Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 199039 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 09:09:46 PM »
Llama Mamas was a Girl Scout camp I was considering doing. Funny Coincidence.  :P
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 12:30:18 AM »
And here I've always thought you were making a reference to the use of llamas everywhere in the Sims series (I love it how they always turn up here and there! ;D) and still manages to pull off a rhyme. :)

Ah, I've always wondered about why the Sims is so obsessed with llamas and even has a completely useless cheat for llamas! I decided to Google it and spent the majority of my day searching for an answer. But all I got was that it was a simple Sims inside joke and had no meaning or purpose. I was so disappointed...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 12:48:05 AM »
I personally think garden gnomes would make a better mascot. But GnomeMama would rhyme with YoMama, and no good could come from that.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 01:50:01 AM »
Well, I put this in the introduce yourself thread but since this one is all about names...I'll put it again :)

My maiden name is Jack and one day, I believe it was my birthday, a lot of my friends were over and my mom said "I should have named you apple." All my friends got a kick out of this so my new nick-name became Apple Jack. I made Applejackkxo my screenname then (because I had to be cool and catchy *rolls eyes*) and it has just stuck ever since. Even though I'm married now....I still think it's cute so I use it :)

For my avatar...nothing special....just a peace sign :) lol
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2010, 05:13:16 AM »
Well, I put this in the introduce yourself thread but since this one is all about names...I'll put it again :)

My maiden name is Jack and one day, I believe it was my birthday, a lot of my friends were over and my mom said "I should have named you apple." All my friends got a kick out of this so my new nick-name became Apple Jack. I made Applejackkxo my screenname then (because I had to be cool and catchy *rolls eyes*) and it has just stuck ever since. Even though I'm married now....I still think its cute so I use it :)

For my avatar...nothing special....just a peace sign :) lol

Wow that's a cool name. I wish people called me something like that lol.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 06:35:26 PM »
Wow that's a cool name. I wish people called me something like that lol.

Yeah, but you've got a cool first name, if it's Phoenix.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
LlamaMama,

Gno. Gno good could come from you gnaming yourself "YoMama."

And I really agree, gardegn gnomes might make a better "mascot," but I think Will Wright has some surreal fascignation with llamas.

-- Very Happytime (accidentally clickingn this post)  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2010, 09:13:24 PM »
LlamaMama,

Gno. Gno good could come from you gnaming yourself "YoMama."

And I really agree, gardegn gnomes might make a better "mascot," but I think Will Wright has some surreal fascignation with llamas.

-- Very Happytime (accidentally clickingn this post)  :D

Just wondering, why did you put G's in front of all of the N's in this post?? But you missed "accidentally", that was spelled right.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
I personally think garden gnomes would make a better mascot. But GnomeMama would rhyme with YoMama, and no good could come from that.

He was playing along with my joke, above.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2010, 12:08:35 AM »
He was playing along with my joke, above.

Ah, I see. Sometimes I accidentally skip the second half of a post while hurrying to read all of them and move on to my next internet task. Thank you for helping me out with that one  :D

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 12:56:25 AM »
The Cub is a nickname from my job. They've been calling me that for so long I don't even remember how it started. I work with a lot of guys named Rob so sometimes it's just easier if they call me Cub.

My current avatar is Cubby, my self-sim. I tried to get him to look as much like me as possible. It's not quite exact; Cubby doesn't have any gray hair, and his weigh slider is a little further to the left than it should be. :) I was using that picture on my Facebook profile for a while, and even friends who don't play The Sims were surprised at how much it looks like me.

simonica

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 01:01:26 AM »
This thread is a lot of fun to read!

In one of my very first Sims 1 neighborhoods, I named each of the several families after a color (Brown, Violet, White, etc.).  My favorite sim was one I named Celine Green--a skinny, pink-haired, musician type (in other words--nothing like myself, lol).  She was so much fun to play that I've replicated her in every Sims version since, and named my forum self after her, too.

Leto85

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2010, 06:52:06 AM »
@MasterSiwal: Phoenix is your name? How cool is that, named after a immortal bird that comes back to life every 1000 years or so.
And, please forgive me my little knowleadge about America, I thought it was a state to there.

@celinegreen1969: Making the same sim over and over again in every game is indeed fun. I remember having an Agatha sim (which was a choice for me for an alternate account name), named after I saw the movie Minority Report with Tom Cruise. For some reason I find it a good name.

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
Yeah, but you've got a cool first name, if it's Phoenix.

Indeed it is (my first name is Phoenix). I don't think my name is that cool.
-Guile

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2010, 07:19:34 AM »
Being called Phoenix is as cool as having played Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 8)

That's a brilliant name MasterSiwel !!

To be honest, I've never played the game. I only had a friend who played it and he was one of the main inspirations for "watching" the game. But I have become a fan and I'm going to buy the game soon. Also I watch my takasatsu cartoons on youtube (since I can't watch them here). But I have played a few classic games... On an emulator.
-Guile