Author Topic: What's your current project?  (Read 84608 times)

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
Re: What's your current project?
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2014, 06:21:21 AM »
Currently working on a new house for my Dragon Valley family. As big as their current place is, it's beginning to feel cramped. And I wanted to do something fun. My concept for this one is, "Cozy, meet Castle". :)

A snapshot from Build mode:

"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline sharktopus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2014, 07:54:18 AM »
Currently working on a new house for my Dragon Valley family. As big as their current place is, it's beginning to feel cramped. And I wanted to do something fun. My concept for this one is, "Cozy, meet Castle". :)

A snapshot from Build mode:

Wow, that house is gorgeous. keep up the good work!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »
*grabby hands* that is...wow, just wow. You are a very, very talented builder. I almost want to live there.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »
Wow, that house is gorgeous. keep up the good work!

*grabby hands* that is...wow, just wow. You are a very, very talented builder. I almost want to live there.

Thanks (to both of you) for the kind words. :) But remember, I just don't post pics of my failures! :D Also, 90% of the tips I have found while learning have been found here on Carl's site. This place is a goldmine!

Current project: Moving! It would be simpler to sell everything and buy back what I need, but a.) then I'd have to re-style everything to get it back to how I like it and b.) there are some family photos and paintings I couldn't leave behind.

If play-testing goes well, I'll share the lot (both furnished & unfurnished) for those who want it, and will make a big ol' bragging thread with pictures, then.

Happy Simming!
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
I just bought that Store set with the ballet barre, so now I am working on having a couple fat male sims max the ballet/dancing skill. :D

Offline Fleiding

• Everybody lies.
  • Nooboo
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2014, 11:46:10 AM »
I'm just starting with a Sim who's on it's way to become a rock star, so he have enough money to leave his currunt home and move to one of my luxury homes with his girlfriend.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2014, 05:20:37 PM »
I'm designing Dragon Valley of the past, when they had dragons to defend against, based around the idea that the current Mithrilen Manor looks a lot like a castle keep. Once I figure out how to build walls throughout the world, I'll be set to go.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2014, 12:18:14 AM »
I've been trying to complete a legacy. The farthest i've made it to date has been to generation 6 before the game destroyed itself and took my family with it. I've started a new family, but they've only made it to 3 generations so far (2 if you don't count the founding generation) and I can't say i'm really that motivated to keep playing them. I'm just not finding myself very attached to them. We'll see though. I'm just waiting on their son to get back from military school so I can move him, the heir's twin sister and one of the dogs out to make room for my heir to start his family.

Offline Justin2108

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »
I am still on my same family and I have moved out some kids, one has been married and the other is living in a bachelor pad in backyard. I have a toddler and have a small collection of gems! ;D

Offline geekgirl101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2014, 10:10:29 PM »
I started out with Buster Round and moved him out of his dump to a more cheaper yet nicer shack.  Sold his car to help pay for a trip to China and he came back twice as rich, then married Suzy Strummer who shared many traits with him.  After a honeymoon in France and having found many nice trinkets and built up a nice little fortune I sent them to university to get a degree in fine arts to help boost their payment from the music career.  I didn't intend to make them vampires as I loathe the idea of playing a family to infinity with riches beyond their wildest dreams piling up, but they became best friends with their professor who happened to be a vampire and next thing I knew they both wanted to become vamps.  So now they've massed enough fortune to move to a more stylish pad in the fancy part of Bridgeport away from the noise and smog and less intrusions from the paparazi, which is just as well as they now want children and those dingy little apartments have barely enough space to swing a cat let alone a toddler.  Still doesn't stop them from wanting to move into a penthouse but there currently aren't any available for sale so they'll just have to settle with their extra roomy house with a large patio and swimming pool out back.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2014, 03:11:41 PM »
Well, I've gone off the deep end because I've decided to try to build a garrison similar to the one on the new Musketeers show, despite the fact that building skill is something I lack. It's a pain in the butt to build the stables as apparently any enclosed space, full of arches and without a roof or no, is considered by the game to be inside. I finally gave in and made a tiny hole near the back to get the darn things working. Just as a side note, roofs in this game are weird; you aren't allowed to have more than one roof pattern. It's like, c'mon game, let me do my thing, please. But, yeah, I've pretty much got the basic structure finished, it's the object placing and building rooms that's now occupying my time. Once that's done, test time!

And then maybe start building Elsa's ice castle (provided I can find a pattern that works).

Offline blackforest0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2014, 04:41:02 PM »
As of now, my projects involve getting my sims game back to its former glory. I had a problem with my computer, so I had to refresh it. I didn't lose my music, pictures, or documents, but I lost all of my stuff relating to the sims. I have everything needed to get it all back though, except for my saves.  :-\ Gotta start those over, but if I've done it once I can do it again. Oh Master Alchemist Sim, here I come. Again.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2014, 05:35:35 PM »
I recently bought a new laptop since I was no longer able to save any progress on my previous Build-A-City-Challenge project.   :'(  I have none of my store content downloaded and have only loaded the base game installed so far.  On my desktop, I had all the graphics sliders on the lowest setting.  I couldn't play pets at all because the animals were all distorted.  Now, on my new laptop, all the sliders are at the highest.  It is like a whole new game.  Who knew there bubbles when you washed the dishes?  All the textures are amazing.  I am able to play on low speed and the game still moves so even all the sounds are like new.  It has really been wonderful.  Have you seen the view of Sunset Valley from the window on the top floor of the Goth's house? 

So, my current project is exploring Sunset Valley.  I am playing three days in each family getting to know all of the sims and their houses.  I'm a bit worried because I own all of the worlds and expansions.  I don't think I'd have time for anything else if I were to do this with each neighborhood.  ::)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »
I'm hoping to scrape up enough time and compile a list of the new Harvestables, Recipes, and Skills introduce from the Sim 3 store content.

Offline Justin2108

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2014, 12:44:20 PM »
Just went to future and got the plumbot legacy statue. It took ages and I am going to send both kids to boarding school so that they are out of the way. My current main sim is also going to marry a future sim and live there almost permanently. I got sunlit tides and may be moving them. However this would split a four generation house in half so I am going join everyone up again and go that way or copy them to clipboard and do it that way.