Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971583 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2145 on: March 14, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
Considering this is technical difficulty in your game, you have permission to try replacing the building with another one just like it.  For example, if it's The Grind, use Edit Town to delete the existing one and go to Community Lots to place another copy of The Grind.  However, by replacing the building, you may not still own it.  I don't know how that will work out.  You'll just have to try and see if solves your problem.  Otherwise, you'll have to make another purchase, either of the same building or another one.

Good luck with it.  :)

I replaced Aquarius the broken, with Aquarius the fixed, thank you Pam!  I sold the old one and just rebought the new one, it totally worked and I only lost a few thousand, YAY!  I didn't want to try it and go "Oh no, I sunk my own dynasty" LOL

So happy it's fixed, I love Aquarius.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #2146 on: March 14, 2011, 10:43:05 PM »
Am I allowed to buy the stylist station and do makeovers on already immortals? Or is it still banned?
Sorry if someone has already asked this. I just didn't want to pilfer through 215 pages of information :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2147 on: March 15, 2011, 02:13:15 AM »
Am I allowed to buy the stylist station and do makeovers on already immortals? Or is it still banned?
Sorry if someone has already asked this. I just didn't want to pilfer through 215 pages of information :P

It's still banned.  It came up recently and Metro responded on page 209.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2148 on: March 15, 2011, 02:44:47 AM »
I thought that the makeover station was allowed for immortals. In the rules on the first page, it says:
Additional Restrictions and Info
Getting a tattoo is banned because of its reduction to a life stage.** (Subject to change if EA fixes the bug.)
Getting a makeover is banned because of its possible reduction to a life stage.** (Also subject to change if EA fixes the bug.)
No drinks (Late Night content, not nectar) may be made with life fruit because of its reduction to the life stage.**
**All of the above life-extending tricks are available to an immortal after an immortal has eaten Ambrosia.

When I was asking about the makeover station (on page 208-209), I was asking if the heirs were allowed to use it on the day they age up (before immortality) because it wouldn't affect their lifespan, to which the answer was no.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2149 on: March 15, 2011, 03:12:44 AM »
Ah!  Yes, my mistake.  I'm sorry, kattiq.  If your Sim is already Immortal, the makeover station is fine.

Thanks, Alexandria.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2150 on: March 15, 2011, 07:57:52 AM »
  Lifetime Wish, Celebrated Five Star Chef. Check  (Love that fridge)
  Max career, Culinary. Check
  Maxed skill, Cooking. Check (Also maxing fishing)
  One property, Ophelia's Fishing Hole. Check
  One building, Hogan's Deep Sea Diner. Check
  Three lifetime rewards, No Bills Ever, Prepared Traveller, Legendary Host. Check
  Six best friends. Check
  Complete six Black Ops. Check
  Portrait Young Adult. Check  (Also a photograph)
  Portrait Adult. Check  (Also a photograph and ice sculpture)
  Portrait Elder. Check   (As above)
  2nd Generation Immortal to be. Check

I am done!! I am so excited. After my first attempt in Barnacle Bay failing I made it on the second (so far as I still have 2nd gen to bring up). Gerry Berry got to 87 days so I believe I was cutting it a bit close. The feeling of relief is incredible as Gerry did not get his last Black Ops till he was 84 days old. I do not seem to have much luck with opportunities.

Now on to Kerry Berry!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2151 on: March 15, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
That's okay Pam :)
And congratulations on making it to your first immortal Skyberry! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2152 on: March 15, 2011, 09:39:36 AM »
Congrats on your first Immortal, Skyberry :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #2153 on: March 15, 2011, 09:50:47 PM »
Ah!  Yes, my mistake.  I'm sorry, kattiq.  If your Sim is already Immortal, the makeover station is fine.

Thanks, Alexandria.  :)
Okay thank you! I should have looked back a few pages. I just thought it was rather an obscure question. Guess not!
Thanks for your help too Alexandria!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #2154 on: March 16, 2011, 09:52:57 AM »
I know that this was talked about earlier, but I wanted to make shore before I went to much ahead with gameplay.
Is it OK to move in Agnes as a roomate (and founders funder ;D) and Jamie as a wife, or I can move in just a spouse?
Of course, both will stay and wait for Grim, natural death etc. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2155 on: March 16, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
I know that this was talked about earlier, but I wanted to make shore before I went to much ahead with gameplay.
Is it OK to move in Agnes as a roomate (and founders funder ;D) and Jamie as a wife, or I can move in just a spouse?
Of course, both will stay and wait for Grim, natural death etc. 

Yep, as long as both never move out and live a full, natural life, that's fine.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #2156 on: March 18, 2011, 11:35:31 PM »
I am going to...well I have already started the Dynasty challenge and it is indeed a challenge but it is more fulfilling than the Legacy one for me. The only problem is I feel I might have to just make it a Legacy challenge seeing as I chose Barnacle Bay and when it comes to finding seeds and other necessary things just to make the Ambroisia, I am wondering if it has been done? I'm loving the story and the challenge I'm playing and I'm almost afraid/shy to share it with other because I'm paranoid that I'm doing something wrong.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2157 on: March 18, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »
I am going to...well I have already started the Dynasty challenge and it is indeed a challenge but it is more fulfilling than the Legacy one for me. The only problem is I feel I might have to just make it a Legacy challenge seeing as I chose Barnacle Bay and when it comes to finding seeds and other necessary things just to make the Ambroisia, I am wondering if it has been done? I'm loving the story and the challenge I'm playing and I'm almost afraid/shy to share it with other because I'm paranoid that I'm doing something wrong.

Barnacle Bay is a difficult town for a Dynasty, but it's not impossible.  The lack of special seeds is indeed the main problem.  However, you can harvest Life Fruit from two or three of the resident lots around down.  Deathfish is also available for catching, so the Ambrosia itself is no more of a challenge than in any other town.  The main problem I see is that there will be no Money Tree or Deathflower seeds.  That will make the Gardening skill and career much more difficult.  It will also seriously impact the family's finances as Money Trees are the source of wealth for most Dynasties.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #2158 on: March 18, 2011, 11:44:34 PM »
Thank you. I will keep that in mind. Thank you! I do know that fishing for Anglers is a good way to make money, for some reason money trees never crossed my mind. I'll have to consider that as well as I proceed. Thank you again.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #2159 on: March 18, 2011, 11:49:27 PM »

There isn't a story to it, but tjsmetana finished a Dynasty in BB.  Here is the link to her Dynasty.  :)
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.