Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 129345 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »
Since the drones have to get only one promotion, you really can't distinguish between the two branches of Astronomy, Criminal, Music, etc. Would it still be all right to have two of them go into each of those careers?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2014, 12:01:37 PM »
In theory, all a drone would have to do is join the career, right? Placing dive lots in other world is tricky, unsupported, and also requires cheats, correct (and it's banned in other dynasties).

No, drone has to get level 1 in the job.  If you have Island Paradise but are not playing in isla paradiso, you cannot add dive lots to other world. 

Dive Lots -  Due to the fact that it's glitchy and requires lots of cheating to place a lot somewhere other than IP, dive lots are not allowed to be placed in other worlds.

For scuba diver job requirement, its only $30 to get to level 1 -- you can just snorkel in the sea and get random stuff, then sell it.  Shouldn't be too hard to get level 1 scuba diver career.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »
I need to stop forgetting about the requirement to be promoted once too. ::) But even that sounds doable in any world.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »
Since the drones have to get only one promotion, you really can't distinguish between the two branches of Astronomy, Criminal, Music, etc. Would it still be all right to have two of them go into each of those careers?

Well, the spirit of the challenge is for all the drones to do different jobs and then you would overlap once everything is exhausted. So, in my opinion, you'd have one drone do one branch of the music career and then you would not come back to the other branch until all other jobs have been secured. Make sense?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 01:21:18 PM »
Not everyone is going to be able to place every job venue in their town with just 5 lots being changeable. It should be okay to skip those. What's the verdict? Also how does band work as a career? Are there levels and promotions?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2014, 01:34:07 PM »
Not everyone is going to be able to place every job venue in their town with just 5 lots being changeable. It should be okay to skip those. What's the verdict? Also how does band work as a career? Are there levels and promotions?

Well, yes I agree. If you run out of options with your 5 lots and cannot place the studio for example to unlock the movie careers, then you obviously cannot do them.

The Band is a self employed career you grab at City Hall and it has levels and promotions like all other self employment careers.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »
Counting each of the double careers only once for the drones makes sense to me, and we are allowed duplicates if we run out of careers before we run out of drones. The list has been very helpful -- thanks, Nutella!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »
I'm curious about the buying properties requirement, because the properties are bought with the household money and they go to the household, it's not like each drone would take the property with them, so I understand this rule like "the timing": buy a property when a drone is ready to move, but who makes the phone call or who made the money makes no difference, or does it?

By the way what is "the guitar exploit"?

(I wrote this a while ago but never send it!)
ˇPura vida!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »
I'm curious about the buying properties requirement, because the properties are bought with the household money and they go to the household, it's not like each drone would take the property with them, so I understand this rule like "the timing": buy a property when a drone is ready to move, but who makes the phone call or who made the money makes no difference, or does it?

Part of the challenge is you making sure that there are properties for drones to buy.

By the way what is "the guitar exploit"?

Tips are largely based on the number of compositions performed stat. One of the songs you can perform — "I won't if you will" actually cancels after a couple seconds of starting, but still registers in the journal. So, you can cue up 8 "I won't if you will" and burn through them in no time.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
Thanks Nutella ... I can see I should have started on my laptop, not the desktop, as the laptop doesn't have showtime, pets, uni, island paradise or seasons on it. I really dislike those pesky showtime careers, and I've never played around with the island paradise careers to a great extent either.

Of course, doing so would mean I wouldn't have access to genies, and that would make me sad.

Counting each of the careers with two tracks only once for drones would make sense to me, as they change into their tracks at about job level 5 or 6, I think, and not at level 2. If level 2 had them breaking into separate tracks, then yes, I think they could be counted, but not when that happens at level 5 or 6

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2014, 01:29:39 AM »
What if I decide, not to use the option with the 5 lots I can change, but I instead just place houses.
I know I would invalidate myself from more unique jobs, or properties to  buy, but is it okay just to place houses?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2014, 03:38:51 AM »
What if I decide, not to use the option with the 5 lots I can change, but I instead just place houses.
I know I would invalidate myself from more unique jobs, or properties to  buy, but is it okay just to place houses?

I hope so, because if not, I've invalidated my attempt at this challenge. :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2014, 06:37:30 AM »
You are allowed to do whatever you want with the 5 empty lots. That would include just placing houses on them.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »
So I think I already know the answer to this, but I am going to ask it anyways...

My King, Goldbreeze Honeycomb, is working on his last level of the painter career.  So of course, he has to paint.  He already earned Brushmaster and whatever the brilliant painting challenge is.  He just earned himself the Masterpiece challenge too, making 3 skill challenges, and he still has to cash in around $14,000 more to max his career.  He didn't have anything on to make better paintings...no aura of creativity or extra creative LTR...nothing.  Is it possible for me to continue for HOF, if I just don't ever count the masterpiece skill challenge?  I just think that this particular challenge is totally out of the player's control, and I really don't want to start over, but I will understand if that's what you guys decide.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:17 PM »
My understanding is that you would only count two of the challenges. Having 3 challenges doesn't cause you to fail; it just means that you can't count one of them, ever. But you can wait for a more official ruling.

anything