Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971366 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 07:30:46 PM »
Are we restricted on who our first immortal marries?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 07:33:41 PM »
OK, I asked something like this on the other thread, but it must have not been seen. So can the immortals be maxed in a few skills as long as one is unique to them?

Definitely.

Are we restricted on who our first immortal marries?

No.

--------

EDIT: @LlamaMama, I believe you asked about discussing strategy on this thread on the previous page. Absolutely. This is a different animal than the Tournament challenges, so everyone is free to discuss as little or as much as they wish.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »
Then I'll share my research of single, young adult sims in Twinbrook. I am excluding those with Commitment Issues (at least 3 of the single men), Mean-Spirited, and Hates Children traits. There is also a very touchy situation with Goodwin-Goode who has a girlfriend with a baby on the way.

*Julienne Knack is the real catch. She's YA, single, Workaholic, Flirty, Natural Cook, Snob, Ambitious with the CEO LTW. She's rich.

*Amy Bull is single too, but she has a romantic interest. She's the best, eh-hem, dresser in town, has a voice like Snow White in the old movie, and is Absent-Minded, Excitable, Clumsy, Artistic, and Charismatic. Her LTW is Fashion Phenom.

*Justin Kayes, who is often underachieving as consignment clerk, is YA, single, Genius, Handy, Perceptive, Light Sleeper, and a Computer Whiz. He has the Tinkerer LTW.

I forgot the homeless sims. Here's the list from wikia:
These Sims are premade, but homeless when Twinbrook is first loaded.
Tim Burre - YA, Chess Legend LTW, unemployed and homeless.
Doug Downey - YA, Plays guitar, unemployed and homeless.
Lucy Ferne - YA, Freaky, if you're into that, unemployed and homeless.
Terry A. Keyes - Unknown age, unemployed and homeless.
Alistair Pine - YA, Paranormal LTW, unemployed and homeless.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Largo The Stampede

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 08:03:53 PM »
The first immortal is going to have to be pretty useless if you want to have any skills left to qualify another immortal.

So you can include a portrait, an ice sculpture, and a picture, all 3 at the same time for each life stage, in your museum and count them? Provided you have the required expansions that is.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 08:14:52 PM »
So you can include a portrait, an ice sculpture, and a picture, all 3 at the same time for each life stage, in your museum and count them?

Right. Your Founder obviously can only have paintings, photos, and ice sculptures made of his/her 3 life stages since they're starting as a YA.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 08:59:36 PM »
The first immortal is going to have to be pretty useless if you want to have any skills left to qualify another immortal.

There are presently 15 skills in the game, with likely more to come with the next expansion pack.  With 8 immortals each laying claim to a single skill, that leaves 7 skills they can all undertake in addition to their own unique one.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 09:02:44 PM »
Actually that leaves 14 skills they can all undertake, in addition to the unique one, if I have this right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »
Actually that leaves 14 skills they can all undertake, in addition to the unique one, if I have this right.

They can undertake, but cannot max out.  They can max out the remaining 7 that aren't maxed out by immortals.

2.  Can you include a painting, ice sculpture, and photograph of each elder at each life stage, or do you have to choose between them?  If you have to choose, can you do more than one and choose which one you want to score later?

The paintings at each life stage (three life stages for the Founder) are required before eating Ambrosia.  The ice sculptures and photographs are optional, but limited to one for each of the life stages.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 10:28:50 PM »
It seems like these rules are specifically designed to be different to Pinstar's version, I really assumed you'd keep to some of them.

Why would you assume we'd have any of Pinstar's rules?  Pinstar is not a member of this forum, as far as I know.  If he is, he's definitely incognito.  This Dynasty Challenge isn't a rehashed version of the old and tired legacy challenge.  It's a fresh challenge designed from scratch by our master of challenges, with some help from me.  Not only has Metro never played a legacy challenge, he hasn't even read through the entire rule set.  So, yeah, it's nothing to do with Pinstar's challenge.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 10:45:37 PM »
Pam is spot-on — I've never even played Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. And believe me everyone, it would have been so much easier if I had at least forced myself to read through his dissertation length rule set. That way, I would have had a reference point — a springboard. But, I just did not want that for this challenge. If I had played through a Legacy myself and was already familiar with that rule set, then it's quite likely this challenge would have been totally different because my mindset would have been — "Well, he did this, so I'm going to do this." I didn't have any of that. Starting from scratch is much tougher from a designer's standpoint, but I hope the end result is something players have a lot of fun with. I know I'm excited to try it out too.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 01:41:58 AM »
If one of the Immortals dies by accident before the 8th eats ambrosia, is it Game Over? No Death Flower?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 01:44:06 AM »
If one of the Immortals dies by accident before the 8th eats ambrosia, is it Game Over? No Death Flower?

Yes.  That is stated in the rules.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 01:44:53 AM »
Sorry, I looked and looked and couldn't find it. But there it is, right at the end.  :-[

Edit: Me again. My deepest apologies for my questions. But I figure someone else might have the same questions and be too shy to ask.

Besides the guitar skill, are there any other skills that have bugged skill opportunities, or are virtually impossible to fulfill?

There's a nectar-making opportunity that resets when you travel again, essentially prohibiting further travel once you do it. Once you've earned ambrosia is it okay to travel and let that opportunity reset?

Which careers are bugged and prevent maxing? There was one you worked on, right Pam?

I'm not sure of terminology, so am checking whether adventure opportunities while traveling count toward unique opportunities.

It sounds like it's necessary to monitor all the immortals so they don't accidentally reach level 10 in another immortal's unique skill. Does it matter once the ambrosia is earned for that skill?

Can you tell I don't like to just jump right in without thinking it through?  ::)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 02:46:56 AM »
It seems like these rules are specifically designed to be different to Pinstar's version.

I think it's great we have our own legacy/dynasty challenge. Carl and Pam have a great site with a forum that is growing daily. I think it's only right we have a challenge that is not borrowed from somewhere else. Who knows, in time when people say they play a legacy, people might ask them which one do you play, Carl's or Pinstar's!
Kudos to Metro and Pam for doing all the hard work of setting rules for us.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 03:21:44 AM »
Edit: Me again. My deepest apologies for my questions. But I figure someone else might have the same questions and be too shy to ask.

Never apologize for questions.  :)

Besides the guitar skill, are there any other skills that have bugged skill opportunities, or are virtually impossible to fulfill?

Not that I'm aware of.  The guitar star challenge can be done, but it's difficult.  It's been found that the best way to achieve it is to only have guitar skill for awhile until you get all the opportunities done to complete that challenge.  If you have other skills, they'll fill up the skill opportunity slot and make the opportunities for guitar more scarce.

There's a nectar-making opportunity that resets when you travel again, essentially prohibiting further travel once you do it. Once you've earned ambrosia is it okay to travel and let that opportunity reset?

I haven't heard of this.  Can you give some more detail?

Which careers are bugged and prevent maxing? There was one you worked on, right Pam?

The one I was working on was the Pervasive Private Eye LTW.  It's not technically bugged, it just takes an incredibly long time to achieve.  It's likely that your Sim will be an elder before achieving that particular Lifetime Wish and you'd have to focus a lot of your attention on that Sim to make it happen, which doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible for the Dynasty challenge.  It would just be very hard to do.  Not an LTW I would recommend, for sure.  The other is the Home Design Hotshot LTW.  I wouldn't touch that one, either.

I'm not sure of terminology, so am checking whether adventure opportunities while traveling count toward unique opportunities.

The rules specify Career, Skill, and Special opportunities.  That means adventures don't count.

It sounds like it's necessary to monitor all the immortals so they don't accidentally reach level 10 in another immortal's unique skill. Does it matter once the ambrosia is earned for that skill?

For example, one immortal has reached level 10 in Painting and has met all other criteria for Ambrosia and has eaten it.  The other immortals may also pursue Painting up to level 10, but it will not count toward their ability to eat Ambrosia.  They'll need to reach level 10 in a different unique skill for it to count.

Can you tell I don't like to just jump right in without thinking it through?  ::)

That's not a bad thing!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything