Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196914 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2010, 10:36:54 PM »
How is Joria pronounced exactly? I feel like every time I say it to myself (when reading) I mess it all up.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2010, 10:54:29 AM »
My name came from a nickname I was given at university. Because I come from Malta friends from the mountaineering club started calling me The Malteser and it stuck. So now I use that for all things, especially as I am useless in trying to think up avatar names. The 60 bit is random, mainly as malteser is a much more popular avatar name than I though so for one forum I had to give it a number, and I decided to choose my own number instead of leaving it to be randomly assigned. 6 is one of my favourite numbers so I went with 60.

As for my picture, at the moment I have my lovely degu Nutmeg. Three months ago I adopted these two degus, never knew what they were until I saw them at the pet shop and immediately fell in love with them. I'm not trying to become a degu expert as these little cuties have given me endless entertainment and love (yup, I've been accepted into their hierarchy as degu!). Some day though I'll make my own sim likeness and use that. Keep on putting that off as I'm useless at that and will spend hours wondering if I've got it right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2010, 11:25:14 AM »
Not trying to get off topic here, just a quick question.  What exactly is a degu and what animal family are they from?  From the picture, they look really cute.  Maybe post a bigger picture in the babble thread.  From the pic sort of looks like a chinchilla.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Jenny-TS3

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »
Jenny (me) + TS3 (needless to explain) with a - to make it neat = Jenny-TS3 :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2010, 06:41:23 AM »
Some day though I'll make my own sim likeness and use that. Keep on putting that off as I'm useless at that and will spend hours wondering if I've got it right.

That actually came up as a thread early this year.  Click here.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2010, 11:39:09 AM »
Not trying to get off topic here, just a quick question.  What exactly is a degu and what animal family are they from?  From the picture, they look really cute.  Maybe post a bigger picture in the babble thread.  From the pic sort of looks like a chinchilla.

I've posted about my degus in the babble thread.

Offline icftldu

• Nooboo
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
Hi all,

My name is taken from the aussie song, I come from the land down under, so I just used the initials.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2010, 03:04:17 AM »
Hi all,

My name is taken from the aussie song, I come from the land down under, so I just used the initials.

Well now, that's interesting.  I always wonder what names with a jumble of letters mean.  I never would have guessed yours! 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline John Allen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2010, 08:47:38 PM »
John Allen was the name of the sim I first reached the LTW with, after a few aborted tries with law enforcement, science, and a learning curve John Allen worked out and became the emperor of evil.  3 of his traits are in the sig.   

I still have the game saved, and its in generation 4 where I hit different careers with my 'descendants' and their wives.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »
My name actually has two stories. One is a long and babbly story that involves geography, fanfiction, cartoons, puns, online pennames, and my imagination when used with fictional characters, and the other is quite short and simple. I chose to write out the simple one.

In Egypt, there is a river called The Nile, it's the longest river in the world. There is a state of mind, often used within other psychological mind sets, if I remember correctly, called being in denial. I am a big fan of Egypt, and end up facing denial, though not my own, a lot, so I chose to be clever and combined the two.

-D
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2010, 04:58:49 PM »
That's a great origin for your handle DeNile and it's really cool too that you're a fan of Egypt, so am I !! Yay, can we "enthuse about Egypt" later ? ;)

Most definitely Solstice.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Axe

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2010, 07:45:13 PM »
One can think my name simply stands for the tool. But really, it's the nickname of one of my favorite drummers, Martin Axenrot of Bloodbath.
And I like axes.

phufhi

« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »
My name is a bad-spelling version of one of the many names I call my rabbit.

For people who want to know, I designed it so people who read my name will take a little while, because the spelling is so awkward  ;D
(it is also fun to hear how people pronounce it, because it's almost always different xD).
Also, it is pronounced "foofy" or " fuffy" whatever you want :P
As a bonus, in online games many people just say the first 3 letters of your name, and I think "phu" looks cooler than "foo" or "fuf" :P

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »
This may seem a odd thing to ask, but I'm afraid to send Carl a PM...I know he's busy, so...

Carl's avatar looks like the Laughing Man symbol from Ghost in the Shell. I was just wondering if it was.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2010, 11:23:17 AM »
Carl's avatar looks like the Laughing Man symbol from Ghost in the Shell. I was just wondering if it was.

You're spot-on ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughing_Man_(Ghost_in_the_Shell)

Hmmm...Not sure why, but my link isn't working. Anyway, just Google Laughing Man Ghost in the Shell and you'll see the wiki piece at the top I was trying to link.