Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130229 times)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
I have an itch to play something in Twinbrook for some reason, so I have a question.  I am pretty sure it has been said that you can change ANY 5 lots you wish.  So, obviously in Twinbrook, there isn't a really large lot.  If I was to bulldoze the stadium or some other rabbit-hole I didn't plan to use for a place to put the Fae Rae Gardens, would it cause any bugs not having that staple rabbit-hole in the town?  Or would it be better to get rid of the big park in the town center?   Also, am I even interpreting the edit town rules correctly?  Thanks for your time.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2014, 02:22:10 AM »
My King and Queen have just qualified for RD 9, and things are going pretty well. However, MN8 has been overrun by dozens of proprietors. They gather outside during the day and inside at night getting in each others way. So far I don't think it's slow my file down, but if it does, do I have permission to save a fresh copy of MN8 to my bin, bulldoze the old, and replace it with the new? My drones would repurchase MN8 2.0. They've run out of properties to purchase anyway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:04 AM »
Also wondering... My drone got an RI who happens to live in town. Can she marry him and move in with him?

EDIT: Can drones repeat skills?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »
I have an itch to play something in Twinbrook for some reason, so I have a question.  I am pretty sure it has been said that you can change ANY 5 lots you wish.  So, obviously in Twinbrook, there isn't a really large lot.  If I was to bulldoze the stadium or some other rabbit-hole I didn't plan to use for a place to put the Fae Rae Gardens, would it cause any bugs not having that staple rabbit-hole in the town?  Or would it be better to get rid of the big park in the town center?   Also, am I even interpreting the edit town rules correctly?  Thanks for your time.

Yes, you can change ANY 5 lots you wish. So, what you want to do is fine. As to the consequences I do not know.

My King and Queen have just qualified for RD 9, and things are going pretty well. However, MN8 has been overrun by dozens of proprietors. They gather outside during the day and inside at night getting in each others way. So far I don't think it's slow my file down, but if it does, do I have permission to save a fresh copy of MN8 to my bin, bulldoze the old, and replace it with the new? My drones would repurchase MN8 2.0. They've run out of properties to purchase anyway.

We'll discuss that when and if you have technical problems, but yeah go ahead and save to bin just in case.

Also wondering... My drone got an RI who happens to live in town. Can she marry him and move in with him?

EDIT: Can drones repeat skills?

How would you do that though? You cannot move her into the hive where you could kick out the drone and her when the drone moves. Once you move out a drone you're done playing them because you do not switch households.

Drone skills do not need to be unique.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »
When you marry a sim, you choose the household they move into. My drone would move into the townie's home, which would be like moving her out.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »
The only thing is it kind of does not make sense because then you will not finish the challenge with every home filled with offspring and clones of the hive — you'd have that one where a spouse is in there too. So, it's not total domination. She must have sweet talked the drone and somehow dominated him!  ;D

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2014, 09:48:15 AM »
Yeah, that was my thought. Besides, he'll probably be dead by the end, not like he's a fairy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »
My MN8 proprietor issue is starting to be a problem. Sonny is in the PI career and keeps being sent to interview said proprietor. He can't reach them and can't interact with any of the others. Much foot stomping and lagging ensue.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »
I am fine with your bulldozing and replacing your troublesome lot to see if it will help. Just wait until Metro pops in with the final say though.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2014, 02:04:51 PM »
I am fine with your bulldozing and replacing your troublesome lot to see if it will help. Just wait until Metro pops in with the final say though.

Rachel

*pops in quickly*

Bulldoze away!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2014, 09:42:02 PM »
Thanks for the go ahead. It seem MN8 was stuck in permanent SimFest mode, 24/7. My game is much smoother now.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2014, 05:59:12 AM »
where can I find people's stories to go with this dynasty and photos of their creations please?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2014, 06:57:44 AM »
where can I find people's stories to go with this dynasty and photos of their creations please?

On this board.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2014, 07:12:04 AM »
Thank you muchly. Looking forward to some inspiration  :)

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2014, 08:05:41 AM »
Quick question: Does the Masterpiece portrait need to be painted by King/Queen or can a drone paint it?