Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977272 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2115 on: March 13, 2011, 01:38:40 AM »
So, it's still possible to play a Dynasty in Barnacle Bay?

I played, and completed mine in Barnacle Bay without any trouble, so it is possible, just needs some planning.  I didn't plan on gardening as a supermax skill due to the lack of special seeds. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2116 on: March 13, 2011, 01:41:13 AM »
Knowledge is power! And next time (hopefully not if all goes well) then I will also plan accordingly with what I now know about gardening in BB.

Thank you for the help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #2117 on: March 13, 2011, 04:48:25 AM »
I played, and completed mine in Barnacle Bay without any trouble, so it is possible, just needs some planning.  I didn't plan on gardening as a supermax skill due to the lack of special seeds. 
Very difficult, but not impossible.
Thank you. That is good to know :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2118 on: March 13, 2011, 02:35:55 PM »
With a town like Barnacle Bay, would we be allowed to add the special seed spawners through edit town durring the set up of adding different night clubs to the town?

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #2119 on: March 13, 2011, 02:41:14 PM »
I'm doing a dynasty in Barnacle Bay right now. My founder has supermaxed fishing and reached the top of the gardening career. All of the life fruit at the houses helped, and with his green thumb he was able to get plenty of death flowers put aside for the future immortals. He didn't finish the gardening career until about age 70. He could have done it sooner if I had pushed him instead of doing other stuff with him. I have a bunch of screen shots, maybe I should start a story.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #2120 on: March 13, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »
OK, I'm having a bit of an issue.  One of my buildings will not allow me to alter it, and I do want to change it, it's my fav night club.  But every time I click build on lot, or buy on lot, my game freezes.  It's only in this saved game, and it's only that one building.  So my question is, is there a way to reset or replace the lot that doesn't break dynasty rules, so that I can try to build on it, or do I just cut my losses and pick another property.

I have restarted several times, cleared cache files, disabled my anti virus, and verified it is a glitch with that one building, in the one save.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2121 on: March 13, 2011, 07:49:55 PM »
I'm doing a dynasty in Barnacle Bay right now. My founder has supermaxed fishing and reached the top of the gardening career. All of the life fruit at the houses helped, and with his green thumb he was able to get plenty of death flowers put aside for the future immortals. He didn't finish the gardening career until about age 70. He could have done it sooner if I had pushed him instead of doing other stuff with him. I have a bunch of screen shots, maybe I should start a story.

How did you max gardening career without money trees in Barnacle Bay? My founder ended up dying because I just could not get enough money to max the gardening career which made me sad because everything else was going so well. Any input would be great as I really want my new Dynasty's second gen to do a gardening career.

PS; How does a sim make nice looking portraits even after maxxing the painting skill because Odessa's kept looking grainy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2122 on: March 13, 2011, 08:06:19 PM »
@Juxtaposition — I apologize, but I have no answer for you. Tech stuff is a weakness for me, so hopefully someone else can make a suggestion.

How did you max gardening career without money trees in Barnacle Bay? My founder ended up dying because I just could not get enough money to max the gardening career which made me sad because everything else was going so well.

It would not be too difficult is you really focused on planting the harvested life fruit from the BB lot. Bring those plants up to perfect and sell the fruit at the consignment store and it should be doable. Money Trees are more profitable, but the downside to Money Trees is their very long maturation process — it takes forever just for bags to appear.

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2123 on: March 13, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »
Well I never actually thought of the life fruit in that way even though Pam and a few others mentioned them in previous posts. I depend to heavily on the money trees then and need to think outside my box.
 And I am not entirely happy with the consignment store as it seems to be very erratic for me. It either never sells my products, takes forever to sell them or gives me money for things I never placed in there.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #2124 on: March 13, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »
Well I never actually thought of the life fruit in that way even though Pam and a few others mentioned them in previous posts. I depend to heavily on the money trees then and need to think outside my box.
 And I am not entirely happy with the consignment store as it seems to be very erratic for me. It either never sells my products, takes forever to sell them or gives me money for things I never placed in there.
Yes, the consignment Store, has a lot of bugs. So, that's why some people don't use it, at all.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2125 on: March 14, 2011, 12:59:19 AM »
My second Generation is a painter, whose already almost ready for ambrosia. He's already maxed the painting career, and I'd like to know if he is allowed to switch careers to Architect (which is a free career, nobody's going to take that up). If he does, can he still eat Ambrosia?

Thanks a heap.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2126 on: March 14, 2011, 01:05:49 AM »
My second Generation is a painter, whose already almost ready for ambrosia. He's already maxed the painting career, and I'd like to know if he is allowed to switch careers to Architect (which is a free career, nobody's going to take that up). If he does, can he still eat Ambrosia?

Thanks a heap.

Welcome to the Forum, Seabody.

If your Sim has met the career requirement for Ambrosia, it's perfectly fine to switch careers and do whatever you want.  As long as he has maxed a career and completed all of the other requirements, he can still eat Ambrosia.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2127 on: March 14, 2011, 01:09:02 AM »
Thank you Pam. Originally I had my founder's wife be the Architect, but wanted a permanent one.

EDIT: Also, I know that Metro said this:
•No cheats or modifications* are allowed.
but does that include cheats like Resetsim, if, for example, a bowl gets stuck to a sim's hand, or, in your case, a guitar to somebody's head?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2128 on: March 14, 2011, 01:11:55 AM »
OK, I'm having a bit of an issue.  One of my buildings will not allow me to alter it, and I do want to change it, it's my fav night club.  But every time I click build on lot, or buy on lot, my game freezes.  It's only in this saved game, and it's only that one building.  So my question is, is there a way to reset or replace the lot that doesn't break dynasty rules, so that I can try to build on it, or do I just cut my losses and pick another property.

I have restarted several times, cleared cache files, disabled my anti virus, and verified it is a glitch with that one building, in the one save.

Considering this is technical difficulty in your game, you have permission to try replacing the building with another one just like it.  For example, if it's The Grind, use Edit Town to delete the existing one and go to Community Lots to place another copy of The Grind.  However, by replacing the building, you may not still own it.  I don't know how that will work out.  You'll just have to try and see if solves your problem.  Otherwise, you'll have to make another purchase, either of the same building or another one.

Good luck with it.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2129 on: March 14, 2011, 01:15:12 AM »
Considering this is technical difficulty in your game, you have permission to try replacing the building with another one just like it.  For example, if it's The Grind, use Edit Town to delete the existing one and go to Community Lots to place another copy of The Grind.  However, by replacing the building, you may not still own it.  I don't know how that will work out.  You'll just have to try and see if solves your problem.  Otherwise, you'll have to make another purchase, either of the same building or another one.

Good luck with it.  :)

If you delete the building, I am sure that you are refunded for the sale price. In one of my games, I rebuilt Mirabello Plaza with some other buildings, and my sim, who owned the supermarket, was given about §6000 for the "sale". It may be different with non-rabbit hole lots, but that's what I remember.

EDIT: I think one of my questions was already asked, but I want to be sure.
1. If sim A maxes the gardening skill, but it is not their supermax skill, can sim B max it if it is not their SuperMax skill?
2. Mortals are allowed to max skills if they are SuperMax skills for immortals, right?