Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970376 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #450 on: September 02, 2010, 11:56:56 PM »
That's where the spreadsheet comes in handy.  I read that if you have a Google account, you can save the spreadsheet as your own and not have to download it to Excel or anything.  I also try to make it a point to do the portraits immediately after aging up.  It's a good habit to get into.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #451 on: September 03, 2010, 12:03:42 AM »
Yes, I have to get into the routine of actually filling in the spreadsheet. That sounds like a good idea Pam, doing the portraits right after aging, that way there is time to try for a better one, but there is still the first one to fall back on. Not to worry, it's all fun. It will be interesting to see what gets thrown at me this time. I have decided to stick with Holly ( I wonder if she will bring her car again?), but there are a few things I think I will do differently.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #452 on: September 03, 2010, 02:16:56 AM »
My founder is about to eat Ambrosia!  I'm so excited!  I was starting to worry a little because she's already 83 days old.  Then she suddenly got all her requirements finished in the span of about two Sim hours.  Woot!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Tikki

« Reply #453 on: September 03, 2010, 07:39:56 AM »
Congratzulations! My simmer is Also about to eat it ;) Just hate School. Takes All your playing time

Keep up the good work Pam!
Tikki ;)^^

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #454 on: September 03, 2010, 08:09:18 AM »
Congrats, Pam!  I just got my second Immortal!  My third Immortal-to-be is a young adult (adult in maybe five days?) and has already accomplished her lifetime wish (she got Swimming in Cash which was really easy at this point), and my fourth Immortal-to-be just aged to child.  I was a little disappointed though because I swore I had taught her to walk, talk, and use the potty, but I guess I must not have quite completed one as it said she had a rough upbringing, and became a technophobe.  I don't really mind her having that trait...it's just a little funny, as she's going to Supermax Photography!  Thankfully technophobe and photographer's eye won't conflict, and I can choose that trait for her at teen or young adult.

I really really need to update my dynasty thread, haha, but I doubt I'll get to it this weekend because of the convention I'm going to.  I need to post some pics of my Immortals' Museum as it's coming along quite nicely (I have a portrait (of course), photo, and ice sculpture for every life stage so far; I'm so pleased)! :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #455 on: September 03, 2010, 08:14:30 AM »
You're coming right along, Kiwala.  I think maybe you're ahead of the rest of us.  You may even bee the first to complete the challenge!!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: September 03, 2010, 08:30:04 AM »
Congrats on the "big moment" Pam! Make sure to take one of those screenshots you're famous for.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #457 on: September 03, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »
Way to go, Pam!  I remember how I felt when my little Adrian ate his first ambrosia.  *sigh*  The memories.

Kiwala, you are rolling!  I'm a little jealous, my 3rd generation just aged up to teen.  Must move faster! *scurries off to play*

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2010, 09:16:14 AM »
I got a late start, I only started less than a week ago and my second immortal just turned into a teen.  That is ok, I know it is not a race and I am so enjoying the story.  So are there going to actually be enough venues and business's for all eight.  I forgot what I was trying to click on and the option to buy didn't come up and could have sworn it had before.  I will find out and ask when I play next.  I thought now, you could buy about anything that wasn't tied down, lol. ;)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2010, 09:28:13 AM »
I noticed that you can't buy the community gardens, though, and I think that stinks.  I would have loved to have my founder own that.  So she settled for the grocery store instead.

Tikki

« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2010, 09:36:14 AM »
I bought the bookstore and renamed it "The Twinbrook Dynasty Bookcollection" ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #461 on: September 03, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »
So are there going to actually be enough venues and business's for all eight.

More than enough. But, I don't recommend you purchasing any more than your required one building and one property per generation just in case options really get tight later. Obviously with your 8th immortal you can go Trump on the entire town.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #462 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »
I like the idea you can buy the parks since Ambitions.  When I was playing yesterday, I realized by the time we get into the middle of the dynasty and beyond, almost all original sims in the game will have passed and there will be new sims.  I have one game that I don't know hardly anyone anymore, weird.  This is going to be a long one.  The most I have in one game is 4 generations, so I can only imagine, I am having a blast with this dynasty, thanks for coming up with the idea. ;)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #463 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:53 AM »
I think it depends on which neighborhood you're playing in.  I have looked into all three, and I can't remember which hood only had exactly enough, at least at the beginning of the game.  I know it wasn't Twinbrook, though, so it's either SV or Riverview.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #464 on: September 03, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »
Okay I think I have officially Caved in!  :D All these stories are just teasing me! I will spend my longer hours on the Characters and shorter hours on the Dynasty, and no it won't be the Character Dynasty!  ;)

EDIT: Sorry if this has already been answered but: 'Do all 6 Best friends have to be alive at the time when you have 6 Best friends or not?'
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything