Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130556 times)

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #330 on: October 07, 2014, 01:03:24 PM »
Is there a way to evict townies and make them homeless instead of erasing them from existence? It's kinda sad, what even is the point of making best friends with them if they're just going to disappear from the relationship panel and everywhere the second you kick them out.

Also I just noticed the consignment and other registers are always empty and the stores are permanently closed. Do I just keep deleting old ones and adding new ones?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #331 on: October 07, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »
I don't know of a way to merely make them homeless, sorry. What the point of being nice when doing a hostile takeover, though? :P

Does deleting the old ones and replacing them work, even temporarily?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #332 on: October 07, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
Your clones can always marry townies.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #333 on: October 07, 2014, 01:47:26 PM »
However, the point is not just to have a drone in each household. It's to make the town nothing but drones.

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
« Reply #334 on: October 07, 2014, 01:50:18 PM »
Wait, we can marry townies? I've always thought we can't, since you won't be purchasing the homes this way.

Trip: Well, I don't think it's necessarily "nice" to kick people out of their homes. Besides, what's the point of a takeover if there are no one left to rule over? :P

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #335 on: October 07, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
Besides, what's the point of a takeover if there are no one left to rule over? :P

Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #336 on: November 06, 2014, 08:36:56 PM »
I think I may have messed up, but wanted to check before I pull the plug on my current attempts.

King and Queen make their five items, which are moved into the honeycomb room. Kids become YAs and portraits of them get added t honeycomb room. I've then been disposing of the King and Queen's five items and using the space for the requirements for the next day. But, I think I'm meant to be keeping each of the items for each Romantic Day until the very end, aren't I?'

Edit: I have been keeping the masterpiece portraits of the drones in the honeycomb room, the only things I have been disposing of have been the collections. From another quick read through of the ruleset, they seem to be silent on keeping/disposing of collection

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #337 on: November 06, 2014, 10:22:43 PM »
Yeah, you should be keeping your collections from each Reproduction Day. Sorry.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: November 09, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
ok, could that be added into the ruleset? Or at least made clearer?

Edit to add: Can the different uses of the whiteboard
- make a chart
- draw a diagram
- design sports play
- outline an idea
- solve equation and
- create concept art
be used/included as collection types?

Do the proceeds of werewolves hunting for gems/metals/insects (mine have caught butterflies as well as usual insects) count towards collections?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #339 on: November 11, 2014, 12:39:26 PM »
Sorry for the delay. I'll edit the ruleset to make things more clear. :)

I haven't really used the whiteboard. Does what you make on the whiteboard stay in some way? If there's a physical thing to collect from whiteboard uses, then I'm all for including it as a collection.

Doesn't matter how they get their collectables, just that they do and that they're the ones who do it. So the loot from a werewolf hunt is totally fine.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: November 11, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »
11/11/2014: A clarification was made to the rules about collections for the King and Queen. Changes are in bold:

• The King and Queen must assemble one collection of 5 objects. Both King and Queen must each contribute at least one item to the collection, and they must keep these collections for the duration of the game. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to the King and Queen as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 5 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each Reproductive Day’s collection must be a unique item type. Qualified Item List — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc), celebrity freebies in family inventory, wedding presents, Stolen Items by a Sim (not rabbit hole steals), time travel items, paintings, photos, elixirs, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, fireflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, wildflowers, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, fancy festival eggs, samples from the science skill, street art, seashells, messages in a bottle, Nanites, Love Gifts, Potions (from logic skill), Moneybags (from money tree), Star dust, Dark matter, Upgraded items from handiness skill, Cooked dishes from cooking skill, Sketches from drafting table, Prism Art Studio items, and any harvestables from Omni Plants.[/size]

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #341 on: November 18, 2014, 04:02:21 AM »
Thank you Trip

What I was thinking was this with the whiteboards. I get 5 whiteboards. king goes to 3 of them does something on them, puts them in honeycomb room. Queen goes to 2 of them, does something to them, puts them in honeycomb room. I don't have them erase the whiteboards.

I had a question regarding collecting service rewards. A number of the skill based careers give you an item for reaching 25 k of sales of the product. Can i leave off the King/Queen from collecting the 25 k reward until after the next reproduction day so that they can count those towards their requirements.

EG King and Queen complete painting career, and get the message of getting the ribbon (or whatever it is) from the mayor. Instead of going straight away to get it, they wait until after the meet other requirements for current romantic day, and before changing to their next career, they both go to city hall and collect them then?

I'm sure that's not within the spirit of this challenge, as it kinds of feels like stockpiling to me, but I thought I'd ask :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2014, 05:06:41 PM »
I'm honestly not sure what to think of using Whiteboards as a collection type and will bring it up with the Team.

It feels like stockpiling because I'm leaning heavily towards banning that as a form of stockpiling.

EDIT: I recently learned that Whiteboard use increases the Street Art skill, so I'm going to edit the rules to include them as a collection type.

I'm going to clarify that career awards need to be collected before the Reproduction Day they're counting towards.

Rule Edit 11/19/2014

The King and Queen must assemble one collection of 5 objects. Both King and Queen must each contribute at least one item to the collection, and they must keep these collections for the duration of the game. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to the King and Queen as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 5 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each Reproductive Day’s collection must be a unique item type. Qualified Item List — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc; career rewards must be earned before the Reproduction Day they're counting towards), celebrity freebies in family inventory, wedding presents, Stolen Items by a Sim (not rabbit hole steals), time travel items, paintings, photos, elixirs, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, fireflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, wildflowers, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, fancy festival eggs, samples from the science skill, street art, seashells, messages in a bottle, Nanites, Love Gifts, Potions (from logic skill), Moneybags (from money tree), Star dust, Dark matter, Upgraded items from handiness skill, Cooked dishes from cooking skill, Sketches from drafting table, Prism Art Studio items, Whiteboard drawings, and any harvestables from Omni Plants.

Offline crth

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #343 on: December 31, 2014, 03:38:35 AM »
I was all excited, made a plan, and was off to the races to dominate Hidden Springs when the whole enterprise came to a screeching halt.  :-\  I'm hoping someone will know how to solve this problem.

My two Sims were both going to be self-employed guitarists. They learned the skill, but when they went to register as self-employed, there was no option at all for self-employed when I clicked on the town hall. So I skilled them up higher, and still nothing. Next I researched posts and found that a few people had trouble with the register as self-employed option coming up and had fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling Ambitions, which I did. When I restarted my game, my Sims were still not able to register as self-employed guitarists. So I went to an older file which I knew had a self-employed Sim. That file was fine and had the option for my Sim to register as another type of self-employed than she already was. However, I did notice that she had a point in guitar skill but that self-employed guitarist did not show up as an option. So...I started another new game and had one Sim learn guitar and the other painting. Bingo! The painting Sim could register, but the guitar Sim could not. I had them each do several skills, and none of the instrument skills ever showed up as an option, but everything else I tested showed up normally.

So, two days later and I still have not dominated anything! Now what? My Sims were supposed to dominate the world as self-employed guitarists. Does anyone know a way to fix this? Or do I just change my plans and my Sims careers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2014, 05:59:38 AM »
I didn't realise you could register as self employed guitarists. I know that you can register as a band. I also know you can become singers with the Showtime Pack (and they can have guitars as well) but was never aware that self employment as a guitarist was an option. Are your sims able to form a band and do it that way?