Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 129364 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2014, 04:37:39 PM »
When I have a YA ready to move out, instead of moving the YA out, can I move the rest of the family to a new house, leaving a YA in my original house?  Since there's no restriction about moving my founders, it seems like that would be allowed, but I wanted to be sure.

Says on the page: Moving is fine, but you cannot change neighborhoods.  I am pretty sure you can move your founders.

Yeah this is okay with me.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »
Thanks, Nutella! Either I missed that or (more likely) I forgot. Been a hectic last few weeks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2014, 05:56:22 PM »
I just had a clone child (via clone voucher) with different hair color, creepy !

That happened several times when I played the original Attack of the clones challenge.  Cloning seems to have the same chance of mutation as a normal pregnancy   ???.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
Oh no, looks like I'll have to just try to organise the birthdays better then. Shame!

My plan for skipping at least some graduations is to keep them all in high school until they complete all the requirements except the portrait, then age up the one who I can do the portrait for. As soon as the portrait is done they get moved out. Self employment careers can be done in high school and the professions can be done as soon as the sim applies to the job so easy 1 promotion while the portrait is being painted. Of course this won't work with rabbit hole careers, so some graduations will have to happen. And as long as I can get the masterpiece portrait painted before the graduation ceremony starts.

At least that's the plan.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
My plan for skipping at least some graduations is to keep them all in high school until they complete all the requirements except the portrait, then age up the one who I can do the portrait for. As soon as the portrait is done they get moved out. Self employment careers can be done in high school and the professions can be done as soon as the sim applies to the job so easy 1 promotion while the portrait is being painted. Of course this won't work with rabbit hole careers, so some graduations will have to happen. And as long as I can get the masterpiece portrait painted before the graduation ceremony starts.

At least that's the plan.

Lvrugger that's is not going to work out, if you look at this rule

Jobs must be acquired after drone has become a YA

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2014, 08:38:08 PM »
@lvrugger

Lena is right, jobs must be acquired after drone has become YA.  Anyways the frustrating thing for me isn't the graduation, but the masterpiece portrait.  Sometimes, it takes forever to get that masterpiece, and sometimes its the 1st try.  Luck.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2014, 10:23:46 PM »
Congratulations to Callycat on finishing this dynasty, great job.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »
That was quick. Congrats, callycat!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »
Wow, that was fast. I saw in your HoF posting that you finished in week 14. In week 14 mine only qualified for their 3rd RD. Great job!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2014, 12:22:43 AM »
callycat, wow, finishing in week 14! And with all those graduations, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2014, 04:49:29 AM »
Congratulations to Callycat on finishing this dynasty, great job.

Thank you (and to Trip, KRae and MarianT too)! I needed a break before going back to my umpteenth try at the Life States dynasty, so the timing probably accounts for a lot. I lost a lot of days from that one in a crash, and just couldn't face repeating it all immediately.

MarianT, yes, I need to work on minimising those graduation days next time. Maybe if I took my finger off the 3 key I could do better with the birthdays!
[they/them pronouns please]

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2014, 08:10:34 AM »
Congrats, callycat *gives you a big Hall of Fame round of applause* :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:58 AM »
Congrats Callycat...what town did you play in?  Just curious as it only 14 weeks.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2014, 11:12:54 AM »
Regarding graduations:  I just don't let them go.  As soon as they drop everything to attend graduation, I pause the game, flip around to everyone cancelling their "waiting for graduates" or "attend graduation" action.  For the sims not graduating, I queue up a change outfit, and whatever it is I want them to do, and then go on to the next one.  For the sim(s) graduating, I just cancel the go to graduation action.  Once everyone's "waiting for graduates" or "attend graduation" is canceled, I go back to the one (or one of the ones) graduating and start the game on the slowest speed.  That sim will change into graduation robes, throw confetti, and wave a diploma, but that takes less time than the hoopla of a birthday party, and then I can change their clothes and put them back to work.   :D  If there's more than one graduating, I just do that with all of them. 

It's still disruptive, but not as bad as if they actually went to graduation.  Of course, they still miss a day of work, so I try to have the whole generation graduate at once.  It takes full micro-management for a short period on graduation day to get them all cancelled, out of their graduation robes, and back to what I want them to do, but at least it's all concentrated in one day.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »
Rules Clarification:

Click on the Show Empty Houses tab in the lower left screen and choose a house (EA designed houses only -- from the library bin or from any one of the EA world houses copied to the library bin) you like that will fit on the lot.