Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942704 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 03:26:04 AM »
They can undertake, but cannot max out.  They can max out the remaining 7 that aren't maxed out by immortals.

This is why I was confused. Sometimes "max out" refers to reaching the 10th level and sometimes it mean that plus the skill opportunities. Thanks for clearing that up. It may be a source of confusion for others in the future, though.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 03:27:26 AM »
I think it's great we have our own legacy/dynasty challenge. Carl and Pam have a great site with a forum that is growing daily. I think it's only right we have a challenge that is not borrowed from somewhere else. Who knows, in time when people say they play a legacy, people might ask them which one do you play, Carl's or Pinstar's!
Kudos to Metro and Pam for doing all the hard work of setting rules for us.

Norma

Well, it's not a legacy/dynasty challenge.  It's specifically The Immortal Dynasty Challenge.  ;D

I'm hoping we'll start seeing people talking about dynasty challenges and seeing blogs/stories for this dynasty challenge.  Maybe even see Metro's name connected to it.  That would be very cool!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 03:28:49 AM »
This is why I was confused. Sometimes "max out" refers to reaching the 10th level and sometimes it mean that plus the skill opportunities. Thanks for clearing that up. It may be a source of confusion for others in the future, though.

I may have contradicted myself with my last post to you.  I need to look and think about it.  Now I'm confused, too!  Lol.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 03:29:50 AM »
"3. Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. All related skill challenges from the Skill Journal must also be accomplished for the skill."

See how the term "also" makes it sound like max only means 10 levels -- adding to that, the skill challenges.

I can see this happening: "Let go of that plunger and step away from the toilet! That's Handy's job and you're already a 9."
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 03:36:46 AM »
Right.  So that means in order to be able to eat Ambrosia, your immortal has to reach level 10 of a unique skill AND complete all the challenges in the skill journal for that particular skill.  Any other immortal who is working on the same skill cannot go as far as level 10 until the first immortal has eaten Ambrosia.

Does that clear up the confusion?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 03:40:12 AM »
"Hurry up, Handy, and eat the ambrosia! The toilet's backed up and I need to fix it!"  I think I've got it now.

In fourth grade a teacher told me never to be afraid to ask questions. I have been a source of great annoyance ever since. :)

I think the term "max out" needs to be clarified in the rules.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 03:59:25 AM »
Right.  So that means in order to be able to eat Ambrosia, your immortal has to reach level 10 of a unique skill AND complete all the challenges in the skill journal for that particular skill.  Any other immortal who is working on the same skill cannot go as far as level 10 until the first immortal has eaten Ambrosia.

Does that clear up the confusion?

Now this is where I was confused. I was under the impression that if immortal 1's unique maxed out skill was say handiness, the other immortals could not max that one out at all, even after the first had eaten ambrosia.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 04:09:06 AM »
Depending on what you mean when you say Max Out.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 04:28:06 AM »
There's a nectar-making opportunity that resets when you travel again, essentially prohibiting further travel once you do it.

I've seen this happen with the mix master challenge (make 15 different nectar combinations to be able to predict how good a recipe is).  Once we get this challenge, can we just count it as complete, even if it becomes greyed out later?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 05:23:04 AM »
Now this is where I was confused. I was under the impression that if immortal 1's unique maxed out skill was say handiness, the other immortals could not max that one out at all, even after the first had eaten ambrosia.

Norma

I think that's my fault from a post I made earlier about being able to undertake, but not max out.  Now I've fooled around and confused myself (which happens more and more at my age, lol)!  Metro will be able to explain it. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 05:52:53 AM »
I think that's my fault from a post I made earlier about being able to undertake, but not max out.  Now I've fooled around and confused myself (which happens more and more at my age, lol)!  Metro will be able to explain it. 

I confuse myself quite easily too at times lol. I'll wait and see what Metro has to say on the subject then, not that I have to worry about another generation maxing out any skills just yet. Currently, Jackson is just standing around on his land while I look around at potential houses for him and his dynasty.

Norma
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 09:07:37 AM »
Max out simply means you hit the top of something and cannot possibly go any higher. So, the Ambrosia eating requirement for each immortal to "Max out" a unique skill AND accomplish all of the related skill challenges of that maxed skill means they've hit level 10 (then, the skill bar disappears).

A lot of players seem to be confused with what skills can be maxed, etc depending on what other immortals have accomplished. The most important thing is you have to assess your Dynasty's situation when an immortal is ready to eat Ambrosia. Your Founder has maxed painting, guitar and photography when he's ready to eat Ambrosia. Fine. He's in the clear and will be the easiest because you'll probably only need to think about his offspring and what they've accomplished at the time the Founder is ready to eat Ambrosia to make sure there's no overlap. You would need to choose one of those 3 maxed skills of your Founder as the one to fulfill his requirement to eat Ambrosia. And he would need to accomplish all related skill challenges for that skill as well before eating Ambrosia. So, say he chooses guitar as fulfilling his unique skill requirement. From that moment on all future immortals cannot max guitar. Why? Because the Founder then would no longer have a unique maxed skill if another immortal did the same.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 09:26:24 AM »
So, for the dynasty challenge, maxed out means reaching level 10 of the skill AND complete all the related skill challenges. Sorry if I'm just repeating what you said, but I want to be sure.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:38 AM »
So, for the dynasty challenge, maxed out means reaching level 10 of the skill AND complete all the related skill challenges. Sorry if I'm just repeating what you said, but I want to be sure.

At least when I say "max out" a skill in all forum threads, I'm never implying that the challenges are done as well. I'm only referring to hitting lvl 10 with a skill. But, with the Dynasty you do have that added requirement of the skill challenges tacked on. So, whenever we single out the particular immortal skill that's for the Ambrosia requirement in Dynasty discussion, we can call that a SuperMax skill.  :D

curlybennett

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »
Say your founder chose painting as his skill, and reached level 10 and completed the skill challenges, and a later sim reached level 10 of the painting skill but did not complete the skill challenges, would that be allowed, or can no later sims reach level 10 in that skill?

anything