Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 198581 times)

Offline ilovebakedgoods

• Llama Wrangler
  • I just swallowed my gum.
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #555 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49:39 AM »
Simply put - I love baked goods; eating and baking them!

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #556 on: August 05, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
That`s just my first name, believe it or not  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #557 on: August 06, 2012, 03:00:07 AM »
A few of you may be familiar with the books of Jacqueline Carey, set in Terre D'Ange. If so, you'll recognize the name as one of the provinces founded by the gentlest and most artistic of the Companions.
- Eisande

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #558 on: August 07, 2012, 06:28:24 AM »
Haha, mine's pretty funny - my name is Bethany, but when I was little I couldn't pronounce it, so I called myself Neenee. Doesn't matter that I'm not little anymore, I still get called Neenee ;D and then my middle name's Pearl, so put the two together, and you've got NeeneePearl!
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #559 on: August 07, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
NeeNee, you and my little sister will get along just fine... She still does the baby talk thing, and names all her cats accordingly... I dread to think what she'd if she had the Pets expansion! Our home language is afrikaans, so it won't mean much to you, but I'll translate the necessary: her first cat was Po-Soey-Soey (emulating the sound), the next was Issa-my-one-way. Her last was Didi until he became Goue Balletjies, which in translation is "Tiny golden ..." I was in shock. My own cat though was called Hoender ("Chicken").
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline djpixc

• Nooboo
« Reply #560 on: August 07, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »
ok well my name comes from always being called pixie from a young age, stuck with me but i changed it to pixc not too long ago and used it as my dj name and email, i have since stopped djing really, and still produce music under a different name so this one i use cos of my email really, all my forums general use that email :)

Offline Skyla

• Esme Rose. 05.02.13
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Skyla-Bliss
« Reply #561 on: August 07, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »
Mine's simply my name.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chaosmaster j

• Sims University Professor
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »
Ok mine comes from AQ worlds.If anyone doesn't know what that is it's just another MMORPG.The whole game is about chaos so I named my character chaosmaster j.And I've used it ever since.
At Sims University, we are scared by our mikes, 50% our students sleep in lectures, our students have fights over who gets to go through a door first, and students starve to death at a regular basis. Enroll NOW!

Offline Swanwhite

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #563 on: August 15, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »
I tried to think of something clever or creative but unfortunately I don't have either trait so when it comes to screen or character names I choose names I've come across in books or video games. I almost went with Toadstool.

Swanwhite was a queen briefly mentioned in Chronicles of Narnia and I'm quite pale in real life so it works. :)

Offline Willsie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #564 on: August 19, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »
My nickname at school.

doriankelley

« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »
 In John Kennedy Toole's tragicomedy A Confederacy of Dunces (my favourite novel), there is an extravagant and bawdy character by the name of Dorian Greene, who is of course, a tip of the hat to the titular character of Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Grey (which I believe was the first use of Dorian as a given name). Blahblaah, anyhow that book and Dorian had me howling with laughter, and I remember them fondly.

Edward Kelley was a 14th century occultist who made up some very silly things such as Enochian which is dismissed by sceptics, theologians and grammaticians alike. Also known as the second fiddle to the brighter but no less mentally unhinged mathematician, navigator, astronomer and adviser to Queen Elizabeth I, John Dee.

Mostly, however, I thought the name was darn catchy. 8)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
That's some worthy blood behind your name man. I love the depth it holds. And I especially love the nutcases of world history. They are the colour between the lines drawn by history.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Joanne

« Reply #567 on: August 24, 2012, 03:09:19 AM »
Joanne isn't my real name ;) The first sim I've created in sims3 was Joanne, so I have a soft spot for it.
I use it frequently for my female sims.

Offline Casugro5

• Nooboo
« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2012, 03:41:24 AM »
Haha, my user name comes from combining my favorite animal, food and color.
Cat, Sushi & Green.
I have the shortest memory ever, but I believe I added the O to make sense more.
And, then my favorite number.
It was either this or AbsentMinded05.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #569 on: September 03, 2012, 09:17:56 AM »
I'm a pagan and I've always felt an affinity for the Norse God Odin.  After I got divorced and then remarried a few years ago from my first husband, when I changed my name on my passport and documents, I included 'Odinsdottir' (Odin's daughter) into my legal name so my real name is Elisabeth-Anne Odinsdottir Xxxxxxxx.  It's a lot of name.  I was going to wedge in a reference to the Goddess Athena as well, but my husband and best friend talked me out of it.  Rightly!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

anything