Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130472 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2014, 02:01:34 PM »
Says on the page: Moving is fine, but you cannot change neighborhoods.  I am pretty sure you can move your founders.

Thanks, Nutella.  I just wanted to make sure I could leave one YA behind, moving the rest.  Instead of moving everyone, and then moving the YA out from the family.  Or moving the YA out and then moving the remaining family.  The first way, I just buy one house; the other ways I'd have to buy two. 

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2014, 10:34:21 PM »
One of the empty community lots in Barnacle Bay is 25x25, and there aren't any houses in the bin that fit on that lot size. What do I do with it? If it helps, I still have one allowed lot left to change.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2014, 12:01:31 AM »
One of the empty community lots in Barnacle Bay is 25x25, and there aren't any houses in the bin that fit on that lot size. What do I do with it? If it helps, I still have one allowed lot left to change.

You could start on that one, build the minimum house required to be able to buy it later and then move.
[they/them pronouns please]

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2014, 06:19:59 AM »
That's what I did with my 25x25 lot. Someone said that the houseboats will fit, but I'm playing without Island Paradise.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2014, 07:43:37 AM »
That's what I did with my 25x25 lot. Someone said that the houseboats will fit, but I'm playing without Island Paradise.

I'll have to look into the houseboats if I do the challenge again in another world with tiny lots. Aurora Skies has three of them, so combined two of the 20x20 lots as two of my changes and started on the third.

I'd also be tempted to play it without Generations in future. Graduation days for 6 offspring over 2-3 days almost drove me insane.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2014, 09:29:56 AM »
Can't you find one in an EA town and copy it to the library?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2014, 09:46:14 AM »
callycat, I agree with you about graduations, but Generations is the EP that provides the cloning voucher.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2014, 09:49:07 AM »
I've been keeping my swarms down to 3 or 4 kids at a time and trying to age them up to YA all on the same day. One graduation day per group is disrupting enough.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2014, 10:19:31 AM »
I just had a clone child (via clone voucher) with different hair color, creepy !

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2014, 10:23:23 AM »
I know that cloning with the Science skill can produce kids with different coloring from their donor (just differences in hair and/or eye color, though), so I guess the Clone Voucher clones can work the same way too.

Is there an official answer to my 25x25 lot problem? I don't want to have to move there first (I have my eyes set on starting and staying on the dynasty lot), and I don't have IP, so no houseboats. As mentioned, I still have one lot left to change.

I actually thought that we were limited to houses/community lots in the bin for this one. Is that actually the case? If it's not, then there are some houses in EA worlds that could fit (a few starters from Roaring Heights come to mind).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2014, 10:31:02 AM »
Gonna need Metro to ok copying smaller houses from other world into the library and then using those. 

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »
It says EA designed houses only in the rules. I interpret that as put whatever EA houses from whatever EA town that you want into your bin and use those. Also, you can leave one lot empty to build your founder house, if you like.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2014, 12:33:55 PM »
About what is considered stockpiling, is anything the parents do between conception and birth considered to be stockpiling?

In other words, when the Queen is pregnant, and she gets maternity leave, could I have her start working on stuff for the next pregnancy, or do I need to wait until she gives birth?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2014, 12:54:10 PM »
You just have to be really careful, Lena. You have your 5 requirements before RD #1. So, your King and Queen finish all their 5 requirements for RD #1 and now they can Try For Baby. They do. Now you're looking for more to do before the offspring and clones arrive. This is where you have to be super careful because you CANNOT finish any more requirements. You can make progress towards the 5 requirements needed for RD #2, but you could not actually complete them — that's stockpiling—capping a career, buying another LTR, finishing more skill challenges, etc.

According to Metro earlier post, seems like you can make progress towards the 5 requirements for next RD, but you can't complete them.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »
callycat, I agree with you about graduations, but Generations is the EP that provides the cloning voucher.

Oh no, looks like I'll have to just try to organise the birthdays better then. Shame!