Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130316 times)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 02:04:06 AM »
**Mermaids would need to max a skill other than scuba diving
   **Aliens would need to max a skill other than advanced technology

Can I point out something? Since the couple must be made in CAS, there can't be any alien babies since aliens cannot be made in CAS and you can't turn a human into an alien. The only way you can have alien babies is by alien abduction or moving in an alien, the latter would violate the rules, so only an accidental alien abduction would bring an alien into the house. So that rule about aliens maxing another skill should not be in there as there is no way for your couple to have an alien baby. You'd have to send alien babies to their homeworld.

Mermaid kids are possible if you buy mermaidic kelp or get it from a mermaid but not aliens, you can only get aliens from in-game so there is no point in having the rule about aliens needing to master another skill as there will be no alien babies in the challenge unless your male Sim gets abducted.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 02:18:23 AM »
I would like to ask why vampires are allowed for this challenge as the skill bug for born vampires still exist (thereby making one requirement of this challenge rather moot) and that made vampires still get the double skill bonus during the night, thus rendering skill challenges which rely on levels (ie paint X paintings of X quality) much easier and making ladder-climbing in some rabbit-holes much faster.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 02:21:27 AM »
I would consider a vampire to be challenging to play, because of the skill requirement - maybe I just have an unruly bunch of glittersparks, but I would have to micromanage to make sure that the vampire(s) doesn't wind up stockpiling skills. Plus, they still have to do the challenges, and avoid the sunlight, and all that other fun stuff.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 02:41:22 AM »
Regarding collections:
- Does the 'time travel' items mean items from Oasis Landing or items acquired through use of the time machine?
- Can stuff you get from rumaging count towards collections?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »
Can I point out something? Since the couple must be made in CAS, there can't be any alien babies since aliens cannot be made in CAS and you can't turn a human into an alien. The only way you can have alien babies is by alien abduction or moving in an alien, the latter would violate the rules, so only an accidental alien abduction would bring an alien into the house. So that rule about aliens maxing another skill should not be in there as there is no way for your couple to have an alien baby. You'd have to send alien babies to their homeworld.

Mermaid kids are possible if you buy mermaidic kelp or get it from a mermaid but not aliens, you can only get aliens from in-game so there is no point in having the rule about aliens needing to master another skill as there will be no alien babies in the challenge unless your male Sim gets abducted.

Good point. I think someone mentioned as much in the workbench thread and I forgot about it. Thank you.

Regarding collections:
- Does the 'time travel' items mean items from Oasis Landing or items acquired through use of the time machine?

Time Machine.

- Can stuff you get from rumaging count towards collections?

Sure, I do not see why not.

EDIT: Stolen Items are already in the list and basically you are stealing from someone's trash, so just look at it that way. So, items obtained from rummaging can just be under that umbrella.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 10:39:48 AM »
Hi, I have a quick question, there are two 20x20 lots and one 25x25 lot in DV and I can't find any EA made houses that will fit in it. What should I do?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 11:09:12 AM »
dontmindme, Dealing with the 20x20 lot counts as one of your 5 lots. You can merge it with a nearby lot or make it big enough for a house or community building.

Metro, in the Workbench, I asked whether the founders could buy businesses and properties, and you said definitely not, that had to be reserved for the drones. So maybe you should state either way.

Also, if you make best friends with 2 people before Reproductive Day 1, but you let one of the friendships decay to good friend, could that person still be eligible to count as best friend for a future day? Or is he off the list forever?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »
Dontmindme...if you have IP you can place houseboats on regular land and they are small enough for the small lots

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 11:25:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies, Marian and Sim.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »
Metro, in the Workbench, I asked whether the founders could buy businesses and properties, and you said definitely not, that had to be reserved for the drones. So maybe you should state either way.

Yeah what I want to avoid is the King and Queen making millions quickly with the guitar exploit or something similar, buying up all properties, and then the drones simply do not have the requirement anymore. I do not want to outright ban the King and Queen buying properties because maybe in some towns there would be enough of them to go around — every natural child and clone could buy one as part of moving out as well as some being left over. It's just something the player is going to have to figure out on their own. I am just not sure how to phrase it — maybe someone could help me in as few words as possible. The drones have to be the ones to buy properties because it's one of their requirements. You'd only be able to have the King and Queen buy properties if you knew for sure that all drones in the future would be able to do so.

Also, if you make best friends with 2 people before Reproductive Day 1, but you let one of the friendships decay to good friend, could that person still be eligible to count as best friend for a future day? Or is he off the list forever?

I know it sounds crazy, but strictly speaking if either King or Queen had 2 BF not on the family tree before RD 1, then they'd be stockpiling. So, just don't let it happen.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »
I've only played casual games for the last, I don't know, 14 years or so of Sims... It's only the last year I've tried these challenges.  I don't know all the tricks yet for skilling faster... And this is going to take me FOREVER!!! :) Can't wait to show off my sims.  Although, now that I think of it, they are very "Avatar" ish....
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
Can't wait to show off my sims.  Although, now that I think of it, they are very "Avatar" ish....

Hehe..how perfect! So, they've got the blue thing going on? :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 01:08:13 PM »
Yeah what I want to avoid is the King and Queen making millions quickly with the guitar exploit or something similar, buying up all properties, and then the drones simply do not have the requirement anymore. I do not want to outright ban the King and Queen buying properties because maybe in some towns there would be enough of them to go around — every natural child and clone could buy one as part of moving out as well as some being left over. It's just something the player is going to have to figure out on their own. I am just not sure how to phrase it — maybe someone could help me in as few words as possible. The drones have to be the ones to buy properties because it's one of their requirements. You'd only be able to have the King and Queen buy properties if you knew for sure that all drones in the future would be able to do so.

I know it sounds crazy, but strictly speaking if either King or Queen had 2 BF not on the family tree before RD 1, then they'd be stockpiling. So, just don't let it happen.

I figured that was the case, but wanted to check. With regard to buildings and drones, maybe it would help to say something like, "If you have more buildings and properties in your town than spaces for drones, the King and Queen may buy the excess."

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 01:15:34 PM »
I figured that was the case, but wanted to check. With regard to buildings and drones, maybe it would help to say something like, "If you have more buildings and properties in your town than spaces for drones, the King and Queen may buy the excess."

Well said, Marian. Thank you.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »

This is going to be hard "not" to exploit this.  Buying properties requires money, and money are accumulative household funds - which king and queen will contribute.  So if king use guitar exploit and make millions, then the drone just have to pick up their phone and purchase real estate and upgrade, too simple.