Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 129366 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
I just noticed that the 4 instruments each have a skill challenge with the same name -- Money Maker (it's for getting $25,000 in tips with that instrument). Does that mean that if your King or Queen gets Money Maker for guitar, they cannot also get it for Drums?

Also, I saw that a picture has been added to the first page. It looks great!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2014, 04:57:53 PM »
I just noticed that the 4 instruments each have a skill challenge with the same name -- Money Maker (it's for getting $25,000 in tips with that instrument). Does that mean that if your King or Queen gets Money Maker for guitar, they cannot also get it for Drums?

No, treat those as different.

Also, I saw that a picture has been added to the first page. It looks great!

Yes, that is compliments of Rachel. Thank you, Rachel. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #302 on: August 11, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »
@MarianT you may find some tips for finding gnomes in this thread: Gnome is Where the Heart is
Also, there is a dedicated gnome thread here: The Ultimate Magic Gnome Thread

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2014, 12:37:39 AM »
I just read in the "Hints and tips" thread that occults Sims won't be able to get clone voucher LTR... How come? Why is that? I'm just starting my Domination Dynasty (because of my trouble with the Store content- had to reinstall everything) and made them both Occults!
ĄPura vida!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2014, 01:04:59 AM »
I just read in the "Hints and tips" thread that occults Sims won't be able to get clone voucher LTR... How come? Why is that? I'm just starting my Domination Dynasty (because of my trouble with the Store content- had to reinstall everything) and made them both Occults!

When you are an occult, clone voucher doesn't appear on the list of LTHP Rewards you can choose from. (Clone Voucher doesn't appear, it isn't greyed out, it just isn't there, like magic hands if you are not a witch).

Edit: It is a restriction put on you by Sims 3, not something that this site puts on you, just to clarify. :) What you can do is change your sim/s to normal sim/s so they can get the clone vouchers and then change the sim/s back to the same or a different occult.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2014, 07:17:21 AM »
Deklitch is right, this is just how sims3 work.  For my dynasty, I have tons of potent cure elixir and bottled vampire elixirs on hand.  After deliveries, I will send king (or queen) to the science lab, use potent cure elixir then buy clone vouchers, after getting all of the clones then use elixirs and change back to vampires.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
That's what I did with my fairies as well. I also bought or made extra blessing of the fae because I wanted all my clones to be fairies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #307 on: August 12, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
I just have my King and Queen ask each other to forsake their witch/werewolf/fairy powers.  Pretty fast and easy, and no elixirs required.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #308 on: August 12, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »
I just have my King and Queen ask each other to forsake their witch/werewolf/fairy powers.  Pretty fast and easy, and no elixirs required.

*facepalm* But I have enough potent cure elixirs that I can probably make it to the end.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #309 on: August 12, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »
Oh, thank you all, I didn't know that! I'm just started so I haven't even looked for that clone voucher. It seems like alchemy is one of the first skills they should learn, they can always buy the elixirs, but it is better if they can make them... but then, if they forsake their "fairyness", would they stop being fairies? I've never tried that! Nice, I want to go try it!  ;D Thank you all!
ĄPura vida!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »
Oh, thank you all, I didn't know that! I'm just started so I haven't even looked for that clone voucher. It seems like alchemy is one of the first skills they should learn, they can always buy the elixirs, but it is better if they can make them... but then, if they forsake their "fairyness", would they stop being fairies? I've never tried that! Nice, I want to go try it!  ;D Thank you all!
Yes, they'll be human after forsaking their powers. After they're cloned, you can use a Bottled Blessing of the Fae elixir to make them fairies again.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2014, 12:38:32 PM »
Thank you GlazeyLady! I have got to try it!

I think I read somewhere that there was an opportunity that makes you painter Sim paint only masterpieces, or at least they could choose the level of the painting: does anyone remember about it? How to get it? Is it allowed?
ĄPura vida!

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2014, 01:04:48 PM »
It's from the Art Appraiser Career. More about it here. It doesn't apply to portraits though. It's great for advancing the Art Appraiser career. As soon you complete an opp your progress bar fills up completely. And it has the exact amount of opps to reach level 10 of the career with little effort.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2014, 01:37:27 AM »
With the 5 lots that we are allowed to do anything we like to them, does this include (for example) plopping down the elixir store from Moonlight Falls onto (for example) a 60 x 60 lot, then going in and putting a regular consignment store register into the store, as well as perhaps a couple of the smaller rabbitholes let's say a subway station and fortune tellers wagon on the lot?

Or can I take a completely empty 60x60 (or 64x64) lot as one of my five and put down some rabbitholes on it (once again something like the previously mentioned subway station and fortune tellers wagon, perhaps the vault of antiquity and arbitorium as well), and build a small building in which I place the elixir store and consignment store registers, perhaps an alchemy station?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2014, 07:35:10 AM »
Deklitch, my understanding is that the rules regarding the 5 lots are similar to those for other dynasties. In other words, if you want the Gypsy Wagon, you have to copy that lot from Moonlight Falls and put it in your library. And if you want a subway station at the beginning, you have to add one of the lots from Late Night that includes it. However, once your drones start buying property, you can add subways, registers, etc. to them. If you add the Gypsy Wagon to a lot, that will change it from a Property to a Business, so your drone will have to buy it again.

Of course, the Challenge team might have decided to do things differently for this dynasty, so you might want to wait for their final ruling.