Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130350 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »
Thank you so much, Nutella. :)

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »
The community garden in my game has "small park" as lot designation.  Rica already have a list of small parks and undesignated lots in each world, http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,17623.0.html

Simfulicious, do you know any other lots that are not purchasable but not covered by small parks / undesignated?

Aurora Skies (which is where I'm playing this one) also has the Blue Lagoon, which is set to Visitors Allowed and not showing as purchasable. It's not on the list posted, so do I leave it alone or change it?

[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tirajm

• Nooboo
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2014, 05:42:55 PM »
On the small parks, I just wasn't sure if they counted as an empty lot (because there isn't actually anything there) or as a "filled" lot (because in Edit Town, they don't have the empty lot symbol).  We can change all of them, right?  It doesn't count towards the five altered lots limit?

I posted about it on the Aliens thread in the Seasons board, but aliens that come up in CAS do have the full array of alien powers.  They are excellent Dynasty founders because they can summon valuable meteorites and don't have to sleep.

On the Advanced Technology skill - it seems strange that it would auto-max as a teen, because children and up can learn it.  I moved in the Larson family one time, and Not!Luke kept on popping the High Tech Collecter LTW, since he already had maxed Advanced Technology.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2014, 05:51:20 PM »
Aurora Skies (which is where I'm playing this one) also has the Blue Lagoon, which is set to Visitors Allowed and not showing as purchasable. It's not on the list posted, so do I leave it alone or change it?

I'm not a boss, but based on my conversation earlier today with Nutella you would need to change it to one of the four types...and then we can have Nutella edit her post with the list.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2014, 05:53:25 PM »
On the small parks, I just wasn't sure if they counted as an empty lot (because there isn't actually anything there) or as a "filled" lot (because in Edit Town, they don't have the empty lot symbol).  We can change all of them, right?  It doesn't count towards the five altered lots limit?

If the icon shows it as filled, and you don't change it toward one of your 5 free moves, then you would need to change the lot type to one of the four.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2014, 05:57:21 PM »

I'm not a boss, but based on my conversation earlier today with Nutella you would need to change it to one of the four types...and then we can have Nutella edit her post with the list.

Yeah, that would be my guess too.

The Fire Station, Salon and Junkyard are also not purchasable, so I should probably check on those too. The Fire Station and Salon I'm assuming need to stay as they are for the two professions, but what about the Junkyard? I don't know if changing that would break anything.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »
I don't think you can change those lot types, and I don't know why, but I thought that you could buy those things.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2014, 06:14:23 PM »

Yes the small parks are confusing, hence we put this new rule in.  Yes you can change all the small parks and undesignated lots to one of the four choices listed.  It doesn't count towards your 5 altered lot limit.

I posted about it on the Aliens thread in the Seasons board, but aliens that come up in CAS do have the full array of alien powers.  They are excellent Dynasty founders because they can summon valuable meteorites and don't have to sleep.

On the Advanced Technology skill - it seems strange that it would auto-max as a teen, because children and up can learn it.  I moved in the Larson family one time, and Not!Luke kept on popping the High Tech Collecter LTW, since he already had maxed Advanced Technology.

You can use whatever life state you want.  So far we only found mermaids to come with max scuba diving skill upon aging up, hence mermaid drones cannot count that skill for their requirement.  If you have an alien drone and upon aging up he/she doesn't have maxed advanced tech skill, you can use that skill as a requirement.  We just don't want players to skip/cheat that max skill requirement.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2014, 06:22:20 PM »
Yeah, that would be my guess too.

The Fire Station, Salon and Junkyard are also not purchasable, so I should probably check on those too. The Fire Station and Salon I'm assuming need to stay as they are for the two professions, but what about the Junkyard? I don't know if changing that would break anything.

Correct.  They will be buildings which we will never be able to buy.

City Hall, Police Station, Fire Station, and Salon -- you can delete the or let them stay, 2 are rabbit hole jobs and 2 are professions.   If you do decide to delete them, then it counts towards your 5 allotted lot changes.  I don't recommend deleting the city hall  :P

Junkyard is technically a filled commercial lot, but can't be purchased.  You can leave it and do nothing.  In my own dynasty, I choose to delete the junkyard and put a house there, counts towards my 5 allotted lot changes.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2014, 06:26:56 PM »

Leave it alone.  I am trying to follow what Rica has setup, and here is her post regarding that.

The Blue Lagoon is marked Visitors Allowed.  All previous lots allowed for reassignment were small parks or no visitors allowed.   The reason I didn't allow for The Blue Lagoon was based on that.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2014, 06:30:01 PM »
Correct.  They will be buildings which we will never be able to buy.

City Hall, Police Station, Fire Station, and Salon -- you can delete the or let them stay, 2 are rabbit hole jobs and 2 are professions.   If you do decide to delete them, then it counts towards your 5 allotted lot changes.  I don't recommend deleting the city hall  :P

Junkyard is technically a filled commercial lot, but can't be purchased.  You can leave it and do nothing.  In my own dynasty, I choose to delete the junkyard and put a house there, counts towards my 5 allotted lot changes.

Great, thanks! I actually added the fire station as one of my 5 as Aurora Skies doesn't have one. I didn't get to add much else because it has 3 tiny lots that needed fixing, but I like the Firefighter profession and it's a nice option for this challenge.

Thanks for letting us fix these and continue, it never occurred to me to do anything with these lots!

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2014, 06:31:38 PM »
Leave it alone.  I am trying to follow what Rica has setup, and here is her post regarding that.

Will do, thanks for the quick replies!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2014, 06:39:50 AM »
Sweet! I think I'll just plop down 5 junkyards. Save my sims some time and money :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2014, 01:20:28 PM »
When I have a YA ready to move out, instead of moving the YA out, can I move the rest of the family to a new house, leaving a YA in my original house?  Since there's no restriction about moving my founders, it seems like that would be allowed, but I wanted to be sure.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »
Says on the page: Moving is fine, but you cannot change neighborhoods.  I am pretty sure you can move your founders.