out, okay?  Super stressed out.

Eureka

This immortality thing has turned out to be pretty stellar.  I spend all day now relaxing in the hot tub with my hot man, it seems.

We all know that he's not got much longer, but Humbug and I have come pretty close to terms with it.  Sometimes he leans close and I can smell the mint on his breath and feel the warmth of his face near mine, and he tells me that we'll have another future together, where I'll continue to groundbreak, to create life where there was no life before, and where we'll live in eternal bliss.

Maybe it's all a fairytale.  But as my mother would say, what's the difference between fairytales and real life?

Eden

Sometimes I get scared in thunderstorms.  But, you know what's really scary?  When a giant stone head appears out of nowhere in your brain and DEMANDS you bring your happy butt and all the other happy immortal butts to itself im-mediately.

Well, what am I supposed to do about that?  My daughter is only just now starting to act like I'm smart enough to be friends with.  Not that we do very smart things, it's more about FUN!

But, you know, hearing your little girl laugh, even if she's not even slightly a little girl anymore ... well, that's just about the best thing ever.  Especially when you know it's all 'cause of you!

Sometimes I go down to that great big immortal museum and I freak out some at the last two empty spaces along the wall.

And yet, people still say, "don't be such a child, Eden!"  A child?  I've been an old lady for two lifetimes!  And I'm not even done yet!

Rosetta

I don't think I realized how much I've missed teaching until these last weeks with the daycare kids.

You forget how old you are until another immortal eats her ambrosia and that once per lifetime trip to the museum is made.  You compare photos of two people in your home and you think, gee.  We've all aged a bit, haven't we now?

Early this morning, at around 3AM or so, Eden absolutely demanded that we go with her to an abandoned park on the edge of town.  I'm used to the absurd whims of my daughter, but at this stage, why deny her?  Unfortunately both Granny and myself occasionally forget which umbrella in our inventory is the good one.

Well, turns out Eden wasn't full of fantasy this time.  Things were about to get weird.

Mona Lisa

I've suspected for a fairly long time that Eden isn't quite human.  She never came out and announced but, but both she and her mother have made so many "witch" puns over the years, that it's hard not to assume.  Plus, there's the blue glow appliance upgrades and the cauldron upstairs ... you know what?  Shut up.  I see that it's obvious now, all right?

So, funny story.  Turns out that giant stone totem pole on the edge of town is like a Frankensim, wherein Eden gives it microwave fingers and ... apparently it'll come to life?  When it's eyes popped open, I thought I was going to die.

She was at it for hours.  Then, when the eyes glowed green, we immortals experienced something only Mom had experienced before.  We heard the Watcher.

"Wonderful job, Eden," the voice said, though it didn't sound like much.  As much as thoughts sound like, I suppose?

"This is weird," Eden said back.

"I know it, love," said the Watcher.

Coralie

I hadn't expected to hear from the Watcher again for at least another two generations.  My first impulse was to give her a giant piece of my mind.  But then I realized I was surrounded by these other ladies, my descendants, my family, because she'd put me here, so I bit my tongue.

We were given information.  At this stage in the game, that is the most valuable thing we could ask for. 

"So, so close," the Watcher said.  "Classic sensibilities are being restored all over the Simsverse.  Universities are opening!  Technology is improving!  In fact, check your inventories, I've given you all new smartphones!  Rosetta, I've bought you books on the possibilities.  We can't use them just yet, but there's no harm in knowing what's out there."

We were shell shocked, obviously.  Rosetta immediately buried herself in the book while the rest of us listened.

"Coralie, you can write directly to your fans now.  Sims have discovered social networking and activism!  Eden, there are dozens of new harvestables!  Mona Lisa, there are new artistic platforms for you to learn one day soon!  Rosetta, there's the wide world of science for you!  And Eureka, my Eureka, for you there is a breakthrough ... a new way to create life from infancy.  To pull a brand new life directly from the earth for your very own."

There were titters of excitement from all of us, but the Watcher's voice was fading.

"I want you to know how proud we all are of you.  Not just me, but every Watcher who knows you're out there.  Mona Lisa, I need you to hide the University kit that's being dropped off at the house.  Allegra must not know it is an option and none of you are permitted to attend at this stage.  But please, be excited!  We are so close ..."

And with that, her voice faded away and we exchanged silent looks.

Allegra

I'm torn between thinking that something is definitely up and that I'm being paranoid.  Grandma Mona Lisa has been acting all stealthy lately, but she always has her own thing going on.

No one yelled at Eden for dying the cat pink.

And the daycare seems to take up all the free time in Grannyland.

I do have one suspicion.  I overheard Granny giving one of the kids a talking lesson.  Kinda sounded like she was teaching him to say "Dynasty Spouse."

In fact, I can swear sometimes they're gossiping in hushed voices just so I, specifically won't hear.

Eh, it's ridiculous right?  It's not like there are any secrets in the Classic House.

Offline achrist123

• Nooboo
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - A Very Classic Interlude
« Reply #454 on: March 07, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
"Rosetta, God is talking to u-"

"Shhh, reading."

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #455 on: March 07, 2013, 09:29:14 PM »

What a cute update, and fitting too. It does seem like University has come just to give each of your elders a new hobby that's suited to each of their personalities.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #456 on: March 10, 2013, 12:35:46 PM »
I read through this dynasty from beginning to end! Aww I love them all. Specially loved the Ophelia-Emmett love story and the Freddie-Eunice-Eden triangle. Such sweet romances!

Counting till the net update! You have one loyal reader!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #457 on: March 13, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »
"Rosetta, God is talking to u-"

"Shhh, reading."

Rosetta has her priorities.

What a cute update, and fitting too. It does seem like University has come just to give each of your elders a new hobby that's suited to each of their personalities.

It has quite refreshed the file!  I love the tagging most of all.

I read through this dynasty from beginning to end! Aww I love them all. Specially loved the Ophelia-Emmett love story and the Freddie-Eunice-Eden triangle. Such sweet romances!

Counting till the net update! You have one loyal reader!

How wonderful to hear!  Thanks so much for leaving a comment :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
1,001 Nights
« Reply #458 on: March 13, 2013, 05:46:51 PM »
After a bit of waiting, I got another giant-stone-head message that it was okay to move forward with all our new things!  Finally, we could stop skirting around Allegra.  Finally, for some of us after lifetimes, there were new and exciting things in the world!

"I just knew there was something up!" she said.

Now that the jig was up and everyone knew I was a superwitch, the Watcher decided to let me cash in a Magic Hands LTR and play around with magically cleaning the house and randomly blasting family members with sunlight.  What fun!

We're having lots of fun, actually!  Everyone but Allegra, who must must supermax.

I've got some renewed interest in my pub, and asked Gran if she wouldn't mind going and doing some art on the walls!  She did the first one the night I asked.

Unfortunately, the police thought she was a vandal and hauled her off to jail.  I think she secretly felt kind of awesome about the the whole thing.

"Goop would be horrified," she told me later with a giggle.

After 1,001 charms and transfigurations and house cleanings, I finally, after a long, long life, maxed out my magical abilities!

"Well, now you need to do the thing," the Watcher said.  Or more like the scary stone head said in my brain.  "You know," it prodded.  "The thing."

"I don't like you," I said out loud.

Well, I was planning on going out that night anyway.  We were all going to go hang out at the pub while Gran painted so if the cops came, we could vouch for her.  Eureka rode with her a bit ahead of me.  She's been reading up on mixology and wanted to test out some new drink creations on our clients. 

"I am an inventor, after all," she said.

Meanwhile, I was scouring the cemetery. 

"Do I have to do this?" I said out loud. 

The stone head in my mind answered, "Yeah.  We need to know it works."

"Can I go to therapy after this?"

"No.  I'll stop bothering you."

"Lies."

I squinted with my old lady eyes in the incredible darkness (sorry about the photos!).  "Mancini," I mouthed.  "I think I'm related to this guy!" 

Well, that settled it.  I wiggled my magic fingers and blasted the tombstone.

A crackling noise started and to my horror, a zombie clawed its way out of the grave and started ambling toward me.  "Nope!" I decided and turned to leave.

"Eden!" my brain snapped.

Zombies really squick me out, Watcher.  If you're listening, you need to know that.  So anyway, I held my breath and blasted possibly-great-great-grandpa with a sunlight charm.  After that he vanished.  I might invite him to a party sometime.  After I tell my family I resurrected great grandpa Camillo's father without asking anyone first.

I rushed to the bar after that.  There was music on and most of the family was there, enjoying themselves while Gran upgraded our new pink walls.  I was LOVING how it looked!

But then something awful happened.  Or something inevitable.  Something we were waiting for and dreading in equal measure.

"Oh, no!" I cried, looking around frantically for my daughter, but she was fine.  She walked up to the ghost of her husband and gave him a small, sad smile.

"So long, Humbug."

"Not forever, Kiki."

She choked on a laugh/sob.  "I'd shove you down if you had a body."

"Love you," he said.

"Love you too."

And then he was gone.

Eureka fled home to tell Allegra, but she already knew.  Humberto and Penni were good friends and dogs have a sixth sense when their masters die.

I stayed in the bar.  I hate being home right after a death.  So much crying.  I just played with my favorite toy until the feelings calmed down in my heart.

Mona Lisa was upstairs, doing as I asked her.  She's always had her art.

Back home, Allegra slept soundly in her Orlando's arms, worn out from her sobbing.

We all have moodlet managers, but somehow you feel guilty using it to stop mourning someone you loved, and we all did love Humberto. 

She knew her husband would be the last man to ever live in this house, and the last love.  She cherished that while she could.

I didn't tell anyone about the resurrection.  It seemed bad timing.  Why bring back a stranger and not my son-in-law?  Somehow the family dogs always know my secrets, though.

Slowly, but surely, things started inching back to normal.  The daycare was a big hit around town and playing with toddlers cheers us all up.  Plus, there's another elderly soul in the household we're all taking time to love before it's too late.

No one has seen Gran in days.  Granny says that's a good thing.  "She hasn't painted this much since before they died," she says, and then blogs about it.

Allegra has been promoted to Stagehand.  We sometimes think she's working herself too hard, though.

Then again, it's amazing how naive we all are after living for so long.  Allegra must have known, though she didn't use the dresser to pick out maternity clothes because the Watcher forgot if she was allowed to or not.

And there, in Allegra's belly, grows a life to take the spot Humberto lived in.  And to carry on his genes!  There in her belly is an immortal old woman, who will live forever, who will know what it feels like to forget yourself between the 1,001 days and nights and laughs and cries and mourns. 

In Allegra's belly lives the 7th Immortal Classic.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - 1,001 Nights
« Reply #459 on: March 13, 2013, 07:07:07 PM »
Yay, nooboo! Sorry, that was a non-negotiable announcement . . . in other news . . .

Good luck with supermaxing Alchemy!

Word of warning: Restoration Ritual spoils all the food in the fridge.

I love Mona's artistic expression on the wall! It makes me even more excited for UL . . . which is due to come today . . . grrr . . .

No, Humbug! I still remember when they were all teenagers--where has the time gone?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #460 on: March 13, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »

An immortal old lady living in Allegra's belly; now there's an interesting thought for you. Somehow that seems very poetic and Eden-y. Mona's street art makes for some awesome cafe decor. Farewell,  Humbug, but yay for nooboo!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #461 on: March 13, 2013, 10:07:35 PM »
Fingers crossed that Allegra's nooboo is a girl!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #462 on: March 14, 2013, 12:00:06 AM »
I'll bet she's going to live on a steady diet of watermelon until the nooboo comes!
Sigh. At this point in a dynasty the joys come with sorrows. The circle of life: no one enters the world without someone leaving it. How bittersweet. You are so close now! I love that Eden narrated this chapter, her unique view on things is always poetic and beautiful. The street art is really cool! I didn't know you would be able to paint a painting from the game!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #463 on: March 14, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »
I'm more intrigued with how you got around Orlando's vampire issues. Anyways, I sense a very beautiful generation seven for you, even if it's at the expense of Humberto (RIP).

And only Mona Lisa could look so adorable whilst getting arrested.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #464 on: March 14, 2013, 02:03:57 PM »
Yay, nooboo! Sorry, that was a non-negotiable announcement . . . in other news . . .

Good luck with supermaxing Alchemy!

Word of warning: Restoration Ritual spoils all the food in the fridge.

I love Mona's artistic expression on the wall! It makes me even more excited for UL . . . which is due to come today . . . grrr . . .

No, Humbug! I still remember when they were all teenagers--where has the time gone?

I wondered why the food all went bad!  I thought I'd just lost track of how long it'd been since Coralie had cook duty.  Thanks for the tip!!  You'll love university when it comes.  I'm having a blast with my students challenge just playing with every single thing on campus.

An immortal old lady living in Allegra's belly; now there's an interesting thought for you. Somehow that seems very poetic and Eden-y. Mona's street art makes for some awesome cafe decor. Farewell,  Humbug, but yay for nooboo!

I am loving the street art.  I think I might add the bakery stuff to Eureka's cafe so there's a day time hangout downstairs and a bar upstairs.  University is probably becoming my favorite expansion since Generations.  You guys shall meet the new old lady this evening when I get off work.  :)

Fingers crossed that Allegra's nooboo is a girl!

It is!  Mother and daughter are resting at Chez Classic while the Watcher does the 9-5.

I'll bet she's going to live on a steady diet of watermelon until the nooboo comes!
Sigh. At this point in a dynasty the joys come with sorrows. The circle of life: no one enters the world without someone leaving it. How bittersweet. You are so close now! I love that Eden narrated this chapter, her unique view on things is always poetic and beautiful. The street art is really cool! I didn't know you would be able to paint a painting from the game!

I feel like I will subconsciously eat crap tons of watermelon if ever I become pregnant.  Call it Sims conditioning.  I thought it was really sweet that Eureka held it together until Humberto disappeared into his urn.  Probably a routing error or something, but it still tugged my heartstrings.

The thing I like best about the street art is that you can "start over" at any time if you don't want the image that's coming up.  I don't think there are very many large mural options, however, which is a disappointment.

I'm more intrigued with how you got around Orlando's vampire issues. Anyways, I sense a very beautiful generation seven for you, even if it's at the expense of Humberto (RIP).

And only Mona Lisa could look so adorable whilst getting arrested.

A few days after Orlando moved in, he suddenly became a full vampire again spontaneously.  So I slapped him with another potent cure.  He still has glowy eyes, but he appears to be fully cured and baby [redacted] seems perfectly human.